The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Thebeast21799

Nature: Relaxed
Update #8, and hopefully the second to last one in Kanto, and I have great news(for me anyways). I left off where I said that I was training Magma and Dash. Well, finished training there, thanks Psychic. Since I had access to Saffron City, I went to Saffron, and prepared to kick Rocket ass, again. Geez, these creepers don't learn. Magma and Dash did okay on their own until they caught up with the rest of my awesome team of fire types. While defeating Team Rocket, Dash evolved into a Rapidash. Also along the way, Pixxy learned Fire Spin, thus making me finally evolve Pixxy into Ninetails. Mwahahahaha, now I can abuse Toxic and Fire Spin at the same time. Anyway, Rival's defeated, Giovanni puts up a fairly good fight, but is no match for Pixxy. With permission to finally challenge Sabrina, I assembled my team of fire types and matched special attacks against physical attacks. FlameNFame did good defeating Sabrina whole team with Bite and Ember against Venomoth. 6 badges down, 2 to go. Because of my earlier crusade to Cinnaber, I immediatly flew there, did the secret key quest, battled every one of Blaine's thugs, and defeated Blaine using only Pixxy and Dig. I've grown real fond of Pixxy at this point. Teaching Fire Blast to Magma seemed like the right choice, amd indeed I've chosen right. The only thing bothering me about Fire Blast is its accuracy. Flying over to Viridian to battle the last secret gym leader, I discovered that it was Giovanni. Sending FlameNFame out against Giovanni, he didn't defeat the first Pokemon, and fainted. Gwwwaaahhhhh! Magma taught Giovanni not to mess with FlameNFame, with help from Slendy, and Giovanni was forced to give me the last gym badge and then went I to hiding, like the coward I knew he was. All the badges were in my possession, so what better thing to do then head on up to the Pokemon Leagie, home of the Elite 4. Then Gary wanted to battle again, thinking he'd beat me. Of course, my awesome power was too much for his team, even his Blastoise, who was 7 levels above Slendy, my highest level team member. However, that battle took teamwork to beat him, and he stormed off, saying I needed pratice, and yet he lost to me... what a pitiful shame. Tonight, I'll traverse the Victory Road, grinding everyone up to Lvl.55, then challenging the Elite 4 and champion. If I beat the Elite 4 and am not lazy, I'll include a battle against Mewtwo. Anyone know where to find the tms for reflect and light screen, because I'm too lazy to look up their locations(lol). How am I doing in my fire monotype?: Current party is: Slendy the Charizard Lvl.46 with: Body Slam, Mega Punch, Flamethrower(**** yeah!), and Slash; Pixxy the Ninetails Lvl.45 with: Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Dig, and Toxic; FlameNFame the Flareon Lvl.43 with: Tackle, Bite, Quick Attack, and Ember; Magma the Magmar Lvl.44 with: Fire Blast, Psychic, Psywave, and Confuse Ray; and Dash the Rapidash Lvl.43 with: Ember, Fire Spin, Stomp, and Double Team. Hopefully the Elite 4 won't be challenging, saved in front of Victory Road, and see you next time, good luck to anyone attempting this challenge.
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:39 AM
AoiFushigisou
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to AoiFushigisou
Userame: AoiFushigisou (in the game aoi)
Type: Grass
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: LeafGreen (fnished) - Gold (now playing) - Sapphire - Pearl - Black
Only before few minutes I beat rival in the champions league .... so I finished with Kanto region (after 17 hours and 45 minutes) .... And let`s go to Johto
And here is my awesome team in hall of fame
Spoiler:

And last Kanto update
Spoiler:

Arrived to indigo league
Decided, that my pokemons are on the low level
Went back to the Champions road
After 6 matches went back to indigo league
Bought 40 full restores and 90 revives
Beat elite 4 with revives and full restores
Beat with lot of full restores, revives, leech seeds and poisonpowders
Entered to the hale of fame

And my team
Spoiler:

