Whooo I haven't watched any episodes in ages. I quite like the Johto era and Aerodactyl and Gary and Anna, so I'll give this a whirl. C:
My thoughts while watching
- Oak is buying chocolates for Ash's mom, hmm.
- Tracey how do u draw that fast wat.
- This background music track is actually kind of scary... Aerodactyl's cry, not so much. I can already tell it's quite young.
- So they revived it! That's actually impressive... Although the research behind reviving extinct species was around in the Pokemon world since RBY, we still are quite mediocre at it. :o
- "Plain old grandpa!" haha Oak looks like he's on vacation.
- How does a little girl have so many Pokemon friends? She has no badges, so they shouldn't listen to her, bah! :P
- Butch and Cassidy fell on their bums lol. :)
- Gary only wanted to be the best for his grandpa ;_; I really like how Gary's expression perked up when they brought up Ash. n_n While the humans are talking, the Pokemon are looking for that wild Aerodactyl, hmm. Very farfetched stuff right there. :B
- Tracey is lucky to be alive after that little stunt, haha.
- Aw yeah watching Umbreon in the anime! How surreal. <3
- Waaaaat she has an Ivysaur... she looks like she's 7 lol. WAT SOLARBEAM
- "totally flipped out" aaa. Well, I do like how they briefly describe how to effectively tame the Aerodactyl.
- There are a ton of Kanto Pokemon in this episode... :D
- Don't every extend your hand out to a wild and prehistoric animal, kids. D:
- Ancient creatures are really cool - like grandpas! haha this joke was good.
- this theme omg im dead
- oak is buying treats for delia awww
- the voice acting is so rushed in this ep
- tracey your sketching skills are out of control
- i like the boat driver
- i really like oak
- gary has def gotten more annoying
- i dislike Dara
- the BGM is so off omg
- reminiscent of mewtwo innit
- kiddy kid
- just a grandpa?
- i like the little one better than the big one
- rlly why do all these pokemon like her
- butch and cassidy tho haha
- bc calling for it will make it come out
- omg gary bby ;;
- perks right up at mentions of ash
- palletshipping woop woop
- sneaky sneaky
- they so short omg
- tracey no D:
- srs why do they LISTEN??
- oh my tracey looked attractive when he jumped
- gary's always attractive
- except when the animators dgaf and decide he's like a foot shorter than oak
- she's a powerful lil girl aint she
- this is a massive island actually
- look how short gary is
- animators dgaf
- oak is a gilf
- i mean what
- i wonder if gary's dad is hot
- preach to the pokemon that prolly dont understand u
- i missed a few minutes here because my mom came home hilariously drunk and was laughing at herself and it was really funny
- aw gary's got himself a career <3
- tracey and oak are pretty attractive yo
I liked this one! Well I didn't like the girl CotDs and Gary's voice irked me and the little girlie was like some sort of Pokémon queen and they did a dumb when handling Aerodactyl but I love Oak and Tracey and I adored seeing the side of Gary that really doesn't have his crap together and is still just a kid really. <3
yeah, that was an interesting episode. I wanted to write more but I kep getting distracted and stuff. Aerodactyl was pretty awesome, certainly had a lot of personality. Gary was interesting, because you see him as not a total jerk, which is completely what I am used too. In fact sometimes soon we need to watch an episode where he's just a total jerk. :P
Anyway, Anna asked me to get the post up for this week's episode, but I sort of forgot to last night so here we go! This week's episode is Fly Me To The Moon! I know absolutely nothing about this episode as I did not pick it, so this will be interesting. As usual, we are no longer talking about last week's episode, but if you do wish to discuss it further please do so in the... hmmm, I'm not sure if this belongs in AG or somewhere else, since it's Pokemon Chronicles, but we don't seem to have a Chronicles thread so for now I'd say AG & BF discussion. Also, if you are looking for someone to watch with, you can find us in #lilycove, where we have lots of fun talking about the episodes while we watch! I may also stream the episode this week. If you want me to keep you informed on that, just PM me or find me in #liliycove.
