Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:01 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Apologies for the double post but I do want to bump this-
Download is patched to fix the freeze at Charlotte/Shelly, which I had overlooked before. My bad entirely and I am sorry.

Downloading the update-only one if patching previous downloads is fine
With Love, Your Shadow~
Proud owner of Reborn and spearhead of the Pokemon Reborn game~
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Ok, so I'm still confused as to where Ralts is. Any hints?
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:27 PM
cianomahony

Just thought I'd let you know, there's a script error that causes the game to crash when you try to buy strawberry i cream in Spinel town..
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Ok, so I'm still confused as to where Ralts is. Any hints?
Spoiler:
There's a beggar in the Lower Peridot Ward who guards a house containing Ralts. Very close to the Opal ward. Remember, be generous.

Hope that helps.

Really loving this new update- the new battle hud is brilliant!
because it's just pure awesome.

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-Tamer795 View Post
Spoiler:
There's a beggar in the Lower Peridot Ward who guards a house containing Ralts. Very close to the Opal ward. Remember, be generous.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the tip! Now all I have to do is train her up to the level of my Combusken and Loudred.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Lucario505

So if you beat Sigmund your battle with Sirius is skipped and if you decide not to battle Sigmund you have to battle Sirius. I've done both and neither were that hard. I just decided to leave it facing Sigmund, but idk what will result of it... Either way both get their Ring and Pendant stolen/taken, so we're not really saving them, do we get something from the specific character we chose fight for that effects the main story or is it just that we'll have to fight the guy we decided to skip later on and he'll just be tougher?

Anyway, just finished this episode, it was pretty short xD I didn't really find the PokeMart to see the preview, so idk if there's a problem there, is it outside the town/city somewhere? I haven't checked xP lol, always leaves us off on a cliff hanger, so many questions left unanswered >.<"

-Also, I think I should mention that I'm still having trouble with the weather... always raining, and the weather forecasts don't match the weather (or vice versa).

Last edited by Lucario505; May 28th, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

I mentioned this in the readme, but if it's always raining, try sailing to Apophyll or Azurine on Amy's boat real quick and that -should- reset it... If that doesn't work after a few days (to ensure that it wasn't raining naturally anyway), I'd be curious to see what's up with that.

The choice between Sirius and Sigmund doesn't make a big difference... for now.

@Ciano- thanks for the heads up, beta testers missed that part entirely due to a diferent error. Do chocolate and "Vanilla" work all right?
With Love, Your Shadow~
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:23 AM
cianomahony

Quote:
Do chocolate and "Vanilla" work all right?
They work fine as far as I know. I only got one of each though, so I don't know about "multiple" purchases
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Lucario505

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
I mentioned this in the readme, but if it's always raining, try sailing to Apophyll or Azurine on Amy's boat real quick and that -should- reset it... If that doesn't work after a few days (to ensure that it wasn't raining naturally anyway), I'd be curious to see what's up with that.

The choice between Sirius and Sigmund doesn't make a big difference... for now.

@Ciano- thanks for the heads up, beta testers missed that part entirely due to a diferent error. Do chocolate and "Vanilla" work all right?
Lol, the one time I don't read the "readme" xD Thanks, the problem was fixed after going to Apophyll.
-By the way, I found a random Unknown while headbutting a tree in the Wasteland, I'm not sure if that's suppose to be there or not, just thought I should report it d:
-"Vanilla" and Chocolate worked ok when I bought multiple, I'm not sure what the Chocolate does or is suppose to do exactly...
-Oh, and some items have some very random sprites/pictures to them, for example, the Chocolate Ice Cream has the "Reveal Glass" picture and the Link Stone has the "S.S. Ticket" image (though I'm sure you already know that).
-One last thing, will we be receiving a Vs. Seeker soon? It would really help out training xD
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Farore

Nature: Gentle
Hi, I've been enjoying your game a lot!

I just finished Episode 8 and wanted to report a bug I encountered while fighting Bennett.

I don't know if you've already heard about it but I'm telling you just in case.

His Masquerain made the message saying that the script was taking too long and that the game would restart appear several times.

It happened when he was sending Masquerain every time, I had to switch Pokemon and hope that the Masquerain would finally make it's presence known.

And if you let the game be saved after the first error, you're stuck fighting Bennet so I guess you're forced to lose if your team is underleveled.