Venusaur (name: Shohei) Lv.62

Parasect (name: Taku) Lv.40

Victreebell (name: Morita Go) Lv.51

Exeggutor (name: Takuma) Lv. 44

Tangela (name: Arioka) Lv. 30

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by AoiFushigisou; June 7th, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
kirax7

Nature: Jolly
#6 Update for Monobug - Platinum

-picked
-done beginning stuff
-caught the Naive Maleon Route 201
-grindingto LV9
-met Looker and done Trainer's School
-evolved intoinside Trainer School
-got Rapid Claws
-defeated Rival
-got Rock Smash and taught it to

: difficulty 0/5
*Rock Smash ... never got hit...luckily xD

-defeated Team Galactic
-got Honey
-caught the Bashful Femaleon the Tree in Floaroma Town
-caught the Quiet Femaleon the Tree in Floaroma Town
-it took sooo long(I was already here while I was playing White for the MonoGround xD, it took 5 days T_T)
-defeated Team Galactic
-done the Wood

*had Aerial Ace ... never being hit

-evolved intoinside the Galactic Building
-defeated Team Galactic
-done Cycling Road
-got Earthquake and taught it to
-got VS. Seeker

: difficulty 4/5
*gotburned by Will-o-Wisp defeatedin 2 hits,in 1 Critical hit andin 3 hit while healing

-defeated Rival
-got Defog
-bought Moomoo Milk

: diffciulty 0/5
*Aerial Ace

-defeated Team Galactic
-avoided trainers to grindlater
-caught the Mild Femalein the Great Marsh
-grinded
-evolved intoon Route 214
-done every possible Route
-defeated those maids
-defeated Rival

: diffciulty 0/5
*Ancient Power on. Brick Break and Close Combat on the others

-defeated Cyrus and got Surf
Ultimate Psychic Monotype: Kanto-Johto-Hoenn-Sinnoh-Unova

Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Normal Monotype
Ultimate Ground Monotype
Ultimate Bug Monotype
Ultimate Fire Monotype
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman

Nature: Adamant
Ultimate Water Monotype Challenge: Blue Version
Challenge Complete!

Well, it's been a long time coming, but I'm finally done. This took me longer than my Bug mono! So yeah, glad it's done. It was a lot of fun though once I got to where I had more than 2 Pokemon. Ultimately, this was a lot less challenging than I anticipated. When I used Bugs in Kanto I was constantly being challenges by walls, particularly Fire Pokemon. But In this one, Grass types rarely were a problem, and Electric types had a lot of non electric moves.

So, the E4 went about how I expected. Lorelei gave some resistance, but I didn't lose anyone. Bruno was a cake walk, because all my mons were special attackers for the most part. Agatha was fearsome, and spammed all the status conditions, making the fight EXTREMELY difficult. I had like 3 mons with Ice moves, so Lance went down easy. My Rival, was a lot more difficult than I thought he would be. By the time I finished fighting him, all that was left was my Gyarados! It was a crazy close battle.

I try not to make a habit out of naming MVPs, because I think all of my team helps, but Starmie was definitely an incredible Pokemon. So much type coverage on top of ridiculous Speed and Special. Definitely recommend it to anyone.

Well it's over now. Before I would announce a new mono for this game, but I need to slow down on the picking up challenges. So expect more updates from my other current monos soon!

Team:

Shelly
Lvl 48
153/102/116/99/107
-Strength
-Skull Bash
-Surf
-Reflect

Smaug
Lvl 48
171/154/105/107/126
-Double Edge
-Hydro Pump
-Fire Blast
-Thunder

Hypnobelly
Lvl 47
159/101/104/81/88
-Submission
-Hypnosis
-Earthquake
-Body Slam

Nigma
Lvl 49
145/106/104/150/135
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Cthulhu
Lvl 48
138/82/145/77/138
-Spike Cannon
-Withdraw
-Surf
-Blizzard

Aurora
Lvl 47
153/91/89/84/106
-Surf
-Growl
-Aurora Beam
-Rest
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Pekin
I make Fakemon sprites.

