The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:17 PM
Crashcore
Unhatched Egg

If you had an opportunity to create a pokemon game, [As in work for Nintendo and lead the game's development, etc], how would it be?

Would you change the age requirements to 14+ for any particular reason? Would you make a dark/twisted plot which involves a lot of conspiracy and such?

Would you give the trainer an option to become coordinator, researcher, breeder or trainer? Would you change the roots of the game as a whole?

In essence, how would you change the game
Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:43 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Moved to Pokemon Gaming Central as this is specific to Pokemon games (rather than say Pokemon in general media forms).

I would probably not do the stuff suggested in your post on that note, or leastways in the second line. Pokémon's strength lies in it being played by both kids and older players - no need to limit that to make it 14+ (which seems like an odd specific age to pick on that note...). And I don't have any particular lust for a dark/twisted plot or the such.

I would however want another game featuring the almighty Miror B in it though. =p

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:41 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
One final Pokémon game. It would have all the current regions interconnected for the biggest adventure ever embarked on. With the antagonist (whoever that may be) attempting to do something that would devastate, not just a particular region, but the known Pokémon World.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'd release a new Pokemon spinoff title in a 3D world where you can travel through towns, wilderness, everywhere basically, but still keeping an arena turn based battling system and other mechanics from the main games. You follow the same style of quest to the normal games, gyms, catching wild pokemon
(Unlike Colosseum/XD)

A fully fleshed out, unrestricted universe, like GTA, Skyrim, other sandbox games.I'd still keep the rating G,and have a linear storyline. The art style would be bright and colourful, with a serious cartoon, cell shaded thing rather than attempts at realism. I hope Nintendo console products could run this game... People have been asking for this for a long time, I know. I'd give it to them.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Brendino

Nature: Quiet
I think the biggest thing that I've always wanted to see the Pokemon series adapt is a branching storyline rather than the mostly linear ones we've always been stuck with. Rather than having your end goal always trying to become the Pokemon League Champion, decisions that you make along the way could have you pursue a path to be a master coordinator (competing mainly in contests), a Pokemon researcher (having your main goal be to collect all the Pokemon), etc., rather than just having those as sidequests.

One thing I've always thought as unnecessary, though, would be to have a game that included all of the regions. What I wouldn't mind doing if I had control of game creation, though, might be to bring back a region like Hoenn, but have it set ~20 years after R/S/E, and including lots of new areas (similar to like what happened between B/W and B/W2).

Sponsored Links