The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Nonon
losing my head

Nature: Jolly
SO USEFUL.

They were so important to me, definitely the best item/key item in Pokemon EVER. They helped me get to places so much faster, and were helpful until you got the bicycle.
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
What a damn good addition.
To be honest I don't care about bikes anymore.
Running shoes really saved my ass.
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Location: Above Singapore, below Thailand. Hm, you don't know where that is?
Nature: Modest
Running Shoes! I always use them. Every Single Time without fail. They help me get around so much quicker than just plain old walking and helps to save the inconvenience of using my bike, which is a little too inaccurate for my taste. Thanks to the Running Shoes, I can now go places I've never been before! xD
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:53 PM
WalkPokeThrough
Unhatched Egg

running shoes is very very very needed in every game i have played :D
Old May 31st, 2013, 05:56 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin

Although I've never played a game without running shoes (except Pokémon Ranger, where they walk faster anyway) I would hate it if they weren't there. Although I mainly just walk at normal pace while I'm progressing through the game, they make dashing about between rematches and berry plots so much easier, especially if you're stuck with the Acro Bike or just don't want to listen to the bike music (Although bike music isn't bad, it gets irritating when you have to sacrifice route music in order to travel fast).

And not Gen III, but I loved how Hg/Ss gave you the perma-run button. Taking it away was the only way Black / White could be seen as a step back from previous gens, rather than building on them (I won't say improving because you can argue some things weren't any better e.g. Sturdy)
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
SubVirus

i agree this was an ideal feature. I also think the FireRed/LeafGreen should have stayed without it as a sort of nostalgic piece. At the same time though... i'm glad they just decided to have running shoes lol... I hate walking but honestly i don't remember it being a problem until it was an option. And i also think it makes us lazy gamers (you know who you are) not use bikes altogether.

Fire Red | Soul Silver | Expert Emerald 0/8 | Platinum | Blaze Black 6/8 | X
Delta Species Challenge: Pearl 1/8
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Kitty_Boom
Unhatched Egg

To be honest, after the running shoes were implemented (and before, really) I never got into the bikes. I found the controls almost too tight and I couldn't be bothered running into a wall 2 or 3 times before I finally hit the door. The running shoes are a perfect medium, plus there's no annoying music change. (:

Fishy the level 38 Gyarados!

Old June 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
I think the shoes were the most useful addition GF added to the games, it's kinda irritating though that I only take them after I go battle May/Brock which would waste some time, I should receive them first thing in the game, maybe right after I get my starter! Also they should have been usable indoors, good thing hacks here made that possible

It's kinda funny how I keep holding the B button while replaying through G/S/C nowadays then just stop every minute & feel awkward however I must admit the player moved a bit faster in 2nd gen games than it did in 3rd gen games, besides 2nd gen games didn't have that much room to run in anyway I sometimes prefer the shoes to the bike.
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:20 AM
PokemonComposer

Actually, that's shame that since Running lock on touch screen appeared in HG/SS, it didn't appear in V gen.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links