• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Welp, time to list my final roster prediction before E3. Each series will be organzied horizontally like Melee's, since my vertical version was too awkward to work in terms of organizing each series into a theme like Brawl's:

Row 1: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, Wario
Row 2: Link, Zelda, Demise, Shiek, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Olimar
Row 3: Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede, Samus, Ridley, Pit, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Ice Climbers
Row 4: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer (Unova), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Marth, Ike, Ness, Lucas, Shulk
Row 5: Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Dillon, Non-Specific Action Figure, Wonderful 101, Snake, Sonic, Third third-party rep, Random Button

- I replaced Ganondorf with Demise, who is technically Ganondorf himself in his earliest incarnation, and I made Shiek a separate character because no concept art of Skyward Sword is known to exist for both her and Ganondorf (plus, it'll make little sense for me to use OoT Ganondorf, as Link and Zelda's SS incarnations do not wield the other pieces of the Triforce).
- I didn't add Palutena on the list in case Sakurai's modesty gets the best of him by not adding her to the roster.
- The Pokemon Trainer will use be Unova-based, so the series won't have too many Gen 1 reps, in fear of pleasing the genwunners, and because Leaf isn't considered as canon in the Pokemon storyline, so they can't use a gender swap option for Red, Brawl's Pokemon Trainer.
- I didn't add a third FE rep in favor of having Shulk somewhere on my roster, for he suits the theme of Row 4, which I call it the RPG row.
- N-SAF's inclusion is the result of his meme status from last year's E3, as well as this game's surprise character.

Responses are welcome.

Last edited:

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
I'll go over Pinkie's while i think of my own.

Row 1: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, Wario

This is probably the all the characters from the Mario/DK series that could go in this game. I could definitely see them all getting into the next Smash bros. However, I want Luigi to have a reworked move-set (and for King K. Rool to be awesome).

Row 2: Link, Zelda, Demise, Shiek, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Olimar

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they made Demise replace Ganondorf, as long as there was an alternative skin to make him look like Ganondorf.

Row 3: Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede, Samus, Ridley, Pit, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Ice Climbers

I love the idea of being able to play as Ridley, since Metroid really needs more representatives.As long as Samus keeps the ability to switch into zero-suit, i'll be happy. I don't know much about Takamaru, but his Nintendo Land mini-game was fun, so i guess it'd be a good way to spiritually bring him back. Finally Mach Rider seems incredibly hard to implement and would probably be unbalanced due to it being on a motorcycle for all of its attacks (which is the same reason i don't want any excitebike racers in it).

Row 4: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer (Unova), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Marth, Ike, Ness, Lucas, Shulk

They definitely need to put Shulk or a different Xenoblade character in Smash Bros, so those series can garner some more interest. And as for Pokemon Trainer I don't really mind if they change what pokemon they have.

Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Dillon, Non-Specific Action Figure, Wonderful 101, Snake, Sonic, Third third-party rep, Random Button

I'd much rather a different "ware" representative then Dillon, maybe Shantae? As for Wonderful 101, i'd rather there be 1-3 of the characters fighting along side eachother rather than all 101 (Unless of course you don't actually mean all 101 of them). For a third party character I could see Random Button being a top contender, although Megaman seems slightly more likely. As for Non-Specific Action Figure, let's just say he's going to be in the next smash bros one way or another

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I love the idea of being able to play as Ridley, since Metroid really needs more representatives.As long as Samus keeps the ability to switch into zero-suit, i'll be happy. I don't know much about Takamaru, but his Nintendo Land mini-game was fun, so i guess it'd be a good way to spiritually bring him back. Finally Mach Rider seems incredibly hard to implement and would probably be unbalanced due to it being on a motorcycle for all of its attacks (which is the same reason i don't want any excitebike racers in it).

Mach Rider doesn't have to be in his motorcycle all the time; he can be more like Ghost Rider from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, minus the fire-based moves. That's how I imagine his fighting style. Besides, Sakurai did plan to include him in the roster one day since the pre-Melee days from one of his interviews and responses.

