The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:31 PM
LyokoGirl5000
Lyoko Princess

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
I have a permanant Berry Glitch in my Sapphire. I've changed the battery and updated the berry program and it's still there. One day, I got sick of it and started a new game, set the time to ten minutes before midnight, grabbed my Action Replay and went to Lilycove to do the lottery. I got there at five to midnight and did the lottery, waited seven minutes and did the lottery again. It appears the glitch is confined to my save game as a new game fixes it. I'm not surprised as I've messed with Action Replay and gotten two bad eggs in that save file.

What's the weirdest glitch you have ever had?
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
You know the old cloning process you could do with Silver and Gold version?
Where you like deposit a pokemon into a box but turn the game off during the saving process so it will keep a pokemon in your party but also depositing it into your box as well? Well. I dun it one too many times with a Chansey. Next thing I know every pokemon I had in that box disappeared and the next time I turned on my game the save file corrupted.

MORAL OF THE STORY!
To get a little head you need some bread.
Don't cheat.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Hidden Power

I never went into any glitch nor ever tried to find any of them.
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Years ago, I ended up dropping my Crystal cartridge on some pavement. I had about 200 pokemon in the game overall, and I had over a hundred hours of playtime, so I was praying that nothing had happened to it. When the gameboy came on, the intro was a little glitchy, but I was able to load up my save just fine. My party was alright, but when I checked my PC boxes, all my pokemon had been....spliced or something. I had a caterpie with whirlwind, a magikarp with crazy moves like flamethrower, and so many other pokemon with unlearnable moves. Other than that, my game worked fine.

The good thing about all of it was that I could use those glitch Pokemon in Pokemon Stadium 2! Seeing my Golem use fly was something else.
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:12 PM
lmcde22

Not really that weird but I used the cloning glitch on Emerald like 500 times and ended up with all my boxes filled with Zubats but i had a HEAP of masterballs cos i cloned him while holding it. Needless to say, no Pokemon ever escaped me again.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
I witnessed Pokemon sex changes. I was playing DPPt (I can't remember which exactly of the three, but it was one of them) and Lucas started off with a female Chimchar. I was mad cause you know, female starters are harder to come by. But THEN. When I battled alongside him in Jubilife City...it was male. What happened there? I think I blogged about it on here too, haha.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I witnessed Pokemon sex changes. I was playing DPPt (I can't remember which exactly of the three, but it was one of them) and Lucas started off with a female Chimchar. I was mad cause you know, female starters are harder to come by. But THEN. When I battled alongside him in Jubilife City...it was male. What happened there? I think I blogged about it on here too, haha.
I remember Marriland going through the same thing in his Diamond and Platinum videos. There is that chance of Lucas/Dawn's starter being female in the catching tutorial but afterwards its official gender is classified as male. I always laughed at that sometimes when I witnessed it in a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum playthrough.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I don't remember how I got this to happen, but in my Gold version, whenever I deposited a Pokemon in box 7 or 8 (can't remember anymore), the Pokemon would glitch. Most of the time, it would remove letters from the OT. My OT was BRIAN, and it kept turning the OT of the deposited pokemon into IAN and AN. One time, I deposited something and got a level 100 Hitmontop. That was the only way I got a Hitmontop in GSC, haha.
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Romaov
Orra

Pokemon Diamond I swear I used a masterball on dialga IT DIDN'T CATCH.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
This sounds like the perfect circumstances for some creepypasta to be born

So in Crystal, if you choose the male character, restart and choose the girl, save but turn it off as it is saving, then you will be a male character with a blue overworld pallate. It will last until you lose a battle. And it works vice versa. I swear.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
One of the glitches I remember coming across on Yellow was having my Pidgeot get stuck in the air against Agatha. I believe what had happened was one of her Pokemon confused my Pidgeot, and then I decided to use Fly. While Pidgeot was on the second turn of Fly, it hurt itself in its confusion, and never came down. I remember I was still able to Sky Attack while stuck up in the air, and her Pokemon couldn't attack me. I eventually had to use Fly again (Pidgeot came back down) since Sky Attack ran out of PP, but it was neat being immune to Agatha's attacks for 4 or 5 turns.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I remember once I was playing my Platinum and was training my togetic. I entered a battle and after the black screen had gone the box appeared on the screen with no words in it. After I reset the game and entered another battle the same thing happened.

