The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Who do you want for ~summery~ Pokemon of the Week?
4 21.05%
10 52.63%
5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Welcome to Pokemon of the Week! This week, we've got a theme of summer Pokemon! I've selected three Pokemon that are "summery" to choose from to decorate the forum splash for next week. Those Pokemon are...

Bellossom!

Lapras!

And Butterfree!

Feel free to post and discuss which Pokemon you prefer of the three! Remember, the theme is summer, so bear that in mind!

paired to crono
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

My favourite out of the three would probably be Lapras. It is quite a well designed pokemon with a useful Ice/Water typing and a very iconic theme of surfing.

The other two pokemon aren't my kind of thing, as Butterfree just looks creepy with it's freakish face and Bellossom isn't a very interesting Grass type.
Old June 9th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
As much as I think that Bellossom would probably fit the description of a Summer Pokemon the best out of the three, my vote has to go with Butterfree. It's been my favorite Pokemon for about as long as I can remember (part of the reason I'm rocking the Caterpie avatar/sig right now), so I'd love to see it as the forum's splash mascot next week.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: BUG // ROCK
Old June 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I will admit, Butterfree is probably my favourite starter-bugs (i.e. Butterfree > Beedrill, Beautifly, Dustox), but that doesn't say much. I actually quite like Bellossom as a grass-type as well - the way its wearing a little hula skirt probably makes it the most summery of the three.

But Lapras is hands down my favourite out of them three. Great typing, versatile movepool, great design, known for being friendly, actually saved my life in Silph Co. on my first play of LeafGreen too (I was down to 1hp on my starter, all others fainted) by taking me to the bed on floor 9. He also appears in cool locations - Silph Co, that cave in Johto, and appearing in the summer resort in Ranger, so maybe it is summery :)
Basically what I'm trying to say is Lapras >>>> Bellossom > Butterfree xD

EDIT: Dude, no poll?!
Old June 9th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

YO I'm crazy haha. I was rushin' when I made this thread. I'm going to edit in a poll right now! I'm so sorry guys! We're gonna laugh about this one day, I promise. lol

paired to crono
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I love all three of these Pokemon so it was hard narrowing it down to who I'd pick, but I decided to go for Butterfree. It's one of my fave Bug-types and still remains a classic fan favorite thanks to the famous Butterfree owned by Ash in the anime. It's also my fave of the starting bugs as well!

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old June 9th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
I'll have to go for Lapras, mainly because it's association with the ocean. Lapras also has that cool event in Union Cave and was used as transportation over the ocean for Ash & Co. during the Orange Islands episodes.

avatar soure | Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: BUG // ROCK
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Limerent
I can hear you.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
No, it's Winter in Australia! :D But for a summer theme I'd definitely want a Bellossom! It's flowers, sunshine, buttercups, rolling in the fields etc. That's more summer than Lapras, who is ice/water! Not summery at all! Butterfree is ok but I don't really like bugs that much :/ So Bellosson, it evolves with a Sunstone, summer is sunny!
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:35 AM
curiouslynathan

I'm going to go with Bellossom. This is completely based of the fact that I think it's got the best Gen II sprite out of the three. (Shallow I know, but oh well haha.)

alt of Curious.
Old June 10th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

I like Butterfree the most so I'm going to vote for that because I think it & Bellossom represent summer equally well.

I really like Lapras but it doesn't seem as appropriate.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old June 10th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Gotta be Lapras, I like it's type combination and it can be very versatile with moves. It also has pretty sturdy stats in comparison to the other two.

Old June 10th, 2013, 03:57 AM
SubVirus

I'm with Suicune. The poll is like comparing apples to oranges though. I'd pick Lapras before i'd even look at the other 2 considering type and stats alone.
Old June 10th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
It has to be Lapras for me. It's one of my favourite first gen pokemon.

Don't have much of an opinion on the other two.
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Elaitenstile
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
LaprasLaprasFTW

I think yes I'm with Lapras and I knew this as soon as I looked at the choices, not by other's comments lol. My fav out of the three, and a good Splash Pokémon (makes a loud splash!).

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

I think a lot of you are missing the point of the theme being summer Pokemon, tbh. It's fine if you prefer something in game, but you should also consider the theme. Granted, they're all summery Pokemon in my eyes (and to those that helped me decide on the three in the poll this week), but it seems like hardly anyone has taken the theme into consideration.

Anyway, while I think all three fit the criteria (Butterfree and Lapras are even in the Southern Islands mini-set, which is very summery!), I'm going to go with Bellossom. It just makes me wanna go to Hawaii for the summer and forget all my troubles...which would be great right about now, haha. ;( I've used it in Sapphire for uhhh something...some even idr which and I enjoyed it. Haven't used Butterfree in a while. And Lapras I'm using in White 2 now, and I was using it in my last playthrough of SS. Definitely my MVP. But as far as the theme goes, I think Bellossom suits it best to a t.

paired to crono
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:06 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't like any of them in particular, but I'd go with Lapras because it'd be soothing to sit on its back and surf out in the beach with it.

Old June 10th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I originally was just looking to see what this was, but decided to post because one of these is Lapras. :3

I think Lapras would be the most summery in my mind, not just because it's my username though. When I think of summer, I think of the ocean which is where Laprases are always found. It also kind of reminds me of Pokemon Ranger and Lapras surfing, and I think Lapras might be found somewhere in the Summer town? Though I can't remember very well, it's been a long time.

Also imo Bellossom and Butterfree remind me more of Spring because flowers and butterflies are related to spring n_n

Sponsored Links

Advertise here