I did it! I ****ing did it!

Type: Flying
Game: SoulSilver
Badges: 16

Okay, so I just beat Red's ass. I have no idea when my last update was, so I'm just gonna talk about the battle with Red.

I owe this victory all to Jumpluff. Such an awesome team member! Jumpluff, at level 65, eliminated his Pikachu, his Lapras and his Charizard, before I had to bring in anyone else. Sleep Powder, Substitute, Leech Seed and them fire them Seed Bombs away, until they're dead. Then Venusaur stepped in, and there was really no way to Leech Seed it. So I put it to sleep, which allowed Gyarados to set up three Dragon Dances before Venusaur woke up to the death of Ice Fang. I stuck with Gyarados for Snorlax, thinking I had enough attack boosts, but Venusaur had me dented pretty good, so it only took Snorlax one Blizzard to take down Gyarados. Having put a solid hole in Snorlax's defences, though, I sent out Togekiss for the final blow - an Aura Sphere. He then sent out Blastoise, and I figured I could just send in Jumpluff again. But then I ****ing missed Sleep Powder! That's why you're holding a Wide Lens, Jumpluff! You don't miss! **** it, I sent out Togekiss as bait while I revived Jumpluff. Jumpluff was back in the game, and missed again! i switched to Yanmega, revived Jumpluff, took a Blizzard to the face and sent Jumpluff back out, who - thankfully - didn't miss this time. The rest, as they say, is history.

Here's my final team:

Spoiler:

Jumpluff, lv. 66 @ Wide Lens
Male // Jolly // Leaf Guard
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb

Jumpluff was easily my best Pokémon. Whenever I found myself in a tough spot, Jumnpluff was a sure win. Seriously. No matter what, this little guy pulled through every single goddamn time. Slowly, but surely and smug as all hell, this guy would bring the opponents to their knees, crying and begging for mercy. And the merciful Jumpluff would grant them the mercy of allowing them to faint. Jumpluff will forever remain one of my all-time favorite Pokémon. And did I mention that this guy is awesome? Because he is. He's awesome.

Crobat, lv. 65 @ Poison Barb
Female // Jolly // Inner Focus
- U-Turn
- Fly
- Roost
- Cross Poison

Fly slave and decent scout. No, really, Crobat is cool, but her main usage in this challenge was as a Fly slave. Sure, she pulled through every now and then and earned me the occasional victory, but next to the throne of Jumpluff, she seems a mere peasant.

Yanmega, lv. 65 @ Amulet Coin
Male // Modest // Speed Boost
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- AncientPower
- Air Slash

I actually spent a lot of time breeding mid-game for this guy, because I wanted a Modest one with Speed Boost. I've never used Yanmega before, but he proved really fun to use. A bit tiring to level up, as he learned all his great moves pretty late-game, but worth it. More or less, anyway. And I just love his design so much. Definitely one of my favorite Gen IV Pokémon.

Togekiss, lv. 65 @ Leftovers
Male // Bashful // Serene Grace
- Shock Wave
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball

Normally, I care a little too much for natures to ever would have used a Bashful Togekiss, but when he hatched, I figured - what the hell. He was fun to use and has insanely useful coverage.

Gyarados, lv. 65 @ NeverMeltIce
Male // Adamant // Intimidate
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Do I really need to say anything about Gyarados? This guy is a complete and perfect powerhouse, and after a few Dragon Dances, he is goddamn invincible. He took down Lt. Surge's entire ****ing team! And he has a 4x weakness to Electric! Gyarados, you da man.

Noctowl, lv. 65
Female // Calm // Keen Eye
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Psychic
- Psycho Shift

For a generic bird, Noctowl proved interesting to use, and it was difficult to decide on a playstyle for her. I was initially planning to go with a Hypnosis/Dream Eater-thing, but when I saw the crazy recovery moves she had in Roost and Psycho Shift, I changed my mind. Definitely not a Gyarados or a Jumpluff, (seriously, Arceus himself isn't even a match for the mighty Jumpluff) but a great team member nonetheless.

