The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Might really be a subtle hint at it, or maybe they just appear in the same area??
Either way, I'm super excited and hyped for october!!

Can't wait to see what other "old" pokemon get the new fairy type
Well, it's called a horde. So it's not just pokemons that live in the same area.

Also, the Fairy Flower pokemon is SO awesome. Probably, one of the most creative pokemon in a long time.
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:05 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Hope so, Gen 5 felt empty to me due to it's lack of a similar system.
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
At this point in time compared to Black and White, I much prefer the look of this new Generation with it's new features, characters and Pokémon.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:13 AM
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'm not digging Furabebe the flower Pokemon. The fact it carries the flower for the rest of it's life is weird to me. Shishiko reminds me way too much like Shinx,but it's sort of cute. Kofukimushi and Kofuurai are really cute, I'm liking Vivillon as a evolution family.

Also Sana's like the most adorable thing ever.

Gen VI has left a much better impression on me than Gen V did. I'm loving alot of the new Pokemon and features and graphics so far.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
I'm not digging Furabebe the flower Pokemon. The fact it carries the flower for the rest of it's life is weird to me. Shishiko reminds me way too much like Shinx,but it's sort of cute. Kofukimushi and Kofuurai are really cute, I'm liking Vivillon as a evolution family.

Also Sana's like the most adorable thing ever.

Gen VI has left a much better impression on me than Gen V did. I'm loving alot of the new Pokemon and features and graphics so far.
Well in some legends and in modern media fairies have been depicted living in flowers, so it makes some sense that it's always with it's flower as it's its home per say.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Everything looks so freakin awesome..!
An interesting thing that i noticed is this pic..

Miltank and Tauros live together in a horde..Does this hint at the much speculated common pre-evo ?
I felt the same way about this, especially since the games calls it "a horde of Tauros" when Miltank is sitting right there with them. Maybe they're officially a family and like in most languages, the plural of the species is automatically stated in masculine form when a male is present.

Anyway, we've already seen 3 Fire-Typed Pokemon and they are all promising. We finally have a proper lion Pokemon! The flower fairy is cute too. I'm excited to see what other kinds of flowers it'll be seen holding and if it get and evolution. Also, I wanted another Poison-Type to be confirmed as I always get worried that my favorite type will get ignored like it does with ever new wave of Pokemon.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Community Supporter

I'm hoping we'll get some more evolutions of past Pokemon as so far we only have Sylveon...
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm hoping we'll get some more evolutions of past Pokemon as so far we only have Sylveon...
I think their main priority is to get the new Pokémon revealed that haven't been seen before and that are being introduced in this generation, in a couple of months I'm sure we will start to see the evolutions of previous generation Pokémon.

Old June 12th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haza View Post
I felt the same way about this, especially since the games calls it "a horde of Tauros" when Miltank is sitting right there with them. Maybe they're officially a family and like in most languages, the plural of the species is automatically stated in masculine form when a male is present.
I would guess that hordes are either specific to certain Pokemon (like swarms) and have specific unchanging configurations or that they take the name of whichever Pokemon makes up the majority of the horde.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:24 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Doesnt her shirt look like a gothitelle?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post

Well, there are bows, but that's probably because she's supposed to look younger than the player characters.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

I'm intrested in what the 2nd eeveelution will be.

Following the pattern, a second eeveelution would be expected.

2nd gen, 4th gen, both of them got two new ones.

And now one has been revealed for 6th gen. 2, 4, 6... See where this is going? All of those are divisiable by 2. If the pattern continues, then we will get one more for the 6th gen.

Additionally, the released eeveelutions have been counterparts to each other - By this I mean, typing wise, one was superior to the other. Umbreon > Espeon, Glaceon > Leafeon...

It would really depend on what other strengths or weaknesses that the Fairy type will have though, since all we know is that it's strong against Dragon types. And while a dragon typed eeveelution would be awesome, I don't really see that happening.

