The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 14th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabluebird View Post
I'm glad to hear that! :'D If you need anything design wise, I will gladly help as graphic design is a hobby of mine.
oh? would you want to make an intro-screen for my game?

this is all I have: This is weak
you can pretty much make it however you want
I'll let you have artist's creativity, free range, w/e you want
as long as "pokemon Litharreon" is on it, and is prominent enough, you can pretty much do w/e you want

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old April 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
hanabluebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
oh? would you want to make an intro-screen for my game?

this is all I have: This is weak
you can pretty much make it however you want
I'll let you have artist's creativity, free range, w/e you want
as long as "pokemon Litharreon" is on it, and is prominent enough, you can pretty much do w/e you want
Certainly! :'D
It'll be a joy and pleasure to do x3
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabluebird View Post
Certainly! :'D
It'll be a joy and pleasure to do x3
aw thank you! so nice, I can't wait to see it! and have fun with it, I'm sure it'll be awesome! :D

meanwhile, I shall be trying to make awesome graphics~ more updates shall follow

Old April 18th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Saving Raven

finished the Bidoof evolution finally:

Old May 5th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Saving Raven

Whoa, this looks dead o-o...

well heres some stuff I've been working on:

Old May 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Saving Raven

woot woot, new stuff for you non existent people~

just a little teaser, she doesnt even have a name yet, so enjoy it as much as you can~
she must be important though, considering she has her own vs sprite

Old May 12th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
While I'm not the biggest fan of recolors/splices of old Pokemon, I will say it has been a long time since I saw a third generation style game that has appealed to my eyes. I think the way you've mapped buildings is great, which is something not seen too terribly often in Fangames.

Old May 12th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
While I'm not the biggest fan of recolors/splices of old Pokemon, I will say it has been a long time since I saw a third generation style game that has appealed to my eyes. I think the way you've mapped buildings is great, which is something not seen too terribly often in Fangames.
thanks! I really appreciate it, I wanted to make a style that looked simple, but still very nice and pleasant, so i mixed things and changed almost all of the colors and I think it came out pretty well
There are more places and maps I havent shown I think, i'm not totally sure, once I finish the update I'll update the front page with more screens

Anywho, I'm still working on new stuff and will get a release and update out soon, and a lot of new stuff will be implimented

Old May 14th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Braviary75
Black_Kyurem75

Wooooaahhh very awesome, continue like that, you have all my encouragement
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braviary75 View Post
Wooooaahhh very awesome, continue like that, you have all my encouragement
wooooooahh, thank you sir, I very much appreciate it, I certainly shall keep up this like so, and I am glad to have your encouragement, keep a close eye out, theres more to come ;P

Old May 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM
dragonmaster2

I can't get out of the lab in cyan city! Help!
Old May 15th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmaster2 View Post
I can't get out of the lab in cyan city! Help!
sorry guy, It was an old thing that i messed up, but i've fixed it, and just checked, so when i post another update and everything will be finished

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:01 AM
sashimi

Could you post Glavian's moveset? I've been levelling it up, but yeah...nothing so far

And its nice that this game isn't unbearably slow like most rpgmaker games, I can actually play this without wanting to scream.
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Saving Raven

hahahaha, now that you mention it i think i've taken a mix of a bunch of different pokemon's moves and or used the exact unchanged moveset for eevee/growlithe/spearow....
I guess that should be one of the first things i change before I get out another update huh...
back to your question, I'll do so once one exists ^ ^
as well as the changes of everything like new evolutions, new types and movesets for all pokemon once i do that too hahaha

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
sashimi

Well, I leveled it up once more and its finally learned icy wind. I was just worried that I'd be stuck with a physical set of moves on a pokemon with a crappy attack stat and a monstrous special stat.
So yeah, problem solved
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Saving Raven

as it stands now, glavian's moves are as follows:
1,TAILWHIP 1,TACKLE 1,HELPINGHAND 8,SANDATTACK 15,ICYWIND 22,QUICKATTACK 29,BITE 36,ICESHARD 43,ICEFANG 50,BLIZZARD 57,MIRRORCOAT 64,HAIL 71,LASTRESORT 78,BARRIER

Old May 29th, 2013, 01:17 PM
J-Grizz
Growlithe is #1

I absolutely love the way you have set this plot and the starters are great love how you set the evolutions exspecially for one particular one that is probly self explanitory but i have browsed the forums before but just made this account today because i really wanted to know about how this game is coming and am very interested in playing it but mostly to Compliment the thought you have put into it LOVE THE ORIGNALITY!!!!!