All in all, this was a great challenge, and it was actually my first complete playthrough of SoulSilver. My next Flying-type challenge will be in Emerald, but I might just complete my Emerald Bug monotype first.
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM
SubVirus

Update #2
Caught a Nidoran♂ on Route 3 at lvl 6 named him Wilber - Trained him up to lvl 14 and continued into the Mt Moon
Caught a Zubat in Mt Moon at lvl 10 and named her Nipper, spent a long time training him to lvl 16 so that he would learn Bite and actually be a functioning member of my team.
As i progressed in the Cave Nidoran♂ evolved into Nidorino at lvl 16 which i decided i didn't care about any of the moves i would "miss out"on and i used a moon stone on him immediately afterwards making my NidoKing and all his glory. (should have waited since the water gym is coming up)
My Bulbasaur decided to evolve right on Que before leaving Mt Moon. Oh i caught an ekans (lvl6) on Route 4 but he's so miserably useless I don't intend to use him when I plan to use Gengar and Tentacruel as the last 2 places in my team.
Finally through Mt Moon and into town where i fought my Rival and litterally all of my pokemon died except Ivysaur who lived againt Charmander with 2 HP left (Achievement unlocked)
Did the Nugget thing. I was able to steam roll right through all of them without healing at all. Traiers trainers bleh bleh blah, I'm at Bills and Misty time.
Misty was difficult because her Starmie has an advantage over all of my team and equally a disadvantage vs my Ivysaur. Her Starmie after it was asleep and confused and hurt itself once was still able to take out my Ivysaur in 2 confusions. My Nidoking pulled through and was able to kill Starmie with just Mega punching it until it died from it. With my entire team dead except Nidoking with 17 HP left it was getting kinda close... easilly 1 more water move and he'd have died...
After the gym i kicked that rocket theif's dairy air and took his dig also: my Zubat evolved into Golbat making her much more useful with her Wing Attack.
Decided to pick up the Old Rod and the Bike Voucher.
On the SS boat thingy i defeated every room and healed before fighting my Rival. This time my Ivysaur was able to take out Pigeotto and Charmander despite being weak against them. Ivysuar died to burn and Nidoking defeated everyone else with 1 or 2 hits.
Got cut but no HM slave... was hoping ekans could learn cut but not so much so i caught a Meowth (lvl 14) he will be my HM slave. with pickup ability its a very good HM slave.
On to fight the 3rd gym... my current line-up is:
Spaurz♂ lvl 25 - Timid Nature with the moves: Tackle, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf
BeeDrill♀ (i forgot to nickname lol) lvl 25 - Relaxed Nature with the moves: Twineedle, Rage, Focus Energy, Fury Attack
Nipper♀ lvl 24 - Careful Nature with the moves: Wing Attack, Astonish, Supersonic, Bite
Wilber♂ lvl 25 - Jolly Nature with the moves: Peck, Dig, Thrash, Brick Break (he right now is my leading damage dealer/tank combo
//HM Slave(s)//
Meouth♀ lvl 14 - Bashful Nature with the moves: Scratch, Growl, Bite, Cut
First 2 trash cans i looked in had the switch :D
defeated all of the trainers without any problems... Now the gym leader.
Voltorb vs Nipper
Screech vs Bite
2x Sonicbooms (cheater >.>;; ) vs Bite
Super Potion vs Bite
Sonicboom vs Bite
And he's gone
Pikachu is up next vs Nipper.
Shock wave killed me but my Bite brought his health down to 2/5
Spaurz is up -- Razor Leaf and he's gone.
Raichu is up next vs Spaurz
Double Team vs Sleep Powder (i missed)
Quick Attack vs Sleep Powder (missed again...)
Thunder Wave vs Razor Leaf (paralyzed)
Double Team vs Razor Leaf (paralyzed)
Double Team Vs Razor Leaf
I need to Leech Seed him or he'll out live my team
after 3 attempts i was successful.
well... actually another razor leaf and he died lol... and that's that for Gym 3 on to the next one.
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:33 AM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
Electric Update #3: Finished Cristallo

