Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga
Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Just watched episode 6. Where does the time go as I am watching this?! :O

Spoiler:
Really nice backstory on Mikasa. I feel sorry for her. I loved seeing Eren give her the scarf. :3 Really highlights their bond... and I can't wait for next week. She still doesn't know what has happened to him. I'm very satisfied with the adaptation, as I've read this chapter already. I didn't read beyond like, chapter 15 though.
It is and the KILLING is just too much. T_T

The sparks around mikasa when she was about to stab the man reminded me of DBZ. I was thinking like OMG mikasa's gonna turn into a Super Saiyan. :3

Also Ymir's voice in the anime is umm... WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I always thought his voice will be more deeper or like a male. :3 Since I don't see Ymir as a girl at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
AAAAHHHHH thank you so much for saying so. I'm definitely going to hop on that once I finish making dinner.
Yeah there are some weird things going on with that chap. :3

Last edited by Shadowraze; May 12th, 2013 at 03:19 AM.
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
That said, due to all the things being kept a secret, the wait for a new chapter becomes excruciatingly painful. ;____; I JUST finished reading the manga upto the point it's available on the internet and I'm just longing for another chapter. Pretty darn sure it's a monthly manga looking at the chapter size. Anybody knows for certain if it's monthly? Or is it like one of those mangas where a chapter comes out in six months or a year? (berserk, anyone?)
As the others mentioned, it's monthly released =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
Also, I don't want this to be a 25 episode anime. :< It probably won't have a good ending. But hey, always up for it if it's gonna have more than one season. :p
Well... classic middle long ongoing.
They won't prolong this for longer time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
It is and the KILLING is just too much. T_T
Spoiler:
You don't like 9 years olds killings adults? :D
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I was so excited to see what happened to Eren this episode. I mean I loved it anyway because Mikasa's history really made me wonder, but now it's another week of arguing with my bf over whether or not Eren is going to die.

Dude it was the fifth episode and he's the main character. He's not dead.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I tried out the anime because everyone on the server was talking about it and I wanted to take a break from the other anime I was watching. I thought it was really interesting and I like it a lot because it's so different... but the Titans are really kinda freaky tbh. also the voice actor for eren also voices alibaba in magi

I already spoiled myself and I know what happens with Eren and such I always do this to myself >.>
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
I tried out the anime because everyone on the server was talking about it and I wanted to take a break from the other anime I was watching. I thought it was really interesting and I like it a lot because it's so different... but the Titans are really kinda freaky tbh. also the voice actor for eren also voices alibaba in magi

I already spoiled myself and I know what happens with Eren and such I always do this to myself >.>
Me and blade are making everyone watch it! :3

And why did you spoiled yourself? T_T You won't enjoy watching if you did. :/

Anyways the live adaptation of SNK is about to be ready. In 5 years

I found a fan art of it and it looks incredibly awesome! :D

Spoiler:
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:23 PM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
Me and blade are making everyone watch it! :3

And why did you spoiled yourself? T_T You won't enjoy watching if you did. :/

Anyways the live adaptation of SNK is about to be ready. In 5 years

I found a fan art of it and it looks incredibly awesome! :D

Spoiler:
Thats looks so awesome! :D On the sidenote I have the same problem as Lapras. I am easily spoilered (by myself or others) Or even worse I always know what is going to happen..so nothing should come as a suprise. On the positive side even if I would read a spoiler Im able to forget it and still watch the show. :D

Old May 18th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Episode 7 is out in all its wonderfulness. :D

Spoiler:
I really felt for Mikasa when the light left her eyes. :(

All of the background music was amazing in this episode. My favorite one would be the track that played after Mikasa's questionable pep-talk speech, aha.

The rogue titan is here, the manifestation of mankind's anger~

All of that howling... Epic fighting!

The light returned to her eyes, and even the color in general became more vibrant. ^.^
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Episode 7

Spoiler:
Isayama Hajime what the **** are you really? :D

This episode is one of the best out there the animation is awesome! Mikasa IS JUST BEAUTIFUL! :3

And yeah Sasha appeared in the ep as well along with the rogue titan. :D
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Oh forgot the ep 7 spoiler review of the show.

Spoiler:
OK so ep 7 was probably the best ep i have currently ever seen. W-Wow that was sooo cool. The rogue titan (thats what im going to call the titan who helps the humans) Its...you'll see and Mikasa was awesome in this ep. Awesome and pretty :'D omg she battled so hard

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye

Last edited by Lilith; May 25th, 2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: changed your asterisks into rogue titan for clarity
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Magic

Awesome anime! Really enjoying the animation and the music in particular.

Spoiler:
The rogue titan moment, stepping over Mikasa, was epic.

Can you guys be a bit more careful with the spoilers? :/ Some of you are spilling manga-knowledge into your anime reviews. Such as:

Spoiler:
'Eren-titan'
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Nature: Gentle
I liked the series when I picked it up. Reminds me of a Zombie flick of sorts. Although I'm afraid of peoples reaction as the series progresses.
Elmairy Leaf
Class: Leaf Knight
LV. Moderator

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Old May 25th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Ok I just watched episode 8 of SNK! :D

Spoiler:
OMG Eren is back! Oh yeah Eren Titan woooooooooooohooooooooooo! The background music when they found eren was just amazing and Armin's plan was just incredible!

