The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga

Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 15th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Magic

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
Spoiler:
I couldn't believe how slow they were running, lmfao. Anyway, yeah, I jumped out of my seat when he attacked Mikasa. Obviously she'll be alright, but what the hell happened? Was it just a lack of titans to attack that caused him to attack the nearest thing, or...? I'm worried that he won't be able to control his titan form in the most dire of instances, especially right now. aaa ;_;
Spoiler:
Mikasa has to survive! She's one of the few endearing characters!

I've been trying to think of a reason why he punched her, but idk o_o not like there's a titan hiding in the roofspace.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:01 AM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I spoiled myself by reading the manga and cannot enjoy the anime much anymore. ;_________; Someone please wipe my memories, please!!!

Though, really, anyone here follows the manga regularly? Did ya read the latest chapter??

Spoiler:
Things are progressing sooooo slowly. 42 pages of nothing. :< At least we got confirmation that the great ape titan belongs to a different faction (hinted earlier when he didn't recognize 3d gear) and that there's much more than meets the eye. And that those "mass murderers" actually have reasons as to why they're doing what they did.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
I spoiled myself by reading the manga and cannot enjoy the anime much anymore. ;_________; Someone please wipe my memories, please!!!

Though, really, anyone here follows the manga regularly? Did ya read the latest chapter??

Spoiler:
Things are progressing sooooo slowly. 42 pages of nothing. :< At least we got confirmation that the great ape titan belongs to a different faction (hinted earlier when he didn't recognize 3d gear) and that there's much more than meets the eye. And that those "mass murderers" actually have reasons as to why they're doing what they did.
Spoiler:
Yeah... the last 3 or 4 chapters progress really slowly... I would really like to see something important for a change... it is really boring right now...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:38 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

Yeah, considering it's a monthly manga I expect the plot progression to be a bit fast. It is good to have mysteries and try to keep the interest level high by revealing things little by little but chapters where nothing much happens at all is just...boring. I mean, it's okay if it happens in a weekly manga. I forgive One Piece for doing it at times. But man, to wait for a chapter a whole month and not get some good progression is, well, not good. :<
Old June 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM
antemortem
I... was perfect

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Spoiler:
Mikasa has to survive! She's one of the few endearing characters!

I've been trying to think of a reason why he punched her, but idk o_o not like there's a titan hiding in the roofspace.
Spoiler:
ofcourseofcourseofcourse

idk, that sounds like a reasonable observation. Or maybe when he loses control it doesn't just attack titans, it might attack anything. By that I mean it's not like a regular titan and tries to eat humans, but attacks anything with a heartbeat in the surrounding radius, or something like that.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Old June 16th, 2013, 09:31 AM
danks_
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Nature: Serious
Ah, I see the anime has advanced since the last time I saw it (I think EP. 6), I couldn't handle the pressure got weak and had to read the whole damn manga. Now every time I see the anime it's just like "Yeah... I know that happens. Whoops, not impressed..."

Trust me guys, you can't even imagine how BETTER and crazier it'll get in about 2 episodes from now.
Old June 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Magic

Quote:
Spoiler:
ofcourseofcourseofcourse

idk, that sounds like a reasonable observation. Or maybe when he loses control it doesn't just attack titans, it might attack anything. By that I mean it's not like a regular titan and tries to eat humans, but attacks anything with a heartbeat in the surrounding radius, or something like that.
Spoiler:
Maybe but he defended them with his odd half-titan shell in the previous episode?

Seems odd, unless maybe his body is too tired to fight off the titan urges at the moment?
Old June 16th, 2013, 11:10 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

@danks_ - Yeah, same here, haha. Except I started reading the manga after watching episode 5. Couldn't stop myself from reading as I wanted to know wtf happened with Eren, lol. Really though, patience is rewarding. Try not to read the manga if possible. Just helps you enjoy the anime much more.

