Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page [Help] Headset/Headphones?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old May 28th, 2013 (08:18 PM).

I'm looking to buy a pair of good quality gaming headphones right now for my computer. I checked out ebay for a second, but there were so many results for many different kinds of headphones. I was wondering if anyone here knew of a good, not too expensive brand/type of headset. I guess the main things I'm looking for are good sound quality (obviously), good mic so people can here me clearly, and durability. So...yeah. Any suggestions?
Old May 29th, 2013 (09:16 AM).

Astro A40. I suspect there are better headsets that come cheaper, and these might be out of your price range anyway (if so, see the A30 model perhaps), but I've taken to using them and I don't regret my purchase... yet — their long-term durability remains in question. Their construction seems better than in the generic design I usually observe, at least. Best sound quality I've had, but I've never used any other high-end phones. I'm not sure how the mic compares. Still, as the first and most obvious recommendation sent your way, I hope this helps.
Old May 29th, 2013 (09:34 AM).
Carrion
Gold Tier

I heard the A40 is spectacular, but I personally use the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and they've been some of the better 'value' headphones I've ever owned.
Old May 29th, 2013 (11:30 AM).

Thanks for the suggestions. I've looked at them, but so far I haven't found on in my price range, which is $40-$60. I could go a little higher, but I prefer to stay in this range. I guess I should of included in the first post, but oh well.
Old May 29th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
Check out these AudioTechnica headphones that are more than 50% off their stock value (for now), in your price range (again, for now), and have good reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M30-Professional-Closed-back-Headphones/dp/B00007E7C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369859907&sr=8-1&keywords=studio+headphones
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40FS-Professional-Precision-Headphones/dp/B0002D03ZW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1369859907&sr=8-3&keywords=studio+headphones
Old May 29th, 2013 (01:31 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by DeiWildcat:
Thanks for the suggestions. I've looked at them, but so far I haven't found on in my price range, which is $40-$60. I could go a little higher, but I prefer to stay in this range. I guess I should of included in the first post, but oh well.
Well if you live in the US, I recommend this: headphones with this mic.
The headphones will make your ears feel warm after long hours of using them, but still sound amazing.

I used to use that setup and was perfectly content with it, but now I've moved on to the higher range priced stuff(DT880 with a mic from modmic)
Old May 29th, 2013 (08:28 PM).
Courage doesn't always roar.

Nature: Brave
A friend of mine recommended turtle beaches. I don't know how much you're willing to spend but, if you're looking to buy something good and that would last long .. definitely look into the higher quality range.
Old May 29th, 2013 (08:52 PM).

Thanks so much you guys! You've been very helpful. I think I found the pair that I'm going to get. Again thanks a lot for your help
Old May 30th, 2013 (03:50 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Good to see you've decided. May I just chip in, don't get TurtleBeaches if that's what you've chosen, I had P11's that broke after after about 6 months. Definitely not good quality manufacturing. Happy gaming! :D
Old June 2nd, 2013 (07:42 AM).
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
You may find this useful.
http://pastebin.com/JTV1tk70

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)