The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

View Poll Results: Physical Copy or Digital Copy?
Physical Copy 30 81.08%
Digital Copy 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Even better, why pay for it when I could just download it?
Umm...to support the music industry? (Or games, or whatever). I mean, you could argue stealing from Coldplay etc. isn't going to make much of a difference, but it does to smaller bands trying to gain a living from making music.

Admittedly, I use to download...but now I always pay or stream. Just seems wrong not to.
Old June 6th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

I don't care as long as I have it. Digital is faster and more convenient so I usually go with that.
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:31 AM
danks_
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Nature: Serious
I voted for physical copy when it comes to music, I really can't stand low quality songs, some songs I've bought over the internet have lost just so much more when you compare them to the physical copy using the same setup for both. I'd buy all my music digitally if everything was available in high quality/loss less, but not everything is possible...

As of movies and other kind of media, totally going for digital, I just I've made enough backups of everything and hope for the best.
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:58 AM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
I love having physical copies, but sometimes I am too impatient and buy the digital one.
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Call me old-fashioned, but I love being able to hold the media in my hand and call it my own. I also like to have plenty of stuff to show off in my house, so yeah, the two traits compliment each other.

"Here, allow me to show you my Laserdisc collection....it's vintage and awesome."
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:04 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
Well for me it depends. when you talk about movies and music I prefer to have a digital copy. On the other hand when it comes to books I prefer the physical copy then you can truly appreciate the work done and put in the book.
Old June 29th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Felly
The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Felly Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Felly Send a message via Yahoo to Felly Send a message via Skype™ to Felly
For music, I don't really mind having the digital copy, especially since I generally buy it through iTunes anyways.

For books & video games, I definitely want the physical copy. At least if something happens to my game system, I won't have to worry about losing all of my games as well.
Old July 28th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Mecheon
Disciple of Doubt

Nature: Lax
For true keepsakes, I prefer having a physical copy. This is not to say I dislike digital copies so much. Digital copies are great because they are transferable and many can be contained in a small, portable electronic player. However, I grew up around corporeality, so physical copies are closer to home.
Old July 28th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!

Nature: Careful
Being able to put my anime, DVDs, CDs, and games on a shelf really means a lot to me.

I much prefer having physical copies to digital copies.

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old July 28th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Physical. I hate downloading stuff. I feel that I don't own music or a movie unless I can hold a legitimate copy in my hands. The only time I download anything is if a physical copy is extremely difficult to find.
Old July 29th, 2013, 04:50 AM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nature: Impish
I prefer to have physical copies of movies/shows/CDs/whatever.
I'm a big collector of DVDs/Blu-rays/CDs. There's just something I really like about seeing a shelf full of my favorite movies/shows/books/CDs.

x x x x x x x x
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Honestly it depends on the thing.. like I love physical copies of artbooks because the print is more true to what the artwork is supposed to be like..

But I would've said physical in general.. however having to move has left me having to leave a lot of my stuff behind which is a bit sad.. so that's why I am saying digital nowadays.
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
If it's something I REALLY like, I want to have physical copy.
Other than that, I'm okay with digital ones =)
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:58 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
Why would I buy something physically if I can get it for free digitally?

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old July 30th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
This is a rather interesting question. Most of the time I go for the cheapest option, rather than decide whether to go to that shop to buy it or not. Most of the time I usually go digitally, because I'll be able to find out the price straight away so that I can make a decision. On the other hand some music shops may possibly be on the verge of closing down so maybe the prices will be cheaper in the shops than it is digitally.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

I prefer physical copies, having played with cartridges for many years. Collecting the boxes look nice and it actually feels like you have something. Especially with 3DS where digital copies are locked to your handheld, I prefer having a physical copy because if you lose the 3DS with tons of video games then what? It's one of Nintendo's business practice that I really don't understand.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Unconditionally
Let Go and Just Be Free

I voted for digital but I think it really depends on the situation. For example, I'd rather put songs in my Laptop then rather buying an entire CD since there might be some songs I won't like but on the other hand if you want to watch a Movie through your TV then obviously you'll need a psychical copy. Even for Video Games you'll most likely need to buy the physical copy for that but since things are getting more advanced maybe you wont need to buy games in the future. But it just feels awesome to have a physical copy since you can claim it as yours.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki

Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I love you for this. That quote pretty much sums up my thoughts though, free is the best thing ever. And because it's digital I can transfer it between my many electronic devices.

Gym Leader Blue
DeathAnkou @Pokemonshowdown
Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Andrew
멘붕

It depends. When it comes to music, I'm all digital. It's easier to just have it all stored on a computer than to have a disc. Plus, if your hard drive goes bad, you just have to redownload it once you solve that problem. If you lose a disc, you're out of luck and have to buy a new one.

When it comes to movies and games (minus PC games), I usually go physical. High Definition movies and games are usually above 4GB, and with my internet speed, it's just easier to purchase a physical copy. It would take me upwards of 10 hours to download an 8GB game, and when I want to buy a game, I want to buy and play. Not buy and wait. However, with the new feature in the next-gen consoles where you can play as you download, I might just go all digital on everything.

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:12 PM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
Free games? I'd love to know where I can get those.

Or are you talking about something different? I don't get it but I can go all-out dumb sometimes so there must be something I'm missing.

Sponsored Links