The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Announcements

Notices

Community Announcements Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip View Post
Every Get-Together needs an Egg Swap. :mudkip;):

Haven't spoken to Nica about it yet but I'm sure she'd be up for co-hosting this with me. ^^
yeah i'm in/up for co-hosting it. this is all i intend to do for the get together though.
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:36 AM
AdmiralMcmuffin
Fong

Nature: Timid
How about a few COD playdates in the community or anything else?
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:19 AM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
A huge chunk of the Skype chats I've been involved in the past have centered around the Australian/NZ/Southern Hemisphere members and well, Bloodex doesn't live in a timezone where he can host a Skype call when we're most active. Usually Nica would do such a thing, but since she has since gracefully departed from the forum/the Get-Together as far as I know, I'd love to host the Skype call at the times when Bloodex is sleeping. I mean, he can't exactly be awake all the time, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Actually, according to my schedule, I just realized that I don't have school on Thursday the 4th. So I'm totally up for hosting Skype again this year. :D Yay for no plans that weekend!
I'd also love to co-host the Skype chats for this year, Dipu will be need someone in his timezone to help host, especially when he'll have to go AFK for a couple of times (doing other things and errands and stuff). And he and I could take turns while one of us takes a break.

Megan would be good for those in UTC/GMT -8 to 10 timezone areas whilst Harley would be good for his side UTC/GMT +12 to 8.

If any one of you objects or have something to add on, then I'm all ears~

I'm looking forward to this, since this is my first GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I've helped host a iSketch event before, so, maybe it can make a re-appearance this Get-Together? I can help host it again if that's the case~!

Also, speaking of video games maybe some sort of League of Legends event, or tournament? If people are into League of Legends, that is. I can iron out the idea.

If you're doing a retro gaming event, I can help with that too!

Going for the iSketch I'd love to co-host it with Shawn along with AWsquared , also just saying, a lot of people would love for it to be an event, and I'm pretty sure that it'll get tons of activity too~

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.

Last edited by YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias; June 10th, 2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd love to see a Yugioh tournament (either Duelling Network or YGOPro) being held for the GT, if that appeals to people? I was thinking either Match or Tag games, or possibly both depending on demand. I'd be more than happy to host it if people are interested enough to take part, but the big YGO fan base on here bodes well I think :)

(There may also be a potential ban on the T1 decks at the moment like ED/Prophecy which completely unbalance the game for other decks, but we'll base that on opinion)

Last edited by Major Ziggs; June 10th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:56 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
What an amazingly amazing idea. I'd do it at least.

That was in response to the post above me. In case that wasn't you know, incredibly obvious.

Old June 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Here's an alternate Minecraft suggestion: have a Creative map for people to build Pokémon-related things in (pixel art, models, buildings, whatever). It'd be open throughout the GT weekend, and the map be made downloadable afterwards.

I couldn't host it myself, but I think it's a nice alternative to a UHC event (it's the exact opposite of it, in fact).
Old June 10th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I looked through and notice that an icon/banner contest hasn't been suggested yet... I remember during the 2011 Holiday Hop we had one of those contests where users took stock images and made a banner or an icon based on the theme of winter. Could we have that again? :3
Fairy
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Here's an alternate Minecraft suggestion: have a Creative map for people to build Pokémon-related things in (pixel art, models, buildings, whatever). It'd be open throughout the GT weekend, and the map be made downloadable afterwards.

I couldn't host it myself, but I think it's a nice alternative to a UHC event (it's the exact opposite of it, in fact).
Well...Why not both?

This is something different, too.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:13 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twihiki_Amias View Post

Going for the iSketch I'd love to co-host it with Shawn along with AWsquared , also just saying, a lot of people would love for it to be an event, and I'm pretty sure that it'll get tons of activity too~

I didn't technically say I'd help host an iSkecth event, was just agreeing with Kura's suggestion of an oekaki/whiteboard event and said I might help host it if it becomes an actual event since Kura will be gone for most of the GT weekend. Though ISketch/o is pretty similar to an oekaki/whiteboard. I'm already co-hosting the Radio Nights with Dave (Antemortem) so I may or may not be able to help co-host the iSketch event or whiteboard/oekaki thing. Depends on my time.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
A chat with a whiteboard would be cool. Like the oldschool oekaki chatrooms that I still have links to some active ones that you can just make your own and join.