IV Breeder Extraordinaire
Paired with Orianna
- corsola <3
- MASTER QUEST WAS SUCH A GOOD SEASON ;____;
- fat pidgey aw
- how many of those bridges does johto have though
- orville <3
- i def remember this ep
- orville was so little aw
- clever bby!
- friendly neighborhood meteorologists!
- it's always kinda hard to tell meowth's agenda
- like he's mainly affiliated with j&j but also does his own thing so much
- dramatic speeches
- probably ash should get advice before using thunderbolt randomly like that
- ah pudgey pidgey!
not a lot to say about this episode, partially because i was making a snack and trying not to cut my fingers off but also because it was a very light and fuzzy episode. plenty of adorable meowth and orville time, misty totally forgot about the corsola, fat pidgey are cute, ash is a dumb.
- Misty looking for dat Corsola still. Let's go to an island full of pudgy Pidgey, yay!
- I LOVE THIS OPENING
- Lmao that bridge... now that's how you cross a bridge.
- Those Pidgey are so pudgy because you're over feeding them. D;
- Orville! What a cutie pie!
- "just very fat" aw that's not nice, Oak.
- So many baby Pidgey! I wonder how Olli is taking all of this in.
- Orville just wanted to show off. :P
- Keep yo doors locked!
- How could the twerps not overhear Team Rocket's conversation? xD
- Spearow and Fearow are such bullies in the anime.
- Orville cold. ;-;
- Why did you command Thundershock wat/
- That's what you get. :P
- Pudgy Pidgey to the rescue!
- Rocket blasts off! How do they survive the fall? Oh ya, stuck in a tree there. :P
One little Pidgey inspires the other Pidgey to fly. :D I really like how Team Rocket basically helped Orville make its dream come true. Meowth really connected with Orville, too. The twerps didn't do much this episode. Just what was Ash thinking when he ordered Thundershock to revive poor Orville? Why did Misty never look for any Corsola? Who knew that the Character of the Day and Team Rocket would have more pleasant and useful screen time than the main characters. :P
so so happy this is my favourite episode ever :):):):)
- Screw Corsola, I came here for Pidgey >:o
- Pudgy Pidgey Isle best name for an island ever.
- Misty apparently wants to be a Flying type. Can't say I blame her :D
- The Johto seasons were definitely my favourite. Dat intro!
- What a convenient landing after being blown off of that bridge.
- Definitely naming my next Pidgey Orville!
- Some kind of evolution of Pidgeys? I'm pretty sure they're just fat :p
- SOOO CUTE OMG FISJDFJ HDSFH HOW CAN PEOPLE SAY PIDGEYS AREN'T CUTE????!!!! >:((((((((((((
- Ambitious Pidgey. Never give up on your dream, Orville!
- It's the fourth season, you should be able to realise that they're Team Rocket in disguise by now. I mean seriously, you should just be suspicious of anyone who has a Meowth outside of their Pokeball at all time. Especially when that Meowth is disguised as well! hnggg
- At least Team Rocket were helpful in this episode.
- Spearows and Fearows, you've always been the black sheep of the birds >:O
- Pokemon clearly don't need oxygen. Owell, they're immortal anyw- oh wait, they do. Well, birds don't. 'cause they're awesome.
- Orville really reminds me of Articuno with the snowflakes falling from his wings
- ORVILLE WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING NO DON'T DSFHDLH
- Don't use Thundershock, Ash! so stupid ugh.
- Pidgeys so loyal and all around amazing. Too underrated tbh.
- Aww now all the other Pidgeys wanna fly as well. Good thing Fly is an HM then :D
- Best episode ever!
