Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #3876    
Old June 8th, 2013 (11:09 AM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
cosmic explorer
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 9,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
The stories we post are usually really one-sided. Like there's no moral exploration and discussion going on, we know exactly what the response is going to be after reading the title. I'm talking about stories like "same sex marriage has been legalized in x" or "same sex marriage has been banned in y" of "z politician made outrageous comments". While every news story is new in itself, the ideas are nothing new, I guess to me it's just ... boring, repetitive and not very stimulating. News updates are cool, its just that I often see the buds of a discussion that disintegrates into yayy or nayy and watching a discussion that didn't have much potential to begin with unravel is a bit depressing to me.

You're right that this is a safe-space first though and that's what it should remain. I think my rant is better directed at D&D - I've just been pining for some serious discussion and intellectual stimulation lately.
Ah, I get what you mean now. I wasn't sure if you were talking about our individual stories and didn't want to assume that's what you meant. 'Cuz, you know, there are gonna be some one-sided opinions here about certain things!

Maybe you should start a D&D thread. Or maybe just say something here anyway and see what sticks. There is a certain kind of Daily Chit-Chat feel to this place sometimes depending on who's around and what we're talking about, but I'm sure that you could start some more discussion-based conversations.
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #3877    
Old June 8th, 2013 (8:34 PM).
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
C'mere, brat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,766
Yeah Phantom man I know how you feel. I cannot get this girl off my mind and it's driving me nuts. I told my friend I would quit smoking weed for her but I've been so stressed recently I took a hit anyways. :\ Not so easy stopping when the piece is sitting in your closet

It's hard to find a way to distract yourself. I would hang out with friends and do things that don't remind me of her. I play skyrim. Water my garden. Read a book. You know?
  #3878    
Old June 9th, 2013 (1:13 AM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
This is how the second break-up went.
Spoiler:
[2:30:27 AM] Fenrir: [1:41:13 AM] Leon carrot cat: hi
[1:41:38 AM] Fenrir: Hi
[1:41:55 AM] Leon carrot cat: :iyou have to say h first from now on :I
[1:42:06 AM] Fenrir: Okay. Why is that?
[1:43:45 AM] Leon carrot cat: cuzi feel ****ing special ._.
[1:44:26 AM] Fenrir: Hm?
[1:46:37 AM] Leon carrot cat: ._>
[1:46:49 AM] Fenrir: Umm...
Alright?
[1:46:59 AM] Fenrir: I'm still highly confused...
[1:51:22 AM] Leon carrot cat: You have to say "Hi" to me first ._.
[1:51:33 AM] Leon carrot cat: weh i or you code offline
[1:52:03 AM] Fenrir: I understood that...
Why do you feel special?
[1:52:32 AM] Leon carrot cat: cuz
[1:52:38 AM] Leon carrot cat: ifeel loved
[1:52:46 AM] Fenrir: Mhmm...
[1:53:18 AM] Leon carrot cat: >:I
[1:53:28 AM] Leon carrot cat: you dont love me?
[1:53:37 AM] Fenrir: I love you.
[1:53:49 AM] Leon carrot cat: <_<lier
[1:53:52 AM] Leon carrot cat: <w<
[1:53:57 AM] Fenrir: Umm....
[1:54:10 AM] Fenrir: To be honest, I never expected to get back with you Leon.
[1:54:17 AM] Fenrir: I just wanted us to stay friends.
[1:54:22 AM] Leon carrot cat: ..
[1:54:27 AM] Leon carrot cat: wellfine then
[1:54:37 AM] Fenrir: Sorry...
[1:55:05 AM] Leon carrot cat: t(T_Tt) to think i liked you
[1:55:11 AM] Fenrir: Sorry...
[1:55:56 AM] Fenrir: Leon, don't do this. I just wanted to be friends. I never expected a second chance from you Leon. I'm sorry if I hurt you though.
[1:58:46 AM] Leon carrot cat: Leon carrot cat has shared contact details with Fenrir.
[1:59:20 AM] Leon carrot cat: you ****ing said yes andyou do this
[2:00:01 AM] Fenrir: I'm sorry....
I'm really sorry...
But, when you told me to **** off, and that I pissed you off a lot, I thought that you didn't like me back...
[2:00:14 AM] Leon carrot cat: now i trust you as far as i can throw you >: |
[2:00:54 AM] Fenrir: I still want to be friends Leon. I'll still draw the art I promised you. I don't want to lose your friendship Leon.
[2:01:45 AM] Leon carrot cat: Nope
[2:01:58 AM] Fenrir: ....Leon...
[2:02:01 AM] Leon carrot cat: but hey thats what i get for adding someone i dont know
[2:02:05 AM] Fenrir: Leon, I'm sorry.
[2:02:32 AM] Fenrir: You know I didn't want to hurt you...
[2:02:53 AM] Leon carrot cat: well ya did
[2:03:09 AM] Fenrir: I'm sorry I did...
I never mean to hurt anyone...
[2:03:31 AM] Fenrir: I still want to be friends Leon...
[202 AM] Leon carrot cat: piss off you cant just say you love somone then pull that shhit just because they said "**** off" all cuz you made him mad ;I
[226 AM] Fenrir: ...Leon...
[215 AM] Leon carrot cat: T_T what
[207 AM] Fenrir: I'm sorry I did what I did. I shouldn't have led you on. I only hope you can forgive me.
[225 AM] Leon carrot cat: Forgive you
[239 AM] Leon carrot cat: thats the las t thing i'll do in 67 years
[202 AM] Fenrir: ...Okay...
[217 AM] Leon carrot cat: scratch that 67 year part
[220 AM] Leon carrot cat: I WILL NEVER
[226 AM] Leon carrot cat: forgive you
[249 AM] Fenrir: ...Okay. I can respect that desicion.


