The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:20 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
OMG what? Wii-Fit Trainer? That beyond hilarious. XD Her final smash looks powerful and colorful for a fitness trainer. I guess she's a novelty player. Like Game and Watch and R.O.B.

The thing I'm most excited about is Megaman. My dream came true I could say.

I'll most likely be getting it for 3DS since I'm getting one for X and Y in the first place. The graphics on the 3DS version look interesting.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old June 12th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tshot1025 View Post
Ohmygod. The Wii Fit Trainer is hilarious. She scares me for some reason though.
Her final smash is so colorful but deadly.
I wonder what would be different from the 3DS and Wii U version aside from the graphics.
I'm planning to get a 3DS and I now have all the reasons in the world.
I kinda want a Kirby game right now @w@
As far as we know, 3DS and Wii U have different stages exclusive to them. Wii U has Major Circuit ring, Dr. Wily, New Leaf Villae and Skyloft stages, whereas 3DS has FE: Awakening Arena, DKCR, Super Mario 3D Land, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Tracks and Nintendogs stages. Judging by the trailer, it looks the 3DS gets the gimmicky stages and the Wii U gets more basic ones. Thank god because Brawl was FILLED with stupid gimmicks.

Wii Fit Trainer looks great! Her inclusion gives me the impression that Karate Joe has a good chance to be in. If she can be in, who can't?

I suspected Bowser and Samus got redone. Particularly Bowser. In the trailer I noticed the new drop kick, and one of the screenshots has him running properly. Samus looks like she got redone animations and looks more agile to compliment the Other M design. Sakurai confirmed my suspicions. Also, the game looks faster and heavier than Brawl, more like Melee, but the Brawl air dodge is there. I hope that means Ganondorf and Wario get redone as well, because their movesets makes no sense for them. Particularly Wario. His playstyle does not fit with faster and heavier mechanics. He should get a Wario Land-esque moveset with Wario World and Warioware nods instead of something completely original. Poor DK got the shaft again, his moveset is still same which means he'll still suck, won't he? :/ Give him a Donkey Kong Country focused moveset, Sakurai!

Most importantly

Lil Mac as good as confirmed. That Boxing Ring is the major circuit one, no doubt about it. I'm happy!

EDIT: Lil Mac, Mii and Pac Man are pretty much confirmed. The question is, when will they be revealed? They're apparently next.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; June 12th, 2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
With Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze around the corner, what are the chances of Dixie Kong making it in? Are people predicting her?
Old June 12th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest View Post
With Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze around the corner, what are the chances of Dixie Kong making it in? Are people predicting her?
I'm extremely happy to see her in Tropical Freeze (was the highlight for me until David Wise was announced as the composer), but I don't think it has any bearing in her inclusion. The roster has likely been finalized long before Tropical Freeze was announced after all.

I'm actually hard-pressed on whether I want her or K.Rool instead. On one hand, we get a much need female, but on the other we also get a much need villain. I'm fine with both, but I'd say I'd rather see Dixie more.
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
I'm extremely happy to see her in Tropical Freeze (was the highlight for me until David Wise was announced as the composer), but I don't think it has any bearing in her inclusion. The roster has likely been finalized long before Tropical Freeze was announced after all.

I'm actually hard-pressed on whether I want her or K.Rool instead. On one hand, we get a much need female, but on the other we also get a much need villain. I'm fine with both, but I'd say I'd rather see Dixie more.
I'd rather see Donkey Kong getting four reps (the three Kongs and King K. Rool) over Star Fox (I don't think Star Fox warranted a third rep back in Brawl with Wolf, let alone a fourth rep with Krystal, a character some people are predicting).

I realize you're predicting everyone from Brawl to return. I'm curious, but why? Don't you think a few of them will be benched (I'm referring to Ike, Wolf and R.O.B. specifically)?
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Spinosaurus

Brawl wasn't supposed to have any cut characters aside from Pichu because he was a straight on joke character, but Roy, Mewtwo and Doctor had to be cut for Sonic. I was just going by that because I know Sakurai knows cutting characters would cause negative reactions.

There is a good chance there will be cut characters, but also a good chance there won't be. I just went with what I wanted. And no, I don't think Ike, Wolf and R.O.B are gonna get cut because they're not clones and people love them. (well, except R.O.B, but most warmed up to him by now.)
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Éclair
that's my girl
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Yup, played all of the SSB games and loved them all! I still play SSBB with my two siblings and neither of us can wait for the new one!

As for characters, I'm hoping they put Mewtwo back in there and perhaps Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Him or maybe a female character from the Fire Emblem franchise, but God, not Lucina!

I'm not so sure they will be adding a new pokemon (besides Mewtwo) but am so rooting for Eevee! I can easily picture battling with one and for different colours (like Jigglypuff) it could be dressed in different accessories.