Oh, and by the way, the update pack for Episode 08 didn't work concerning the freeze with Charlotte, (at least for me) I downloaded and merged it with my Reborn folder before the scene and the game froze anyway.

I had to leave the building and come back, and do it again a bit after because the game also froze when Anna was stopped by Cain while trying to pursue the Doctor and Sirius.

Last edited by Farore; May 31st, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:03 PM
ExavierFR
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Hi, your game looks very neat and I wanted to start playing it but there is a problem.
Like some people stated previously, the download stops somewhere in the middle. You said you would fix that with the next patch (which is version 8) but the problem is still there. Any chance you can upload it to mediafire or any other filesharing site?
Ty and keep up the good stuff!

EDIT: after the 3rd download it was ok. (dont know why, I wasnt downloading anything else etc.)
Participating in:

Supporting:

Last edited by ExavierFR; May 29th, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

Amethyst, I sent you a PM with a link to my save file in it, but I'm not sure it went through?

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM
jake2003
Unhatched Egg

So for some reason the game refuses to run on my computer anymore. I had to have it wiped in between updates so that may be the cause. I made sure to back up my save file so I still have that, but whenever I try to open the new update it just sits there with a black screen forever and does not respond. I seem to be the only one with this problem so something must be wrong with my computer. Are there any settings that I can mess with to fix this, because I've really enjoyed the game so far and would really like to play the new episode. Thanks!
Jake2003
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:26 PM
NateGrey

Hello,
I have a huge problem with my game. I just beat Corey and I am on the verge of beating Shelly. However, when Corey was "supposed" to give the badge before his death, it didn't appear. Thus, when my Infernape reached level 37, it started disobeying me for some reason. Could you help me out?
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:29 PM
Paper Heart
Unhatched Egg

You're not actually supposed to get a badge from Corey. He got depressed and launched himself off the ledge before you could get it, so you'll have to beat another poison gym leader later ; Just try using your other pokemon against Shelly for now, and she'll give you a new badge and Infernape will obey you again
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:45 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario505 View Post
-Oh, and some items have some very random sprites/pictures to them, for example, the Chocolate Ice Cream has the "Reveal Glass" picture and the Link Stone has the "S.S. Ticket" image (though I'm sure you already know that).
-One last thing, will we be receiving a Vs. Seeker soon? It would really help out training xD
* Yeah, I've kind of neglected the custom items appearances so far, and while that's something I'm aware of, it's not a terribly high priority for me to address. I'll definitely go back and fix that list up once I've got the items I need more ah, set in stone.

* Vs seeker isn't going to happen; if rematches were a thing they'd be as a result of Gen 2 style phone calls. However, I'm holding off on this feature because remember, more training and higher levels will become continually available as you progress. It's only while episodes are still being made that there are these dull periods of having to grind in the same place. If once the game is finished I feel there needs to be more options for grinding up, then I'll look at those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farore View Post
His Masquerain made the message saying that the script was taking too long and that the game would restart appear several times.
Oh, and by the way, the update pack for Episode 08 didn't work concerning the freeze with Charlotte, (at least for me) I downloaded and merged it with my Reborn folder before the scene and the game froze anyway.

I had to leave the building and come back, and do it again a bit after because the game also froze when Anna was stopped by Cain while trying to pursue the Doctor and Sirius.
More often that not, that's a result of your computer quite not being able to handle a certain Animated sprite- in this case Masquerain. Unfortunately there's no way I can account for that sans just advising people to not use animated sprites on computers that can't quite handle it.
If it happens again and continues happening you can just delete the animated sprite of the Pokemon in question and it'll revert to the static sprite so you can get through. I can see this being potentially rough though.

As for the freezes yeah, idk. Hopefully we're all over that now, sorry. x.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExavierFR View Post
Hi, your game looks very neat and I wanted to start playing it but there is a problem.
Like some people stated previously, the download stops somewhere in the middle. You said you would fix that with the next patch (which is version 8) but the problem is still there. Any chance you can upload it to mediafire or any other filesharing site?
Ty and keep up the good stuff!