And you get my first Support Shout-Out!!

Last edited by J-Grizz; May 29th, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Grizz View Post
I absolutely love the way you have set this plot and the starters are great love how you set the evolutions exspecially for one particular one that is probly self explanitory but i have browsed the forums before but just made this account today because i really wanted to know about how this game is coming and am very interested in playing it but mostly to Compliment the thought you have put into it LOVE THE ORIGNALITY!!!!!

And you get my first Support Shout-Out!!
haha, thnk you very much for your support ^ ^
It is very much appreciated!
I really try to put as much effort and creativity into this as possible, but i must admit i get sidetracked at times...mostly now, since its summer and I have all the time in the world, hahaha
however, I'm researching in-depth one of the most preliminary breakthroughs in the world of micro-management! Animal Crossing!! haha, I'm enjoying myself once again, as well as learning new tips for making the many little NPC's and sidequests, as well as micro-management town in my own game!
If you keep a close eye out I'll be finishing a few trainers and trying to tie as many as loose ends as possible!
as an update, I've decided to scrap the idea to make many legenadaries additional evolutions either for themselves or otherwise, in favor of reducing their stats and making them normal wild pokemon, perhaps as strong as a third evolution, or w/e i see fit
other than that I have been side tracked by sprites...I call myself an artist but for shame! I am not at all happy with many of my gym leaders and their sprites as well as VS sprites...I may make dummy ones as place holders and move on though, other than that a new release is coming closer and closer! so keep an eye out!

Old May 29th, 2013, 05:54 PM
J-Grizz
Growlithe is #1

Quote:
haha, thnk you very much for your support ^ ^
It is very much appreciated!
I really try to put as much effort and creativity into this as possible, but i must admit i get sidetracked at times...mostly now, since its summer and I have all the time in the world, hahaha
however, I'm researching in-depth one of the most preliminary breakthroughs in the world of micro-management! Animal Crossing!! haha, I'm enjoying myself once again, as well as learning new tips for making the many little NPC's and sidequests, as well as micro-management town in my own game!
If you keep a close eye out I'll be finishing a few trainers and trying to tie as many as loose ends as possible!
as an update, I've decided to scrap the idea to make many legenadaries additional evolutions either for themselves or otherwise, in favor of reducing their stats and making them normal wild pokemon, perhaps as strong as a third evolution, or w/e i see fit
other than that I have been side tracked by sprites...I call myself an artist but for shame! I am not at all happy with many of my gym leaders and their sprites as well as VS sprites...I may make dummy ones as place holders and move on though, other than that a new release is coming closer and closer! so keep an eye out!
O trust me my eyes are open lol and i dont blame you for working so hard on the sprites to me that makes the game and as far as ANIMAL CROSSING i have spent a good portion of my childhood on that game and never understood why hahaha but something i have noticed in the demo not sure if i just have an older version or if it was mentioned but if you change your cloths to Gary and use your running shoes you disappear lol Im not great with the whole tech aspect but i can be pretty creative so if i can offer any help on design or ideas i would be more then happy to share my thoughts or even if you have a pokemon you would like to add but not sure what it should look like i could always draft something to maybe help you come up with a final design and look forward to the update(and completed version) lol

