The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
He actually did say there will be two rivals like in Black and White and from what I've collected, there is more than two.
I still think it's weird though.

Even if he got one of the names wrong out of the four....he still got three correct. Does that count for absolutely nothing?

I just don't think he should be completely discounted if he has more to say at some point in the future.

Not to mention do we have confirmation that they're all proper rivals?
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:30 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Yeah I noticed that too, he mentioned that the first Gym would be Bug, the second would be fighting? (I can't remember) and the fourth being Fairy. I think a Fairy gym is highly likely since this is the generation that introduce the new type all together.

He actually did say there will be two rivals like in Black and White and from what I've collected, there is more than two.
You got the second and fourth mixed with each other, the rumor says Fairy is second and Fighting is fourth .

I think there should be a dark as Dark didn't get one for it's own introduction region...

Well it doesn't really matter much if they're "Proper" rivals or not as GF will proably consider them rivals just like they did with the opposite sex character in RSE.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I still think it's weird though.

Even if he got one of the names wrong out of the four....he still got three correct. Does that count for absolutely nothing?

I just don't think he should be completely discounted if he has more to say at some point in the future.

Not to mention do we have confirmation that they're all proper rivals?
He only gets credit for two names. Everyone got gogoat so no credot can be given. Many sites wrote the japanese name as gogoat before his reveal surfaced. He still slso put 100% behind his name for pamcham. Meaning it was that name for that reason. If he had absolute confidence it was as he said then he would have been right. Two lucky guesses with the names out of four. 50% is failing grade.

He's still has had about half his stuff confirmed true and confirmed false. He should not have had a confirmed false at all. The favt he's getting only half his info right means he's lucky. Someone also posted that he claimed his stuff false like mr. Xy did. They said there was a discussion on 4chan and wpm apologized for posting rumors and stopped posting them because they kept admirting they were fake.
Old June 12th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Keep in mind that these three/four characters might not specifically be rivals. They could just be recurring characters of another sort, and the characters you'd call "rivals"- those who get their own starters and who directly challenge the player- could be a couple of other characters. Or only one or two of these kids are the rivals, and the others are just friends.

The other thing he supposedly got wrong was Gogoat being the only ridable Pokemon, but with the way that was worded he might have only meant in Lumiose City. If I remember correctly, the Rhyhorn and the like are only ridable in later areas- He got this info by playtesting, right? Maybe he just didn't get that far before passing on the info.

Honestly, I don't think it's possible for this guy to have gotten so much right just by guessing, and there was no reason for him to deliberately give false info before it all blew out of proportion.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:12 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
It's pretty much confirmed that these 4 characters are all your rivals as they all begin in the starting town and are all starting on their Pokemon journey with you, so yeah, that makes 4 Rivals.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
...That's...quite a lot of rivals, I thnk that's the most rivals anyone's ever had in any Pokemon game. o_o; But, should be fun nonetheless to have rivals. I think GF is still going to stick to the whole "childhood rivals" thing, which appears to be what the rivals are. I kind of wanted a more tougher rival, but hey, I don't have an issue with this. xD;
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:46 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
...That's...quite a lot of rivals, I thnk that's the most rivals anyone's ever had in any Pokemon game. o_o; But, should be fun nonetheless to have rivals. I think GF is still going to stick to the whole "childhood rivals" thing, which appears to be what the rivals are. I kind of wanted a more tougher rival, but hey, I don't have an issue with this. xD;
Actually they're not even childhood rivals, you're meeting these 4 for the first time at the beginning of the game, as evidenced by a screenshot of Shauna giving you her name.

Old June 14th, 2013, 01:26 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Yeah, it's sort of like RSE when the main character moves in and meets the opposite sex character, except XY have three more you're meeting at the start (RSE also had Wally but he came later). Speaking of moving...where is the player character from? Unova maybe? I mean RS said the player came from Johto which was the previous generation at the time (this was cut from Emerald's story).

Either way the rumors have been wrong again, so we should no rely on them as they aren't 100 % correct as Xander has been saying many times now.
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

This just kind of proves we shouldn't automatically believe that flies around the internet. The generation after this one would be the same. There's going to be rumors about the starting flying around and the legends and new types and this and that and it's just annoying. ~_~ I remember saying before that it was more prevalent this generation than it was in Gen V or even Gen IV (though I honestly barely remember how Gen IV's reveal went). Fairly frustrating, to say the least.
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:00 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Rivials are Boss Battles. BW had Bianca or Chren battle you after every single gym. With more rivals, we can have the same number of boss battles, but more variety in who we fight.
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
So this happened... I guess this confirms these rumors as true...

Spoiler:

Still I don't think it is all accurate to a tee... Fairy should be strong against Ice as well, right?

I made this for the new typing...

Those first three rub me the wrong way... I like the rival giving me their start... That means I can get Chespin and get Froakie later :D... But I will want Squirtle... If I want to use them, I'll have to pick Fennekin and get Chespin ... Dammit I want to ride my Pokemon... Even if its just a Speed EV minigame... HMs... No me gusta... Belch... Another attack to use up a slot for the one use you have for it... I told everyone there was a new form and nobody believed me... I wanted a Water/Dark frog, since we have a Water/Fighting Frog already... Only redeemable course is a ninja frog...
Well, unless you are a Snow Fairy I really don't see how you could defeat ice in any way. If anything, Ice would freeze the Fairy! Plus Grass and Fairy would be neutral because Fairies live in nature.
Old June 16th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I honestly thought that light reflects off of ice (if not, shines through it) but doesn't do any exact damage to it, so it'd be either "not very effective" or it wouldn't have any effect on ice at all.