Here are my final team pics:
Spoiler:
Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Dizzy Punch, Ice Punch
Headbutt, Fire Punch, Thunder, Thunderpunch
Spark, Confuse Ray, Hydro Pump, Surf

That's all for now.
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:04 AM
lukesk1

FireRed Mono Water update #1:
So I chose Squirtle as my starter and it was apparently female so I named her Aqui, and then I battled my rival and I spammed tackle till I won lol best rival strategy ever. Then I Grinded my Squirtle to level 13 in Viridian Forest and, I was afraid of getting poisoned and blacking out so I caught a Pidgey and it will be used as my HM slave, so I traveled to Pewter City and beat Brock. Difficulty: 0/5 it may have been the easiest battle I have ever faced in a Pokemon game, because all I used was just water gun and both of Brocks pokemon fainted in one hit.
P.S does anyone know where the next water type will be, because its getting boring just using Squirtle.

Kanto 8/8, Johto 11/16, Hoenn 0/8, Sinnoh 0/8, Unova 0/8

Last edited by lukesk1; June 8th, 2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Missing details
Old June 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Pekin
I make Fakemon sprites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesk1 View Post
FireRed Mono Water update #1:
So I chose Squirtle as my starter and it was apparently female so I named her Aqui, and then I battled my rival and I spammed tackle till I won lol best rival strategy ever. Then I Grinded my Squirtle to level 13 in Viridian Forest and, I was afraid of getting poisoned and blacking out so I caught a Pidgey and it will be used as my HM slave, so I traveled to Pewter City and beat Brock. Difficulty: 0/5 it may have been the easiest battle I have ever faced in a Pokemon game, because all I used was just water gun and both of Brocks pokemon fainted in one hit.
P.S does anyone know where the next water type will be, because its getting boring just using Squirtle.
The next available Water type would be the Magikarp you can purchase at the Pokémon Center just outside Mt. Moon.
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:58 PM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Electric Update #4: Platinum Finished

I know I updated earlier, but I just got Platinum done, it's runs pretty fast for me. It's goes about 3x speed in the overworld and about 7x speed during battles on DeSmuME, so I always get it done pretty quickly.

Anyways, here's my final team pics.
Spoiler:

I haven't continued Emerald yet and I started White 2, I'll finish Emerald before I update with White 2, I'm saving that for a big final update.
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:45 PM
ScubaDouch3
Ice-Type Lover

Well, I can't seem to upload pictures from my phone right now thanks to our computer being old and not having an SD Card slot, so for now just trust me on my word cause I can only do text updates for Gen IV and V:

Ultimate Fighting-Mono Challenge: Platinum

- Started game, chose Chimchar and called him "Bardock"

- Did the beginning stuff and eventually made it to Oreburgh where I caught a male Machop and named him "Macho Man"

- Did some light training, then challenged Roark and won for the
Coal Badge

- Made my way to Floaroma and kicked Team Plasma out of the Windworks

- Got extremely lucky and found a Heracross on my 9th jar of Honey, so I caught him and named him "BeetleBorg"

- Went through Eterna Forest, emerged in Eterna City and kicked Team Plasma out of their building

- Challenged the Eterna Gym and defeated Gardenia for the Forest Badge

- Went through Cycling Road and Mt. Coronet and caught a male Ralts named "Sir Loin" on the way to Hearthome City

- Challenged Fantina and beat her rather easily for the Relic Badge

- Made my way through the routes to Solaceon, passed through and made my way to veilstone, passed through and made my way down to route 212 where I caught a Croagunk named "Dart" and found a Dawn Stone which I used to evolve my Kirlia into a Gallade

- Went all the way back to Veilstone and beat Maylene easily for the Cobble Badge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully I can find a way soon to get my pictures up on my computer, but until then I guess this will have to do.

