The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

View Poll Results: How Long Do You [Typically] Shower For?
< 9min 14 17.95%
10min 14 17.95%
15min 21 26.92%
20min 12 15.38%
25min+ 17 21.79%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I shower every other day (or every other two days, like if I shower on Monday, I'll shower again on Thursday), usually before I leave to go somewhere (usually work). It really depends on how much I feel I need a shower. I wash my hair every single day, though.

My showers usually last around 10-15 minutes. I wash my hair when I get in, then my hair again, then my body, then my hair, then my face and then I get out and dry off and get dressed then go out of the bathroom until my hair dries (while drying my hair with a towel) and then I come back to style my hair when my hair is dry.
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
usually i take less tan 15 minutes. when i wash my hair i take max 30mins
my twin sis takes almost an hour to wash her hair :/..my mom and dad shout at her a lot bcuz of this...

Old May 29th, 2013, 12:48 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
I answered 25+ minutes in the poll, but really it only takes me about 10-20 minutes to shower.I have three other people to share the shower with and so I try to conserve as much hot water as I can. I shower every other day or every other few days. I have any clothes I want to wear in the bathroom already hanging on a hanger. I like to warm up the water before going in. Once I'm in the shower I start by washing my body with soap and then wash my hair with shampoo. I like to think about stuff sometime before or during the time of washing myself which is why it usually takes a bit longer. You know, ponder things. And call me weird, but I usually walk out of the shower before turning it off. I don't know why really, maybe because I really hate those few seconds of cold or hot cold water when you turn one shower knob off. Once I'm out I dry my self off by starting with my hair and working my self down. Usually it's hair, face, chest, waist, legs and then feet. Then I put on the clothes I want to wear in the bathroom and then head out to the dining room where the hair dryer is and finish drying my hair more.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]

Last edited by AWsquared; May 29th, 2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
I shower every other day (or every other two days, like if I shower on Monday, I'll shower again on Thursday), usually before I leave to go somewhere (usually work). It really depends on how much I feel I need a shower. I wash my hair every single day, though.
If I shower Monday morning, I'll shower again Wednesday morning. If I shower Tuesday morning, I shower again Thursday morning. Otherwise, I look disgusting.

I'm glad about these poll results and all this feedback :O I should show my dad so he can be thankful that my showers are only about 15-20min long. Some people are way longer! Though it seems the majority take showers about as long as me, and that's significant, too.
My Trade Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old June 9th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
It's weird. I take approximately 10-15 minute showers and these are considered horrendously long by most of my family but horrendously short by most of my friends. To me, it's the shortest time necessary in order to wash my face/body, shampoo and condition my hair, as well as have a generally enjoyable time. Things like shaving and teeth brushing normally come before the shower, but since I do both every day (as well as shower), they don't take all that much time in the grand scheme of things.
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Morning showers take between 5 to 10 minutes as I have to be up and out of the house early, but evening showers can take between 30 minutes to an hour, lol. In evening showers, I like to sit down in the shower and think about things, get in touch with my emotions, sing softly, etc. I find that long showers are the only times in which I am completely undisturbed by anything around me and I can do whatever it is that I need to do without thinking about anything else. I only have to shave once a week, so that's that I do in Sunday showers, the rest of that is spent cleaning or doing the previously mentioned soul searching. I just think that lying down (to the best of my ability) with the nozzle raining warm water on my scalp is something that I cannot rush at all, so I tend to sit there for who knows how long, lol. Sometimes I even fall asleep, lmao.
I don't have to worry about a water bill, as my town provides its own water through a tank system, so I pursue this lifestyle without thinking about how much it's costing me. Still have to pay for electricity, but that's fine.
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
It honestly depends on my mood, sometimes I'm not really bothered and it takes 10 minutes and other times it can take up to 30 minutes, same reasons as Harlequin here, can't describe it any better than he did haha.
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM
The_Consumer

When I go to the leisure centre, I often see people taking showers that last about 2 minutes :0 I always wonder how they clean themselves so fast. I guess it also takes a lot of discipline to shower quickly.

I take showers lasting roughly 10-20 minutes. Waste of hot water, but oh well what ya gonna do =P I know some people that have showers set on timers.
Old June 12th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

I usually want to make my showers less than 10 minutes. Most of it is waiting for the shampoo to do its work.
Old June 13th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Aurora
thanks elcheeso

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
I'm not going to go too in-depth, but the length of time I'm in the shower ranges from a measly two minutes to around 15-20 minutes.