And you know what?
I. Feel. Great.
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3879    
Old June 9th, 2013 (2:57 AM).
Mana's Avatar
Mana Mana is online now
Team LeaderCS
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
It's hard to find a way to distract yourself. I would hang out with friends and do things that don't remind me of her. I play skyrim. Water my garden. Read a book. You know?
Getting out in general might help in the past I've found the best thing to do is to detach myself from what I would normally contact my ex on.

So I would go out without my phone, or watch a film without my laptop on, little things like that to stop checking up on things constantly.
__________________
  #3880    
Old June 9th, 2013 (3:07 AM).
tnfsf11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
You can always find yourself something to do that takes up time & makes you committed to it, like getting a job, applying for a course, or going training (playing any sport or just going to the gym)...
You'll be occupying your time & in the same time benefiting from it! Whatever you do don't "sleep it off", it'll make you lazier & make you tire easily.
  #3881    
Old June 9th, 2013 (4:57 AM).
Inkblots's Avatar
Inkblots Inkblots is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMisfit View Post
I'd like to join. :3 I saw this thread yesterday and fell in love with it. I am a strong believer in equal rights, as well as joined the It gets better project a few years ago. People can be kinda harsh when it comes to this sort of thing. Sorry for the short message, but I'm not good at introductions xD
Hello! That's cool that you were part of the It Gets Better project. Do you mind telling us your gender and/or orientation? (seems to be kind of traditional to start things off that way, haha ) If there's no label that suits you, feel free to just describe yourself as best you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
This is how the second break-up went.
Spoiler:
[2:30:27 AM] Fenrir: [1:41:13 AM] Leon carrot cat: hi
[1:41:38 AM] Fenrir: Hi
[1:41:55 AM] Leon carrot cat: :iyou have to say h first from now on :I
[1:42:06 AM] Fenrir: Okay. Why is that?
[1:43:45 AM] Leon carrot cat: cuzi feel ****ing special ._.
[1:44:26 AM] Fenrir: Hm?
[1:46:37 AM] Leon carrot cat: ._>
[1:46:49 AM] Fenrir: Umm...
Alright?
[1:46:59 AM] Fenrir: I'm still highly confused...
[1:51:22 AM] Leon carrot cat: You have to say "Hi" to me first ._.
[1:51:33 AM] Leon carrot cat: weh i or you code offline
[1:52:03 AM] Fenrir: I understood that...
Why do you feel special?
[1:52:32 AM] Leon carrot cat: cuz
[1:52:38 AM] Leon carrot cat: ifeel loved
[1:52:46 AM] Fenrir: Mhmm...
[1:53:18 AM] Leon carrot cat: >:I
[1:53:28 AM] Leon carrot cat: you dont love me?
[1:53:37 AM] Fenrir: I love you.
[1:53:49 AM] Leon carrot cat: <_<lier
[1:53:52 AM] Leon carrot cat: <w<
[1:53:57 AM] Fenrir: Umm....
[1:54:10 AM] Fenrir: To be honest, I never expected to get back with you Leon.
[1:54:17 AM] Fenrir: I just wanted us to stay friends.
[1:54:22 AM] Leon carrot cat: ..