Yellow: 8/8l Crystal: 4/16

Ultimate Fairy-Mono Challenge
Kalos: 6/8

Ultimate Mono-Challenges finished:

On Hold:
Dark - on Gen IV lll Flying - on Gen IV lll Ground - on Gen IV
Psychic - on Gen IV lll Steel - on Gen IV
Old June 7th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Thebeast21799

Fouth attempt at typing this, stupid tablet. Final update for Kanto, and this took forever. Lorelei was taken down by a combo of Slendy and Pixxy. Bruno was a joke for Pixxy, even his Onix were weak. Agatha was plain annoying! Confuse Rays everywhere, and Magma and Pixxy took her down. Lance is the definition of hell. Magma and Pixxy were the only two up when I defeated Lance. Gary was easier then expected. Pixxy swept most of his team, courtesy of Toxic. Blastoise ruined Pixxy's fun, but not before poisoning Blastoise himself. Magma finished Blastoise off, and he *****ed like always. Final team: Pixxy(MVP)-Ninetails Lvl.53: Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Dig, and Toxic: Magma-Magmar Lvl.51: Fire Blast, Psychic, Psywave, and Confuse Ray: Slendy-Charizard Lvl.51: Body Slam, Earthquake, Flamethrower, and Submission: FlameNFame-Flareon Lvl.50: Fire Spin, Bite, Rest, and Ember: Dash(LVP)-Rapidash Lvl.50: Fire Spin, Stomp, Flamethrower, and Double Team. I'll be busy for tommorow, so I'll try to update for Crystal when I can, and in the meanwhile I'll be deciding my Johto team. For sure I'll have Typhlosion, but any suggestions are welcome, and good luck to anyone attempting this challenge. See you later.

Last edited by Thebeast21799; June 7th, 2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Error
Old June 7th, 2013, 06:06 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Update #6

After beating Koga I took a break then head over to Saffron and challenged Sabrina.
vs
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Kate
Level 38
Ability: Run Away
Dig, Strength, Iron Tail, Shadow Ball

Percy
Level 38
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Keen Eye
Steel Wing, Fly, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack

Willary
Level 38
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Cute Charm
Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower

Persio
Level 38
Nature: Modest
Ability: Limber
Pay Day, Bite, Water Pulse, Thunderbolt

Snora
Level 37
Ability: Immunity
Body Slam, Surf, Rock Tomb, Brick Break
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
hisalness56

Randomly Generated a Poke and it was a Pidgeotto so sign me up for Flying and I'm gonna go for an Ultimate
I'm gonna start off with Red Version and figure out the other versions later
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeast21799 View Post
Fouth attempt at typing this, stupid tablet. Final update for Kanto, and this took forever. Lorelei was taken down by a combo of Slendy and Pixxy. Bruno was a joke for Pixxy, even his Onix were weak. Agatha was plain annoying! Confuse Rays everywhere, and Magma and Pixxy took her down. Lance is the definition of hell. Magma and Pixxy were the only two up when I defeated Lance. Gary was easier then expected. Pixxy swept most of his team, courtesy of Toxic. Blastoise ruined Pixxy's fun, but not before poisoning Blastoise himself. Magma finished Blastoise off, and he *****ed like always. Final team: Pixxy(MVP)-Ninetails Lvl.53: Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Dig, and Toxic: Magma-Magmar Lvl.51: Fire Blast, Psychic, Psywave, and Confuse Ray: Slendy-Charizard Lvl.51: Body Slam, Earthquake, Flamethrower, and Submission: FlameNFame-Flareon Lvl.50: Fire Spin, Bite, Rest, and Ember: Dash(LVP)-Rapidash Lvl.50: Fire Spin, Stomp, Flamethrower, and Double Team. I'll be busy for tommorow, so I'll try to update for Crystal when I can, and in the meanwhile I'll be deciding my Johto team. For sure I'll have Typhlosion, but any suggestions are welcome, and good luck to anyone attempting this challenge. See you later. :)
You can get a Magby from the Daycare couple. It even has a high chance to be shiny. :D

