The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Who should be the new team leader?
DrFuji 4 80.00%
dbzmay 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
So... I'm not accepted?
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Jetstream9777

Is this gonna have our own fakemon or just normal pokemon??
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:35 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
So... I'm not accepted?
Everyone is accepted, you are just not a leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream9777 View Post
Is this gonna have our own fakemon or just normal pokemon??
As of right now, it appears like it is just going to be real pokemon.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; April 8th, 2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:30 AM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

By the way everyone, we need a cool team name. Every good hack team begins with a cool team name; it's the cornerstone of the group. It keeps people bonded, and is good for morale. So after some thinking, and have come up with the following options:

Dark Evil
Blackened Damned
Malevolent Abyss
Hateful Shadows
Corrupted Diamond
Shattered Legacies
Hack and Slash

Do not steal
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hm...I dunno if those names really represent us, they all seem pretty apathetic or dark, which isn't a bad thing, but I don't know if it fits here. Really, since this is a community hack, I think that the team name should have "Pokecommunity" or "PC" in the title. In a case such as this, I don't think we have to avoid being blunt.
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
By the way everyone, we need a cool team name. Every good hack team begins with a cool team name; it's the cornerstone of the group. It keeps people bonded, and is good for morale. So after some thinking, and have come up with the following options:

Dark Evil
Blackened Damned
Malevolent Abyss
Hateful Shadows
Corrupted Diamond
Shattered Legacies
Hack and Slash

Do not steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Hm...I dunno if those names really represent us, they all seem pretty apathetic or dark, which isn't a bad thing, but I don't know if it fits here. Really, since this is a community hack, I think that the team name should have "Pokecommunity" or "PC" in the title. In a case such as this, I don't think we have to avoid being blunt.
I have had this name rolling around for forever, before I even began to truly hack. Since this is geared at being the ultimate Pokemon hack ever, I shall present it to you:

Team Ultimatum

It is simple, but effective. When you hear the word "ultimatum", at least for me, it is the end all to be all. The ultimate. So why not?

Paired with Simba
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I have had this name rolling around for forever, before I even began to truly hack. Since this is geared at being the ultimate Pokemon hack ever, I shall present it to you:

Team Ultimatum

It is simple, but effective. When you hear the word "ultimatum", at least for me, it is the end all to be all. The ultimate. So why not?
I was thinking we'd just say "The PokéCommunity Hacking Community" or something. Making a team name is a bit silly when we already have the community name, I think.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:30 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Pokemon ... Community version.

We ditch everything and base the hack on Community!

Just kidding, I agree in all seriousness though. Those names are a tad dark for the context of a community hack and since it is a community hack, it doesn't necessarily need to have a specific title.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:54 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:

Team Ultimatum

Well...an ultimatum is a choice. I think the word sounds cooler than the it actually is, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the best (or ultimate, in this case). That, and this hack isn't really dependent on choices.

I'm all in favor of "The PokéCommunity Hacking Community" since that seems most appropriate, given the subject matter.
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:56 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Well...an ultimatum is a choice. I think the word sounds cooler than the it actually is, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the best (or ultimate, in this case). That, and this hack isn't really dependent on choices.

I'm all in favor of "The PokéCommunity Hacking Community" since that seems most appropriate, given the subject matter.
I can roll with that too. It sounds very official.

Paired with Simba
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:24 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
For those interested, we had a chance to sit down and talk yesterday (we're still meeting now too). Here's a log of our conversation from yesterday:

http://pastebin.com/0AXtpbB7

UPDATE: And here's our chat from tonight. Note: It's quite a read!

http://pastebin.com/U7hDdE29
I've finally gotten around to reading all of the second one, really is quite lengthy.
I really do love it.

One suggestion I had, was in reference to the president, why not for the sake of continuity or relation to Canon, use Evice (villain from Colosseum). I thought it may be good because it could draw a link to the canon games and Colosseum had a similar turn of events with a man of power turning into a secret criminal leader.

And just for the sake of my two cents about the legendaries. I personally think legendaries tend to be overused. I would have no problem with the final boss using a stand alone one such as Darkrai, but even then I preferred the way RBY approached legendaries. I realise I'm not part of the story team and I don't want to take anything away from you guys because you're doing a tremendous job, I just thought i'd throw my opinion out there!
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Just a quick reminded that there will be a discussion in just under 9 hours from when this was posted in the IRC channel.

http://webchat.freenode.net/
Channel: #pcromhack

I hope to see lots of you there.
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
So how's everything going with the planning?