[1:54:27 AM] Leon carrot cat: wellfine then
[1:54:37 AM] Fenrir: Sorry...
[1:55:05 AM] Leon carrot cat: t(T_Tt) to think i liked you
[1:55:11 AM] Fenrir: Sorry...
[1:55:56 AM] Fenrir: Leon, don't do this. I just wanted to be friends. I never expected a second chance from you Leon. I'm sorry if I hurt you though.
[1:58:46 AM] Leon carrot cat: Leon carrot cat has shared contact details with Fenrir.
[1:59:20 AM] Leon carrot cat: you ****ing said yes andyou do this
[2:00:01 AM] Fenrir: I'm sorry....
I'm really sorry...
But, when you told me to **** off, and that I pissed you off a lot, I thought that you didn't like me back...
[2:00:14 AM] Leon carrot cat: now i trust you as far as i can throw you >: |
[2:00:54 AM] Fenrir: I still want to be friends Leon. I'll still draw the art I promised you. I don't want to lose your friendship Leon.
[2:01:45 AM] Leon carrot cat: Nope
[2:01:58 AM] Fenrir: ....Leon...
[2:02:01 AM] Leon carrot cat: but hey thats what i get for adding someone i dont know
[2:02:05 AM] Fenrir: Leon, I'm sorry.
[2:02:32 AM] Fenrir: You know I didn't want to hurt you...
[2:02:53 AM] Leon carrot cat: well ya did
[2:03:09 AM] Fenrir: I'm sorry I did...
I never mean to hurt anyone...
[2:03:31 AM] Fenrir: I still want to be friends Leon...
[202 AM] Leon carrot cat: piss off you cant just say you love somone then pull that shhit just because they said "**** off" all cuz you made him mad ;I
[226 AM] Fenrir: ...Leon...
[215 AM] Leon carrot cat: T_T what
[207 AM] Fenrir: I'm sorry I did what I did. I shouldn't have led you on. I only hope you can forgive me.
[225 AM] Leon carrot cat: Forgive you
[239 AM] Leon carrot cat: thats the las t thing i'll do in 67 years
[202 AM] Fenrir: ...Okay...
[217 AM] Leon carrot cat: scratch that 67 year part
[220 AM] Leon carrot cat: I WILL NEVER
[226 AM] Leon carrot cat: forgive you
[249 AM] Fenrir: ...Okay. I can respect that desicion.


And you know what?
I. Feel. Great.
Sorry to be blunt, but I gotta say, from where I'm standing... Leon's kind of being an ass, and extremely immature. You admitted you were wrong, you tried to apologize, and he shot you down. If one of my friends behaved like that, well... I'd be the one letting them come back to me, not the other way around. People who handle disagreements and misunderstandings like that just aren't worth the frustration.
  #3882    
Old June 9th, 2013 (8:29 AM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
Sorry to be blunt, but I gotta say, from where I'm standing... Leon's kind of being an ass, and extremely immature. You admitted you were wrong, you tried to apologize, and he shot you down. If one of my friends behaved like that, well... I'd be the one letting them come back to me, not the other way around. People who handle disagreements and misunderstandings like that just aren't worth the frustration.
Oh no, that's fine. That's what a lot of my friends told me too.
Now I'm just like, whatevs, I still respect him as an artist and a person and stuff and if he can't do the same back at the very least, then that's his problem, not mine.

