The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Bulbasaur start with Solar Beam to match the Manga?
Yes 2,583 88.64%
No 331 11.36%
Voters: 2914. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 26th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Reginald McEagleston
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GozetaGX View Post
This is kinda like out of topic but still in same topic XD but.....What is your opinion about Pokemon Adventures Manga so far?more awesome then anime or what?
Well, assuming you were asking me and not the creator of this hack...
Honestly? I've started to like the Manga a bit more. The characters are more lovable ( And more impressive - Red makes Ash look like a Bug Catcher )
So, yeah. Much more awesome than anime.
But, given the fact that I quite literally grew up with that anime, and it's what introduced me to Pokemon, it'll always hold a special place in my broken little heart. <3
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:00 AM
GozetaGX
Just a passerby Trainer.

I know that feel..I also grow up with Pokemon Anime so it still have this special place in my heart ...But Pokemon Special/Adventures still better then anime~
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Megataz

This is cool like ash gray
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:39 AM
ectoplasmaticgoo
Unhatched Egg

At which point does beta 2.6 ends? Is the game complete or?
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:00 PM
chaosrules
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasmaticgoo View Post
I came to ask the same thing. I'm really interested in this(though I never read the manga). Probably gonna start playing it regardless of whether or not this is answered.

I'm also curious, how much play time is expected of the final product?

Old May 28th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Robert6354
Unhatched Egg

Just finished part one of the lets play :D

youtube.com
/watch?v=C0eolcY0w3g

Amazing Hack
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Just finished most of my assessment, so I can dedicate more time to hacking. Anyway, just finished the Lavender Town arc entirely (screenshot is available).

Created a new area in LAVENDER TOWN known as "Dream Cave"
(screenshot is available).

Also changed several stuff from Beta 2, read the Changelog
to see the changes from Beta 2 to Beta 3.

Also fixed the trainer sprite

Just started Green Debut Arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrules View Post
I came to ask the same thing. I'm really interested in this(though I never read the manga). Probably gonna start playing it regardless of whether or not this is answered.

I'm also curious, how much play time is expected of the final product?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasmaticgoo View Post
The beta 2.6 ends right after defeating Koga in LAvender Tower.

I honestly don't know the expected play time of the final product. This is because I want to make Orange Isle playable. Therefore, after the manga story, the game would then follow the Orange Isle Arc storyline, so Kabuto Island, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
Just completely finished Beta 2.6, really enjoyed it! You did a great job with Poliwhirl's evolution into Poliwrath placing the water stone underwater.

One thing I would change is how Bulbasaur evolves. In the manga I'm pretty sure he doesn't become Ivysaur until Celadon so once you figure out how to change how pokemon evolve, making it so Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur through a certain item you can only get in Celadon would be cool because I already have a level 25 Ivysaur and I'm in Lavender Town. Additionally I'd do something similar once you reach Silph Co. because that's when Ivysaur becomes Venasaur. I would bump up the base stats of Bulbasaur and Ivysaur a little bit also. Great hack so far though! Really loved this beta it and I can't wait for the next update!
Okay, I'll take your suggestion. However, I won't change anything on Bulbasaur, I don't mind Bulbasaur evolving to Ivysaur. However, I will make IVYSAUR evolve to VENUSAUR through a special event.

In Beta 3, I really wanna focus on the evolutions. Therefore, I'll try to find a way to make Ivysaur evolves by a certain location or possibly event.

Last edited by Aethestode; May 29th, 2013 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Charblade111

Reporting a bug where in Lavender Tower after beating your rival if you try to interact with the Pikachu above you it freezes your game.
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charblade111 View Post
Reporting a bug where in Lavender Tower after beating your rival if you try to interact with the Pikachu above you it freezes your game.
Yep. fixed that for beta 3.
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:46 PM
ROBO-BOY
The Monkey Man

Nature: Brave
lovin the game. good job dude
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just added Green official debut scene. That scene was very "annoying" to make because of all the choices players can have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBO-BOY View Post
lovin the game. good job dude
Thank you.
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Yurei99
Swampert is a Beast

