The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:09 AM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet

Did you catch the colossal Regigigas found in Snowpoint temple? Was it worth it? Did you use it, or did you throw it in the PC to rot like most of your legendary Pokemon? Discuss!

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:11 AM
Nonon
subterranean emotion

Nature: Jolly
Well, I sadly didn't have a copy of Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald to use, so what did I do?

Ask a really kind friend of mine to lend me his copy and Pokemon. He gave me the 3 Regis (along with a Rayquaza), and let me capture Regigigas (first I had to conquer Ice Path v2.0)...sadly, that darned Slow Start stopped me from using Regigigas, if it didn't have that ability, it would have easily been my 2nd strongest Pokemon in my team.
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:26 AM
Passenger

Nature: Calm
I didn't even bother looking for him. I don't like 4th Gen Legends that much, and I only aim for favorites in this game.
Old May 31st, 2013, 05:41 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin

Yeah, I've caught him when I've had the opportunity so...twice. Once in Diamond when I happened to have the Regis from Emerald, and once in Platinum because I got the event Regigigas off a kind soul on this site.
But yeah, he gets left to rot. I'm kinda tempted to use the level 1 one as a "Starter" or something in Diamond next time through, but I don't like using pokémon outside of my regional pokédex pre-E4 because I'm ocd like that :/
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:26 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I still cannot be bothered catching it even though I can catch it. Maybe I will catch it one day.
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:29 AM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
If I remember correctly, I rented the Regis from another member on PC via wi-fi to get Regigigas, but then I didn't use him.

To be fair it made sense at the time because he & Arceus were the only D/P/Pt legendaries I didn't have so it was a step towards completing that checklist. I never got Arceus though so that was a bit pointless I guess.

If I played through the games again I wouldn't bother, I dislike all the Regis really though Regigigas is much nicer than the others.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 31st, 2013, 07:18 AM
PervertedPikachu
Drink my tears, or something

I caught him on my first playthrough of Pearl. Don't remember how since this was in 2008. What I do remeber is I never raised the blasted thing a single level, after the amount of balls it took to catch. Regigigas wasn't in my opinion as cool as the trio in terms of sprites, puzzle design and Slow Start A shame really, he could have been epic...
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:11 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I caught him in 4th and 5th gen. It sucks that slow start ability. YOu would likely need to pair him with someone who can use Skill Swap or something
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Pinsir2735
The Sublime

Nature: Bold
I caught him, raised him to about level 80 and got bored. He sucks at fighting even if he's a legendary.
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:41 PM
Hikamaru
ヒ カ マ ル

Nature: Quirky
I didn't even catch him, but if I did I probably wouldn't have used him cos I hate his ability.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old May 31st, 2013, 10:34 PM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

I only managed to catch two of the other Regis on my Sapphire, so even if I had transferred them over, I still wouldn't have been able to catch Regigigas anyway. Plus, it was very low on my priority list, since I wasn't really trying to complete the Pokedex on my Platinum.

Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:23 PM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

Yeah, I got the event one with pressure which pwned everything with crush grip. I caught the level 1 too but never did anything. Though Haydunn used a regigigas which had slow start which still saved him from a wi-fi battle.
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
I caught it, but I didn't use it because it was so ugly and has a horrid ability :(

Old June 25th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Pikayosh
Epic Pikachu

Nature: Gentle
I caught him and used him slow start I didn't mind much because of his tank mode.lol

PM me if you want to Join the team!
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Elaitenstile
Sea turtles, mate.

Uh, I never had the chance to insert my Ruby on a DS to shift in Regigigigigigigigigi... Oh no, gas!
Well, yes, I hate the fact with this neverending loop of Regigigas for Regis and Regis for 'gigas.
If I had the chance, I'd slot n rot him in the PC as per my no-legendaries rule.

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Savvy?
#johnnydeppjacksparrow
Previously known as ★Hoenn★

Old June 26th, 2013, 04:48 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious.
"Did you bother to catch Regigigas?"
Never have, most likely never will.
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
My friend loaned me his regi's; I caught regigigas simply as a PC trophy, for completion.
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
My friend loaned me his regi's; I caught regigigas simply as a PC trophy, for completion.
That's pretty much how it went with me too haha. I used my regi's from Sapphire and caught Regigigas as a dex filler/trophy, but I never intend to use him. I don't like using legendary Pokémon full stop, but having such a hindering ability and uninteresting set of moves makes Regigigas a very unappealing choice to me. It's a shame, I adore the original trio but their 'boss' is a big let down.
Old July 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
SuperEspeon
The Gary Oak of 4th Gen

First of all, it's insanely hard to get, with all those GBA games, two of which I didn't have, already making me wary. But with slow start, who the hell would use it? Plus it's at Level 1 so I wouldn't even bother.

Old July 16th, 2013, 01:45 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Nope, didn't bother to go for Regigigas at all, actually, because I didn't feel like transferring the 3 Regis from Sapphire or Emerald.

Old July 16th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Wobbu
Wobbuffet tho

Why not catch Regigigas? Yeah it has its Slow Start ability, but it could be worse... *cough*Traunt*cough* I used to think Regigigas was the coolest thing way back when.
I plan on catching one in my current game in Diamond, as soon as I get the Regis in Emerald and transfer them. I need it for my B2 Pokédex.
Old July 16th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
I did in fact catch him, but for the Pokedex, nothing more. I did use him from time to time in later days, but never really. I would say Slow Start stopped me from using him, but the thing is, nothing did. I went through all that work, for another Pokedex entry.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Location: Above Singapore, below Thailand. Hm, you don't know where that is?
Nature: Modest
I've never ever caught Regigigas. It was always so damn difficult to obtain as it involves getting all three Regis in one game. Plus, I didn't have WiFi connection for my DS/emulator and an Emerald cartridge to even begin with, so capturing it is near impossible for me. All I could ever do was interact with its statue form in Snowpoint City.
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Daixtey
That One Totodile

Send a message via Skype™ to Daixtey
I catched him but then never used him because he didnt made my team any better and also his ability is for a Slow paced fighting style and I like to battle fast.
Old July 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I caught it! The thing never saw the light of day after that, though. xD;

pair | family | irl pair | lovelies
club 1 club 2 club 3 club 4
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links