And the reason I feel great, is because I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3883    
Old June 9th, 2013 (8:45 AM).
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
C'mere, brat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
Sorry to be blunt, but I gotta say, from where I'm standing... Leon's kind of being an ass, and extremely immature. You admitted you were wrong, you tried to apologize, and he shot you down. If one of my friends behaved like that, well... I'd be the one letting them come back to me, not the other way around. People who handle disagreements and misunderstandings like that just aren't worth the frustration.
YES. This is EXACTLY what I was about to say. Leon just seems like an immature ass to you here. He does not deserve the sympathy and patience you gave him, but you did. That was noble.

I do hope he understands how stupid he sounded eventually though.

I really do hope that this goes well for you though. There is always someone out there dude.
  #3884    
Old June 9th, 2013 (11:43 AM).
Kura's Avatar
Kura Kura is offline
twitter.com/kuraberrym
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Posts: 11,024
I think you both were being immature. Fenrir, you moved too quickly before thinking about -everyone's- feelings in the situation, and Leon was hasty as well.
Right now it's all high drama because it just happened, but I say give it time to cool down, then if you want Leon back in your life as a friend, then approach Leon again explaining that the feelings were all new to you, and you had no intention of hurting him. Of course right NOW he won't listen because you just probably broke his heart a little, and emotions were going everywhere.
Everyone needs to cool off. No one was "more in the right" than the other. Just looks like it is a big mess to me- people jumping from one partner to another is always going to be a bit messy.
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #3885    
Old June 9th, 2013 (4:07 PM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I think you both were being immature. Fenrir, you moved too quickly before thinking about -everyone's- feelings in the situation, and Leon was hasty as well.
Right now it's all high drama because it just happened, but I say give it time to cool down, then if you want Leon back in your life as a friend, then approach Leon again explaining that the feelings were all new to you, and you had no intention of hurting him. Of course right NOW he won't listen because you just probably broke his heart a little, and emotions were going everywhere.
Everyone needs to cool off. No one was "more in the right" than the other. Just looks like it is a big mess to me- people jumping from one partner to another is always going to be a bit messy.
I see what you mean, I totally understand.
I'll give him some time, I'll give myself some time, and we'll see if he wants to be friends later on.
If anything, I still respect him as an artist.
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3886    
Old June 10th, 2013 (1:08 PM).
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
C'mere, brat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
I see what you mean, I totally understand.
I'll give him some time, I'll give myself some time, and we'll see if he wants to be friends later on.
If anything, I still respect him as an artist.
As an artist? Why only respect him as an artist?
  #3887    
Old June 10th, 2013 (4:25 PM).
Dreg Dreg is offline
Done after the GT.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,500
Can I join? I used to be Asexual, but now I'm a Genderqueer, and I believe in equal rights for all. Hopefully I will be active enough.
  #3888    
Old June 11th, 2013 (3:36 AM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
As an artist? Why only respect him as an artist?
Because, he's a pretty good artist.
And the fact that I'm pretty sure that's the only shred of respect he has for me is an begrudging artist's respect.

Kinda like how I've got these two friends and they hate each other, but they respect each others massaging skills.
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3889    
Old June 11th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
C'mere, brat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
Because, he's a pretty good artist.
And the fact that I'm pretty sure that's the only shred of respect he has for me is an begrudging artist's respect.

Kinda like how I've got these two friends and they hate each other, but they respect each others massaging skills.
To me though that makes no sense. Just respect him anyway. You don't have to only respect him because he is an 'artist' just respect him and wait patiently for his replies, be kind to him and expect the same back and eventually he will respect you back.