Old May 29th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Grizz View Post
O trust me my eyes are open lol and i dont blame you for working so hard on the sprites to me that makes the game and as far as ANIMAL CROSSING i have spent a good portion of my childhood on that game and never understood why hahaha but something i have noticed in the demo not sure if i just have an older version or if it was mentioned but if you change your cloths to Gary and use your running shoes you disappear lol Im not great with the whole tech aspect but i can be pretty creative so if i can offer any help on design or ideas i would be more then happy to share my thoughts or even if you have a pokemon you would like to add but not sure what it should look like i could always draft something to maybe help you come up with a final design and look forward to the update(and completed version) lol
haha, yes i know it's old but its fun to get back into it every now and again, plus it has great aspects i can draw from for inspiration
as for the gary thing I realize this, it was because of the custom sprites i had to make, it was annoying and decided to wait until i had time for felt like doing it, hahaha
there are alos a few other bugs, like no vs sprites showing up, and being unable to leave the pokemon lab, but other than that things should be fine i think...
thanks for your offer! i'll keep you in mind if i ever need any help! I'm mostly working on this alone, i have a friend of mine doing nit picky scripts for me to add to my pokegear, and evolutions, but as far as game revolutionizing material, or composing, and things like proffessional graphics, etc, I'm all alone hahaha

Old May 29th, 2013, 06:55 PM
J-Grizz
Growlithe is #1

Quote:
haha, yes i know it's old but its fun to get back into it every now and again, plus it has great aspects i can draw from for inspiration
as for the gary thing I realize this, it was because of the custom sprites i had to make, it was annoying and decided to wait until i had time for felt like doing it, hahaha
there are alos a few other bugs, like no vs sprites showing up, and being unable to leave the pokemon lab, but other than that things should be fine i think...
thanks for your offer! i'll keep you in mind if i ever need any help! I'm mostly working on this alone, i have a friend of mine doing nit picky scripts for me to add to my pokegear, and evolutions, but as far as game revolutionizing material, or composing, and things like proffessional graphics, etc, I'm all alone hahaha
Haha well your doing great lol but as a refrence i have made a batman and spiderman shirt on animal crossing hahah sorry had to is there a trick to getting out of the lab lol

Old May 29th, 2013, 10:41 PM
nakagg
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lonely
I noticed something weird, well since it's a demo.

The "female" character is a costume? "Dad" and "Mom" still call me son. Also the running sprites for her is the surfing sprites.

The "Gary" costume running sprite is invisible ninja walking.
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakagg View Post
I noticed something weird, well since it's a demo.

The "female" character is a costume? "Dad" and "Mom" still call me son. Also the running sprites for her is the surfing sprites.

The "Gary" costume running sprite is invisible ninja walking.
sorry to you and any other female players, but the story primarily revolves around the player being a male. I have created a semi-solution to the problem by creating a female costume; with this I have relieved myself of the unnecessary task of creating male and female variations of many costumes, as i will be implementing many many costumes for the player throughout the story. However, for female players, they will be able to still have female costumes as i will create a few (though quite a sizable amount less) female costumes, but there will still be love for the female players, don't worry.
I am trying to say that despite the player being a male, if you are a female player, you too will have variations of your player
however, the player will be seen as cross-dressing, and still be referred to as a male
I apologize for any graphical errors regarding the player, I am still implementing costumes, and there are a few errors
I hope this clears up everything you may have been unsure about!
a reminder, there will be many costumes, and they will not be accessible from the start, as a beta bonus, you will be allowed to equip any costume I have created as of late, however, once the game has taken off and is close to completion, I will be restricting all costumes to male, female, and gold at the start, the others must be earned through side quests, and plot development (note that there will be costumes for the present as well as the future, however they can not be interchanged entirely, as you cannot wear some costumes due to graphical changes or time line differences; the past will only have the one costume)

Old May 31st, 2013, 05:35 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

Awesome looking hack. never really like fakemon but but yours have great thoughts behind them. looking forward to play this!

is this playable on gameboid?

Last edited by openkaart; May 31st, 2013 at 06:23 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:10 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
Awesome looking hack. never really like fakemon but but yours have great thoughts behind them. looking forward to play this!

is this playable on gameboid?
Well sir, this is not a hack; it is a fan-made game which runs by itself, and does not need a third party program in order to be played, ie, it runs on its own

Thank you for your compliments, I dont particularly like fakemon either, but a lot of them are very interesting if you look hard enough

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links