The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old June 5th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
For pretty much all Pokemon games, when they are booted up, you get an intro. These are usually in the forms of short action cinematics, with exciting audio and visuals that relate to the theme of the game you are about to play. There is then a game theme song and image of the games mascot, usually a legendary or starter pokemon
An intro also covers the events when you start a game for the first time, being any cutscenes or sequences, such as the chat with a Professor, anything that occurs before you start playing is my definition.

So, what is your favourite Pokemon intro? Is it flying, surfing Pikachu in Yellow? Or maybe something in one of the newer games? Tell us! ^.^ Also explain the reason you like said intro. Perhaps it's the title music, or you love it when Prof. Oak asks you if you're a boy or girl :/

My favourite intro to a Pokemon game is in Colosseum, I mean look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Tw...e_gdata_player

Explosions, betrayal, heists, getaway motorbikes, in POKEMON!!! My god, the sheer coolness of it all hasn't really been experimented with much, which is sad, but it's still epic :D
Old June 6th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
Still got the music in the start up of Sapphire stuck in my head, I really liked it just for the music really.
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Hmm...I like them all really, for different reasons. Although LeafGreen just seems boring...I dunno if the originals had an intro or not, but I think as it's basically going to the beginning it doesn't need one - it should go straight from the "Gamefreak 19?? - 20??" part to the main screen with Venusaur.

Platinum's always looks nice as an improvement over Diamond. Emerald's was the first one I saw, and is probably still up there. But overall I think HeartGold's is the best. Nice colours, shows you all you already knew about the game whilst building up your expectations, and decent music too.
Old June 6th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
I only really remember the introduction videos for Black and R/B/FR/LG so it's hard to judge them on that.

The start screen of HG/SS and the original R/B are pretty cool in their own respects, the 3D Lugia/Ho-Oh was good while the random pokemon appearing beside Red was also cool so these are much better than the other start screens for me.

Then you're basically in to the professor introduction and it's the same for every game so not much choice there. So I guess purely based on the fact I remember its intro and like its start screen, it's the original R/B for me. Plus I love the classic Pokemon theme played in the intro and start screen on R/B.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links