Logically, we can assume that the Cleffa line will be a fairy type too. And given some of the rumors mass spectulation on how Clefable and Gengar were related, I'd assume that the Fairy type would be strong or weak against the ghost type.

This would mean that the next eeveelution could be a ghost type... Which, when we think about how the final evoutions of dragon and ghost types look, would make a lot more sense then a dragon type eeveelution.

Come play Runescape
Old June 12th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Just because the past two generations have provided eeveelutions in pairs doesn't necessarily mean it will this time, I think that with X and Y introducing just one type having an eeveelution represent this type is a great way to start it off. Having one eeveelution for this generation seems much more reasonable IMO.

Old June 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

It might not happen but still... We can't deny that the pattern exists and has, so far, been proven possible.

Then again, we also had a pattern of one gen per console and 5th gen ruined that so... meh. This though would have, without Sylveon being announced, created another pattern - New eeveelutions every other console - Starting on the GBC, skip GBA, DS... Well actually... this pattern could apply too because of the DSi, now that I thinks of it. With 5th gen being compatable with the DS and DSi, we could say that the DSi was skipped over since 5th was a DSi exclusive...

Then again, I'm proably just looking to deep into things.

Speaking of looking to deep into things...

Umbreon, a Dark Eeveelution, came out in Gen 2 - when the Dark type was announced. It's counterpart was Espeon, and typing lead it to Umbreon being strong against it. It isn't a pattern yeah, but still... Another case that shows that a 2nd eeveelution is possible. And now that I thinks of it, this would have a Dragon eeveelution being the most likely. Dark was released to give another counter to Psychics, and we got a Dark and Psychic eeveelution, so... with Fairy (so far) being released as another counter to Dragons...

Come play Runescape
Old June 12th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
I'm intrested in what the 2nd eeveelution will be.

Following the pattern, a second eeveelution would be expected.

2nd gen, 4th gen, both of them got two new ones.

And now one has been revealed for 6th gen. 2, 4, 6... See where this is going? All of those are divisiable by 2. If the pattern continues, then we will get one more for the 6th gen.

Additionally, the released eeveelutions have been counterparts to each other - By this I mean, typing wise, one was superior to the other. Umbreon > Espeon, Glaceon > Leafeon...

It would really depend on what other strengths or weaknesses that the Fairy type will have though, since all we know is that it's strong against Dragon types. And while a dragon typed eeveelution would be awesome, I don't really see that happening.

Logically, we can assume that the Cleffa line will be a fairy type too. And given some of the rumors mass spectulation on how Clefable and Gengar were related, I'd assume that the Fairy type would be strong or weak against the ghost type.

This would mean that the next eeveelution could be a ghost type... Which, when we think about how the final evoutions of dragon and ghost types look, would make a lot more sense then a dragon type eeveelution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Just because the past two generations have provided eeveelutions in pairs doesn't necessarily mean it will this time, I think that with X and Y introducing just one type having an eeveelution represent this type is a great way to start it off. Having one eeveelution for this generation seems much more reasonable IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
It might not happen but still... We can't deny that the pattern exists and has, so far, been proven possible.

Then again, we also had a pattern of one gen per console and 5th gen ruined that so... meh. This though would have, without Sylveon being announced, created another pattern - New eeveelutions every other console - Starting on the GBC, skip GBA, DS... Well actually... this pattern could apply too because of the DSi, now that I thinks of it. With 5th gen being compatable with the DS and DSi, we could say that the DSi was skipped over since 5th was a DSi exclusive...

Then again, I'm proably just looking to deep into things.

Speaking of looking to deep into things...

