The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
I'm pretty sure you need to compare LASTRESULT 0x5 first.
What do you mean? Also KarateKid serious question..... Are you Albert Einstein?? Lol seriously dude not a question goes unasked without you giving the correct answer to it. Much love and respect to you dude.
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)

Nature: Quiet
#include stditems.rbh

'---------------
#org 0x800200
checkitem ITEM_RARECANDY 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x1 goto 0x880020D
end

'---------------
#org 0x80020D
lock
end

Do this, It should work if your level script is correct.
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
What do you mean? Also KarateKid serious question..... Are you Albert Einstein?? Lol seriously dude not a question goes unasked without you giving the correct answer to it. Much love and respect to you dude.
Gogojjtech beat me to the answer of your first question.

Unfortunately, I am not Albert Einstein, but I do learn quickly and I really enjoy rom hacking and I like to share what I have learned with others, which is why I answer questions so much. There are many more hackers around that are much better than me, but have chosen not to help out as much. No disrespect meant to them, it just isn't their thing. I tend to enjoy helping people out, but most don't which is why they don't frequent these threads, and that is their personal feelings and choices which I respect also.

Paired with Simba
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

Zem here, back with yet ANOTHER problem. Can anybody take a guess as to why my msgboxes and signposts look like this now (see attached image).

I don't think I did anything too drastic to the ROM, but this appears to have only happened since I patched with diegoisawesome's Force Male Gender patch.

Thanks again guys.
Attached Images
File Type: png WhyMe.png‎ (70.0 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM
GoGoJJTech

You need to repoint msgboxes that don't work.
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
You need to repoint msgboxes that don't work.
Do you mean like just make a new "@[something]" in the script? I'll give it a shot.
*edit* It worked perfectly, thanks gogojjtech!

Last edited by Zemekis; June 5th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:39 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Hiya guys!

Umm... When I re position the battle textboxes (the one showing HP, EXP, name, lvl etc.), do I have to hack the Video RAM too? I wanted to move it so (I could make sideview battles. I hate making backsprites.). If so, how? If not, how will I do it?

Sorry for the question that is a bit pointless for others!

Oh and what's this about #includestditems.rbh?

What does it do? Why is it needed?
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post

I'm interested too, i'd like to know where I can find the other include commands for XSE. I remember them being super useful when I'm writing in C++. I didn't even think to add in libraries in XSE. I'd be grateful for more info on this as well.
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
I'm interested too, i'd like to know where I can find the other include commands for XSE. I remember them being super useful when I'm writing in C++. I didn't even think to add in libraries in XSE. I'd be grateful for more info on this as well.
#includestditems.rbh allows you to substitute actual items names in place of hex values in XSE. In order to use it you will need the actual stditems.rbh file that comes bundled with most XSE downloads (If you don't have it you can download it here).

For example, in the line 'giveitem 0x15E 0x1 0x1', instead of typing '0x15E' I could type 'ITEM_POKEFLUTE' and XSE will be able to compile the script. This makes it easier for people who find it hard to work with numbers rather than names, or if they just don't know the hex value for a Pokemon, item, move etc.
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:26 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
#includestditems.rbh allows you to substitute actual items names in place of hex values in XSE. In order to use it you will need the actual stditems.rbh file that comes bundled with most XSE downloads (If you don't have it you can download it here).

For example, in the line 'giveitem 0x15E 0x1 0x1', instead of typing '0x15E' I could type 'ITEM_POKEFLUTE' and XSE will be able to compile the script. This makes it easier for people who find it hard to work with numbers rather than names, or if they just don't know the hex value for a Pokemon, item, move etc.
Oh so that's what it was about. Hey I can edit that right? So in the stditems.rbh it says ITEM_POKEFLUTE I can edit it to make it say just POKEFLUTE so when I type i in XSE I just type POKEFLUTE? (If I don't make sense, please let me know.)
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up!
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:17 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Oh so that's what it was about. Hey I can edit that right? So in the stditems.rbh it says ITEM_POKEFLUTE I can edit it to make it say just POKEFLUTE so when I type i in XSE I just type POKEFLUTE? (If I don't make sense, please let me know.)
Yup, you can do that. Just be careful to not make the same as other commands or they might get mixed up. That's why they're initially written as 'ITEM_POKEFLUTE' because you're never going to use that exact same line anywhere else in your scripts.
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:26 PM
robin22gongon

I have another question also related to this:

Quote:
Hiya guys!

