The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old May 30th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Sooo, Project X Zone; this game was originally only made for Japan, but, it's now being released overseas to North America on June 25, 2013, Australia on July 4, 2013, and in Europe on July 5, 2013. If you don't know what this game is about, it's basically a a crossover tactical role-playing game for the 3Ds that features characters from the Namco Bandai, Capcom, and Sega Games. The battle system is called the Cross Active Battle System, wherein pressing the A button in combination with the Circle Pad performs up to five basic attack combos. If you wanna learn more, check out here: http://namcobandaigames.com/console/project-x-zone

There's also a limited edition bundle that has Limited Edition packaging, a Mini-poster, a Mini-art book, and a Game soundtrack. All only available day one. Anyways, with this game due in just a couple of week sin North America, what do you think of the game? Will you be purchasing it? Why or Why not? Got any hopes, or disappointments?

Feel free to share your thoughts here!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
It looks interesting, but I don't feel I know enough of the characters to fully enjoy the concept. Of the series involved I've only played Resident Evil & Tekken. While I recognise some others, I still feel I wouldn't appreciate them much.

That aside, it also looks pretty poor graphically given the 3DS' capabilities. It looks like the game could've worked on DS.
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I am going to buy it but it pisses me of that in europe we dont get many bundles with the games.Actually i think we only have console bundles.It is not a bad thing but i wish i could just get the whole bundle from here not to order it.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:42 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Definitely gonna buy this one. I've given the first game a lot of playtime and it's pretty addicting. The roster does seem to have gotten smaller, but still pretty happy with. Excited to see Sanger (SRW), the Sakura Wars characters, and the ToV characters too. Surprising not too see a representative for the Soul series, given that it's one of Namco's most well known.

I would have like to have seen Regina from Dino Crisis return, but that series is all but dead, so it's not really a surprise; same with Volnutt and Roll from MML.
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
Renyui!
mesc

Nature: Hasty
I played the demo, and the battle system was intriguing, and the sprite design was lovely - to that point, simply because a game is sprite-based doesn't mean it is poor graphically, some would argue that they prefer seeing sprites in modern video gaming. Regardless, I'm not sure I'll be picking this up, since I only connect with a few of the characters, and I don't know how they'd be able to make a sustainable story with that many characters mashed together. Sure, in a 2D fighter it works, but in a SRPG? I'll have to see if another demo can sway me.
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:29 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Played the demo, like some parts of it, hated others. The game seemed fun, but it seems like one of those games that gets incredibly difficult later on, and then nearly impossible to beat. I don't care much for the story or characters though, because I'm only familiar with a few of the franchises featured. Loved the sprites though!
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
My thoughts..

I like the characters but not the game genre (fighting arena). I can't play Megaman in this kind of brawler (though he looks amazing in Super Smash U). I guess I'm too used to their roles. Dante is more awesome when he's slaying hordes of demons in my opinion! I'm happy they stuck with silver hair Dante though! Ryu fits in nicely for obvious reasons. Yuri Lowell actually fits pretty well since the Tales game is mostly a battle arena anyways. I think I see a .hack character in there, but I don't think he fits good in this. I don't know any of those other characters though..

I love Capcom and a lot of their characters, but not when the characters that are mashed together into this type of fighting game (oy I'm a hypocrite, since I love "Smash" games, but it's seems like so much more just an just a 2D arena brawler even though it IS!). I'd be more excited to see a new Megaman X/Legends game..or anything..but not another arena fighting game. >_< I've already recently seen him pop up in three different fighting games already.

(Okay yes, I realized it, I am a hypocrite and biased to Super Smash games because the stages are large and I know every one of the characters. ^ ^

Last edited by Tetrakeet; June 14th, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I thought the system was pretty weird at first since I learned that it wasn't a fighting game, but after playing the demo, it was.. pretty addicting to play! I mean, I really like that combo system; you can't just press buttons with the right d-pad command; you'd have to plan ahead to deal the maximum amount of damage, as well as consider your supports and specials.

Well, I'm not exactly used to it yet because... I thought it was pretty tough to do without healing a lot of times, but, eh.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old June 14th, 2013, 08:46 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I thought the system was pretty weird at first since I learned that it wasn't a fighting game, but after playing the demo, it was.. pretty addicting to play! I mean, I really like that combo system; you can't just press buttons with the right d-pad command; you'd have to plan ahead to deal the maximum amount of damage, as well as consider your supports and specials.

Well, I'm not exactly used to it yet because... I thought it was pretty tough to do without healing a lot of times, but, eh.
I actually LOST the battle on my first playthrough on the demo. It was because I spread people out, so I didn't have support, couldn't rescue, and didn't know how to heal.
Of course, I won the second time. But still...if losing makes you start a short battle like that over again, imagine losing on one of the bigger, late-game battles. I don't want to have that happen to me.
Old June 14th, 2013, 10:42 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I played the demo and I thought it was awesome. I am definitely planning to get it... that is if I can scrounge up enough money for it. I don't recognize every single character, but I know a fair amount > 3<

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Project X Zone comes out tomorrow; is anyone going to buy the game? :3 I really like it, so I do plan on getting it~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:49 AM
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

I'm not sure. I have it preordered but...I don't really have a handle on the Battle System yet. I'm not really sure if I like it, so I'm still undecided on whether I'm picking it up :/
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:01 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Eh? Don't you lose your money or something if you preorder and never pick up? Also I finally preordered online it just yesterday, so it should come in sometime this week. Excited for the game, loved the demo > 3< But boy, it seems like it'll be a pretty difficult game haha.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Eh? Don't you lose your money or something if you preorder and never pick up? Also I finally preordered online it just yesterday, so it should come in sometime this week. Excited for the game, loved the demo > 3< But boy, it seems like it'll be a pretty difficult game haha.
It is not hard really.You just have to get used at how the combos work.