I think they should add another Donkey Kong Character since there are so little. With Legend of Zelda, they will probably change Link and Zelda to the Skyward Sword design, keep Toon Link the way he is and maybe change Ganondorf to look like the one from Wind Waker.
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Brawl wasn't supposed to have any cut characters aside from Pichu because he was a straight on joke character, but Roy, Mewtwo and Doctor had to be cut for Sonic.
Ah, I see. The more you learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoko View Post
I'm not so sure they will be adding a new pokemon (besides Mewtwo) but am so rooting for Eevee! I can easily picture battling with one and for different colours (like Jigglypuff) it could be dressed in different accessories.
Eevee changing to different types of Eeveelutions during its specials doesn't seem like such an out-there idea (even though, technically, that'd be impossible). I'd be down with that (plus, a Sylveon Smash to top it all off would be dope).

There was a discussion on NeoGAF about possible console-exclusive characters. I was against the whole idea at first, but a poster then talked about Sakurai possibly seperating clones into different consoles (for example, Toon Link in Wii U and Young Link in 3DS, or Ike in Wii U and Chrom in 3DS). Different characters, same movesets. That really piqued my interest somehow. What do you guys think about console-exclusive characters (and console exclusivity in general)? Yay or nay?

Last edited by Rest; June 12th, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

I've bought and played every "Smash" game for hours on end. As much as I LOVE the series, I'm hesitant to buy a Wii-U just to play it. I know I'd do terrible on a 3DS (I NEED a controller to play that game, all there is to it) so I won't bother with that version..

Favorite Fighters: Pit (no, I'm not a bow spammer!), Link, Capn' Falcon Punch, DeDeDe, Zelda (Princess forme) and Marth (Ike was fun too, but easy mode).

Truth be told though, I purchased the Gamecube AND Wii SPECIFICALLY to play Smash games (I bought the N64 for Ocarina of Time though xD), so it's still a possibility I'll be hyped into it. >_<

Old June 12th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Spinosaurus

Man, if I didn't have a Wii U already I'd have bought one just for this game and especially Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Mario 3D World looks good too I guess but I doubt it'd top NSMBU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoko View Post

As for characters, I'm hoping they put Mewtwo back in there and perhaps Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Him or maybe a female character from the Fire Emblem franchise, but God, not Lucina!
I'm with you, Lucina is awful. What baffles me though, is people rooting for her to replace Marth.
I'm curious though, what female Fire Emblem character you want? (I hope to god it's not Tharjah)
Quote:
There was a discussion on NeoGAF about possible console-exclusive characters. I was against the whole idea at first, but a poster then talked about Sakurai possibly seperating clones into different consoles (for example, Toon Link in Wii U and Young Link in 3DS, or Ike in Wii U and Chrom in 3DS). Different characters, same movesets. That really piqued my interest somehow. What do you guys think about console-exclusive characters (and console exclusivity in general)? Yay or nay?
To be honest, I doubt there would be system-exclusive characters.

Anyway I don't really see the point of that but I wouldn't mind. Personally though, if we can transfer characters (like a two way Pokemon Stadium) I'd have no problem with system exclusives. It means we get to get character like Dillon who otherwise has no chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrakeet View Post

Marth (Ike was fun too, but easy mode).
How is Ike easy mode, but not Marth? :P It's the opposite. It's so god damn hard to win with Ike because he's terrible.
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Where's the source of Sakurai saying that? I wasn't able to find it on Smashboards regarding said source. As for the Toon Link example, Wouldn't it make sense to use "Link Between Worlds" Link for the 3DS rather than Young Link, seeing as that Link uses the same sound clips as Toon Link from the game?
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Where's the source of Sakurai saying that? I wasn't able to find it on Smashboards regarding said source. As for the Toon Link example, Wouldn't it make sense to use "Link Between Worlds" Link for the 3DS rather than Young Link, seeing as that Link uses the same sound clips as Toon Link from the game?
I'm just sparking discussion about console exclusivity.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:48 AM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Mega-Man made it, so that's good! I hope Sonic returns(and another char from Sonic franchise.)
But, he can't add 3rd party characters galore, because the game is meant for Nintendo characters and Nintendo fans. Speaking of Nintendo, Pokemon Trainer 2 maybe? Please? PT was an interesting idea, I want to see it happen again, but in a new way, like maybe the XY starters.
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Time to post some fresh new articles regarding SSB:

Don't Expect a lot of third parties in the roster, and the 3DS' limitation may affect the finialized roster for both versions

Tripping is no more

Gameplay will be in-between Melee and Brawl's physics
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:09 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Titles of the game have been revealed by Sakurai.

Quote:
Since Nintendo's broadcast earlier this week, many have wondered what names would be assigned to the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash Bros. With Melee and Brawl subtitles already used, would the new games keep the fighting spirit? Scuffle? Skirmish? In this case, series creator Masahiro Sakurai is thinking in simpler terms - the two games are called Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Kind of simple, but now we know.