Umm... When I re position the battle textboxes (the one showing HP, EXP, name, lvl etc.), do I have to hack the Video RAM too? I wanted to move it so (I could make sideview battles. I hate making backsprites.). If so, how? If not, how will I do it?

Sorry for the question that is a bit pointless for others!
Where's the Battle Textbox raw?
Old June 6th, 2013, 02:16 AM
GoGoJJTech

Most likely next to the battle textboxes in unlz. Or the pointer after the pointer to the textbox is the raw.
Old June 6th, 2013, 03:32 AM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
Most likely next to the battle textboxes in unlz. Or the pointer after the pointer to the textbox is the raw.
Well, in unLZ there was none. (Unless it was Deep-Scan.) I don't know about this Pointer after the Pointer thing though.

Oh. And is there anything else I can use to export tilemaps.raw from a ROM except unLZ?

Last edited by robin22gongon; June 6th, 2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old June 6th, 2013, 04:51 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Well, in unLZ there was none. (Unless it was Deep-Scan.) I don't know about this Pointer after the Pointer thing though.

Oh. And is there anything else I can use to export tilemaps.raw from a ROM except unLZ?
GBA Graphics editor. It can be better as it allows you to search by offset instead of Lz number.

Paired with Simba
Old June 6th, 2013, 05:47 AM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
GBA Graphics editor. It can be better as it allows you to search by offset instead of Lz number.
Thanks bro.

BTW guys, can someone link me to "A-Map 1.92 Hacked"? I found it in Petalburg Woods Forums. It says that it can support Jambo51's Map Name Extension Hack. I can't download it there because it's in a package. Link's dead too.
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:06 AM
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
If checkitemamount won't compile, then that is because the name has been changed. Hit F1 in XSE and you will see a command database pop up. Now, scroll through the commands until you get to the command with the number "0x46". This is the command for checkitemamount. See what it's new name is and change your script accordingly.
Are you sure it's not 0x47? 0x46 is checkitemroom but 0x47 is checkitem.
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:13 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Are you sure it's not 0x47? 0x46 is checkitemroom but 0x47 is checkitem.
Try both. On PokeScript, 0x46 wasn't checkitemroom, it was checkitemamount, so I don't know what to think.

Paired with Simba
Old June 6th, 2013, 09:10 AM
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Try both. On PokeScript, 0x46 wasn't checkitemroom, it was checkitemamount, so I don't know what to think.
#include stditems.rbh

'---------------
#org 0x800200
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x5 goto 0x880020D
end

'---------------
#org 0x80020D
lock
end

Tried checkitem, checkitemamount, and checkitemroom. Nothing. Lol if it helps I'm running Advancedmap 1.95
Old June 6th, 2013, 09:39 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
#include stditems.rbh

'---------------
#org 0x800200
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x5 goto 0x880020D
end

'---------------
#org 0x80020D
lock
end

Tried checkitem, checkitemamount, and checkitemroom. Nothing. Lol if it helps I'm running Advancedmap 1.95
Don't use 1.95. It probably isn't the problem, but it is an unfinished beta that is quite buggy. Also, try using the hex value for rarecandy. That might work better as your rbh file may be wrong.

Paired with Simba
Old June 7th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
I have one question. How change wild Pokemon Battle theme in Pokemon Ruby? I want add to my expansion patch an JOHTO region isnide. And my question is about to change music to JOHTO WILD POKEMON THEME <Which I paste in header of TEST LITTLEROOT THEME> When you in Johto.

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.
Old June 7th, 2013, 04:40 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
I have one question. How change wild Pokemon Battle theme in Pokemon Ruby? I want add to my expansion patch an JOHTO region isnide. And my question is about to change music to JOHTO WILD POKEMON THEME <Which I paste in header of TEST LITTLEROOT THEME> When you in Johto.
You would have to branch the music loading routine to check which region you are in and play different music based on it.

Paired with Simba
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
But can you told me where is that ROUTINE and how I would change it?

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:23 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
But can you told me where is that ROUTINE and how I would change it?
Nope. You need to find that. Why? Becuase I would have to find it to tell you. Learn ASM and eventually you will be able to figure it out.

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links