If you want to become friends with him again, you can't JUST respect him as an artist.
  #3890    
Old June 11th, 2013 (12:26 PM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
To me though that makes no sense. Just respect him anyway. You don't have to only respect him because he is an 'artist' just respect him and wait patiently for his replies, be kind to him and expect the same back and eventually he will respect you back.

If you want to become friends with him again, you can't JUST respect him as an artist.
Mhmm. I derped cause I didn't know there was a meaning behind that question. XP
I thought you were just asking why for the sake of asking. :I

But... I'll give that a try.
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3891    
Old June 11th, 2013 (4:01 PM).
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
C'mere, brat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
Mhmm. I derped cause I didn't know there was a meaning behind that question. XP
I thought you were just asking why for the sake of asking. :I

But... I'll give that a try.
I just hope you guys can go without conflict. I really understand how it is to be in that sort of situation and honestly it sucks not having someone forgive you. If you kill them with kindness they will at first think of you the same as they did before but then come to realize that you only want to be friends.
  #3892    
Old June 11th, 2013 (4:13 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Fate
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,593
So, I'm going to randomly pop in now.

First off; well, sorry to hear about your boyfriend and . . . your other boyfriend(?), Fenrir. (Lol)

Also, all the crap that I posted before that was happening that kind of really sucked is pretty much over now. Granted, my ex's parents are now preventing me from speaking to or seeing him, so it's not completely over.

And, lastly, I'm a bit sad that school's over. My crushes on other guys decided to start randomly developing a bit more towards the end of the year, lol. I'm crushing on three guys. One is a Sophomore, one's a Junior and one's a Senior . . . but the Senior is graduating and moving to go to college, so I won't ever really get the chance to talk to him. Out of the three guys I'm crushing on, he's the one I'm crushing on the hardest. He also probably doesn't realize I exist. I kind of wish I had joined the track team now, because it was the only sport that I had been considering before, and now that I realized that he was on it I figure that it might have been a way to get to know him. >.>; It's pointless to regret that, though, especially considering I was in a relationship for most of the year. Oh, and he was also the only one of the three that I wasn't sure of being completely straight. I've been told that he's definitely into women, but that it's possible he's bisexual, lol.

My crush on the Junior is pretty minor, but I'd still like to stalk try and approach him next year and be friends. He has a girlfriend, and I know a girl that's, like, best friends with his older sister, so she confirmed for me that he's completely straight. As for the Sophomore . . . he was in my Biology class all year, and he sat next to me for the second half of the year. I've had a crush on him since the beginning of the year, but I was able to pretty much forget about it while I was in a relationship. After I stopped talking to my ex so much, my crush on him decided to grow and it became a bit agonizing to be sitting next to him. >.>; Lol. I know him the most out of the three guys I'm crushing on (considering I don't actually know the other two that well, and they probably don't even know my name. . . .) and I know that he's straight. He didn't realize I was gay until last week when he asked me if I had a girlfriend. Lol

Random fun fact: all three of them are in a musical ensemble, lol. They're all really good at it, too. @_@;
The Senior can sing, play guitar, paint, is an excellent athlete on the track team . . . he's annoyingly good at everything, lol.
__________________
A burdened heart sinks into the ground
A veil falls away without a sound
Not day nor night, wrong nor right
For truth and peace you fight
Sing with me a song of silence and blood
The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
Can no one hear my cry

Embrace the dark you call a home,
Gaze upon an empty, white throne
A legacy of lies,
A familiar disguise
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone
In the white light, a hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Waking dreams fade away,
Embrace the brand-new day
Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
Lost in thoughts all alone


In endless dreams, countless realms collide
Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
But all dreams come to an end,
Just whispers on the wind
Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
Endless dawn came but not without a price,
Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
I think of you, all alone
  #3893    
Old June 11th, 2013 (8:31 PM).
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
C'mere, brat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
So, I'm going to randomly pop in now.

First off; well, sorry to hear about your boyfriend and . . . your other boyfriend(?), Fenrir. (Lol)

Also, all the crap that I posted before that was happening that kind of really sucked is pretty much over now. Granted, my ex's parents are now preventing me from speaking to or seeing him, so it's not completely over.