I can't be in the shower for an extended period of time, because as soon as I'm dressed and all I'll be yelled at by my parents about water economy and how it's horrible for the environment to be using so much water.

Please.

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old June 13th, 2013, 05:33 AM
YogiOne
Fantasy Dreamer

Nature: Modest
For me the time it takes to bathe definitely depends on where I'm going first of all, a regular shower before school 10-15 minutes, 5 mins if I'm just going to the shop or something trivial like that and as long as an hour if I'm going somewhere special or for a special occasion.
Old June 13th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Penta Penguin
Sorting out my mental problems.

It's very very rare I ever go in for a shower, because I go in for a bath instead. But, if I do go in for a shower, it is normally around 20 minutes.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old June 14th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

My showers take at least fifteen minutes because I have a hair and face routine in there that takes that long. I'm quicker on the nights I don't wash my hair, but the face part takes up most of the time because generally I can leave conditioner in my hair while I do my face for time economy.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
My showers take at least fifteen minutes because I have a hair and face routine in there that takes that long. I'm quicker on the nights I don't wash my hair, but the face part takes up most of the time because generally I can leave conditioner in my hair while I do my face for time economy.
I think all women can attest to washing out conditioner last for "time economy" lol
My Trade Thread
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Why is it so hard to wash out conditioner? Are you supposed to get rid of all of it?
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Amaura
Longneck Thingymabob
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Amaura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
I think all women can attest to washing out conditioner last for "time economy" lol
Not even just women I know exactly what you mean with this XD
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Bartolomeo
Youtube = Crap

30 minutes. On days I feel especially lazy and just do nothing but enjoy the cool water. But it's generally more like 15 minutes. And yes, I do get nagged quite a bit. Parents, ugh.

The Monster Trio
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
Why is it so hard to wash out conditioner? Are you supposed to get rid of all of it?
I mean, I doubt you'd want to walk around with some still in your hair, would ya?

Then again, I know a few people who do that.
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
I avoid showers at all times. I like having my stench having an affect on people. ^ ^ But when I do shower, I get out as soon as I can. xD
Old June 15th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Less than 5 minutes. I'm curious as to why some people take longer than 10 minutes in the shower. Maybe it's because I have shorter hair than most other people? Maybe it's because I'm so quick at washing myself?
Old June 15th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
I mean, I doubt you'd want to walk around with some still in your hair, would ya?

Then again, I know a few people who do that.
My sister4 does that lol

I always feel like Veronica Lodge whenever soap or conditioner is left in my hair. I can't find the comic strip itself, but Veronica asks Jughead to go and get expensive shampoo, but he comes back with generic stuff. She gets angry, throws Jughead out and uses that shampoo instead. Everything's good: she goes with Archie to the dance and they have a great time; however, when they leave, it starts to rain and her generic shampoo causes her hair to overflow with soap bubbles lol!

I always thoroughly rinse to avoid a similar scenario :v
My Trade Thread
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My usual shower times are around 15 minutes in the morning, I mainly have it that long so I can get clean everywhere due to the fact I work most of the week. But oh god that warm water is so beautiful in the winter, it's freezing over where I am right now.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old June 17th, 2013, 05:48 AM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
I take forever D:
Especially if I have to shave, I could be in there for 30+ min. My dad gets so mad at me, lol.
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbo View Post
I take forever D:
Especially if I have to shave, I could be in there for 30+ min. My dad gets so mad at me, lol.
My dad does, too lol Thus the reason for this topic XD

I was in there for 30min the other day doin' stuff (I forgot to do my stuff in order, so it took longer z.z was waaayyyy too sleepy teehee) and he was like, "The city just called. They wanted to know why the city's water reserve was drained; I told them they should talk to you."

And, of course, the classic, "Leave some for the fishies!"

I finally told him about this topic on Friday and told him some results. He thinks people are nuts. He then asked his own father what he thought, and now he declares a new poll and that for people living in reality, the max time should be <10min.

so for the rest of us in lala-land, we have been estranged.
My Trade Thread
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
I finally told him about this topic on Friday and told him some results. He thinks people are nuts. He then asked his own father what he thought, and now he declares a new poll and that for people living in reality, the max time should be <10min.

so for the rest of us in lala-land, we have been estranged.
The only thing that I can say to him is this: If you only need a 10 min. or less shower, you either:

1. Aren't working hard enough.
2. Have no body hair to speak of

Or...

3. You like having an odor of a damn skunk on you at all times.

Really, any sensible person would like to be as clean as possible come the next day, especially if that person has a long, hard day ahead of them.

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links