Umbreon, a Dark Eeveelution, came out in Gen 2 - when the Dark type was announced. It's counterpart was Espeon, and typing lead it to Umbreon being strong against it. It isn't a pattern yeah, but still... Another case that shows that a 2nd eeveelution is possible. And now that I thinks of it, this would have a Dragon eeveelution being the most likely. Dark was released to give another counter to Psychics, and we got a Dark and Psychic eeveelution, so... with Fairy (so far) being released as another counter to Dragons...
When Sylveon was releases it was being advertised as the only Eevee Evolution this time around. According to the movie short, every Eevee form is in it. There are only 8 evolution present in the movie. It could be bad translation, since we aren't getting the movie that showcases both the new Mewtwo and Sylveon for maybe six plus more months after next month.

Based on what we currently have, there is only one Eevee Evolution this generation.
Old June 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Same thinking how good this new game will be, a new Eevee Evolution would be cool.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old June 12th, 2013, 03:06 PM
NeoSpeedFreak

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post

It's going to be like R/S/E? She's maybe a new Wally.
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSpeedFreak View Post
It's going to be like R/S/E? She's maybe a new Wally.
I think She and the other two are the new main rivals. Maybe the Girl and Guy pick the same Pokemon and the third person picks what's left. Leaving the other NPC Character to pick either your choice or the third choice, then the unused PC and one of the supposed rivals disappears only to show up to talk every so often or at story points leaving you to battle with your opposite gendered rival and the other guy.
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

The other guy has a Vanillite on his Shirt..... just a fun little tidbit.

Old June 12th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
When Sylveon was releases it was being advertised as the only Eevee Evolution this time around. According to the movie short, every Eevee form is in it. There are only 8 evolution present in the movie. It could be bad translation, since we aren't getting the movie that showcases both the new Mewtwo and Sylveon for maybe six plus more months after next month.

Based on what we currently have, there is only one Eevee Evolution this generation.
That's true. I'm hoping it's a mistranslation though, as I want a Dragon Eeveelution especially since Fairy is strong against Dragon just like how the other pairs had one strong against the others Jolteon>Vaporeon>Flareon, Umbreon>Espeon, and Glaceon>Leafeon. It would be Sylveon> Dragon evolution.
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:28 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Just by gleaning at the Roundtable recap, here are my opinions/speculations on what some Pokémon may get:
-Clauncher gets Swords Dance (just like Krabby and Corphish, its crustacean counterparts), and while I think that it may have the Attack to use it effectively, the same may not be said for its Speed.
-Just by looking at Gogoat's HP meter, it may be a bulky attacker (my estimate for its base HP may be 110, but I could be wrong).

Old June 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Community Supporter

I hope that Clauncher is faster than it's crustacean counterparts, or at least if it has an evolution it'll be fast.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Just by gleaning at the Roundtable recap, here are my opinions/speculations on what some Pokémon may get:
-Clauncher gets Swords Dance (just like Krabby and Corphish, its crustacean counterparts), and while I think that it may have the Attack to use it effectively, the same may not be said for its Speed.
-Just by looking at Gogoat's HP meter, it may be a bulky attacker (my estimate for its base HP may be 110, but I could be wrong).
I'd love to see Clauncher have good Speed, since the last two crustacean Water-types were pretty slow. But still it looks like it will have good potential with Crabhammer and Swords Dance, can't wait to see what other moves it gets.

Gogoat looks like a bulky Pokemon that can take hits, and then dish out damage, and I do hope it gets some strong attacks, plus Horn Leech helps ensure survivability thanks to the free healing.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

I wonder how they're going to make 8 direction navigation work. That seems to go against physics, unless diagonal movements take 1.4 times the amount of time to move horizontally or vertically.
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Maaaan.....this game is going to be so different than what we are all used to, in some pretty major ways. I just hope that the fanbase doesn't go postal with it. This franchise needed some good ole' change, and I won't be one of the kids complainin' about it right off the bat. Now, if there is some major ridiculousness going on with the story or mechanics that defy acceptance, then you better bet I will take it to the message boards, haha!

I think we could compare what is about to happen to Final Fantasy's transition to 3D, possibly. Very interesting....

Sponsored Links