The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old May 27th, 2013, 07:56 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
From what I have seen it is unlikely I'll be disappointed - also I have changed the OPs formatting everyone. You can thank Red's for the new design which I'll soon apply to the IC also.

Edit: EG has informed me he'll be taking a brief hiatus but I will not be reopening his spot since I know of the circumstances etc...

Novia made it back towards the top at last :D
So far so good!

Last edited by gimmepie; May 27th, 2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:01 PM
lacoste

May I reserve a spot if there is one open?

Thanks.

Spoiler:
Name: Samantha Bold

Appearance:
Samantha is a short girl of small complexion; she has long, straight black hair that reaches her lower back when not tied up, and pale white skin (which her mom attributes to her not spending enough time outside). Her eyes are almond-shaped with long eyelashes and grayish green irises, and she has faint freckles on her nose. She always tries to carry herself with an air of quiet dignity, so she looks very serious and reserved, which tends to discourage people from speaking to her.

Despite the tropical climate of Coriolis Town, Samantha seems to always be carrying around a sweatshirt just in case. She tends to be really sensitive to cold, and she'll wear a sweatshirt even in Coriolis' warm summer nights. Her journeying outfit consists of a pair of Capri pants, some blouses, and of course, her favorite sweatshirt. The sweatshirt is purple color, and has a shadowy design of a Gengar on the back. On the front, it has the logo of the Saffron City Gengar, a rugby team, which just came up to first division.
Personality:
If you asked anyone who knew Samantha Bold what they thought of her, chances are they would refer to her as a shy girl first and foremost. Any stranger could go ahead and guess that she wants to be a Pokémon trainer, like virtually any other kid around, and her closer friends might mention that she has an almost unhealthy obsession of Clyde Wünderbar (a Saffron City Gengar player). But not many would be able to tell you about the things that affect her most.

Samantha, or Sam, as she prefers to be called, is a very quiet and reserved person. She is cute, well spoken and well mannered, and she has a propensity for making adults who meet her go "awww"; unfortunately, she is cursed. Samantha suffers from very severe insomnia, and although sometimes she is able to sleep very well indeed, some other times, not even her medications can put her out. The hours of quiet unrest, the toll on her mind to try and sleep, the creaking noises in the night all scare Sam, she hates darkness and the night…
History:
Sam's father was a famous rugby player in his youth, and he managed to amass enough money to afford himself a nice retirement in the idyllic Coriolis Town. As a teenager, he began playing for a small, second division team in Saffron City (his hometown) called the Gengar, and later moved to the Nimbasa City Joltik, winning several Unovan Championships. However, he has passed on the love for the purple-and-black to his daughter, who he always watches rugby with.

Throughout her life, Sam has always been provided for, and she's never had to watch out or fend for herself. She went to school, sat down and learned, was told about the world but never experienced it, and now she thinks she has obtained the experience that it take to become a Pokémon Master. Therefore, it seems easy for her to embark on a Pokémon journey, and although her father may not appreciate this, he has no choice in the matter now that Samantha is fourteen. But she's about to learn how much more dangerous it can be to dwell in the world of Pokémon rather than the world of books.
Chosen Starter: Litwick
Litwick (unnamed as of yet) is an overly protective Pokémon. He welcomes the responsibility of safeguarding Samantha's sleep, but he also understands that there's something about her insomnia that is not… natural.

Last edited by lacoste; May 27th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Chalifoux
:: Like FROO-OO-OO-OOT ::
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Lots of happy, shiny people! :D

I will soon achieve somewhat-not-so-mediocre progress within my SU, huzzah! :D

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita
:: life could not be much sweeter ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old May 28th, 2013, 06:13 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Well hello there new person :D

Lacoste you are accepted, I would have liked a tiny bit more detail personally but you have an interesting character there that has really lured me in to accepting :D
I'll have you written into the OP soon. Welcome to Novia xD

Elite I'm looking forward to your characters completion

Annyyywaaayyy

Update

Alex Raiyns' capture was a success. Alex's new magikarp knows the moves splash, tackle and flail and it has the hidden ability Rattled.
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
There is no one else on Route 1 now, is there? ^^ It would be fun to battle against someone else.

But I guess not, so I'll just expand my last IC post later with a NPC battle.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old May 30th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
With gimme literally kicking everyone out except for me and EG I think everyone is somewhere in Coriolis Forest haha

I like how arrogant/inobedient Riolu is. It's a nice change from the norm.
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:25 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

You make me sound like such a brutal GM *sweatdrop
I feel the need to clarify they had all been inactive for far too long.