I'd much rather a different "ware" representative then Dillon, maybe Shantae? As for Wonderful 101, i'd rather there be 1-3 of the characters fighting along side eachother rather than all 101 (Unless of course you don't actually mean all 101 of them). For a third party character I could see Random Button being a top contender, although Megaman seems slightly more likely. As for Non-Specific Action Figure, let's just say he's going to be in the next smash bros one way or another

Isn't Shantae not a Nintendo rep, but a third-party rep? I also hear that she's also a Capcom character, so it would be unfair if a third party company has more than one rep in the roster if they were to also include Mega Man. Of course I'm not going to include all 101 of them, that'll be absurd, but I do see the leader making it in over the rest of the team.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
So..I've never played a Smash Bros game before, but I'm still pretty hyped for the new game (will probably get the 3ds version). It'll be interesting to see how they adapt the game for a portable version. The thing is, they could implement 3ds exclusive content (like characters and stages) which would make people want both versions. But that would mean that there won't be any Wii U/3ds cross play like Sony's fighting game (forgot the name) has. Tbh I personally wouldn't care about that since I don't own a Wii U, but many people would want this.
About the new characters:My guesses would be Chrom and Lucina/Lissa from FE:A, 2-3 new pokemon (mainly from XY I think, that's a good way of promoting the game).
Layton anyone? :P

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Everyone should play a Smash game. ;) You can't go wrong with any of the three, but the general consensus is that Melee is the best one, and I agree.

But please god not TWO Awakening characters. Chrom polluting the game alone is bad enough, and Fire Emblem is not big enough for 4 characters so one of them got to replace either Ike or Marth, which is something I'm completely against and it would cause a negative reaction. It's completely crazy there are people who are actively rooting for Lucina to replace Marth. I'd honestly rather not see anything from Awakening, it's an awful entry to an otherwise a fantastic franchise. Ike and Marth are the perfect characters for the series, but unfortunately Chrom is definitely getting in. :/ Guess I have to deal with Mr. Bland in Smash 4 as well.

2-3 Pokemon is too much as well. Two is...probably likely if they replace one of the existing ones, but eh.

Shantae is not owned by Capcom. It is a third party, though.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
The announced new characters are Villager and Megaman.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Trailer is up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Wow. Amazing trailer, looks like the 3ds version has a different art style as the Wii U one.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Punch Out ring stage = Lil Mac as good as confirmed.

Villager looks awesome! Mega Man reveal was hype, too.
Pit has an Uprising moveset. Samus looks like she's based on her Other M appearance judging by the design and screenshot. Hope that means she's back being agile again, because she was super clunky and slow in Brawl.

main.png

THE BEST

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So far, the confirmed returing veterans are 7/8 of the original 8 default characters, Bowser, and Pit, and only 2 newcomers were confirmed: The Villager and Mega Man.

Looks like Sakurai wasn't kinding about having less newcomers than last time, so that's probably a reasonable number of newcomers revealed in the trailer, but that doesn't stop the guys from My Nintendo News from being underwhelmed by the trailer being inferior to Brawl's. Also, because of the new DKC game, new 3D Mario game, Samus' Other M design, an Uprising stage, and the confirmation of a Punch Out!! stage, my guesses are that Dixie Kong, Toad, Ridley, Palutena, and Little Mac are next in line as newcomers.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yoshi was one of the original 8 but he was not confirmed in the trailer. He's obviously gonna be in but I thought that was odd.

EDIT: woops misread

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm just wondering about the 1st Player mode. I really hope that if there's going to be a campaign, there will be enemies that will be specific to each franchise unlike Brawl which... pretty much had generic enemies. Other than that, I'm pretty stoked! ^^

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Saw new trailer. Rock Boy is so cute... uh, I mean cool. Yes, that.

If stages have a zillion songs per stage like Brawl did, and if the Wily Castle is a legit locale, please God, remix Wily Stage 1 from Mega Man 7 and Wily Tower stage 2 from Mega Man 8.
megabang.gif

Come to think of it, Danger Wrap would've been a funny weapon to include, if for no other reason than to annoy.

Back