The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2013, 07:22 AM
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
"The Pokémon Harbor Patrol"
Airdate: 1 June 2013 [USA]

Synopsis

Ash, Cilan, Iris, and N end up back in Virbank City. They notice a fire and rush to assist, but it turns out to be a practice for a rescue team called the Pokémon Harbor Patrol. Later, a fire breaks out at a local industrial complex and the Patrol must stop it with the assistance of Ash and additional obstacle of Team Rocket.

Bleah. This episode was not to my tastes. Filler. Why've we got another rescue team this season? And that dude was not making an effort to understand Watchog. :| Not cool man.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +

Last edited by Anna; June 3rd, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
For a filler, this wasn't terrible. You have your fillers which do nothing for the story and then you have your fillers that allow the characters to be developed. In this case, N was able to grow a little bit more understanding between the relationships of Pokémon and people. By how N acted at the beginning of the episode, he really needed it too. It goes to show that while N has the ability to communicate and understand Pokémon, he still doesn't fully understand them in terms of how they are with people.

My one big nitpick about this episode though? For someone who specializes in fire rescue, I absolutely cannot fathom how the writers thought it would be okay for him to use an ELEVATOR during a fire. That's like one of the first rules of what not to do when in a burning building; always take the stairs.

Also, I don't like how Hydro Pump is being portrayed. This has bothered me for awhile now. It doesn't feel natural when it comes from their hands like that.

Oh, and did anyone else lol at the fact that most of the moves Watchog used were HM moves? Even the writers use it like an HM slave. Poor guy.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I actually forgot about N's little moments of revelation haha. Those were nice to see. And I totally agree with you on Hydro Pump. idk it seems more like magic now than biology.

My main issues with this ep all involved Watchog. It seems kind of neglected and underused and has tons of wasted potential there. The trainer seemed to be focusing on the "put out the fire" part of the team than making use of Watchog's natural abilities, expanding his team's range of skills, and finding more creative solutions to potential problems. And I don't feel like the ending really resolved any of this idk.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old June 3rd, 2013, 01:08 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I think you have to check your post. Why just look at the episode title you mentioned. . Comig back for episode discussion... Episode was an average one I think with a very bizarre plot. So I rate it as 40/100.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:23 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
For a filler, this wasn't terrible. You have your fillers which do nothing for the story and then you have your fillers that allow the characters to be developed. In this case, N was able to grow a little bit more understanding between the relationships of Pokémon and people. By how N acted at the beginning of the episode, he really needed it too. It goes to show that while N has the ability to communicate and understand Pokémon, he still doesn't fully understand them in terms of how they are with people.

My one big nitpick about this episode though? For someone who specializes in fire rescue, I absolutely cannot fathom how the writers thought it would be okay for him to use an ELEVATOR during a fire. That's like one of the first rules of what not to do when in a burning building; always take the stairs.

Also, I don't like how Hydro Pump is being portrayed. This has bothered me for awhile now. It doesn't feel natural when it comes from their hands like that.

Oh, and did anyone else lol at the fact that most of the moves Watchog used were HM moves? Even the writers use it like an HM slave. Poor guy.
I could not agree with you more !

It was a cute episode. N has to learn that Pokemon decide to be with people and they are not forcing them to join them.

I don't like the way Hydro Pump is being portrayed either! They need to change it.

My love for Watchog grow because of this episode! Might use it as my HM slave too lol
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links