The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Battling & Team Building

Notices

Battling & Team Building The forum designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! Here you can battle, discuss, participate in events, receive help on your team, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 6th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Zeffy
artificial one-eyed ghoul

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy

Advertise here
Uhm, yeah the server is currently down. I hope it isn't something on my end though.
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Seems to be up again! o_o though that was posted quite a while ago but...yeah!
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Forever
let it go

since wolf is offline,

The Pokemon of the Day is now elekid!
This Pokemon will be guaranteed to show up in random battles.

^

EDIT: today it's kricketot!

Last edited by Forever; June 14th, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
GUYS IMPORTANT QUESTION

I asked Wolf about bringing back some of the old seasonals and he said yes, but we need to decide on which ones. Personally I'm voting for last December (fatties and Presents <3), but if there's one you want particularly then please mention it :)
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Powalen

Yes I agree I want the december battles back. I believe they were called Winter Wonderland seasonals!

Old June 19th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Aslan
the pretender

WINTER SEASONALS OMG OMG OMG

In other words I really want the Winter Seasonals back. <3
Old June 20th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Powalen

Also bring back the April Fool's ones with the cool sprites :D. They were full of hax, but were so fun.

Old June 20th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
READ THIS IMPORTANT BULLETIN:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/news/june2013attack

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old June 20th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Forever
let it go

wolf is ded so potd is Xatu :)
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Starry Windy
... min?
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
This server is down, until Rukario and the others update this server again. But it's for our own good, because it's related to the announcement which Pachy told earlier.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr

Last edited by Starry Windy; June 21st, 2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:07 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Yo! So we have some unfortunate news. The Battle Server had to be temporarily shut down until further notice as we can contact either Wolflare or PPN as the server needs to undergo a mandatory update (or else it'll stop working). Don't fret though guys, the server should be back up and running by the time update is complete. I cannot, however, assure of you of when that would be done, but it won't be too long. The server is probably going to be down until midday-afternoon EST or something, at the very worst.

In the meantime though, for those of you who are familiar with IRC, you can hang out with us at our IRC Replacement (yes, that is a link) until things get back up! Thanks for bearing with us! :3

Last edited by Zorua; June 22nd, 2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Powalen

Server is back up and running!

Old June 24th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Forever
let it go

Wolf died so to srinator's wishes, it's (POTD, that is) Scizor today!
Old July 2nd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Just wanted to put this here.... it has come to the staff's attention that maybe there are people that are taking things in the chat more seriously than they should. And that's not healthy. Not really. We understand if you're sensitive and whatnot but...do keep in mind that we joke around with each other a lot! We like to poke fun of each other, things of that nature. These are things that are meant to be taken in jest.

It's just kind of saddening when someone takes the chat so seriously and the environment just so happens to be otherwise. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the chat like everyone else, really. Don't worry about "fitting in" or anything like that. You will naturally if you just act crazy like the majority of our regulars, it's not a hard thing to do at all.

Anyway, that's about the shortest I can make this post so yeah. n_n
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
wolf
on reduced activity

Don't forget to follow this rule as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
— Do not openly oppose a staff member's actions.
You may ask to stop being muted or kicked via private message, but please do not bring it into the chat. If you are having issues with a staff member, privately contact Forever, Wolflare, and/or the staff member involved. Message the aforementioned users to appeal disciplinary action or report power abuse.
Complaining about it in the main lobby makes you out to be a drama queen.

pc battle server • skype: awolffromspace • avatar source
Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Powalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Just wanted to put this here.... it has come to the staff's attention that maybe there are people that are taking things in the chat more seriously than they should. And that's not healthy. Not really. We understand if you're sensitive and whatnot but...do keep in mind that we joke around with each other a lot! We like to poke fun of each other, things of that nature. These are things that are meant to be taken in jest.

It's just kind of saddening when someone takes the chat so seriously and the environment just so happens to be otherwise. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the chat like everyone else, really. Don't worry about "fitting in" or anything like that. You will naturally if you just act crazy like the majority of our regulars, it's not a hard thing to do at all.

Anyway, that's about the shortest I can make this post so yeah. n_n
I just wanted to add on a little to this because this has been somewhat a problem lately.

While 90% of the time anything that happens in the chat is our userbase just joking around, there are times where a member feels the need to troll and harass another member. If you feel like this is happening to you please PM a mod about the situation so it can be dealt with. Lately when this has been happening the user being trolled or harassed has been bringing the issue up in the main chat and that is a bad idea. Reason being is, if the other person isn't actually harassing you, but joking around they can and will get offended by your accusations leading to an argument in the main chat which quickly makes for a toxic environment. Also bringing it up in the main chat provokes the user that is doing the trolling and lets them know that they are winning because they are upsetting you. PMing a staff member makes this situation MUCH easier to deal with and is the appropriate way to go about it. This also applies for PM harassment. DO NOT post logs of PM harassment in the main chat, but rather PM them to a mod so a mute or ban can be put into place, as bringing this up in the main chat also degrades the chat and is completely unnecessary as only staff can help with the situation.

Old July 4th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

YO

there's been a slight change to our disciplinary system.

Basically, if you break a rule, mods can choose to do one of two things:

either "warn" you (of which im sure a lot of you know about already)

or,

redirect you to what we call the "dark alley". either is the same, and it's kind of like putting someone in a time out if you break rules and stuff.

that's all. n_n
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Powalen

There has been a slight change affecting Pokemon of the Day(POTD). The Pokemon selected will now last 3 days instead of just one. This makes things much easier and makes the POTD itself much more special.

