The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Zeyon
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I only ever used the GTS once.. and didn't get anything that I wanted. I even put in a Level 35 Shiny Charmeleon, and all I wanted was a level 10 and up Turtwip. Nothing. That was also when I first started playing, so I didn't know that, ultimately.. I was screwing myself, if that trade even went through.

I would like to get involved in Negotiation trading over GTS, but I need a little more experience with these games before I do something like that.. namely, learning more of the Pokemon, which are best for what, having planned out EV teams with movesets, etc etc..

For the most part, I'll only be getting involved in trades with people from this Community, because I've gathered from the few that I've spoken directly to, and those that have added their own marks to posts I've made.. this community is an honest bunch.. so I know I won't be getting screwed.

Anyway.. that's my two cents: Didn't like my first experiences, but open to trying again once I learn more, and know what to look for.

HeartGold, Black, and Black 2 FC's Coming Soon!
Old December 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
WobbuffetWynaut

I use both GTS's mostly the regular one because i dont know what people want in negotiations!
Yes,because fills up my dex i could get shinies i even haz a mesprit now!
No i just get whatever I want no shinies or perfrect pokemon except for level 100 purugly.
Dex fillers except for my purugly i use it in my team!

Last edited by twistedpuppy; December 11th, 2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Spam. Don't do it again.
Old December 12th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Rayquaza the Godfather
Godfather

Nature: Naive
My most precious Pokémon I got from GTS was Shiny Darkrai lv 100.
Traded it for a Magikarp, lol.
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:51 PM
mechro147
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
i only had one good trade on negotiations. i traded my level 25 N's zorua for some kid in japans lvl 45 Virizion. peoples expectaions on trading is too high and demands legendaries just for a lvl 1 starter pokemon.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
vapes
Togepi

Nature: Lonely
I actually got two good trades. One was a gible for a female dewott and the other was a hippowdon for a larvitar. I then traded the hippowdon to the girl in Accumula town for that timid Alakazam...so all in all not bad.
I remember in HG I got a shiny totodile and all I had to trade was a spinarak lol

White FC: 2967 8981 9744

White 2 FC: 4342 1706 0881 (usually for trades; I have pretty good Pokes in my PC)

Old June 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

I don't ever use the actual GTS mainly cause it's full of everyone asking for impossible Pokemon, especially Lv. 5 and under Zekroms and Reshirams. Every once in awhile there is a reasonable offer though, you just have to be patient and check all the time lol Maybe sometime in the future this will be fixed so then there would be more reasonable offers.
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
The GTS seems to be almost completely useless in my opinion. Though unlikely, I'd like to see Nintendo place a stricter filter system on it. I've received a lot of hacked Gen III event Pokemon off of it in the past >.<

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I friggin' sincerely hate all those offers like: lvl up to 10 Reshiram. Seriously? People, be reasonable.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
I friggin' sincerely hate all those offers like: lvl up to 10 Reshiram. Seriously? People, be reasonable.
My thought behind this is that the people are using the GTS glitch to clone since most of the offers I see are shinies. But if that's so, then why don't they remove the Pokemon after they're done... do they leave them there to taunt others? D:
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Well, the glitch has been fixed in Platinum, lol. So in 5th Gen it's impossible to clone that way.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

Pair | Family
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Er, not one to encourage hacking, but that's when you hack a level 9 Reshiram and get their goodies. Unfortunately, the GTS doesn't let you do this, probably.
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Er, not one to encourage hacking, but that's when you hack a level 9 Reshiram and get their goodies. Unfortunately, the GTS doesn't let you do this, probably.
I've tried this before and it doesn't work unfortunately :( I really want some of those shinies too...
Old June 12th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Penguin1970
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Penguin1970
I only have Heart Gold.I once got a great trade,a level 28 Vaporeon (my dream Pokemon) with Blizzard,Surf,Waterfall and Bite for a level 1 Eevee i just hatched.Of course i accepted ^.^
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post
I've tried this before and it doesn't work unfortunately :( I really want some of those shinies too...
Yeah, I thought that after I posted it ;-;

@Penguin1970 -- congrats! That's awesome news n_n
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I don't use the GTS much, aside from to get 'mons off Pokecheck. I did manage to obtain a shiny lvl1 Buneary off of it, though. I can't remember what they were asking for, but it was a pretty good trade on my part.
GTS Negotiations is more fun than anything else, for me. I've ended up with quite a few legendary and shiny Pokemon, but it's annoying when people reject everything you try to offer.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
Kumo163

I really dislike the global trade center. 9/10 times I go, 99% of the trading options are either legendary pokemon and/or insanely high level pokemon (90+ level). This is why I like wonder trade so much more.
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Meemster

Nature: Quirky
I hate that people on the GTS ask for impossible to retain Pokemon.. really? A level 1-10 Ditto?
Old December 11th, 2013, 10:52 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
GTS is annoying. =/
What I hate most are pipz offering X and are also looking for X.
Seriously?
And yeah, pipz requesting unobtainable PKMN. =/

Then again, I couldn't really hate GTS that much since, that's where I got a lvl100 Yveltal, and I only sent the trader a llvl36 Charizard. :3

Training new PKMN teams and earning money are now easy as I sweep the Elite Four with my mighty Yveltal. xD
Old December 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
People have good pokemon you want, like Togekiss, but refuse to give it to you.