Can't wait for ep.9!
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Episode 8 holy bananas

Spoiler:
I was so glued to watching the moment where they decided to fire their weapons at the 7 titans! Very intense moment!

OMG! Mikasa rushing to Eren really made me cry. ;.;

Eren<3
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Sanguine
À la prochaine!
Community Supporter

This episode really made me love Armin, with his actions in the beginning and his plan <3

Mikasa, why do you always give me feels, you amazing heroine.
ex-moderator on le battle server

[02:57] -Dark Azelf: u liek teh bottix
[19:45] -Dark Azelf: she is evil and cute kinda like satan except in a bunny forme

[00:57] -Kanzler: stupid guys make me homo
[23:11] +PervertedPika: Yeah, I have had bad things happen when my family was home and I was having Marky time in my room ;.;
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

This looks really cool. I think I'll check it out.
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I need to get caught up, I'm six episodes behind, aaa. Thanks for spoilering things, guys! xD

do you know what hurts most about a broken heart?
not being able to remember how you felt before...
try and keep that feeling because... if it goes...
you'll never get it back. ever.
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
So I watched the first 2 eps, I got literally got goosebumps throughout, this drama, is just too intense for me.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old June 1st, 2013, 02:42 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Episode 9, stellar episode yet again. I'm never going to get tired of this series. I really hope you stragglers catch up! <3

Spoiler:
Levi is amazing. Loved the soundtrack and how he obsessed over cleanly cutting the titans. I also liked how Levi thought the blood was filthy on his hands after fighting, but it didn't stop him from helping his comrade depart peacefully into the afterlife.

Eren inside the titan... Very frightening and hellish scene. A survivor inside the titan's belly called out to her mom, bringing up Eren's memories. :(

STOMPING, YAY

Oh Eren. :(

OH MIKASA ;;

OH JEEZ
Old June 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Episode 9

Spoiler:
Even though I already know everything up to date in SNK this ep was still too awesome! Rivaille coming in and killing those Titans wooohooo! I don't know why he's called Levi though. :/ The animation of the transformation iss awesome and the art is just woah. xD

Last edited by Shadowraze; June 2nd, 2013 at 03:29 AM.
Old June 1st, 2013, 11:07 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Oh plz no "Levi"... :/ It totally degrades Rivaille to some weird moe dude o.O
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 2nd, 2013, 12:10 AM
Yukari Yakumo
scary luma mother
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
Well, I just recently started watching SNK, and so far I'm loving it. I don't really know what to say, but..yeah.

Well, I'm currently on Episode 7, and I'll either try and slip in an episode before bed, or watch until the current ep tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for recommending this btw.
Enter Episode 8:
Spoiler:
Just watched Ep 8, and this has to be my favourite. Armin proves himself to be a great tactician, having a plan that went quite smoothly, despite needing backup at the end. Nice to see Eren's back and stuff n_n, but now the question arises: How did he become a Titan?
Rosalina
vm | pm
fc | fs
pairs
family
credit
theme

Last edited by Yukari Yakumo; June 10th, 2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old June 6th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Pokedra
Retired

Spoiler:
Rivaille/Levi is just the most badass soldier ever, casually walking out to those Titans.

Dat cliffhanger as well.
Competitive Battle Records
BW2 UU Smogon Leaderboard #1
DPPt OU Smogon Leaderboard #6
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Doesn't one pronounce Revaille as Revi or Levi...?

Where did you traitors go? :P

Cliffhanger brought his friends over, yo.

Episode 10:
Spoiler:
Compared to the rest of the season, this episode was rather calm. XD; No blood splattering that I can remember, anyways. Armin really shined here and set up the events for the next one...

Episode 11:
Spoiler:
This episode moved so slowly, though I do appreciate many of the tidbits. I really just wanted Eren to move that boulder by now. Hmph.

There was a time before titans, where humans would be at war with each other instead. The introduction of a new, monstrous threat got humans to unite and barricade themselves in those walls... Humans still aren't completely united. Many of the soldiers were freaking out, even that one commander guy wanted to kill them on the spot. Pixis brilliantly turned things around. I do wonder if Titans were all along created by mankind.

Oh, that was some slow running to the boulder... Nice pep talk there to someone who already has a lot on his shoulders, miss Rico. :P

WHY DID EREN!TITAN LOSE CONTROL NOW OF ALL TIMES AND ATTACK MIKASA?!
Old June 15th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Haven't watched the last 3 episodes as I have been watching Elemental gelade and had a lot of work, but me and all of my friends totally love this anime. We chat about this one more than any other that is currently on our watch list. Love the characters, The story ideas and the twists it has. I can't wait to find out more about the titans and so on. Just a great watch for me.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old June 15th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Spoiler:
Oh, that was some slow running to the boulder... Nice pep talk there to someone who already has a lot on his shoulders, miss Rico. :P

WHY DID EREN!TITAN LOSE CONTROL NOW OF ALL TIMES AND ATTACK MIKASA?!
Spoiler:
I couldn't believe how slow they were running, lmfao. Anyway, yeah, I jumped out of my seat when he attacked Mikasa. Obviously she'll be alright, but what the hell happened? Was it just a lack of titans to attack that caused him to attack the nearest thing, or...? I'm worried that he won't be able to control his titan form in the most dire of instances, especially right now. aaa ;_;

do you know what hurts most about a broken heart?
not being able to remember how you felt before...
try and keep that feeling because... if it goes...
you'll never get it back. ever.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here