EDIT: after the 3rd download it was ok. (dont know why, I wasnt downloading anything else etc.)
There's a chance you were downloading it while I was reuploading, or just if the server was a bit overloaded. I haven't forgotten about the mirror and I'm getting that worked out shortly now that I believe the iffy freeze stuff is cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-Tamer795 View Post
Amethyst, I sent you a PM with a link to my save file in it, but I'm not sure it went through?
It did! And I was on a different computer at the time so I couldn't do anything with it but I have now and got the song and will get back to you about that and um
the other thing is uh
...what was i supposed to do with your save file again? >< I have totally spaced. I'm like 'wait why is he sending me this lol' Really sorry, just remind me please. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2003 View Post
So for some reason the game refuses to run on my computer anymore. I had to have it wiped in between updates so that may be the cause. I made sure to back up my save file so I still have that, but whenever I try to open the new update it just sits there with a black screen forever and does not respond. I seem to be the only one with this problem so something must be wrong with my computer. Are there any settings that I can mess with to fix this, because I've really enjoyed the game so far and would really like to play the new episode. Thanks!
Jake2003
Uhhhhh.
Uhhhhhhhh.
You had to have it wiped. Interesting. I'm wondering if maybe you're missing some driver or something that RMXP games need but I wouldn't know what that would be. Have you tried playing any other games made with RMXP since the wipe, and if so, do they work?
With Love, Your Shadow~
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM
jake2003
Unhatched Egg

I have one other game that runs on RMXP and it works fine. It's another pokemon game too it just seems to have a different font style compared to before the wipe. I have yet to try reborn on another computer, but if worse comes to worse I'm pretty sure I can just download the game onto another computer and transfer my save file. I'll let you know what happens but thanks for your reply! Good luck with the rest of the game!
Old June 2nd, 2013, 04:03 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
* It did! And I was on a different computer at the time so I couldn't do anything with it but I have now and got the song and will get back to you about that and um
the other thing is uh
...what was i supposed to do with your save file again? >< I have totally spaced. I'm like 'wait why is he sending me this lol' Really sorry, just remind me please. XD
*Grins massively*

The Drifloon thing. A couple pages back you said I should send you my save file after the next release.

And the song- Great. Please let me know what improvements I can make, I know it's a little wierd in places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2003
Good luck with the rest of the game!

Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Okay, that's that'd, aaaand I've added a link to a page with download mirrors in the first post. It has it for both the full download and the animated sprites add on c:

EDIT:
Also replaced that list of character profiles with a link to an updated page of character profiles on our site!
With Love, Your Shadow~

Last edited by AmethystRain; June 2nd, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:57 AM
sjr56

um.... every time i try to download episodes 1-8 the file will not unzip or even open on my computer, could i have a little tech help?
Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:41 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

^have you tried the mirrors? Do any other RMXP games unzip correctly?

Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:38 PM
sjr56

The mirror link isnt working for me I get a 404 error and unfourtently I'm not quite clear on what a RMXP game is.... all I know it when i tried downloading form the 1st link (episode 1-8) when tried to unzip the file it says it invalid (whatever that means)

Ps THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP i HAVE BEEN WATCHING A PLAY THROUGH ON YOUTUBE AND IT LOOKS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr56 View Post
The mirror link isnt working for me I get a 404 error and unfourtently I'm not quite clear on what a RMXP game is.... all I know it when i tried downloading form the 1st link (episode 1-8) when tried to unzip the file it says it invalid (whatever that means)

Ps THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP i HAVE BEEN WATCHING A PLAY THROUGH ON YOUTUBE AND IT LOOKS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!
Trust me, it is.

Most of the fangames on this site are RMXP based or similar.

Your computer calling the .zip file invalid is due to one of two reasons:

-The file was not zipped properly in the first place (probably not the case as most of us have downloaded it successfully) or

-somthing went wrong while you were downloading.

Try re-downloading from the original link, that should sort it :)

Old June 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM
sjr56

No I'm afraid that didnt work.... I tried twice more to download.... oh well

victory! The first original link still hasnt worked for me but I got the mirrior link to work!
so excited! thank you so much! I am so excited!!!!!!!!

Last edited by sjr56; June 4th, 2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Gunivar

I like the work put into it, and having characters with personality and what-not.
My main issues:
1. I get the "struggle" feeling, but I feel overly limited in the Pokemon I can get while still in the city.
2. Finding your way through the city is very annoying. Particularly because the game has you back-track to get Cut.
3. Lack of good wild-Pokemon locations near Pokemon centers.
4055-3118-1740
Grass Type: Petitil, Pansage, _____
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here