The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerserge View Post
If they name the new type "Fairy-type", I will convince myself that I am too old to be playing this game, haha! Not knocking other people, but I personally hate that cutesy stuff, and having a Fairy type would give Gamefreak yet another reason to oversaturate the Pokeverse with Pokemon like that. But I really like playing......gaaaaaaah, what's a guy to do. I love change, but dang, that's just terrifying me.

ANYWAY, what makes people think that there are two new types being introduced, other than the Gen 2 comparisons?
Originally, fairies are not cute. They range in looks and the most common non-disnified fairy story is about creatures that steal misbehaving children to eat. There is more to Fairy than Tinkerbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I heard one of the leakers said that Xerneas would be a Fairy type.....in that case I think Fairy type would be moreso a "magic" or "mystic" type and not strictly pink cutesy creatures.
That leaker (there was more than one if memory serves) admitted to making the info up on 4chan. The one posted in the first page is the only rumor still around that hasn't been debunked or its creator admitting it was fake.
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Originally, fairies are not cute. They range in looks and the most common non-disnified fairy story is about creatures that steal misbehaving children to eat. There is more to Fairy than Tinkerbell.
Of course, and believe me, I love Aesop's fables and the like, but this is Gamefreak we are talking about. But hey, I get it; most of you want a Fairy-type for whatever reason, haha.
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:47 AM
MarinoKadame

I think the original Tooth Fairy story is kind of spooky if I remember.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Nature: Bold
Theory:

New Type
JP Name: Fairy
EN Name: Light

Seems logical to me.

Don't agree? Sorry for spoiling your day.

Coming soon... a new game... after I've finished Pokemon Steel of course.

MONSTERRA
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Very few types change name from Japanese to English and even less completely change meaning. Fairy -> Light is pretty much less than 0% chance of happening. Fairy Breed Group is Fairy Egg Group in Japan. Since Fairy is Fairy, if it became a Type that would carry over to the English titles as Fairy as well.

What ever type we get will most likely be known in Japan and in English by the same thing or if Japanese is different, then the English will translate to the same thing. So what ever Japanese is for Light will be Light if Light appears. Same for Fairy.
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:18 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
That'll be Hikari (that's Japanese for Light). Also Dark is Aku in japanse which is scum,evil,ect. . So if there's a light it maybe Hiro (Hero) or Yoi (good) or any other word that means hero or good.
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:40 PM
™87

From what I've read, rumor has it that the Elite Four will be based on stats rather than type. So their team would consist of Pokemon with high attacking, or high speed, and so on.

What do you guys think? I think it'd be a nice change, a little more strategic. I wish it would be more competitive with a well rounded team with more predicting. They are the Elite Four after all, they should be the toughest challenge in the game, and not just because of level or Pokemon you can't get before you face them.
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:44 PM
MarinoKadame

What I would like is the Elite 4 change their pokemons based on certain actions you do in the game. The first would be your starter, for others we can speculate.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Very few types change name from Japanese to English and even less completely change meaning. Fairy -> Light is pretty much less than 0% chance of happening. Fairy Breed Group is Fairy Egg Group in Japan. Since Fairy is Fairy, if it became a Type that would carry over to the English titles as Fairy as well.

What ever type we get will most likely be known in Japan and in English by the same thing or if Japanese is different, then the English will translate to the same thing. So what ever Japanese is for Light will be Light if Light appears. Same for Fairy.
Xander's right, most types that have different names between the Japanese and English versions usually have the same meaning, although some people didn't easily catch the "Evil" type becoming Dark and they thought it represented actual darkness but the type itself is actually based around tricks and playing dirty, not to mention there are 3 Dark-type Pokemon families based on criminal stereotypes.

Fairy and Light would definitely not have the same meaning as stated above. I mean, like what Xander stated there, the Fairy egg group kept its Japanese name in the English versions so if Fairy was a type, it would probably be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
What I would like is the Elite 4 change their pokemons based on certain actions you do in the game. The first would be your starter, for others we can speculate.
That would seem a bit complex imo, basing teams around stats or certain circumstances might be interesting but it's pretty hard to work out. I always preferred the traditional type specialty since we've had it since the early days of Pokemon.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old May 30th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ™87 View Post
From what I've read, rumor has it that the Elite Four will be based on stats rather than type. So their team would consist of Pokemon with high attacking, or high speed, and so on.

What do you guys think? I think it'd be a nice change, a little more strategic. I wish it would be more competitive with a well rounded team with more predicting. They are the Elite Four after all, they should be the toughest challenge in the game, and not just because of level or Pokemon you can't get before you face them.
That rumor is old, and it was debunked as fake by the person who spread the rumor. That being said, I prefer mono-type teams for Elite 4 members over stat-based teams since it's a tradition. I still wish we have a new set of rumors rather than hearing the same rumors we've heard before.

Last edited by Pinkie-Dawn; May 30th, 2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Community Supporter

I guess the rumor trolls are waiting for the ones yet to be proven to be wrong or correct to make new ones and claim they are the trustworthy ones.