Old June 25th, 2013, 10:43 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
It is not hard really.You just have to get used at how the combos work.
Eh, now I want to play the demo again >.< I really hate how the demo only has 5 uses, I gotta get some practice in before I play the actual game. Though I assume the demo is the beginning of the game.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old June 25th, 2013, 10:52 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Eh, now I want to play the demo again >.< I really hate how the demo only has 5 uses, I gotta get some practice in before I play the actual game. Though I assume the demo is the beginning of the game.
You can practice on super robot taisen for the DS.I think the controls are similar.

Old June 25th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

It's not that hard of a game, actually! You just have to watch your characters limitations as well as keep track of your combos. The only thing annoying is withstanding multiple enemies' attacks, so, you'd have to keep using your potions and crap. Ugh.

But for the most part, this game is pretty good, imo!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old June 25th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
I'll definitely be picking this up. It's a pretty unique game if you ask me. I love that they went with sprites over 3D models.

There are way too many characters to not love this game.

Preorderd and picking up as soon as GS opens tomorrow.
Old June 25th, 2013, 04:57 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Avoided trying out the demo, so this is my first time getting a feel for it. Only up to prologue 4, but the gameplay feels pretty similar to the first game. They changed the combo system a bit, and added pairing up with solo units, but other than, it's the same. Roster is a lot smaller though but it's fun; hearing the remixed tracks is awesome too.

A lot of favorites didn't return for me, but hey, at least Valkyrie's still here.
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:27 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Finally received my copy in the mail yesterday. I was too tired so I barely started playing today in the morning, and I love the playing style already. It's a shame I don't get to use more characters from the beginning, but that's to be expected of course. Also I barely found out why Heihachi Mishima looked so young XD Drugs are bad 'kay?

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old June 29th, 2013, 11:53 AM
machomuu
Community Supporter

So, despite what I said, I ended up buying it launch day and really like it. Right now I'm on chapter...12, I think, and I'm having a lot of fun. The characters' dialog is just great, and I really start to regret not having engaged in a lot of the franchises (though I still recognize a lot of the characters, I just don't necessarily know their stories). It's especially nice to see how these characters build and strengthen relationships, and makes for great fanservice. Plus it's funny without that comedy getting in the way of a story. Plus the gameplay is really interesting. Probably my only complaint, which isn't really a complaint, is the difficulty, since it's on the easy side.

Oh, and there's Frank West. I love it anytime he's on screen. He's wacky in a rather subtle way, and it's the way that they using Frank West and Dead Rising to make him so humorous that makes him so great. Not saying he's my favorite character, but he made for an interesting addition.
Old June 30th, 2013, 04:19 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Finally put some good hours into it. Yuri/Estelle just made their debut with the epic Fury Sparks theme. Anyways, game is just as fun as the first one, and the gameplay is much quicker since they decided to remove the defense system. Still disappointed by the fact that solo units are relegated to just assist characters as there was potential for some interesting movesets, but oh well. Though I'm familiar and have played most of the games that were included here, the really small roster still bugs me a bit. On the other hand, I like what they decided include in this game (Vyse from Skies of Arcadia would have been perfect in this game!) Kite and BlackRose are probably my favorite pair to use so far; the arranged version of Stairs of Time sounds beautiful.

Anyone know what chapter X/Zero show up?

Last edited by thedestinedblade; June 30th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old June 30th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
Finally put some good hours into it. :) Yuri/Estelle just made there debut with the epic Fury Sparks theme. Anyways, game is just as fun as the first one, and the gameplay is much quicker since they decided to remove the defense system. Still disappointed by the fact that solo units are relegated to just assist characters as there was potential for some interesting movesets, but oh well. Though I'm familiar and have played most of the games that were included here, the really small roster still bugs me a bit. On the other hand, I like what they decided include in this game (Vyse from Skies of Arcadia would have been perfect in this game!) Kite and BlackRose are probably my favorite pair to use so far; the arranged version of Stairs of Time sounds beautiful.

Anyone know what chapter X/Zero show up?
Chapter 20~ Which is where I'm at right now. ^^

I really like the Kite and BlackRose pairing too; as well as the Erica and Gemini and Kurt and Riela pairing. Well, I like the stories behind them, anyway~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old June 30th, 2013, 05:21 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

I like Kite and Black Rose being in it, but I'm really sad that they didn't add Haseo and Atoli (or someone from GU). Not that I blame 'em, the original is more well known, and I'm glad that they added them, at the very least.

I'm glad to see that this game is so long, though. I really feel like I got my money's worth outta this.
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:01 PM
SpitfireYoshi

:3 Anyone on the Second Clear yet?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links