And, lastly, I'm a bit sad that school's over. My crushes on other guys decided to start randomly developing a bit more towards the end of the year, lol. I'm crushing on three guys. One is a Sophomore, one's a Junior and one's a Senior . . . but the Senior is graduating and moving to go to college, so I won't ever really get the chance to talk to him. Out of the three guys I'm crushing on, he's the one I'm crushing on the hardest. He also probably doesn't realize I exist. I kind of wish I had joined the track team now, because it was the only sport that I had been considering before, and now that I realized that he was on it I figure that it might have been a way to get to know him. >.>; It's pointless to regret that, though, especially considering I was in a relationship for most of the year. Oh, and he was also the only one of the three that I wasn't sure of being completely straight. I've been told that he's definitely into women, but that it's possible he's bisexual, lol.

My crush on the Junior is pretty minor, but I'd still like to stalk try and approach him next year and be friends. He has a girlfriend, and I know a girl that's, like, best friends with his older sister, so she confirmed for me that he's completely straight. As for the Sophomore . . . he was in my Biology class all year, and he sat next to me for the second half of the year. I've had a crush on him since the beginning of the year, but I was able to pretty much forget about it while I was in a relationship. After I stopped talking to my ex so much, my crush on him decided to grow and it became a bit agonizing to be sitting next to him. >.>; Lol. I know him the most out of the three guys I'm crushing on (considering I don't actually know the other two that well, and they probably don't even know my name. . . .) and I know that he's straight. He didn't realize I was gay until last week when he asked me if I had a girlfriend. Lol

Random fun fact: all three of them are in a musical ensemble, lol. They're all really good at it, too. @_@;
The Senior can sing, play guitar, paint, is an excellent athlete on the track team . . . he's annoyingly good at everything, lol.
How cool. You can see them again next year. Seems like the senior is a bit of a forbidden fruit, though. :(
  #3894    
Old June 12th, 2013 (4:48 AM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 9,055
So I return!

At this point I've been away so long that if I were to go back and read what I've missed I'll be there forever, so I'm going to cut my losses and just move forward. The whole ordeal is over, I'm fully back now so yay!

Though I do bring with me a reminder that as gay rights get pushed forth in so many awesome countries, other countries aren't so lucky.

(Also if anybody joined the club while I was gone and their name isn't on the member list, let me know on my profile )
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

  #3895    
Old June 13th, 2013 (3:10 PM).
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
C'mere, brat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
So I return!

At this point I've been away so long that if I were to go back and read what I've missed I'll be there forever, so I'm going to cut my losses and just move forward. The whole ordeal is over, I'm fully back now so yay!

Though I do bring with me a reminder that as gay rights get pushed forth in so many awesome countries, other countries aren't so lucky.

(Also if anybody joined the club while I was gone and their name isn't on the member list, let me know on my profile :))
Did you hear about Russia banning teaching kids that homosexuals exist? :(
  #3896    
Old June 13th, 2013 (7:27 PM).
Inkblots's Avatar
Inkblots Inkblots is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 171
Okay, I hate to veer off topic, but I just need to vent to real people, even if nobody responds.

So, I work at a small store with what's essentially a skeleton crew of three other employees (including my boss). Being on shift with my boss is always a bit awkward, but I mean, he's a good guy, so I don't mind too much. The other two I've actually started to consider friends, which is huge. It takes me a long time to start to think of someone as a friend.

And then the one guy, who I like working with the most, goes and gets himself fired for doing something that's not only against store policy, but is freaking illegal. And I don't want to get into what he did just for privacy, but when I say that I never, EVER would have expected him to do something like that, it's a huge understatement. I mean, he's been working there the longest other than the manager. He's the guy who's always drilling into us "Don't do this, it'll get you fired," or "Don't do that, you can get fined." And on top of that, telling us how to take precautions to make sure nobody can ever accuse us of doing those things (like making sure to be in front of a camera when doing certain things, and if possible, having another employee act as a witness). And out of the three of them, he's the one I would want to be there to have my back if something went catastrophically wrong and somebody held up the store or there was a fire or something.