I'm hoping for small rumors next time we have some.
Old May 30th, 2013, 10:18 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
New rumors guys. The e4 will be based on starter pokemon types back in gen 1. Grass, Fire, Water and Electric.
Also, 3 more legendaries are rumored.
1. There will be a legendary based on chinese dragon (prob fire/drgn)
2. A steel/fairy type legendary.
3. A poison/fly legendary.
DISCUSS
Old May 30th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I guess the rumor trolls are waiting for the ones yet to be proven to be wrong or correct to make new ones and claim they are the trustworthy ones.

I'm hoping for small rumors next time we have some.
Isn't there only the one big rumour from pokebeach left though? I thought all the rest were debunked.
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
New rumors guys. The e4 will be based on starter pokemon types back in gen 1. Grass, Fire, Water and Electric.
Also, 3 more legendaries are rumored.
1. There will be a legendary based on chinese dragon (prob fire/drgn)
2. A steel/fairy type legendary.
3. A poison/fly legendary.
DISCUSS
Those have been proven fake.They were along with team Acid and Basic rumor

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 1st, 2013, 03:29 AM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
That'll be Hikari (that's Japanese for Light). Also Dark is Aku in japanse which is scum,evil,ect. . So if there's a light it maybe Hiro (Hero) or Yoi (good) or any other word that means hero or good.
We already have one: the Fighting-type.
Old June 1st, 2013, 02:46 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

New rumor!
There will be a legendary trio this generation: 1 Dark/Psychic, 1 Normal/Psychic and 1 possibly light(fairy)/psychic.
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:21 PM
Community Supporter

If that's true I'm guessing Normal may fill the role of Void here to complete the Dark-Light-Void trio.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 02:47 AM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
New rumor!
There will be a legendary trio this generation: 1 Dark/Psychic, 1 Normal/Psychic and 1 possibly light(fairy)/psychic.
That sounds like that scenario with the angel, demon and the neutral (Normal/Psychic) one in the middle....and they're trying to get them to do good/bad.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:39 AM
iLikki

Genesect can fly?... .-. heh.
And I heard that there's going to be 2 new types.
Fairy types & Light Types.
(Gif made by me)
Old June 2nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Why would there be a Fairy AND a Light type? That makes absolutely no sense, haha. And yeah, Genesect can transform into this flying car thing. And where are you guys getting these rumors from? Hard to be credible with not even a vague source....
Old June 2nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Rumors shouldn't be posted without sources... anyone could say anything.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerserge View Post
Why would there be a Fairy AND a Light type? That makes absolutely no sense, haha. And yeah, Genesect can transform into this flying car thing. And where are you guys getting these rumors from? Hard to be credible with not even a vague source....
Most of these rumors have either been floating around sites like Pokébeach, or they popped up on 4Chan and have been making the rounds since then. Most of them have already been debunked though by the creators of them (like Mr. XY from 4chan for example), so at this point it's just taking things with a grain of salt =P

I don't think there would be both a Fairy AND a Light type. I feel like people have been using them pretty interchangeably as far as the new type comes, as they're mildly similar in regards in what they'd be there to accomplish. So no, I doubt there would be both.
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Raymond_Zesshi
Thunder Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerex View Post
I posted this on the general chat and speculation, then i saw i should post it here so here it is again.

I saw this article on pokebeach today, it is supposed to be the last information from that "insider" guy. it mentioned the following rumors.

*Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/dark

*A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.

*A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

*Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

*Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

*Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

*HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.

*Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

*A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

*Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

*If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

*In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

I personally think the evolution methods are pretty stupid. Holding a DS upside down, so you can evolve it at whatever level you want as long as you hold your DS upside down?
The poison attack seems cool though.

about the Espurr thing, if you watch the anime, The Unlimited - Hyobu Kyousuke, ESPER (same pronunciation is Espurr) means people that has super powers.
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haza View Post
Rumors shouldn't be posted without sources... anyone could say anything.
Truer words couldn't ever be said.

Lately, I've realized that this generation separates itself from the others to have legitimately so many rumours flying out and about, and people believing them with absolutely no concrete evidence to support them whatsoever other than "oh, I guess that sounds believable!". It's honestly something that shouldn't happen, and just because it sounds like it would exist, if it isn't backed up officially by Smash or GF or any other trustworthy source, then it's at least safe to assume that it wouldn't.
Old June 4th, 2013, 11:17 AM
pedrito3_poke
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Truer words couldn't ever be said.

Lately, I've realized that this generation separates itself from the others to have legitimately so many rumours flying out and about, and people believing them with absolutely no concrete evidence to support them whatsoever other than "oh, I guess that sounds believable!". It's honestly something that shouldn't happen, and just because it sounds like it would exist, if it isn't backed up officially by Smash or GF or any other trustworthy source, then it's at least safe to assume that it wouldn't.
You are missing the point of rumours. Rumours are supposed to be nothing but speculations about stuff that could be in the game. And people don't argue about a rumours veracity, they argue about its plausibility, because, from the moment it is proven to be true/false, it stops being a rumour.

Still, Haza is completely right. We can see some people posting here completely random rumours, which are a bit pointless to argue about. If the rumours come from an alleged leaker (even though 99% aren't just people messing around) and seem to be legit at a first analisys, it's more interesting to discuss about them, simply because there is that 1% chance that it is an actual leaker and everything he says is true.

So, guys, if you want to post rumours here, at least try to make them look legit.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here