The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Bulbasaur start with Solar Beam to match the Manga?
Yes 2,938 88.92%
No 366 11.08%
Voters: 3304. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2013, 07:57 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ath Angel View Post
Thanks for working on this. There have been some failed attempts in the past, and as it doesn't appear that Nintendo will do the bright thing and turn this into an anime, a rom hack is the next best thing. You seem to work pretty quickly, too. I tried it out, but will play more extensively once Beta 3 is out. I wish I could find a GBA flash card, though, so I could play this on the go. They seem to be extinct as far as my searches are concerned.

Anyway, I suggest you don't spend time replacing the pokemon voices. I always thought the anime pokemon name-voices were silly (perhaps an attempt at marketing to hammer in each Pokemon's name to the child audience or to save trouble on voice acting animals), and the manga appears to give them more natural sounds like in the game.
Thanks for the support. Don't worry, replacing the voice was just something I thought of before I even began, and I don't have any plans to implement it at all. Even if I do, it would be the last thing I would do.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 07:39 PM
SSsquirtle
Unhatched Egg

How do I get to LT. Surge's gym to get the Sacred Ash?
Old June 3rd, 2013, 01:58 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Looks very impressive. :) I've always wanted to do a manga-based hack and yours looks very well done. I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but there are quite a few grammar and spelling errors I can see just from looking at the screenshots.

For example, in this picture, instead of "What are you doing!" it should be "What are you doing?!", you've spelled thief as "Theif", Pokémon needs the proper "é", and using three exclamation marks looks really odd. other than the errors, it looks very good though, and I'd love to give it a try after you release beta 3, good luck! ;)
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:27 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Looks very impressive. I've always wanted to do a manga-based hack and yours looks very well done. I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but there are quite a few grammar and spelling errors I can see just from looking at the screenshots.

For example, in this picture, instead of "What are you doing!" it should be "What are you doing?!", you've spelled thief as "Theif", Pokémon needs the proper "é", and using three exclamation marks looks really odd. other than the errors, it looks very good though, and I'd love to give it a try after you release beta 3, good luck!
K, thanks, will fix it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSsquirtle View Post
How do I get to LT. Surge's gym to get the Sacred Ash?
There's a invisible pathways near the sign.

Last edited by Aethestode; June 3rd, 2013 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 09:58 PM
Evil 4 Life

keep up the good work and don't you dare give up!
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:02 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil 4 Life View Post
keep up the good work and don't you dare give up!
Lol, definitely won't give up.
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
This has become the 2nd fav hack for me cant wait beta 3 i hope it plays well on gameboid
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:44 AM
GozetaGX
Just a passerby Trainer.

I hope beta 3 have tons of Update XD

Old June 5th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just started hunting mew chapter.
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-...3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpp...3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Sceptylos
Saint

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Sceptylos
I am inlove with this game, one question though should I continue training my team for the Beta 3 or will it restart my save file? I'm not sure how updates with roms work.

Edit: Got bored and trained up anyway, but last question, will Saur evolve after fighting that Primeape? Right now I'm making it hold an Everstone to keep it from going through that annoying evolution screen but I noticed everyone else lets theirs evolve

Last edited by Sceptylos; June 5th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old June 6th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just finished Hunting Mew arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptylos View Post
I am inlove with this game, one question though should I continue training my team for the Beta 3 or will it restart my save file? I'm not sure how updates with roms work.

Edit: Got bored and trained up anyway, but last question, will Saur evolve after fighting that Primeape? Right now I'm making it hold an Everstone to keep it from going through that annoying evolution screen but I noticed everyone else lets theirs evolve
Well, you see the purpose of beta is to really let people test out the game. S new beta release, I often go back and change some events around, or repoint the flags. It's not like you can't continue off from your previous save file, but it might become very buggy and glitchy.

AS of now, you bulbasaur will evolve to Ivysaur at a normal level. It doesn't affect the story elements (since the events changes depending on certain pokemon in your party). However, starting from beta 3, Ivysaur wouldn't be able to evolve to Venusaur through leveling up.

Last edited by Aethestode; June 6th, 2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:49 PM
sevig

when will beta 3 be released
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevig View Post
when will beta 3 be released
it's released in June 16th
Old June 9th, 2013, 07:21 AM
boredxazn
Unhatched Egg

I just beat lt surge but i didnt get a gym badge or anything. Also where do i get a bike? I cant seem to leave vermillion city.
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Starting the Porygon chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredxazn View Post
I just beat lt surge but i didnt get a gym badge or anything. Also where do i get a bike? I cant seem to leave vermillion city.
a) U dont get gym badge when defeating Surge
b) Are you playing Beta 2?
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

Last edited by Aethestode; June 10th, 2013 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

5 more days for beta 3 im so excited
Old June 11th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Sasuke Uchiha
The Avenger

Nature: Brave
I Don't Want to Sound Dumb Or Anything but how do you use the ips file??

Old Username:RedPhoenixMaster

Old June 12th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenixMaster View Post
I Don't Want to Sound Dumb Or Anything but how do you use the ips file??
You download an app for windows called Lunar IPS and you patch a game (ROM) with an ips file by using the Lunar IPS app
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nearly finished with NINETAIL Chapters. I'll try to finish ERIKA GYm before beta 3 is released.

Old June 13th, 2013, 06:05 AM
mgracer48

I am going to bookmark this , it seems pretty cool but i never watched the managa or whatever xD
Old June 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Okay people, I really appreciate the support, but please don't send me pm about how Beta 1 have more glitch than Beta 2. It's Beta 1 for a reason.

Anyways, Just started the Cycling Road Chapter.

Old June 13th, 2013, 08:57 PM
GozetaGX
Just a passerby Trainer.

2 more days....Can't wait X3

Old June 15th, 2013, 08:37 PM
NobodyAdam
Unhatched Egg

I love you. But before I play I think I'm going to reread the manga, it's been awhile. And I'm a little confused, how far does it go into the story? Is it done with some bugs, tiles and some other smaller things that need adjusted.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Dillonnn

Nature: Quirky
Dude, it's the 16th. Awesomeeee :D lol
I started re-reading the manga because of this hack and i have to say, it's been a total rush of Deja Vu (:
Can't wait !
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just uploaded Beta 3!!

Remember to patch in a clean rom, and start a new save file if you don't want any glitches.

I'm sorry if Beta 3 doesn't have as much update, but I was very busy with uni and plannin the trip. So hope you guys are fine with that!

PLEASE READ THE FAQ to be aware of some severe freeze glitches, and ways to prevent it from happening.

Also, don't forget to show your support by liking the videos on Youtube. 1 like really makes the thing I'm doing, worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyAdam View Post
I love you. But before I play I think I'm going to reread the manga, it's been awhile. And I'm a little confused, how far does it go into the story? Is it done with some bugs, tiles and some other smaller things that need adjusted.
Beta 3 goes from Lavender Town to the end of Tails of Ninetale chapter. I fixed most of the glitches from beta 2, but I'm not surprise if beta 3 would have new glitches. Tiles have been fixed, but I still didn't get the chance to fix the sprites. I wanted to redo Red and Green's sprite, but I didn't have the time.

Last edited by Aethestode; June 16th, 2013 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links