Stay tuned to more from my conversation with Masahiro Sakurai as soon as I can possibly type it.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...names-revealed

Well those are pretty straightforward. Not too creative at all.I rather have them be called "Super Smash Bros. Universe". :/ C'mon Sakurai you could of done better.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]

Last edited by AWsquared; June 13th, 2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:12 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Well hey, they may not be creative, but they're definitely original.
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Rest

NO TRIPPING! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Well hey, they may not be creative, but they're definitely original.
Super Smash Bros. (for) Wii U
Super Smash Bros. (four) Wii U

I was hoping for Kerfuffle, but alas.
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Spinosaurus

No tripping is seriously the best news lol.

Now let it have hitstun and tone down the defensive options from Brawl and you got yourself a good game.
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

I've got into argument with one of my friends from Skype, who is anti-Ridley and believes in the "too big" reason, and no matter how much I counterargued his claims using some of the points Ridley supporters used to counteragrue the "too big" excuse, he's still not convinced. This is what he wrote for us Ridley supporters on why we're fighting for a lost cause:
Spoiler:
Look, when you think about it, absolutely nobody playable in the World of Trophies has, as far as I see, been scaled down
Every character, minus Olimar (because they made him so), is proportionate to each other as far as I see it
Each character within a specific series is proportionate to each other as they are in their origin games, I'm sure
The reason Bowser works against Mario's scale is...well, just get to World 1-4 of Super Mario Bros. as Super Mario
And if they ever needed to, the characters were scaled up
I guess it's in the nature of these fictional trophies to be sized accordingly,
but I just have a hard time thinking that such a detailed and intricate Ridley model would be viable to theoretically mass produce to scale of the other fighters
unless the trophies themselves are somewhat large
So I guess that's where I go into my theory about JUST HOW LARGE EACH TROPHY IS
Each Trophy is sized about the same for the purposes of the collection in Brawl, sure
but in real life, would that really be a viable solution?
And if the fighters were always being taken out for play into a playset,
that would probably mean that the playset is either absurdly large (covering an entire bedroom) or the "trophies" are small figures like you would find in gashapon machines
Considering how detailed each character is, it's probably somewhere in between
Or, of course, it might be that you do indeed have space for that large Gerudo Valley playset
...oh, and don't even get me started on to the 3DS
if they manage to fit Ridley as a boss, good
but I don't see him being playable
not when the model would have to be as detailed as that of Pit's in Uprising
And it just wouldn't be worth it due to the small screen
And hey. Sakurai is not known for giving fans what they want 100%
remember why he said he'd be tweeting less?

Are all of our cries for Ridley in Smash Bros. in vain?
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Spinosaurus

I don't buy this "too big" argument. Sakurai NEVER said Ridley was too big, all he said was that he'd be hard to make a moveset for and be balanced.

Ridley has appeared several times to be comparable to Samus's size without looking awkward.

Sakurai adds whoever the hell he wants to add regardless of size or whatever. There's no point in arguing how character X won't be in because Y reasons. We just got Villager (a character that he shot down during Brawl), Mega Man (a character Capcom's been ignoring for the past gen) and Wii Fit Trainer (a character NOBODY expected). This whole idiotic roster analysis thing needs to stop.
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

The news still keeps on coming. According to Sakurai, SSB4 will not have a SSE as an Adventure Mode: http://www.themmnetwork.com/2013/06/...er-smash-bros/

From a technical standpoint, this is perhaps a very good idea. SSE, along with other game modes he added, took up most of the GB, which is around 5, in Brawl's dual-layer disc, which is limited to 8GB. The roster only took up about 2GB, so now those extra spaces can be used to increase the roster size for the 3DS version, which holds the same amount of GB as a Wii disc.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:03 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Yay! I hated the SSE. Some of the stages that came out of it were pretty fun (I play them in multiplayer using a stage pack hack), but the transitional stages? Guh. Like playing modern Kirby with bad physics
Old July 4th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...-wii-u-and-3ds

According to page 2 of this article, no one in the roster has been cut yet, and since Sakurai has previously expressed his distaste in character cuts and wanting to include as many characters as possible to the roster, he'll try to axe as little veterans as possible, which means if any veteran character didn't make it in SSB4, it wasn't due to replacement scrappys like how people mistake Lucario as a Mewtwo replacement, but because of time constraint.
Old July 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

WHAT?! NO MORE SSE?!
Boo! I loved that thing(besides the Great Maze level...that was tedious to go through).
Hopefully they'll have a new mode of play that makes up for this.
(I wonder if Score Battle is back...)
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
I'm glad they're buffing bowser because he was useless in eveyr other game

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links