Right now everyone except you is in the forest, although Lacoste may end up playing from the beginning. Also, I'd like everyone to assume this IC day will end when Red's character reaches Dew Town. Since we all had that last approximately one day it will work out well as Red's will only be one day behind everyone when she hits the forest.
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Inactive players is the bane of RPs :( if people don't post, they don't deserve to be listed as players. That's my harsh view on it. Gimmepie is doing excellent.

Or we could just pretend that I'm posting in the past atm? How many days have passed for you guys? I was thinking reaching the next town by the end of the day, yeah.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old May 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

I'm in the end of day two if that helps.
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:44 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I'm nearing the end of day two, so it will actually work out quite well. Then when Lacoste starts posting they will probably post from wherever we're up to which will keep us all relatively close to the same place.
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Polymus1

My First RP (Well if I'm accepted)
Spoiler:
Name: Steel Senpai

Appearance:
Steel is 5"4 and tanned in complexion and has silver hair, with a low fringe covering one eye, dark eyes.
He rarely smiles, but when he does he wears a small smile, barely a half-smile.
He always looks like he can see right through you, girls would go crazy for him at home, but he would never take notice.

He always wears demin jeans, held up with a plain leather belt that has six clips for pokeballs, and a small pocket for money.
He always wears his plain white t-shirt, over his shirt he wears a plain, black, leather jacket with no logo's or imprints on it.
He also always wears his leather cow boy boots, he also carries a black backpack with a book on medical herbs and berries.

Personality: Steel is calm and calculated who views his journey as a way of making friends, as well as a way to traverse the region.
He dosn't know much about pokemon but he is willing to make new friends.
He tends to think quickly, if he knows what has to be done he will do it ASAP.
He isn't really flirtatious type.

History:
Steel was born in the Kanto Region, Safron City to be exact, he then moved to the Novia Region on his fifteenth birthday, he moved to Coriolis Town
where he lived until he thought that going on a journey would be a good idea.
Steel has always prefered to be in the heat of the action instead of on the sidelines, his father is a powerful trainer from Unova while his mother is from Kanto.
Steel used to despise his dad for leaving him with his mother at the age of six, but after learning about his father who came back to them, Steel forgave him, now
Steel wants to become stronger and beat his father in a pokemon battle.

Chosen Starter: Aurora (Vanilite) (Female) (Ice Body) - Ice Shard, Harden, Mist, Water Pulse

Personality: Aurora is sassy and easy to anger but calm most of the time. S
he despises fighting and fire types and refuses to fight along side their kind, but other than that she is a loyal friend and a hard worker
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:59 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Okay since your new I'm going to be fairly thorough to help you improve.

Layout - Try to write proper paragraphs instead of writing sentences below each other in a list format. You may think it makes it look longer but it doesn't really help at all.

Appearance - You have the general Gist of this one but you need to a little more detail (try reading mine from the first page or Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers' from the page before this).

Personality - You have got some good personality traits there but you need to put them together and be a little bit more detailed to really create a unique and interesting character. Use those traits and build his personality around them rather than just listing them.

History - Think of Who, What, When, Where, Why and How. Explain events further including how your character felt and how it affected him.

Pokemon - No complaints here.
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Ozymandias
we're just two lost souls
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Hi! A quick question. Is there any more open spots for this RP and if so what are the available starters?
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Hi! I think there are spots open but you'll have to wait for gimmepie's verdict on the matter. It would be fun to have you with us!

I've gotta make a post later today, haha.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old June 4th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

ChilliDawgs, I'm pretty much certain there are spots here since jt seems like here's only three of us actually posting right now (I know EG is havig a break so that makes four spots filled) so I would start planning your SU if I was you! haha

Did you get here from the RP Discussion thread?
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:01 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Hi Chili!

There is plenty of room in this RP and the list of available starters is in the OP (original post) on the first page.
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Ozymandias
Community Supporter

[QUOTE=Did you get here from the RP Discussion thread?[/QUOTE]

Haha i did! I'm looking for another RP to do and since this one was suggested and it looks like fun im pretty interested in joining. And are the starters that are crossed out taken?
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:51 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

The starters with either "reserved" or "taken" in italics next to them are not available but the others are.
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Ozymandias
Community Supporter

Okieee Dokiee i shall go get some ideas. I already finished all the lawns for today so i'll have aloot of time to think :D Can I reserve Eevee?!
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:20 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

everyone loves eevee xD
you certainly can but I must remind you I'll only hold a reservation for three days to be fair to any other RPers interested in Novia
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Ozymandias
Community Supporter

:D It's done! Is that enough or should I put in extra?

