The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusoTrainer View Post
But by doing so it would just change the units, not convert them. I was told that the game has metric units avaliable, but they changed to imperial when translating the text to english.
The data's stored in decimal format (by which I mean, it's stored not as feet and inches, but as metres), although you'd still need some very basic conversion to actually use it as a decimal value, because, if I remember right, it's stored with 0x1 = 0.001 or something.

In essence, you'd need to nop the converter code (I don't know where it is, before you ask), and change the text. Finally, you'd have to "convert" the value into the actual final decimal value.

It's a lot of work, but not terribly difficult.
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
pokefreake

Is there a thread with tile sets from Emerald? I found them from FR, LG, R, and S, but not Emerald. Are Emerald's tile sets the same as RUby and Sapphire?
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Crimnor
» imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefreake View Post
Is there a thread with tile sets from Emerald? I found them from FR, LG, R, and S, but not Emerald. Are Emerald's tile sets the same as RUby and Sapphire?
Check this thread. Also, R/S/E tiles are pretty much the same (with some exceptions).
Attached Images
File Type: png T_SET_A.png‎ (35.2 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Synchronous
Hacking is moving to the cloud.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefreake View Post
It's also very easy to view the tilesets in AdvanceMap, then rip them out, if needed.
I believe that EliteMap provided Emerald tilesets?
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:13 AM
milkymew

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
When importing sprites in advance series click synchronise pallettes and it imports the pal without you needing to do anything. Sometimes it gives an error but you just do it again and it's fixed!
but i do click synchronise pallete, it still won't accept over 8 colors!

Username: milkymew
Partner Pokemon: Flareon

Titles:[None]
Tatum's PokePet

Fira the level 80 Typhlosion!
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:23 AM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkymew View Post
Are you sure it's just over 8 colors? Not exceeding 16 colors? Did you check in Photoshop or Irfanview?
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkymew View Post
Obviously you need to index it.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire

So, I made New Bark Town and Route 29.
They connect fine, there appears to be nothing wrong in A-Map.
I can move from Town to Route, but not form Route to Town.

Anyone know why?
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:50 AM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Obviously you need to index it.
Actually, he is using Wichu's Sprite Editor so no need to index it.
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Celebris
Unhatched Egg

Hi,
whenever I try open XSE editor I get "Run-Time Error: 380 Invalid property value". Nothing happens except this message. Editor won't open at all. I found on the internet and this forum many topics with questions about this, but no solution. I tried deleting settings.ini, but it didn't make any difference. Could anybody please tell what am I supposed to do to make it work or at least recommend topic with solution? Thanks in advance.
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
totodile493
Person

How do you understand what hex data means in Nintendo DS hacking? I mean, I assume the same could be asked for Gameboy hex editing. Basically, how do you get what Pokémon, items, etc. are based on these bytes? I want to "kick off" my Nintendo DS hacking and maybe create some programs.
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Crimnor
» imperishable

I believe this question belongs somewhere else but I'll give it a try anyway. Can anyone upload a copy of this please?
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

NEIN!
I don't have a copy, but a question. When I do trainerbattle 0x9, the game freezes when an attack is done. Why?

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:06 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by totodile493 View Post
How do you understand what hex data means in Nintendo DS hacking? Basically, how do you get what Pokémon, items, etc. are based on these bytes? I want to "kick off" my Nintendo DS hacking and maybe create some programs.
I'm not sure that anyone has done hex data research on the DS. Spikey-Ear'd Pichu has made a program for Map Editing, so he knows how to make programs with DS games at least.

Here are some threads in research and development for 4th gen hacking that I found:
HG/SS General Hacking
5th Generation Hacking

You might be able to find out for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebris View Post
Could anybody please tell what am I supposed to do to make it work or at least recommend topic with solution? Thanks in advance.
Did you put the .ini back in when you deleted it? If you did and it still don't work, just re-download it. Possibly from a different source.