so I got a Glitchy Togetic
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:17 AM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
The cloning glitch in Gold and Silver probably. In Gold and Silver if you deposit a Pokemon into a box, then switch boxes, and then turn the power off in the middle of the saving process before switching boxes, you will have a clone of the Pokemon you deposited. I'd take advantage of this glitch by cloning Pokemon I really wanting to have second versions of , mostly legendaries. My friend would also use the glitch to clone Lugia from his Silver and he would trade them to me so I could sue them on my teams to beat the E4. Never really got a legit Lugia in my Gold version, lol.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
The cloning glitch in Gold and Silver probably. In Gold and Silver if you deposit a Pokemon into a box, then switch boxes, and then turn the power off in the middle of the saving process before switching boxes, you will have a clone of the Pokemon you deposited. I'd take advantage of this glitch by cloning Pokemon I really wanting to have second versions of , mostly legendaries. My friend would also use the glitch to clone Lugia from his Silver and he would trade them to me so I could sue them on my teams to beat the E4. Never really got a legit Lugia in my Gold version, lol.
That's how I got my army of level 100 Snorlax's
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:30 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
I've used an AR code to get bad eggs out of my PC boxes; at least one such code replaces them with a Mew. Later, I learned that this code was randomly replacing some of my prize breeding stock with Mews; from then on, I decided to use Pokégen to delete the bad eggs manually.

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:36 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
Second weirdest glitch? Well, a picture is worth a thousand words...
Attached Images
File Type: png violet-city_cutoff.png‎ (12.4 KB, 50 views) (Save to Dropbox)

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:34 PM
R.F.
totally human

Nature: Calm
Way back in Pokemon Blue I got the idea of training a Rhyhorn, so I went to Cerulean Cave (since it's the best training spot) and leveled it up. Mostly I withdrew him, since his level was so low, except for Chansey (since it's easy to beat with physical attacks and brings a ton of EXP). Everytime a Chansey appeared, I left him out to finish it of.

After a while I got stuck in another battle with a Chansey, which had used Minimize. I wanted to check Rhyhorns stats and went into the menu. After I checked how much EXP he needed I returned to the battle and found myself in some weird graphical glitch:

The sprites of Rhyhorn and the minimized Chansey had switched places and the "enemy Rhyhorn's" sprite was glitched. I got scared and switched out for Blastoise but the enemy sprite kept unchanged, so I fled from the battle.
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:17 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Probably DPBox. I obtained it intentionally with an AR on Diamond version. That was pretty cool.

I don't think I've encountered any other glitches, though. Aside from cloning via GTS glitch.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; May 30th, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old May 30th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
The weirdest glitch I've experienced would be when I first activated glitch dimension by pure accident in Gold Version nearly 10 years ago. I had placed my Game Boy color down on a table hard enough that it caused the game to reset itself, and glitch dimension appeared. It scared me at first, but then I liked it how I was able to navigate the dark caves without the use of Flash. That's when the glitch came in handy!
Fairy
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:03 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
It happened to me recently. PLaying MD: Gates to infinity and fighting Kyreum in the final battle and he just froze all of a sudden. Like he was paralyzed but he was normally status immune. I did take advantage of that.
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:57 PM
The_Consumer

The weirdest one, which arguably isn't weird all that weird, was when I cycled really fast from Eterna Forest straight into Eterna City and the Eterna City music did not load up.

It was quite unsettling, as I thought the music fro Eterna City would never load up again, and I <3 that music...
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
i tried tweaking in my pearl once but it just ended up freezing the game and i didnt want to tamper with it any longer since there was a risk of losing my save file and it was too important to be deleted. other than that using honey on a pokemart and items names not showing up is pretty weird too though that only happens in diamond and pearl.
Old July 4th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Battleman

the weirdest glitch i have ever experienced would be on my pokemon ruby. i had got to the part where i have just earned my starter pokemon (treecko all the way) and i have to battle may. i had saved the game in route 101 where i received my starter. i then turned off and didnt play pokemon ruby for almost a year. after looking through my stuff i found ruby so i was curious as to whereabouts i was in the game so i loaded up my save file. as soon as i appear on route 101.
professor birch is being chased by a zigzagoon / poochyena but theres another prof birch standing on the jump ledge. im very confused but interested at this point so i decided to talk to the prof birch stnding on the ledge. weird text appears such as symbols and what seems like Japanese sort of writing after the text had finished i pressed b to end the conversation and a yellow flash shot up turning my screen red. after taking one step my gba crashed and completely broke as well as my ruby cartridge.

the really strange thing is though is that i dont have a gameshark or do any in game glitch so im puzzled as to how it happened.
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Rawkhawk

When I was playing Silver I found a level 100 Feraligatr named Weedle and my game froze suddenly after that.
Old July 6th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Alex
Mmm, yeah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
I remember a few glitches my sister encountered, though none of my own that I can recollect. :( Both of the glitches are on my Ruby version that she has a profile on, by the way.

The first glitch was when she was restarting her game. She was a girl in the game, but when she went to see Brendan on Route 103, he was a girl too. o_O

The second glitch wasn't really a glitch (although it could've been), but my sister was on Route 120 grinding, and wouldn't ever encounter anything except shiny Absols. She didn't have any Poké Balls and went to buy some in Fortree, but on returning to Route 120 the glitch didn't reoccur. :(
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here