Like one of these:
http://www.takamin.com/oekakichat/us...?userid=491232

Unfortunately I wont be here to attend this get-together, as I will be on a mini vacation-adventure that weekend but hopefully others can have fun with it!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
I didn't technically say I'd help host an iSkecth event, was just agreeing with Kura's suggestion of an oekaki/whiteboard event and said I might help host it if it becomes an actual event since Kura will be gone for most of the GT weekend. Though ISketch/o is pretty similar to an oekaki/whiteboard. I'm already co-hosting the Radio Nights with Dave (Antemortem) so I may or may not be able to help co-host the iSketch event or whiteboard/oekaki thing. Depends on my time.
I gave the whiteboard/oekaki a spin for my money, and it's not bad, it's just that you need Java first of all and the Google translate plugin thing, since the whiteboard thing is in Japanese... It only translates the text in the page into English and the mechanic itself is wholesomely in Japanese... The interface is a bit like MS Paint, but like an really old windows 95 and below version. So I think people would want to use iSketch over the whiteboard/oekaki, since IS, requires only Adobe Shockwave installed in your computer, and most people shouldn't have a problem with that than more or so with the whiteboard/oekaki (has Java*). (Hope everything I said makes sense , typing this half awake...)

Anyway, you can just pop in whenever you like then, AWsquared. Ante will be needing you more, since the radio will be pretty busy and popular, he'd need it.

I'll be with my man, Miss Doronjo (SHAWN) with the iSketch AFTER he makes up his mind that it... xD

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:40 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'll like to volunteer for the small writing competition.
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
I would like to volunteer as a co-host for the Small Writing Competition as well, if you'll have me.

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.

Last edited by Cosmic Fury; June 11th, 2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
A huge chunk of the Skype chats I've been involved in the past have centered around the Australian/NZ/Southern Hemisphere members and well, Bloodex doesn't live in a timezone where he can host a Skype call when we're most active. Usually Nica would do such a thing, but since she has since gracefully departed from the forum/the Get-Together as far as I know, I'd love to host the Skype call at the times when Bloodex is sleeping. I mean, he can't exactly be awake all the time, lol.
Oh yee of little faith. =P

Anyway, pretty damn slow to respond to this, but thanks for volunteering to be co-hosts for Skype Chris, Megan, and Twi. My parents might be a butts about me being online all day so your assistance is appreciated. =D
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:36 PM
rebelxgirl

I leave town on the 6th [July] for the beach so I'd like to at least try to participate in something, maybe the raffle, before I leave town. I love PC, but I'm not sure I'll be spending beach time participating.

School & stuff is eating away at my life. PM me if you're interested in trading.

I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Working on my Vivillon collection. Need: Sandstorm, Monsoon, & Savanna
Offering: High Plains (3), Polar (1), Continental (1), Marine (1), & (3) Elegant & unlimited [native] Modern, + all the starters. I have Pokerus if you need it.

I sincerely apologize to anyone I had a trade or something set up with. I got really bad sick in the middle of midterms so when I got better I had to bust butt for school. Please forgive me.
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
I want to participate in the short story competition and movie Night.
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Autistic Lucario
Life is too short not to enjoy

Nature: Quirky
There are two events I'd be more than happy to host.

1: A livestream session where I will design 5 sound effects based on the five most popular requests from the people of Pokecommunity. If I cannot effectively synthesize a particular sound, I will select the next sound with the highest number of votes.

Each sound will be produced in up to three different DAWs (Digital Audio Workstation) and I may also answer any questions about sound design to the best of my ability.

The livestream will be hosted during the 7th of July, starting from 5 PM GMT (unless something comes up where I am unable to host the stream). I will provide a backup streaming time if necessary.

2: Starting on July 6th, I will post an essay about things such as:

The meaning of life
How I overcame depression and self-pity
An introduction to a new way of thinking
The 11 Forgotten Laws
Some of the greatest teachers on the subject of Self-Development and Living
My 15 favorite quotes of all time
My advice to those who are struggling emotionally

These subjects will each have their own post, possibly more than one, depending on their length. Please read this essay with an open mind, as some of it may be unusual to the average person, maybe even absurd. But to anyone who seriously wants to achieve anything past mediocrity, I suggest you take your time and study some of the information I've gathered over the last three years. You might just learn something valuable.

A Lucario named Zeke ventures into a forest one night and enters a portal,
then he enters a world where stealth, skill, and his neurological disorder will determine his fate.
This is not trainer vs trainer or pokemon vs pokemon, this is something greater. This is survival.