Really, fire is a very scarce type, in pretty much every game, so there's a good chance that until you reach Kanto, your team will pretty much be stuff from your last game.
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Thebeast21799

@NecrumWarrior Thanks for the suggestion. There is a patch of grass west of Violet City where I can get a growlithe. Knowing that is helpful, and because you mentioned the odd egg, I want to ask a question: if you save right before your odd egg hatches, and you restart your game because you didn't get the right pokemon, will the pokemon that hatches reset itself? Just asking if anyone knows. As always, good luck to anyone attempting this challenge, and see you later with my Crystal update, but first, I'm starting a Meganium Ultimate Solo Run alonside this challenge, so it should prove very interesting.
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:29 PM
hisalness56

Red Version Flying UMC First Update
- Named myself Alex and Rival Blue
- Started off with Zippo the Charmander
- Took on BLUE’s Squirtle and won
- Headed towards Viridian and got and delivered Oak’s Parcel and got the Dex and Town Map
- Caught Birdman the level 3 Pidgey
- Grinded until both Zippo and Birdman were level 10

Battle with Blue #1

I started off with Zippo and Embered his Pidgey a couple times. I then switched into Birdman figuring that I could whittle his Squirtle down with Gust and then Zippo would finish him off after Birdman fainted but no! Birdman was able to take him down after 2 sand attacks I got lucky with his accuracy and Gusted the Squirtle to death. Zippo reached level 11 during the Battle.

- Charged through Viridian Forest with no problems with Zippo reaching level 13 and Birdman reaching level 12
- Trained until both were level 14
- Headed to the gym and beat the Junior Trainer and got ready to face Brock

Battle With Brock

I decided to lead with Zippo and see if I could just take down Geodude with Ember and this worked to perfection as Zippo did not take any damage. For Onix I decided to switch into Birdman so I could Sand Attack him which I did 6 times (sorry Brock I know how this feels) so his Onix could not hit me. Then I just Gusted and Quick Attacked my way to Victory. Both Zippo and Birdman grew to level 15.

- Fought my way to the Poke Center where I purchased Rage the Magikarp
- Zippo evolved into a Charmeleon
- Trained in Mt. Moon until Zippo and Birdman were level 18 which is when Birdman evolved into Pidgeotto
- Rage also grew to level 9
- Saved the game inside Mt. Moon
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeast21799 View Post
@NecrumWarrior Thanks for the suggestion. There is a patch of grass west of Violet City where I can get a growlithe. Knowing that is helpful, and because you mentioned the odd egg, I want to ask a question: if you save right before your odd egg hatches, and you restart your game because you didn't get the right pokemon, will the pokemon that hatches reset itself? Just asking if anyone knows. As always, good luck to anyone attempting this challenge, and see you later with my Crystal update, but first, I'm starting a Meganium Ultimate Solo Run alonside this challenge, so it should prove very interesting. :)
You have to save before receiving the egg. The Pokemon is generated when you get the egg, not when you hatch it.
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:53 AM
kirax7

#6 Update for Monobug - Platinum

-done Water Routes
-defeated Rival
-done Iron Island Quest

*3 Close Combat.

-defeated Team Galactic at tha lakes
-done Snowy Routes

: difficulty 2/5
*Close Combat and Earthquake

-defeated Team Galactic and Cyrus
-defeated Cyrus and Giratina

Earthquake

-done Victory Road
-defeated Rival

E4:

Aaron: difficulty 0/5
*Bug Buzz on, Stone Edge on, Air Slash on the others

Bertha: difficulty 1/5
*easy enoughcaused me little problems butmanaged to beat him

Flint: difficutly 0/5
*Earthquake OHKO everyone

Lucian: difficulty 0/5
*Bug Buzz, Attack Order, Megahorn...

