Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:49 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Advertise here
I can say safely I like most of the things I see at this point. There isn't enough information or info revealed to pick out anything I dislike so far except for probably Mewthree. Honestly, is it really necessary? I suppose one could say that we should give it a second chance, but honestly I see complete resemblance to Mewtwo. The only difference is, honestly it looks like Mewtwo's tail got moved to it's head and... that's all the difference I see to be honest. But I was a tad bit disappointed, I mean it looks average, I would of preferred if Mewtwo was dressed in it's armour forme like it was in the First Movie, but that's just me.

Other than that I have to say the game overall is looking impressive. I remember seeing vine swinging in there which would be fun if it was like in a forest, there could be all sorts of other obstacles in the game, like more puzzles maybe. Even if the vine swinging was just apart of a gym, I have to say the graphics look great. Honestly I don't mind the protagonist's designs and the possibility of rollerskates is also a cool concept.

I guess another disappointment however is Froakie. I mean the other starters are alright, Chespin was pretty cute and Fennekin was rather cool but Froakie I feel like it's a mini Seismitoad. It doesn't have that look of a starter and honestly, I guess I just didn't like the design. But yeah overall, X and Y are looking promising so far. n_n

it's a matter of time
before we learn to fly
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:57 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I do admit there were a few flaws but the major disappointment for me was the new Mewtwo form (which looks a bit odd compared to the original Mewtwo) and the early reveal of the games, plus the constant speculation of Sylveon's type.

I don't find any of the starters weird, not even Froakie. I think he's cute!

Also, I didn't like the male Trainer's design. He looked way too much like Hilbert to me.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
MetaRaptor
Unhatched Egg

Alright, where to start?
I really like the starters. Fennekin is cute, and doesn't look like it will Evolve into another Fire/Fighting Type. Froakie looks cool, and Chespin looks...original. But I like it.
I don't really like Xerneas. Doesn't feel like a Legendary to me. Yveltal is much better.
Sylveon is the most adorable Pokemon I've ever seen, and is by far my favourite Pokemon ever!
"Newtwo" is the worst part of Gen 6 for me so far. It kind of ruined one of my favourite Legendaries, and looks horrible on top of that.
So yeah, liking X and Y so far, even with "Newtwo".
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
  • The starters (minus Froakie, but that's not too bad either)
  • The female protagonist
  • Sylveon
  • The cultural influences we have seen geographically
Dislikes:
  • The new Mewtwo form (I just don't get it I guess. It's not the aesthetic either, as it looks pretty cool, I just don't get why we're taking a Pokémon so old and giving it a new form)
  • The male protagonist (Another Hilbert/Nate clone, ugh)

Other than that I'm not really swayed by too much else, as we haven't really seen enough yet!
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
Honestly I do not really like Generation 6, even though I'm a fan of the newer Gens.

I don't like Froakie, Sylveon, the two Mascots and especially Awakened Mewtwo. I do like the other two starters though. For "Newtwo", I just don't like it's limbs and also the fact that its tail is shifted to its head. I know GameFreak is trying to sort of please the Mewtwo fans, but in the end the design did not turn out as good as expected. I just kind of feel that they are just dumping new formes to the older legends.

Also, I don't really like the male protagonist's design, looks too Hilbert-ish to me...

There may be huge changes in this Gen, but we still have to accept it though...

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Since there isn't too much information so far i can't say that much, but here it goes:

Likes so far
- The Starter Pokemon designs
- New design of battles
- The fact it's (supposedly) based on Europe
- The 2 mascot legendaries, especially Yveltal!!
- Seems there are going to be rollerblades? :D

Dislikes/Disappointments so far
- Mewtwo's new forme (just looks weird to me)
- Male Protagonist design, too "classic"

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Silver Ice
Into the night...

Nature: Calm
Oh man, where to start.

Well, I guess I'll start with the most logical: starters. Err.... they're alright but I'm disappointed overall. Fennekin is decent. Nothing I really hate about it, yet nothing I like either. Chespin is just not clicking with me. I admire GF for going for something very different in terms of Grass-type starters. Prior to Chespin, they were all reptilian. Now they're going mammal. However, I'm not impressed. It reminds me too much of Pachirisu, and those buck teeth... ugh. Also, I don't like the brown color. It's too dark, I think it would have looked better if it was a lighter brown, or maybe a golden color. And Froakie, oh gosh Froakie. Terrible. I usually always prefer the water type starters, but Froakie has broken the trend. Do I really need to explain why I don't like Froakie? Sigh... well at least we still have evolutions to look forward to! I have a feeling Froakie's evolution line will be pretty cool, so I may end up choosing Froakie after all. But for now if I had to choose, it would be Fennekin.

I also am not impressed with Sylveon. Its design is too cutesy and it doesn't look cool at all. I don't mind the pink, but the huge light blue eyes and the bow (it has some kind of bow or something... or maybe I'm just seeing things. I've only seen Sylveon like three times, so maybe I shouldn't be criticizing it, but still) just ruin it for me (for ME, I'm not saying nobody will like it but I sure don't). Also, I really hope they don't introduce a new type now. I think the 17 we have are good and adding a new one might make things complicated. We'll see, though.

And finally, the new Mewtwo form. It's ugly and looks like it belongs on Dragon Ball Z.

But, I will give Gen. VI one thing. The Legendary Mascots look awesome. I love Xerneas and Yveltal!

I'm excited for new information and I'm sure that for every poorly designed Pokemon, there will be an awesomely designed Pokemon to make up for it.

I take no credit for this banner, my avatar, or my profile picture!
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:53 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Not sure if this thread is dead now (it says four weeks...) >_<. Hope not.
Anyways I really like all the new features they're adding. This generation is shaping out to be what Generation 5 promised but never was.
Stand for Life
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here