Gimme more episode starring Pidgeys! Orville is definitely one of my favourite "characters", if you can really refer to Pokemon as such. Love how he went through with his dream, despite the danger he put himself in, and all the challenges he faced along the way. I also like how Meowth cared more about helping Orville, rather than capturing him. Shows that he's more compassionate than Jessie and James, I guess, but then again, he understands Orville better, both in terms of language, as well as his goals :p Overall, I really liked the episode, even with the lack of battles, and feel like these are some of my favourite episodes, where they actually focus on helping certain Pokemon with certain goals :D
The main thing I found interesting about the episode was Meowth's involvement. It can be hard to know what his true agenda is at times, but he came through with a really meaningful support for the Pidgey whose name escapes me at this moment. The idea of Pidgey who had evolved differently is not a new one to the series, but the way in which they were different was new indeed. It led to something not stereotypical of the show, and even features TRio helping out in the end, even though they originally wanted Pokemon. As soon as they realized the situation they decided that it didn't matter. So to anyone who thinks Team Rocket is a bunch of idiots, watch this episode!
Since once again no one is really suggesting anything, I left it up to the dice and wound up with "A Six Pack Attack". I know nothing about this episode except Prof Birch and Oak are both involved.
IV Breeder Extraordinaire
Paired with Orianna
It seems Olli def made a good choice and everyone likes Pidgey. <3 We're moving on now but you all can still make additional comments on this episode in the Original Series Discussion thread.
This week we're going to be watching A Six Pack Attack! Necrum chose it at random and I remember it being good but nothing about it really. But it's AG and it has Birch and Oak and probably some chaos so it should be fun. You've got from June 17 to June 23 to watch and comment on this episode.
Don't forget you can also find us in #lilycove where we can set up streaming if you want to watch with people. Also don't forget to make an episode suggestion along with your comments! It doesn't have to be a specific title even; you could just give a general idea of the type of episode you want, or a description of one you're thinking of but can't find the name of. Whatever, just suggest stuff you'd like to see!
So, I was pretty busy when i watched this episode. But here's what I liked. I thought it was pretty cool to have the group split up like that for pretty much the entire episode, each dealing with a different aspect of the problems at hand without really knowing what the other is doing. I also liked the fact that each trainer was with the opposite trainer's region professor. May was with Oak and Ash was with Birch. Seemed like it worked out with a really cool dynamic to it.
I am really digging on Birch's voice actor, very cool, and any episode that has Oak in it is pretty much a win.
I really wish i had more to say, but I was quite distracted while I was watching. Anyway, if no one has any other suggestions, I say we watch Fear Factor Phony. I know nothing about this episode except that Wobbuffet falls in love with a Kirla, which is priceless and we need to watch it!
IV Breeder Extraordinaire
Paired with Orianna
- totally forgot what this episode was
- oh AG yay
- yay Birch! coolest main region prof ngl
- also hottest
- dan green <3
- rlly first time meeting oak? weird
- no it's fine just leave the siblings behind
- wat u doin brock you know better
- neglegent mother
- AG themes kick ass
- stop yelling to the skarmory birch omg u dork
- EYES ON THE ROAD MAN
- don't just nap
- may's beginning was great
- siblings! <3
- cute kids
- NICE HAT YO
- U GOT A FANBOY
- who is a bit of a creeper ngl
- oak is hot
- just saying
- what kind of pokemon he has? all of ash's and gary's
- thirty tauros
- an overly affectionate muk
- you know
- i missed how max enjoys getting hit by pokemon
- cutie bulba
- is that the one that becomes hers?
- may ur dumb
- max ur getting genre savvy
- oak what u gonna do with just two kids
- why are "starters" an in-universe thing
- there's a rather obvs cave
- did they put it there just for this?
- why do they need max's bag? are they going to sniff em out?
- trip the alarm why dont you
- i love oak so much
- oop vacuums and pitfalls
- the old standards
- it actually is a good base tho
- birch's driving is my favourite thing
- oak is your back up to that?
- nice lounge guys
- oh my god they're drunk
- this is great
- max dont stand right there
- see this is creatively using moves
- this should happen more
- aw poochyena
- special attention there may
- they're so drunk oh my god
- as if the zubat will listen to you? why would it?
- yeah it's hers
- ehehehe the picture
- oop hallo gyarados
- or not
- aw they all got kicked out
- sad poliwrath aw
- birch's sandals make me happy
- i don't think that should work?
- or are they just killing the mechanisms
- trainer's choice in-universe
- i really really want max to make a return as a proper trainer ;___;
- like... why skiploom tho?
