The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Sasuke Uchiha
The Avenger

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
I think they should make a item for Arceus(Other Than The Type Plates) because they have one for Palkia,Dialga And Giratina,So why not Arceus?

Old Username:RedPhoenixMaster

Last edited by Sasuke Uchiha; June 7th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
Technically, doesn't Arceus have 16 items (the type plates)? Since it already has those, to answer your question, no, I don't think Arceus needs an item.
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 22 Obtained 4
Kalos Medals: 71
Kalos Ribbons: 6

Old June 8th, 2013, 10:30 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
I agree with OffRoadSP in that one could consider Arceus does have its own item(s); being the plates. Although I understand where you're coming from also.
Old June 8th, 2013, 11:27 PM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
i dont see the point, as you can only equip one item. and if you would be using arceus you would want to use the plates. whats the point really?
it would be cool if it was holding a berry, that was from like a different part of the universe from a complete different world. and can only be obtained once. but maybe you could grow more. ect.
Old June 8th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Yeah, the plates are more than sufficient. But perhaps he could have a Pokemon Bible or something, a book you can read and if held on any Pokemon imbues them with some mystic quality or something
Old June 9th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
Personally I don't think Arceus deserves another item. Technically it already has 16 of them, all of which do wonders when used correctly. Giving it another item similar to Dialga's Adamant Orb or Giratina's Griseous Orb, would just make it an overpowered Pokemon that has the potential to rip everything in it's sight. Sure, it is a legendary Pokemon and the so-called creator of the Pokemon universe, but even then 17 items specifically made for one Pokemon is overdone, don't you think?

The elemental plates already make Arceus a terrifying Pokemon to behold, giving it another Pokemon is just overdoing it. While it would be a good addition for another orb, I think Arceus doesn't necessarily need it. Even if it did exist- Pokemon are only allowed to hold one item- so then you'd have to decide between giving Arceus a completely new type or more raw power in battle. It'd be confusing and yeah, in my opinion Arceus just doesn't need another item at all.
Old June 9th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Not another one specifically for Arceus, no. But a Plate for the normal type might have been a good idea. Then again, imagine the power of a plate-boosted STAB Extremespeed in competitive play...it'd be in the tier above ubers :P
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I mostly agree with Narnia, the elemental plates already make Arceus as strong as it is so I don't think there's any need for another item. It's basically good as it is right now.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here