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Yurei99
GOOD HACK!
Totally love this. Going to wait for the full version/more story
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:07 AM
RizkyUchiha

in the manga, red's Bulbasaur evolve into Ivysaur after he battle a wild primeape at the gate of Celadon City, will you make that event?
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just released 2 new videos featuring Green. The videos links are located in the front page. Please show support by liking the videos. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizkyUchiha View Post
in the manga, red's Bulbasaur evolve into Ivysaur after he battle a wild primeape at the gate of Celadon City, will you make that event?
I wish I could, unfortunately, I'm still pretty new to hacking. I don't really know how to create new evolution... so unfortunately no... =(. Although, that event would be taken into account if you had IVYSAUR in your party. However, if I get the hang of things, i might eventually make it... =)

Just completely finished Wartortle War Arc, screenshots are available.

Last edited by Aethestode; May 31st, 2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:10 AM
playplayj
TheArchangle

When can we expect beta 3? Not to rush you or anything, I just enjoy this hack so much that I can't wait for more!!!
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:50 AM
ZakTheManaic
Zak The Awesome Maniac

This game is really fun so far i just got to Mt. Moon and this game is awesome. So since your on beta 2 is it completely done? Or do you plan on adding more stuff to it? Just wondering because I don't feel like its long.

Old May 31st, 2013, 04:06 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

^This current beta only goes up to Lavender Town. While I'm not the creator, I believe he intends on completing the whole story of Red and then moving on to Blue Green and Yellow's stories.
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:32 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
When can we expect beta 3? Not to rush you or anything, I just enjoy this hack so much that I can't wait for more!!!
June the 16th, that's because I'll be going on holiday, so I'll try to add as much update into beta 3 as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakTheManaic View Post
This game is really fun so far i just got to Mt. Moon and this game is awesome. So since your on beta 2 is it completely done? Or do you plan on adding more stuff to it? Just wondering because I don't feel like its long.
Beta 2 is done (goes up to lavender), I'm currently making beta 3. The game will have filler contents and side missions to make the game longer.

Last edited by Aethestode; May 31st, 2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:13 PM
Autonin
Unhatched Egg

Um I'm not sure why but I can't leave Pallet Town or it crashes I'm using both NO$GBA and VisualBoyAdvance can someone please help me.
Old June 1st, 2013, 03:49 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just added the Breaking Arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonin View Post
Um I'm not sure why but I can't leave Pallet Town or it crashes I'm using both NO$GBA and VisualBoyAdvance can someone please help me.
Have you patch on a clean USA FireRed Rom? Are you using Beta 2 from the link provided?
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:45 AM
Pokeking321
Fire Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Naughty
I found a glitch otside of mt moon.If you talk to the third last rock the game freezes.
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:57 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeking321 View Post
I found a glitch otside of mt moon.If you talk to the third last rock the game freezes.
Thank you!
Fixed for beta 3, which would be releasing on june 16th
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM
ShinyDarkral

Hey, I just read that the beta ends after the match vs Koga in lavender town. My question is, shouldn't I continue playing, because I can go to Saffron City for example and beat Team Rocket in the Silph Co.
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:25 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just finished the entire BREAKING IN Arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDarkral View Post
Hey, I just read that the beta ends after the match vs Koga in lavender town. My question is, shouldn't I continue playing, because I can go to Saffron City for example and beat Team Rocket in the Silph Co.
Sure you can, but it's just that you'll be playing the normal FireRed at that point.

Last edited by Aethestode; June 2nd, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
D3ath Angel
Ace Trainer

Thanks for working on this. There have been some failed attempts in the past, and as it doesn't appear that Nintendo will do the bright thing and turn this into an anime, a rom hack is the next best thing. You seem to work pretty quickly, too. I tried it out, but will play more extensively once Beta 3 is out. I wish I could find a GBA flash card, though, so I could play this on the go. They seem to be extinct as far as my searches are concerned.

Anyway, I suggest you don't spend time replacing the pokemon voices. I always thought the anime pokemon name-voices were silly (perhaps an attempt at marketing to hammer in each Pokemon's name to the child audience or to save trouble on voice acting animals), and the manga appears to give them more natural sounds like in the game.

Sponsored Links