- as if that's gonna work yo
- THIS BGM NEVER FAILS TO MAKE THINGS AMAZING
- i've always been confused as to why littleroot town is next to a port city but whatevs
So that's this week over! A Six Pack Attack was actually really good. <3 If you want to talk about it more, please use the AG & BF Discussion thread because Watch-Along is moving on.
From June 24 - June 30 we will be heading to the beginning of Battle Frontier and watching Fear Factor Phony. Apparently Wobbuffet falls in love. idk man it's Necrum's sudden fascination with Kirlia that brings us to this. Remember you can catch us in #lilycove for streaming links and group livestreams. And remember to suggest episodes for later on!
Well this was a... weird episode. It really screamed kids show. The plot was something to be desired to be honest. High points were Abra being adorable and Wobbuffet being one smooth rider. I ship Wobbuffet and Kirlia now, they were adorable together, seriously. There was a LOT of move misuse in this episode. For example, safeguard being used as a noise canceler, which really made no sense to me whatsoever. Also, Meowth seems to have forgotten that all his moves are useless on ghosts. But whatever, nitpicking on my part. Wasn't the best episode, but it had some really cool Wobbuffet moments, and Wobbuffet is one of my favorite Pokemon, so that was cool. I'm gonna give you guys a chance, come on, someone other than me suggest an episode, please?
IV Breeder Extraordinaire
Paired with Orianna
- well may sounded odd right there
- this is new voices isn't it?
- that opening was rlly cute
- creepy town there
- may really sounds older
- im laughing really hard it's saying its japanese name
- yeah def new actors
- speaking of attitude
- what's up with the faux british accent from jessie
- what the helllllll
- rockets you are trippin
- wobbu ran away omg
- bby snake and cactus awww
- that was effective
- what is even going on
- aw cutie ghosts
- this is madness
- oh ash
- may u wuss
- wtf music
- lmfao ash
- aw kirlia
- what up with all the psychic types
- kirlia is flippin tiny wow
- OH MY GOD
- "WITH ALL THAT DANCING IT LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE HAVING A BALL" RLLY ASH
- this is baffling
- that's weird
- usually it's rock and fighting that are miners
- aw no
- that's unacceptable
- abra bby
- this is really sad
- wtf is this bgm
- u all are ridic
- THIS MUSIC IS MY FAV THO
- h u h
- pokemon relations are not going well
- omg wobbu
- super cute
- oh dear
- not a ghostie
- YEAH GO WOBBU
- wow the motto
- srs what the hell bgm
- pffft crocodile tears
- KISS reference wth
- ooh dang wobbu is strong
- wobbu x kirlia 4eva
- uh oh drama
- as if that will work ash
- thunderbolt solves everything
- this is ridiculous
- ok then
- what the hell is this ending
Yeah that episode was... lacking in anything interesting really. Wobbu and Kirlia are cute together and that's it. And moves being used to weird effects, but that's p much the anime when it's going well. This was just weird though. Ah well.
Alright, that's it for Fear Factor Phony! If you want to say anything else about it, head over to the AG & BF Discussion Thread.
This week's going to be a bit different. Necrum and I are hosting marathons of the anime for GT, so we're going to just use those episodes for this week's Watch-Along. The list is pretty big, but don't worry about watching all of them. If you catch any of them or just watch them on your own time, this is the place to talk about them!
Here's the list as well as streaming times. All times are CST (GMT-6).
Man, the GT marathons went well! So many people omg. <3 ilu allll~
We're going to move on with amerininja's suggestion then: Battling the Enemy Within! AG, King of Pokélantis, you know. Sounds like fun, yeah? We'll be watching and chatting between July 8th and July 14th. If you want to set up a time for streaming, VM me or maybe Necrum if he's up for it to talk about times. Joining us in #lilycove is also pretty fun~
Okay here is my review for "Battling the Enemy Within!":
First off this the first time I have ever seen this season and may I say this theme song rivals Master Quest's and that's saying something in my book. Now as for the first part I love the showing of ancient writings as it forewarns us that this is going to be a mystery centered episode. Next up, that Pikachu statue in my opinion is kinda odd as he is not of this region so I kinda would have prefered a different Pokemon. What do you all think? I also loved the real world reference to Atlantis a destroyed place that can't be found. Okay secret chamber with automatic torches? Can I say amazing or what? This episode has already in just 6 1/2 minutes shown amazing plot depth. Is it just me or is that orb an ancient pokeball? I love it when in this type of storyline we go back and forth between the possesed and the host!!! Oh and one more thing I did not see the pyramid transforming into a helicarrier comming.