On a separate note though, I see Fairy and Ice being neutral to each other, for some reason. Maybe that's just me, though. If Fairies were to be weak to ice because they could freeze, by that logic, they should be weak to fire as well, since they could burn, and then they should be weak to water as well, because theoretically they could drown, etc etc.

Too many typing inconsistencies, really. .__.;
Old June 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I honestly thought that light reflects off of ice (if not, shines through it) but doesn't do any exact damage to it, so it'd be either "not very effective" or it wouldn't have any effect on ice at all.

On a separate note though, I see Fairy and Ice being neutral to each other, for some reason. Maybe that's just me, though. If Fairies were to be weak to ice because they could freeze, by that logic, they should be weak to fire as well, since they could burn, and then they should be weak to water as well, because theoretically they could drown, etc etc.

Too many typing inconsistencies, really. .__.;
Fairies, as according to the Sylveon skit are SE against ice types. Keep assuming that Ice is weak to Fairy until proven otherwise. Other than that the match up logic you have is not logical at all. You can drown plants and burn water, so by what you say Fire should be SE to water and Water SE to Grass. We know this is not true. You're over analyzing this. We only know 1 match up as given by Gamefreak at E3. We have two highly supported possibilities as shown on Smash. Concerning both Fairy Types and Sylveon we know very little but we do have some solid info not to jump to conclusions or make extreme guesses.

Concerning the rumored match ups, all of them, they're pretty much false. Dark doesn't seem to be weak as Hydreigon survived a Special Attack looking Fairy Wind from a base stat 125 Sp.atk Gardevoir with STAB. Unless the attack itself was like 40BP it would have OHKO'd it if x4 weak. So those that fid not list Ice or those that listed Dark as weak to Fairy are fairlyfalse at this point.
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:59 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Fairy SE to Ice is just stupid. That's like giving Grass a weakness to Fairy. Ice and Grass have more weaknesses than anybody else. Why add more?

What was the evidence behind Fairy>Ice? I never saw what it was.
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Blimey, I didn't realize how many rumors turned out to be true according to that source.
Sky Battles, Fairy Type, First gym being bug type, Fairy > Dragon... idk I just think the majority of his rumors are going to turn out to be true? Not that I want dual-typed attacks but still.

Old June 16th, 2013, 08:16 PM
MarinoKadame

Only rumor I don't want to be true is the Professor named Patrice.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:14 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Blimey, I didn't realize how many rumors turned out to be true according to that source.
Sky Battles, Fairy Type, First gym being bug type, Fairy > Dragon... idk I just think the majority of his rumors are going to turn out to be true? Not that I want dual-typed attacks but still.
Well considering the rivals rumour just got busted, then we can consider some of these rumours false, and tbh, I still doubt the dual type attacks as that could not work, at all, plus we saw the pokemon move screen, there's no room for a second type icon.

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:25 AM
MarinoKadame

Maybe the types will be abbreviated.

XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
Maybe the types will be abbreviated.
It showed the attack page. Its full word type buttons.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:12 AM
MarinoKadame

For single type it could be full words but for double maybe they are abridged to fit in ?

Old June 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
metalhand

New Pokémon “Elvany,” Flying/Fairy, “will be revealed soon.”
“Tame Park” allows you to deposit up to 3 pokemon for one day, and trade PokéTokens to raise EV’s.
Dunsparce, Mawile, Stantler, Sableye will get new evolutions
Two boys, “Tofune” and “Mika” will challenge the player through out the game; one with long hair, another with spikes and a purple striped shirt. seems to be connected to the plot.
Pangoro does exist, with a punk hairstyle and green fur “gloves.” A new ability that Pangoro has will allow the holder to steal items during battle, called “Vandal Heart,” is also mentioned.
Skrelp evolves into Weedra, with it’s type not changing(Poison/Water), and learns the moves belch and signal beam.
Clauncher evolves twice, and into a Water/Electric type, with a new move “Blister Blast,” a water type move that is super effective to flying types as well as fire, rock, and ground.
“Kale” is the second gym leader, with blond hair and a “androgyne style.” Uses fairy types and the aforementioned Elvany.

those are all rumers that i saw in pokejungle, they say it originally from 4chan
what do you think?

Last edited by metalhand; June 17th, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
"Dunsparce, Mawile, Stantler, Sableye will get new evolutions"

Please, please, please be true. I love Mawile, Stantler and Sableye so I'd love for those to get evolutions to make them stronger! As for Dunsparce I definitely think it's long over due for an evolution, so even though these are just rumors right now I do hope these turn out to be true.

Old June 18th, 2013, 09:24 PM
luckyj13
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerex View Post
If that rumor is true it would be likely that you could be growing berries yourself in this game. maby other types would have a move like that. so maby you have a specific berrie for every type, that would be pretty cool
it would be cool if they implemented breeding berries together.
i.e. oran + razz = a different berrie that you cant find in the wild
Old June 19th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I'm not sure how I feel about Clauncher evolving into a Water/Electric type. It's a cool typing and all but so far I've been considering Helioptile and Clauncher for my team....so there's going to be an awkward clash between the two if Clauncher becomes electric type.
Old June 19th, 2013, 04:48 PM
pedrito3_poke
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Well considering the rivals rumour just got busted, then we can consider some of these rumours false, and tbh, I still doubt the dual type attacks as that could not work, at all, plus we saw the pokemon move screen, there's no room for a second type icon.
Maybe we have been misinterpreting it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéBeach
A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)

Last edited by pedrito3_poke; June 19th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here