: difficulty 1/5
vs2 Bug Buzz 3-5
vsStone Edge flinched.. *_* ... Stone Edge 3-4
vsAttack Order, Mirror Coat missed.. Ice Beam, Attack Order, Rapid Claws Attack Order 3-3
vsheling, stone Edge, Earthquake flinched, Earthquek critical hit 3-2
vsToxic, Megahorn OHKO 3-1
vsDragon Rush, Destiny Bond... Flamthrower... 2-0

Final Team:
LV61 MVP
Bashful | Female | Guts | King's Rock
Earthquake
Megahorn
Stone Edge
Brick Break

LV59
Quiet | Female | Pressure | Rapid Claws
Heal Order
Attack Order
Dentiny Bond
Power Gem

LV59
Mild | Female | Speed Boost | Razor Claw
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Shadow Ball
Psychic

HoF Screenshot:

Ultimate Psychic Monotype: Kanto-Johto-Hoenn-Sinnoh-Unova

Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Normal Monotype
Ultimate Ground Monotype
Ultimate Bug Monotype
Ultimate Fire Monotype
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:12 AM
SubVirus

I've recently received HM02 (fly) but my Golbat cannot learn it ... (even though he can learn in it gen 4 and 5. )
Is it against the rules to trade Golbat to a Gen4 or Gen5 game to teach it Fly and trade him back?
in Gen 3 only Crobat can learn Fly for some reason >.<;; (Crobat is like 1/4 the size of Golbat... w/e lol)
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubVirus View Post
I've recently received HM02 (fly) but my Golbat cannot learn it ... (even though he can learn in it gen 4 and 5. )
Is it against the rules to trade Golbat to a Gen4 or Gen5 game to teach it Fly and trade him back?
in Gen 3 only Crobat can learn Fly for some reason >.<;; (Crobat is like 1/4 the size of Golbat... w/e lol)
It's not against the rules because it's impossible to do, lol. Backtrading isn't possible after Gen II unfortunately.

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:32 AM
SubVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
It's not against the rules because it's impossible to do, lol. Backtrading isn't possible after Gen II unfortunately.
So... i can't take the official fire red copy and trade it to gen 4 and then trade it back?
I can't say i've attempted such a feat considering i've never had reason to do so...
If i tweak my original trainer number is it possible to trade it back?
Old June 8th, 2013, 11:47 AM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Electric Update #5

I finally finished Emerald. If it wasn't for Drake's Flygon, I would've finished this morning.

Anyways, here are pics of my final team, I am nearly finished with White 2, so my final Electric update will come tonight or tomorrow morning, and I'll go ahead and sign-up for the next step in my Ultimate Monotype Super Quest.

Spoiler:

Username: WarriorCat
Type: Dark
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2

Last edited by WarriorCat; June 10th, 2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubVirus View Post
So... i can't take the official fire red copy and trade it to gen 4 and then trade it back?
I can't say i've attempted such a feat considering i've never had reason to do so...
If i tweak my original trainer number is it possible to trade it back?
It's not possible in any sense. You can trade forward from Gen I to Gen II, and then Gen III to Gen IV. And then all those strange ways they've made to transfer forward from there. There is no way to back trade in anything after G/S/C. I hope this answers whatever questions you may have
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Dark Marik
The Ruler of All Doors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Shade of Light View Post
It's not possible in any sense. You can trade forward from Gen I to Gen II, and then Gen III to Gen IV. And then all those strange ways they've made to transfer forward from there. There is no way to back trade in anything after G/S/C. I hope this answers whatever questions you may have
Going from gen 3 to 4 is also a transfer, not a trade.

But yeah, only 1st and 2nd gen are capable of trading with each other. All the others can only trade within their own gen.

"I shall henceforth be known as the Ruler of all Doors!"
Dark Marik
AKA NecrumWarrior

Trade Shop
Hidden Potential

Challenges
Vault Hunter's Challenge
Monotype Challenge

Breeding FC
2237-4962-6641

Events FC
2752-8806-1998