Name: Dexter (Dex) Carlton

Appearance:
Dexter looks like a mix between a caucasian and a pacific islander. He has kinda that “surfer” vibe to him and he looks the part. Dex has tanned skin but, his hair contrasts that by being a sandy blonde color. Dexter’s eyes are a deep blue color with flakes of green in them. He has a wide smile that is almost always on his face. His hair reaches to about the middle of his neck and is just a moppy hair cut with no particular style, it could be described as shaggy and tends to look really wavy. He stands at about 5’11 and has a big muscular build weighing in at about 180 lbs.

Dex is known for his tendency to always wear board shorts even in the coldest months of the year. He usually wears a button down short sleeve shirt unbuttoned, and wears a light blue t-shirt under that. Another trademark of Dexter is that he always carries a brown ukulele around which was given to him by his father.

Personality:
Dex is one of those people that always seems relaxed and laid-back. He’s one of the most positive people you could meet and he can always make a situation go from down to cheery in no time. He treats everyone kindly and especially his pokemon which he deems his best friends. Dexter is quite the ladies man and is one heck of a flirtatious guy. He has a very playful nature and treats complete strangers like they’ve been best friends which annoys some but, appeases others. But in reality all that is just a mask, Dexter’s father left his family when he was younger and although they had a good relationship, his mother blamed him for it and he soon blamed himself for it. Under all the charisma is a lonely kid wishing for his father to come back home.

History:
Dexter grew up in the Unova Region and was specifically raised in Undella Town. There he lived happily with a mother who was a pokemon breeder and father who was a singer that would often go out to surf. As a small child Dex was an extremely quiet and shy kid and would often never come out of his room. His father would often come into his room and sing to him to try and connect. Dexter soon opened up with his father and they became extremely close. They would bond over music, his dad would take him surfing, and they would do many activities together. The thing was that Dex’s mother was a sadistic and cruel woman and whenever Dex’s father was gone out either surfing or performing she would beat Dex and berate him.

One day his father and his mother got into a heated argument and Dexter’s dad decided to leave the family. Without notice to Dexter, he grabbed all his belongings and left all signs that he had lived in that home except for three things. A surfboard, a ukulele, and a note that said I love you son. Remember all that I taught you and always keep a smile upon your face. Dex became distraught and his mother would beat him every day. She would scream at him and tell him it was his fault for being such a bad son that his father would leave. Dexter would escape from the hell around him by running away for times to surf and to just drift off while playing his father’s little instrument. Eventually Dex gave in and started believing the words that his mother would always say to him.

On his 13th birthday Dex had enough and he left his former home. He had no idea where he would go or what he would do but he heard that there was a new nation called the Novia Region. He wanted a new start where he could meet new people and settle down. Dex decided on going to this new region and starting a new life where he would be like his father, a charming and cheerful man. All he had was a ukulele and a surfboard but, he somehow made it to Castelia City. He would often make friends on the way and they would protect him from the wild pokemon and give him food. Dex didn’t have to beg once on his journey. Eventually in 3 years Dexter made his way to Coriolis Town where he bought a home. The beachy area made for a perfect area for him to relax and surf. Dex became well known in the town and he was one of the most well-liked people in the area. His ability to woo girls and make friends made him an instant hit. Eventually Dexter became bored with the life that he lived, he had heard from friends that the pokemon professor was enlisting people to go on a journey with a pokemon she gave them. Dexter soon became interested and that is where the adventure begins...

Chosen Starter:
Rob (Pawniard, Inner Focus - Scratch, Leer, Metal Claw, Iron Defence)
Rob is a male Pawniard that is very rebillous to his trainer and any other type of authority over him. He likes to play fight often and likes to sleep to the sound of Dex playing his ukalele.

Any other info:
Dexter likes to play the ukulele and sing. Since he got beat by his mother he started to develop a tendency to never be able to let anyone close to him.

Last edited by Ozymandias; June 11th, 2013 at 05:40 AM.
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:18 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

You could be a little more descriptive in his appearance, perhaps describe his eyes and hair style a little bit. Point out any unique/defining physical traits. Once that's fixed up I'll accept you (is this the same character as the one you use in PTA?)
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Ozymandias
Community Supporter

Haha nopeee they're different and i'll try to fix that soon
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

That should be okay, welcome to Novia xD

Now there's the matter of where you'll start from... I'd recommend either starting from the end of day 1 in the forest (Chapter 3) or your arrival in Dew Town (getting late, chapter 2).

The former will put you in the same spot as Scyke, EG (who is on hiatus) and myself.
The latter will put you with Red's which is good because you two will be able to interact and fulfil the requirement in Chapter 2 :D
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Start in Chapter 2! :D At least I think that would be nice. :] But you do as you wish of course.

Or wait, what actually happens in chapter 2 apart from interaction with another trainer? Maybe it's best if both me and ChiliDawgs just skip ahead to where you guys are now?

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links