The first Pokemon this will affect is Jellicent <33333333333333333333

everyone enjoy!

Old July 15th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Starry Windy
... min?
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
This server have a new feature, called /tell, thanks to TalkTakesTime who implement this! Tell feature will deliver the message to the recipient user, even if that user away. The message that you sent this way will be delivered once the recipient types anything in this server! This is how you do it:

Quote:
/tell (username), (message)
Please note that you cannot include a comma in the message itself.

And... besides of this, if you see the + besides the Lobby room tab, if you click it, we could select the room of your choice, which makes rooms like RatedArrgh is accessed easier!

Enjoy these new features, folks!
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr

Last edited by Starry Windy; July 16th, 2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

New command "dexsearch"

Heres an example of what it does:

[18:56:43] +TalkTakesTime: !dexsearch blue flare, turboblaze
Reshiram

If there's a lot of results it'll show this

[19:05:07] +srinator: !dexsearch quick attack
Swellow, Necturna, Genesect, Virizion, Terrakion, Pidgeot, Rattata, Raticate, Accelgor, Fearow, and 105 more. Redo the search with "all" as a search parameter to show all results.

Quote:
/dexsearch [parameter], [parameter]
To show all results do

Quote:
/dexsearch [parameter], [parameter], all
Edit: For this ^ you can only use it with "/" as it will get kind of spammy. The first one should be able to broadcast.

Last edited by Ace.; July 16th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:04 PM
wolf
on reduced activity

Previous post:

Spoiler:
A slight modification has been made to the admin and leader ranks. Nica and I decided to make the admin rank exclusive to the server host and PC's higher staff, while the leader rank is now a rank for users that are chosen to "lead" the server. This change better represents who is in power and was mostly done for aesthetics.

LC Randbats are now available! Thanks to Antemortem (...I think it was him anyway) for making the list of LC Pokemon so I could put them in the team randomizer scripts.

pc battle server • skype: awolffromspace • avatar source
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Antemortem
it's the end of all things

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
We totally need special seasonal/yearly events akin to the Smogon Premier League, PO's Pokemon Champions League, etc. You know, something official that people can work toward when it comes around as a break from all the miniature, member-hosted tournaments. I feel like a big, official event would be really fun, especially since those tend to draw more people (typically the majority of the competitive memberbase, since there's PRIZES, and FAME, and GLORY waiting at the end of the dark tunnel)!

y/y?? :3c
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Powalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
We totally need special seasonal/yearly events akin to the Smogon Premier League, PO's Pokemon Champions League, etc. You know, something official that people can work toward when it comes around as a break from all the miniature, member-hosted tournaments. I feel like a big, official event would be really fun, especially since those tend to draw more people (typically the majority of the competitive memberbase, since there's PRIZES, and FAME, and GLORY waiting at the end of the dark tunnel)!

y/y??
Definitely going to support this and wouldn't mind helping organize this. I feel that the traditional tourneys do get stale after so long and an event of this magnitude would be more meaningful and I feel a lot more people would be out to participate. Great Idea~!

Also, I would like to see the BC DCC make a return. I know that people were reluctant about it, but now with a new generation approaching with many changes to the competitive scene about to take place, I feel that this could be something that would work nicely.

Last edited by Powalen; August 26th, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Agreeing on a yearly battle event. I'm definitely up for it. As far as the BC DCC goes, I believe that did make a return at one point, but it only got about 4 or 5 replies. If people really want the BC DCC to make a return, then they have to make that commitment to regularly post there. In a sense, the battle server already replaces the DCC, if you look at it that way.

However, I do agree with Chase that the new generation could spark some interesting discussion indeed. Discussion surrounding X/Y's metagame could be held in the DCC. Then again, they could also be held on the server. Is it worth it to detract activity from the server to make a DCC in BC, considering you can discuss whatever's in the DCC in the server also? I don't think it's a huge risk, and I think it's something that can possibly work out, but it's a possibility nonetheless.
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
Any serious attempt at a yearly battling event should include a single elimination standard (official tier, no gimmicks) tournament for "PC's best battler" bragging rights. Assuming people still play the major Smogon tiers--I wouldn't know.

As for the DCC, it seems like it would be irrelevant now. It could conceivably promote some vague idea of "discussion" but the whole point of a DCC is very loose and casual interaction and that doesn't mix well with Pokemon discussion. At its best, Pokemon discussion is made up of well thought-out in-depth posts the put certain ideas forward...like a good discussion about anything, really. It is compelling because of its detail, and it gives rise to disagreements that lead to people learning and revising their outlooks on things. This is all nice but is antithetical to the idea of a casual discussion. No one wants to engage in what basically amounts to Pokemon small talk--just look at some of the "discussions" that amount to posts like "offense is my favorite style" or "dragons rule!" They fill space in a forum that resembles a former heavyweight champion now in his seventies living off of social security, but does anyone actually enjoy these things or get anything out of them? Unless the discussions are more intellectually intense, they almost certainly aren't worthwhile or at least can be done better on the server where they are less contrived and more likely to be filled with some organic humor and maybe a dash of spontaneous insight.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, it could very well just be a place for actual small talk but there is a server for that, and for better or for worse, that's basically the direction it has been going for years. It seems like it would be unnecessary. It was added back in the day to make the forum more casual (back when it wasn't), but now that has been achieved--and then some. In a vacuum, I really like the idea of a DCC now that people aren't running around like a bunch of jerks, but it probably wouldn't serve a purpose now. If anything, a daily serious chat would be more unique. lol.

~wolf: defeated every lead except elf :>
d_a-bread house: what about metagross
~wolf: ok that too
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here