- woohoo pitfall
- actually not rockets this time
- oh hallo speaking of rockets
- ash u a dumb
- indy scene
- oh hey isnt that--
- oh yeah hi brandon
- wow he p mean in this one
- not like last time
- dang that's dramatic
- i like the legend
- INDY SCENE
- hey wasnt that at the other ruins
- whaaaat don't just pick that up
- yami satoshi
- oh dang
- obvs the dude got stuck in the ball instead of ho-oh
- or similar something
- brandon what
- you can't pull king rank bc of that
- SCOTT'S A SUPER CREEPER
- hahahahaha still posessed
- ooh ash's consciousness
- oh ash >__> don't help the king
- YES ASH
- AW NO
- wow the king is such a cheat
- YES GOOD BOY
- ooh dang yo
- aw TRio
- brandon is so dramatic haha
- aw bby
- this frickin flying pyramid tho
- like wth
- U R CHOSEN
- well that was weird
- omg the ending hahahaha
Well that was weird haha. And it seemed to go by really fast idk. Brandon is a lot less friendly right off the bat which was strange to me. And his pyramid is still ridic. They did possesed!Ash really well I thought but idk everything felt a bit rushed. Good ep tho~
I didn't quite catch the entire episode, but what I saw was interesting. I liked the possessed Ash, there should be more of that, lol. It did feel rushed and honestly I don't have much to say about it.
Next week we should watch Clefairy Tales. I used to own the episode and could do with a little nostalgia. I think it would also be the first episode we watch to feature Jigglypuff. So that would be cool.
IV Breeder Extraordinaire
Paired with Orianna
I liked the concept of possessed Ash. I just wished the battle dragged on a bit longer, even though I know the King of Pokelantis is all powerful and all. I also wished TR had a bit more involvement in the episode. It would be cool to have them see Ash possessed and since Possessed Ash was evil and all, have him join them. And Brandon was so very mean. :c
Hello hello and welcome back to PokéAni Watch-Along Club! It's been a while. This week's episode is a fun one though. It's called "Different Strokes For Different Blokes" and don't that just make you giggle? It's episode six of the DP saga and features Ash, Brock, Dawn, Paul, and Team Rocket. As always, watch it in the language you prefer and report back by the night of the 25th. You catch that? You can post in here about the episode any time between August 19th and August 25th. I'll be posting any streaming time info in the Streaming Thread, so keep an eye on that!
-a wild Paul appeared!
-Ash with the typical type disadvantage
-Turtwig, y u no dodge Chimchar's attacks?
-why did TR even appear?
-more LOL Wobbuffet
-Paul is a ninja
-I agree, Ash is pathetic
-Ash has no recollection of the time he encountered Stantler in Johto...
-Flying through the clouds? Perfectly normal!
-Beedrill chasing Ash? It's like that Honey Island episode all over again
-Paul kept the Ursaring. Good choice
-'Danger, Sweet as Honey' that was the name of the Honey Island episode!
- lol Ash I'm surprised that you thought you would beat Paul
The only issue I had with this episode is that it needed more Wobbuffet. Besides that, it was an episode of the usual quality. The gang's relaxing, random recurring character appears, TR appears, misadventure happens, the end. I liked the little fight during the beginning
I thought this one was pretty funny tbh, from title to credits. Never getting over the title. Ash being continuously baffled by the Stantler and everything in the forest that wants to kill you- always entertaining. And I like seeing Paul! He's interesting.
I'm just going to say though, it loses a lot of charm when you see it five times in a week. xD;