The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: The Best Region
Kanto 9 13.85%
Johto 11 16.92%
Hoenn 25 38.46%
Sinnoh 11 16.92%
Unova 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Heads or Tails.
Antisocial Mudkip

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Gotta say Hoenn. That was the first region I played in, and it really made the experience thousands of times better. The underwater caverns and tropical scenery were amazing.

--H
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I loved kanto better because it was the first one, not to say I dont like the others ones, Well Johto was very slow to start. The first ones always hang with you
Old May 28th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Unova of course, cos I love how modern it looks but it also blends in elements of the past.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old May 28th, 2013, 10:49 PM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
I would have to say hoenn by far. just everything about the R/S/E games was amazing. the beautiful green routes, the long grass. the beach. ect. it can't really be matched. in my opinion. perfect region.
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:40 AM
DelightedTurk
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
Personally I found the Sinnoh region to be fantastic. I just found it to be really cool overall, with notable locations. Spear Pillar is an amazing place especially, I found it to be just magical.
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Sinnoh is definitely the best for me, even though the games weren't my favourite, the region itself was just superior. I managed to clock 140+ hours on Platinum which suggests there is a lot to do within the region as well.

Kanto and Johto were similarly great, Hoenn was pretty cool and although I like Unova , it was just like a reject version of Sinnoh really (much like the games themselves due to the lack of console progression between the gens).

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Spinosaurus

Seeing as this is in Gaming Central I'm assuming the best functionally rather than personally? Because if so, oh god I'm glad Unova isn't winning because that's easily the worst and B/W's biggest problem. Insultingly small and ridiculously linear with incredibly boring and bland environments? Not to mention it goes against exploration and is incredibly formulaic? Yeah, easily the worst designed region in a Pokemon game. Also, it's a mess, and makes absolutely no sense. That desert area is there because it is. Not once in Unova have I ever felt "oh, this place is great, maybe I'll stay here and explore before moving on", and it's not only because they're not as engaging and intractable, but it doesn't ALLOW you to due to how linear it is. Also, half the region is filler for post-game.

I'm glad Sinnoh is winning the poll. A huge, immersible region with varied environments and tons of hidden details and secrets? It's also such a joy to explore and dive into. Shame it's stuck in games that are horribly paced. It's the anti-Unova. Second place would either be Hoenn or Kanto because both allow complete freedom and satisfyingly rewards you for exploring. It's kinda hard to choose which.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; May 29th, 2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:50 AM
PicklePackle
Unhatched Egg

Hoenn

- It has Metagross
- Kyogre is my favorite legendary
- Creative town/cities
- Did I mention it had Metagross?
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Lewchu12
Unhatched Egg

Sinnoh was really good with with the snow and what not so i'm quite the fan of that however, my heart still lies with Johto and Kanto because they're the first ever games i played. Hoenn was fun though, with Fortree City.

So far though with Unova though, i've very rarely used fly because it's quite a tight area.. if you all get me? It's actually not far between each city.

So in conclusion, i don't have a particular favourite but i have love for them all.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM
KeyDrop

Nature: Adamant
My favourite region is Johto, it's full of awesome places like burned and tin tower in Ecruteak city, Olivine city's lighthouse, whirl island, dragon's den and Mt. Silver.
I really like Hoenn too but it's full of useless water routes, it's not a big deal but Johto doesn't have any flaw like that in my opinion.
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

I am the Queen of Hoenn! <3 Obviously Hoenn is my favorite. I love the balance of land and sea and how it goes so well with the plot. I love the tropical environment. I love the unique towns and cities like Fortree and Pacifidlog. I love the Pokemon that live there. I love the legends that reside there. I just love Hoenn! :)

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
Johto, very peaceful. Had lots of cool Pokemon. Easy to navigate around. My favorite gym leaders (Clair is always a challenge) and of course Lance.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Friend Code: 0877 1355 2214
Friend Safari: Grass and contains Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Tangela.

Feel free to add me, please send PM with your FC so I can add you back
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:30 PM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

I almost voted for Hoenn, but then I realized Gen. 3 is the most overrated one, so I went back to Johto.

You know, mostly because they kept the same art style from Gen. 1, but filled in the colors and polished the animations. I loved that Gen. so much. @_@
Old June 5th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Growboyz
Unhatched Egg

JOHTO!!!The Pokemon are cool, the gym leaders are cool, and the games are awesome! Kanto is really cool too. Most of my favorite Pokemon come from Johto or Kanto!
Old June 7th, 2013, 01:13 AM
King Of Pokemon
Pokemon King

Nature: Lonely
What's your favorite pokemon region?
Mine is Shinnoh
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:40 AM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

Hoenn, though followed closely by Orre. The Orre games are my favorite, but Hoenn as a region itself is more enticing

Old June 7th, 2013, 02:46 AM
PiplupParty
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
I like Unova most because there's less annoying sea to swim in!
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Golem Lord
Level 100 Golurk

Nature: Gentle
Unova, due to Golurk. That's solidly what I base that off.

I make all my own signatures/avatars. You can request something if you want.
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
If we're going just by the overall geography of the regions (cities, routes, climates, landmarks, etc.) my favorite region would be Sinnoh. It's got a lot of diversity to it- being able to go to cities buried in snow, having beaches in both the south and east of the region, large swampy areas that you can trek through and more. Unfortunately, I really didn't enjoy the games which we visited Sinnoh, though, so it soured my taste on the region as a whole.

The region that I liked the most as a whole package is actually Hoenn. We still get a lot of geographical diversity here as well, but we get something else that we don't really see in any other game (besides a small bit in Unova), and that's large underwater passages. That in itself brought a unique aspect to the region, and something I'd like to see brought back in the future.

Hoenn also brought along the introduction of the Battle Frontier (in Emerald, at least), it had not one, but two evil teams fighting to change the landscape of the region, and gave us the first real side missions outside of battling in Pokemon Contests. I think all of these additions plus the layout of the region itself is why Hoenn's my favorite.
Old June 8th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Hoenn because it is home to the best villain team ever Team Aqua!
Old June 8th, 2013, 08:20 AM
SubVirus

I like Sinnoh for similar reasons to Brendino
Also i think 4th gen was enough pokemon ; i think its getting excessively ridiculous to catch 649+ pokemon but whatever lol... to each their own.

X:
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:32 AM
j_Woo
Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
I gotta say Johto ^-^ I just love basically every Pokemon that was invented in second gen, and I think that it was the last gen before the number of legendaries started to get outrageous. Also, HG and SS are GREAT remakes (plus crystal is my second favorite game to date, behind B/W 2)

^Play these, they're mo betta^
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Unova will probably always be my favorite region.

So much to explore, a large city, Castelia City (even with a sewer system like in real life), nice variation in terrain, so much diverse life of Pokemon. The region is really fun to explore. When I thinnk I found everything I always found something I missed.

All my favorite Pokemon can be found in Unova - and even some who are not native to Unova can also be found there.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: X
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Jak
i'll let you have it

King of Pokemon, please make sure you start checking the forum before making a thread. I'll merge this with the existing thread on favorite regions.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Sargas006
Unhatched Egg

Hoenn is my favourite region because it is a great island and Hoenn was created after Groudon and Kyogre were formed. There is also 34 different routes so it is impossible to be bored.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here