How long is that Togekiss going to stay on the GTS before someone trades you a Lv.10 Xerneas?

Just gimme the Togekiss!

----------EDIT----------------

I put Nidoran Hustle up on GTS. And got a Female...JAPANESE....Togetic!!!

Last edited by SnowpointQuincy; December 22nd, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old February 10th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Sebastian_Sommer
Rocket grunt

I need a second opinion on the Ho-oh I received from the GTS. It's in a masterball but it's lvl 37 and it originates from the Hoenn region which I checked for any Ho-oh related events but they are all at lvl 70. It also learned recover even though it's a lvl 71 move.
Is this a fake/hacked pokemon?
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

@Sebastian: I'm certain it is hacked.

@topic: I find looking for Pokemon very tedious and ineffective because of all those stupid offers. Yes, they are stupid and wanted Pokemon are impossible to obtain. On the other hand, I've had so many succesful GTS trades, because my offers were fair. For example: random Graveler for any Graveler. There are many people who'd like to get their trade evolving Pokemon. I've been able to exchange Gliscor for Weavile as well.

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old February 12th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Sebastian_Sommer
Rocket grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
@Sebastian: I'm certain it is hacked.
Thanks for your opinion, I reported it to the hacked pokemon thread and had it deleted from my game. It's true that there are a lot of people making some outrageous trade in the GTS, but at least you could be certain that what they are offering are actual pokemon, unlike the Ho-oh I received from the deposit function .
Old February 16th, 2014, 09:44 AM
The Feves
Pikamon Pokéchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_Sommer View Post
Thanks for your opinion, I reported it to the hacked pokemon thread and had it deleted from my game. It's true that there are a lot of people making some outrageous trade in the GTS, but at least you could be certain that what they are offering are actual pokemon, unlike the Ho-oh I received from the deposit function .

That's a bummer. Ho-Oh would only come at a lower level than 50 if it came from the Dream Radar game, and if that was the case it would be in a Dream Radar ball. If you're still in need of a legit Ho-Oh, pm me and we could probably work something out.

I remember when GTS first made its appearance in D/P, but I never used it until a couple nights ago on X/Y. I'm amazed by how useful and helpful it is for completing Dex entries. I would never look for a Legendary trade on there tho. I've learned quickly that it's best to talk to people on the forums. Everyone on here is far more friendly and helpful, and more often than not, very genuine and legitimate.

I have definitely found a new appreciation for GTS, but I'm astounded at the ridiculous Pokemon people are offering when asking for legendaries. I spent a half-hour looking for a Turtwig trade that wasn't looking for an insanely valuable legendary. It's a freaking Turtwig, dagnabbit. If it's breed-able and doesn't have any iv's worth mentioning, then don't go asking for a one-of-a-kind Pokemon! Am I right?

Friend Safari: Dragon - Noibat, Gabite, Sliggoo
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:17 AM
thebest
Where beginnings are
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
hey,

I like the GTS i always search for Pokemon because many people put shiny Pokemon on the GTS witch is convenient for me because i"m a shiny hunter lol :-) but then again if i"m looking for some legendary Pokemon i put a Pokemon up for trade.

Hey guys the Genesis tournament is here place your name to get started remember follow the rules :-)

GENESIS LEAUGE
Gyms: water/DTblayde, steel/rajat123, grass/vinicijr12, Ground/JadeX, Psychic/Orangeralts21, Normal/Whitney's Shaymin, Dragon/Tal Skirata.
Also to prompt the league giving away a pokemon for the first four gym leaders that signs up :-)
Bulbasaur w/magical leaf and grass wistle lv 1
Charmander w/dragon dance and dragon pulse lv 1
Squirtle w/dragon dance and aura shpere lv 1

POKEMON Y 3695 1353 1392
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:46 PM
sCam
puredisrespect

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to sCam
GTs pisses me off 9 times out of ten. As someone who relies soley on this, and forums to complete the dex, it's quite frustrating. I only need like 30 pokemon left, bu tI still don't get all these kids obsession with Mew. I wish i can clone my mew 718 time, and trade it on the gts. I'd have the shiny charm within an hour.

Seriously though, only reasonable trades i get is when i deposit a transfer only pokemon for dex fillers, and repeat the process witht he pokemon i acquired, but it takes a while, and is not ideal way to complete the dex imo. but w/e I don't have money to buy black 2 again, or platinum again, or poke transfer, so I'm stuck witht his ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

ALL I WANT IS A MUSHARNA IF ONLY I HAD A MOON STONE

3DS FC: 4296 4277 1383
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links