(This is tajaros btw)
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
karatekid552

Hey everybody!

To start off with, this project is not dead!

I just talked to Darthatron and he said that he has been quite busy recently, however in two weeks, he will have about two weeks off and he would love to get the ball rolling again at that point in time. The first thing he wants to get done is to have another storyline meeting. So, everyone keep your eyes peeled!

Paired with Simba
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Hey everybody!

To start off with, this project is not dead!

I just talked to Darthatron and he said that he has been quite busy recently, however in two weeks, he will have about two weeks off and he would love to get the ball rolling again at that point in time. The first thing he wants to get done is to have another storyline meeting. So, everyone keep your eyes peeled!
Tbh, I think this isn't going anywhere. I might be wrong! If I am, I'm sorry. Just speaking out my opinions.
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:50 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Tbh, I think this isn't going anywhere. I might be wrong! If I am, I'm sorry. Just speaking out my opinions.
You have to remember, the leaders and such also have lives, which makes this tough to organize. Getting all of our storyliners together, for example, took almost a week due to busyness and time zone issues. It has been about a week sense I posted this, so one more and then Darth will be on break and hopefully we can get something together.

Paired with Simba
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Maybe we should put someone second in command so this thing won't die. T_T
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Considering that May is a time where everyone is finishing up school, I think it's understandable that people are busy right now. Summer is right around the corner, and already started for some, so I expect we'll be starting this up again soon.
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:44 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

why do people keep complaining about how inactive this thread is... and calling it dead... most full on game productions take years to make... im sure this game will be worth the wait. while I do like to see progress as much as anyone else... I also realize that having a team spread around the globe with different jobs and lives to live (as opposed to everyone working in the same building on the same project) makes it near impossible to get together and do anything... common sense says this is going to be slow going for awhile... probably slower than 1 man doing an entire hack by himself (he does not have to wait for a vote or approval to move onto the next part of his game)

i guess what im trying to say is... shut up and wait... the powers that be know what they are doing

~Completed Projects:

Old June 6th, 2013, 08:18 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
why do people keep complaining about how inactive this thread is... and calling it dead... most full on game productions take years to make... im sure this game will be worth the wait. while I do like to see progress as much as anyone else... I also realize that having a team spread around the globe with different jobs and lives to live (as opposed to everyone working in the same building on the same project) makes it near impossible to get together and do anything... common sense says this is going to be slow going for awhile... probably slower than 1 man doing an entire hack by himself (he does not have to wait for a vote or approval to move onto the next part of his game)

i guess what im trying to say is... shut up and wait... the powers that be know what they are doing
A men. I'll try and get in touch with Darthatron again. See how it's going over there.

Paired with Simba
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:51 PM
MrDollSteak

Yeah May was a particularly busy month for myself, and I'm sure many other people. School was finishing, exams and such, even got some teeth out. I'm now on summer so I've been making lots of stuff. I'm working on a sprite resource that we could possibly use in this. It's sort of a mix between Chaos Rush's and Tajaros' resources. It uses the BW style backsprites, but resizes them to fix the proportion issues. I'll post them all once we decide more where we're going with graphics. I look forward to this picking up again in summer!
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:55 PM
karatekid552

Well, with May and June over, I was finally able to contact Darthatron. He told me that real life priorities have taken over and he doesn't have the time to hack that he used to. He would like to come back in the future, but right now, he just doesn't have the time.

So, I asked him what he wants to do about his role as leader and how we should go about choosing a new one. His response was, and I quote, "Let the community decide." So, what does everyone think?

Paired with Simba
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:02 PM
snivy7
grass type lover

Nature: Jolly
am i to late to join this or is it more available?
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:07 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by snivy7 View Post
am i to late to join this or is it more available?
It may be more available now, we will have to see..... It is never too late, btw.

Paired with Simba
Old July 18th, 2013, 04:58 AM
M.L
Busy atm

Well I guess best is choose someone who has been here and that is rust worthy I guess. Someone that will take lead but not let his/her ego take over.

Well if people could still join i wouldn't mind helping out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links