• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Icy's Custom Cards

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'm not very good with card effects. :/

Think you could help me with card spoilers? The next one I plan to make is Team Rocket's Meowth Balloon. I was thinking that the effect would be something like this:

"Flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 Energy card attached to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon and discard it. Switch your Active Pokémon with Dark or Rocket in its name with 1 of your Benched Pokémon afterward."

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Galaxy foil FTW!

The balloon itself didn't have any foil applied to it (though there may be a sliver along the edges), but it is textured, so it might look like it does.

I wasn't a huge fan of the above artwork, so I redid it in a style that pops more. I guess this would sort'a be a Neo-era reprint of the card.

meowth_balloon_fake_card_v2__promotional_print__by_karite_kita_neko-d669i48.png

EDIT: Printed jumbo foil version...

meowth_balloon_holographic_jumbo_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d669oxc.jpg

It roughly measures 6" x 8.25"

Since I was out of black ink, I had to create something close by mixing cyan, magenta, and yellow. The printed result was far too light (very see-through, even the text), so I printed the image out twice more and stacked them until it looked opaque enough.

I was only going to make the background of the illustration holo, but the adhesive would've been visible on the non-holo areas, since there were so many layers.

You might see a few specs here and there. My printer was sputtering ink. Also, the foil crinkled a bit on the upper right.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: His Doduo ran away and, while he was trying to catch it, he caught a Dunsparce instead. He was satisfied with the capture, so he gave up on Doduo. Now even Dunsparce is trying to get away from him!

imakuni__s_dunsparce_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d66dp6i.png

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks! It's hard to get better than Imakuni?... or Dunsparce!

I'm pretty pleased with then Meowth Balloon print. It could still be better, though. Oh well, I keep it hanging on the inside of my bedroom door, so you can't really notice the imperfections from the bed (where most tend to sit when they come to my room). Of course, the foil detail also makes them less-noticeable.

I'm really wanting to make another printed jumbo card, but I need more ink. ><

No new cards yet, though I've been itching to make another. I just haven't been able to pump out any decent artwork. Hopefully I'll be able to make something soon!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I haven't made any new artwork, so I decided to go through some of my previous artwork and use some of the pictures I haven't used on fake cards yet.

It's a little funny-looking, but here's one. It's my Gym Leader OC... as a doll:

alex_doll_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d67dlmg.png

I used my own custom holosheet, "Glitter Powder."

Also, though it isn't Pokémon, here's a Yu-Gi-Oh! card I made of one of my original characters, Hiro:

Template made by me and based on the classic Asian-English cards. Click the image for the high-resolution version (you'll need to open it in a graphics program and change the resolution to 300 if you want to print it).

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: My love for Dunsparce is showing. :P

[Image removed -- updated in post #34]

I think this is the very first VS-style card I've made!

Not sure I care much for how the "moon" overlaps the VS icon, but I really wanted to give the card an ability. I tried looking at the actual VS cards for reference (if I should move it down or not), but I couldn't find any that had a Poké-Power/Body.

Fake card, artwork, VS icon (not the trainer), and Poké-Body icon by me. Trainer icon by xellaya @deviantART, character concept by me. Original blank and holofoil by aschefield101 @deviantART. The texture overlay is a free graphic from AnySnapshot.com.

Last edited:
Years
Not much I can say on the YGO one, not being very knowledgeable about their appearances, but I very much like the Alex Doll and Shining Dunsparce ones, even though in the case of Alex Doll we don't usually see that kind of art on cards.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I can't say I expected much of a response from the YGO card. Those rarely get replies, even in the other Pokémon forums I post them on.

I'm glad you like the others, though. I know the Alex Doll art isn't really the style you'd see on a card, especially a Full-Art, but I was wanting to use it since it was one of the few Pokémon-related artworks I hadn't ever used on a fake before. I had originally made it a Supporter and named it "Chibi Alex," but I figured it would be less-weird if I made it a doll, therefore an Item, instead.

I was looking at my new Dunsparce card last night and noticed an error. The Poké-Body refers to the card as Dunsparce, rather than Alex's Shining Dunsparce. When I went to fix it this morning, I also noticed that the effect text for the Poké-Body and attack were different font widths (IIRC, the Body was 100% and the attack was 98%). Anyway, I fixed both of these errors:

alex_s_shining_dunsparce_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d67maik.png

icycatelf

Alex
Years
There isn't a big difference. If there was, I would've spotted the error a lot faster. No one else seemed to notice the error, either.

---

UPDATE: Huzzah! Another one... and it isn't Dunsparce!

azumarill_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d67xanm.png

I had forgotten just how fun e-cards were to fake. Still not my favorite era of cards visually, but I do like faking them.

Years
When done right, the e-Reader era holos actually ending up looking pretty nice and unique.

That particular art style you used goes very well with the e-card blank.

One of my favorite holos of all time is the holo Magneton from Aquapolis.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks! Even before I started making the card, I figured the art would look best on an e-card blank. I did also consider Advanced and DP, but they chopped off too much of the artwork.

I didn't buy many e-series cards. I think I just bought about three or four packs (one was Japanese) and two or three decks. I think the only holo e-cards I actually own are Ampharos (Expedition), Clefable (Expedition, which I'm thinking was from one of the decks), and Lanturn (Aquapolis, which I got from a friend). I would like to eventually get Magby (Expedition), Mew (Expedition, though I already have the non-holo version), Umbreon (Aquapolis), Politoed (Skyridge), and Crystal Ho-oh (Skyridge, preferably Japanese), though. My favorite e-card that I own, though not holo, is a Japanese Slowbro (Aquapolis). The art is so pretty!

Also, I updated the first post with illustrator information.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: You have no idea how tempted I was to name this card "Ultra-Cute Shining Mutant Jumpluff."

super_cute_shining_jumpluff_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d68bkwv.png

I based this card on a Jumpluff I obtained in Silver Version via Bad Clone Glitch. It involved the Red Gyarados, Meowth, Persian, Mew, and Skiploom. It knows Pay Day, ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, and Ice Punch.

Also, I'm thinking about making a small-ish e-card set. Here's the set list:

Spoiler:

Feel free to share card spoilers.

Last edited:
Years
Wait, are those quad-typed?

It's a brilliant idea to base a card off of glitches from the games! I've had more than my fair share of those because of how botched PokeRus was in Gen II. The first one is very hard to tell that it is Jumpluff, though.

Back