And my brain just can't even process this right now. It doesn't help that it just came out of nowhere, with no warning at all. My boss just texted me to call him when I had a minute a few hours after I got home, and told me he'd been fired. I mean, I closed with the guy yesterday. He was supposed to be on shift tonight a couple hours after I left. And I don't even have any way to contact him to find out what the hell happened. I could probably find him on Facebook, he has a fairly unique name, but it's just... what the hell would I say? I send him a friend request just so I can say "What the hell, man? What were you thinking? You're supposed to be Cool Trustworthy Guy, and you go and do this?"

I just keep hoping that it was all a huge mistake, that there was some kind of misunderstanding somewhere and he can have his job back, because I just can't imagine him doing that. And if it's true... God, I don't know. I just don't even know. I feel like somebody just punched me in the gut.

And to make matters worse, I'm now the most senior employee other than the manager. And I've only been working there two months. So that's fantastic. The store's already not reaching the (in my opinion) ridiculous goals head office keeps setting for us, which puts ALL our jobs in jeopardy. This is really gonna help.
  #3897    
Old June 13th, 2013 (7:33 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Fate
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,593
Inkblots, your story didn't turn into a sexy porno like I thought it was going to.

You have disappointed me.

(I don't know what the guy did, so I don't know what to say other than . . . that sucks, but good luck with getting through what sounds like an annoying and stressful job. :x)
__________________
A burdened heart sinks into the ground
A veil falls away without a sound
Not day nor night, wrong nor right
For truth and peace you fight
Sing with me a song of silence and blood
The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
Can no one hear my cry

Embrace the dark you call a home,
Gaze upon an empty, white throne
A legacy of lies,
A familiar disguise
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone
In the white light, a hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Waking dreams fade away,
Embrace the brand-new day
Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
Lost in thoughts all alone


In endless dreams, countless realms collide
Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
But all dreams come to an end,
Just whispers on the wind
Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
Endless dawn came but not without a price,
Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
I think of you, all alone
  #3898    
Old June 13th, 2013 (7:46 PM).
Kanzler's Avatar
Kanzler Kanzler is offline
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 5,737
Where do you work? Does it have anything to do with telecom? PM me if you're not cool with going public, but okay with talking about it privately.
  #3899    
Old June 13th, 2013 (7:55 PM). Edited June 13th, 2013 by Inkblots.
Inkblots's Avatar
Inkblots Inkblots is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 171
BlahIsSuck: It's a nation-wide electronics store. Sorry for being vague, but there's always that slim chance that somebody connected to what's going on in some way could read this, so...

Nakuzami: Thanks. It wouldn't be that bad of a job if we actually had enough employees to staff the store properly, but when you're in a small town at one of the smallest stores in a nation-wide chain, working with high-value product, are getting competition from a similar store a couple doors down and a big-box store across the parking lot, and being expected to do almost as much as the larger stores despite all that... Let's just say I'm really regretting taking the job, and while I'm grateful that I have a job, because I know a lot of people don't, I wish I could afford to leave, and have for almost a month. It was supposed to be a part-time job for a couple years while I get my freelance business established and study for my editing certification, but it's taking over my life, and I'm sick of it.
  #3900    
Old June 13th, 2013 (8:06 PM).
Kanzler's Avatar
Kanzler Kanzler is offline
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 5,737
Hey, spend more time with us in your off-time I suck at giving advice, so I don't know how stupid this is going to sound. You could turn this into something really resume-worthy, sticking it through shows you have persistence and meet adversity face to face. You didn't do anything wrong, the situation thrust itself on you, so I don't think anybody can judge you no matter how your performance turns out to be. But as an experience, I think what you're going through now certainly can be pitch-able. I know it's not a solution, but maybe you can look at it in a warmer light?

(all i care about is money >.<)
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:25 AM.