Credit goes to me
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
I would like to see a ROM hacking event where hackers could go and ask questions if they need help with something in their hack. Hackers could also go here if there are simply wanting to chat about their hack and get some good ideas about what to implement into their hack.
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:40 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
I would like to see a ROM hacking event where hackers could go and ask questions if they need help with something in their hack. Hackers could also go here if there are simply wanting to chat about their hack and get some good ideas about what to implement into their hack.
There's actually already a thread that's available 24/7 for everyone to use (which can be found here), so I think an event based on asking for help would be a little redundant. 8)
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:01 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic Lucario View Post
There are two events I'd be more than happy to host.

1: A livestream session where I will design 5 sound effects based on the five most popular requests from the people of Pokecommunity. If I cannot effectively synthesize a particular sound, I will select the next sound with the highest number of votes.

Each sound will be produced in up to three different DAWs (Digital Audio Workstation) and I may also answer any questions about sound design to the best of my ability.

The livestream will be hosted during the 7th of July, starting from 5 PM GMT (unless something comes up where I am unable to host the stream). I will provide a backup streaming time if necessary.

2: Starting on July 6th, I will post an essay about things such as:

The meaning of life
How I overcame depression and self-pity
An introduction to a new way of thinking
The 11 Forgotten Laws
Some of the greatest teachers on the subject of Self-Development and Living
My 15 favorite quotes of all time
My advice to those who are struggling emotionally

These subjects will each have their own post, possibly more than one, depending on their length. Please read this essay with an open mind, as some of it may be unusual to the average person, maybe even absurd. But to anyone who seriously wants to achieve anything past mediocrity, I suggest you take your time and study some of the information I've gathered over the last three years. You might just learn something valuable.
1st is fine, but 2nd, how will this include the readers? I mean it's great and all, but shouldn't a community event include everyone?

Old June 12th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Anglican
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
There was an event, I think, 2 years ago?, that I quite liked - it was a scripting event, where entrants posted a script and a video demonstrating it. Now, what I'd like to see happen, is an event like that. While I wouldn't be able to host it, if it was for RMXP or ROM hacking, I think it'd be cool to have an event where entrants code something and post it, and could be judged based on a number of different things.

However, on a similar note, one event that would be quite awesome, and one that I would be able to host, would be a Java coding competition, where entrants are required to code something related to one or more themes, and post the .jar code, a link to the source, and a video (optional, but screenshots required). Personally, I could see it as a way to broaden the scope of a lot of people in terms of game dev, as there are tons of games made in RMXP, but not nearly as many coded in another language, such as C or Java.
Old June 13th, 2013, 07:09 AM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Oh, looks like Skypes all taken care of. Well I'm here if I'm needed.

Suggestion: Pokecommunity One Hit Wonder.
The members will take event in writing a song of any genre, best song wins. Though the song has to happy rhythm (or not..) that will keep us tappn' our feet.

Old June 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Still looking for co-hosts for TF2 and/or Terraria ;3
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Since I have Team Fortress 2 now, I'd be more than happy to help co-host. But I am not certain since I may get Skype. But I am more than happy to be a back-up cohost if all possible. :)

CHASE ELLIOTT
enjoyillinois.com 300 winner | chicago, illinois | july 19, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

How about a Karaoke session via skype? o.o
That would be a ton of fun xD

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:54 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by KagamiChan View Post
How about a Karaoke session via skype? o.o
That would be a ton of fun xD
I'm not too keen on that because like Skype requires a money subscription to video chat lol

If you can find a way to get say, 8-15 people on board, then by all means do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglican View Post
There was an event, I think, 2 years ago?, that I quite liked - it was a scripting event, where entrants posted a script and a video demonstrating it. Now, what I'd like to see happen, is an event like that. While I wouldn't be able to host it, if it was for RMXP or ROM hacking, I think it'd be cool to have an event where entrants code something and post it, and could be judged based on a number of different things.

However, on a similar note, one event that would be quite awesome, and one that I would be able to host, would be a Java coding competition, where entrants are required to code something related to one or more themes, and post the .jar code, a link to the source, and a video (optional, but screenshots required). Personally, I could see it as a way to broaden the scope of a lot of people in terms of game dev, as there are tons of games made in RMXP, but not nearly as many coded in another language, such as C or Java.
I like the idea, but a couple things about the Java one.

First, Java/Ruby isn't easy to pick up in a hurry (it took me about a year to even get the concept of C, personally) like scripting and I don't think many others without any experience can either.

Second of all, I think RMXP and programs like that costs money, and I sure don't have any expenses to spare XD

So even though I would be willing to try it at least, I'm not too sure the less RH-oriented guys would be as willing.

Last edited by droomph; June 14th, 2013 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links