Last edited by TweenyTodd; June 10th, 2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
kablam
Unhatched Egg

So upon opening the ROM I've been working on with Overworld Editor the message "Error 9 (Subscript out of range) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor" pops up and the ROM refuses to open. I have tried this with eight or so ROM's and it appears for some but no for others. What's going on?
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:03 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by kablam View Post
So upon opening the ROM I've been working on with Overworld Editor the message "Error 9 (Subscript out of range) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor" pops up and the ROM refuses to open. I have tried this with eight or so ROM's and it appears for some but no for others. What's going on?
You probably repointed the table or damaged the data in some way. Either way, you shouldn't be using OWERE. It is old. Use NSE Classic instead. It is built on OWERE's code and is 10x more stable and has more features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majesticz View Post
I believe this question belongs somewhere else but I'll give it a try anyway. Can anyone upload a copy of this please?
Google thethethethe's rom hacking weebly. There is a copy on his site.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; June 10th, 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Synchronous
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post

So, I made New Bark Town and Route 29.
They connect fine, there appears to be nothing wrong in A-Map.
I can move from Town to Route, but not form Route to Town.

Anyone know why?
This is most likely because you only did the map connection on one map. They don't synchronize, as a map connection is a property of a map, and not just a single value that dictates all maps.

You'd have to change the map connection on both maps in order for it to work.
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
kablam
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
You probably repointed the table or damaged the data in some way. Either way, you shouldn't be using OWERE. It is old. Use NSE Classic instead. It is built on OWERE's code and is 10x more stable and has more features.
So I've downloaded NSE Classic Source from here along with NSE 1.7.5.0 and have looked through both for instructions on set up etc but haven't found any there or in the original thread & attached guide that have helped. From my understanding, what I downloaded requires the .net framework 3.5 or higher. I have no idea what that is and also have no idea how the two files I downloaded work together to run NSE Classic.
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Synchronous
Community Supporter

Quote:
So I've downloaded NSE Classic Source from here along with NSE 1.7.5.0 and have looked through both for instructions on set up etc but haven't found any there or in the original thread & attached guide that have helped. From my understanding, what I downloaded requires the .net framework 3.5 or higher. I have no idea what that is and also have no idea how the two files I downloaded work together to run NSE Classic.
These are the downloads. Try to install the highest possible framework.

.NET Framework 4.5
.NET Framework 4.0
.NET Framework 3.5

A framework is a set of instructions that a computer can run on, and some programs are developed using instructions from a higher end Framework. This is either out of necessity, or just carelessness. I always aim to develop in 2.0, if possible. The lower the framework of an application, the better.

Also, the source code is only if you want to modify it and create your own version of the program. If you don't intend to do that, then don't worry.
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Crimnor
» imperishable

Quote:
Ignore the source, just delete it. NSE is written in C#.NET (never checked the source, could be another language) which is why it requires the .NET Framework (3.5) in order to run as intended.

You can download it here.

- ninja'd by DeltaSalamence :(
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Synchronous
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majesticz View Post
Ignore the source, just delete it. NSE is written in C#.NET (never checked the source, could be another language) which is why it requires the .NET Framework (3.5) in order to run as intended.

You can download it here.

- ninja'd by DeltaSalamence
Just checked, it's VB.NET 2008.
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Vicktor Black
Blaziken

Is there a way to make it where pokemon can never gain exp and to level them up you need an item?

Always keep an open mind!
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:36 PM
A Sunny Moo

Hello. Ages ago I used a Rom Extender tool but I can not find it anymore. Google is not getting me any results. I am pretty sure that I found it on these forums. This is for Gen III hacking.
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Wobbu
La Balena Galleggiante

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Sunny Moo View Post
Hello. Ages ago I used a Rom Extender tool but I can not find it anymore. Google is not getting me any results. I am pretty sure that I found it on these forums. This is for Gen III hacking.
XSE can expand ROMs, you can find it here.

Once you've downloaded it, open it and click File --> Open... and choose the ROM that you want to expand. After that, click Tools --> ROM Resizer --> Expand.
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSalamence View Post
This is most likely because you only did the map connection on one map. They don't synchronize, as a map connection is a property of a map, and not just a single value that dictates all maps.

You'd have to change the map connection on both maps in order for it to work.
Both maps are connected perfectly fine.

Sponsored Links