@Antemortem & Switfsign - I don't remember it clearly but I think he's just not in control.
People won't get spoiled by this mere sentence so keeping it un-spoiler'd. =p
Old June 16th, 2013, 11:33 AM
danks_
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Nature: Serious
Quote:
@danks_ - Yeah, same here, haha. Except I started reading the manga after watching episode 5. Couldn't stop myself from reading as I wanted to know wtf happened with Eren, lol. Really though, patience is rewarding. Try not to read the manga if possible. Just helps you enjoy the anime much more.
Well, I've always been more the manga fan myself ahahaha and yeah, people should wait for the anime. Although I find the manga a lot more mature in terms of language and gore.

Did you read the 4th part of the last chapter? Don't spoil anything for the others, if you did just tell me how your face looked when you finished reading it.

This was mine:
Spoiler:

Old June 16th, 2013, 02:49 PM
antemortem
I... was perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Spoiler:
Maybe but he defended them with his odd half-titan shell in the previous episode?

Seems odd, unless maybe his body is too tired to fight off the titan urges at the moment?
Spoiler:
Well yeah, that was just a shell and had very little muscle, only one arm, and no legs so it couldn't really attack anything if it wanted to. XD
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
@danks_ - Yeah, same here, haha. Except I started reading the manga after watching episode 5.
For me, it was like after episode 2 or 3 :D

Old June 17th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Pokedra
Retired

Nature: Relaxed
I personally prefer the anime's drawing style over the manga. Not to say it isn't good but the anime just has more detail and feels imo less rough.
BW2 UU Smogon Leaderboard #1
DPPt OU Smogon Leaderboard #6
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedra View Post
I personally prefer the anime's drawing style over the manga. Not to say it isn't good but the anime just has more detail and feels imo less rough.
Well... Production I.G. is one of the best studios there is =)
I like both drawing styles.

Old June 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedra View Post
The coloring in the anime really helps the visuals a lot, although a lot of the titans just look plain silly in both forms. I'm hoping that the anime progresses to a point that'll showcase the 3m class with the gigantic nose that shows up a lot in later chapters of the manga.

Clarification edit: That's not a spoiler. It has absolutely no plot significance whatsoever and just appears in a lot of panels.
Old June 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM
antemortem
I... was perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
The coloring in the anime really helps the visuals a lot, although a lot of the titans just look plain silly in both forms. I'm hoping that the anime progresses to a point that'll showcase the 3m class with the gigantic nose that shows up a lot in later chapters of the manga.

Clarification edit: That's not a spoiler. It has absolutely no plot significance whatsoever and just appears in a lot of panels.
I love the coloring of the anime, and essentially how vivid everything is. I'm glad it was highly funded since the manga is so popular in Japan, because this franchise deserves the best. I personally love the titan with the shoulder-length green hair and huge brown eyes. I believe they started appearing in Episode 5 and more frequently through the next three or so. It was one that attacked Sasha when she missed in the assault in the supply room. That one is cute. xD
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
I love the coloring of the anime, and essentially how vivid everything is. I'm glad it was highly funded since the manga is so popular in Japan, because this franchise deserves the best. I personally love the titan with the shoulder-length green hair and huge brown eyes. I believe they started appearing in Episode 5 and more frequently through the next three or so. It was one that attacked Sasha when she missed in the assault in the supply room. That one is cute. xD
This one?

Spoiler:

If so...I don't really have anything to say. Just look at this.

Spoiler:
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
antemortem
I... was perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
If so...I don't really have anything to say. Just look at this.

Spoiler:
Literally crying right now looking at this. xD; But yeah, that's the one I was talking about. It's one of the most feminine looking titans I've seen so far and it's somewhat endearing!
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:36 PM
derozio
Community Supporter

Well, she's better than the weird ones we saw in episode 1, at least. :p

Came across a pretty nicely done Gintama + Guren no Yumiya video :D
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

That opening works with everything xD
I'm not surprised that Gintama has its Eoten OP as well =D

Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

Well, it's true that it does work with quite a lot of stuff. But the editor him/herself have to be given credit. A random bunch of scenes won't work quite as nicely with it. He made it look really close to the actual thing. :p

Anyway, really, I've stopped watching the anime. **** me for reading the manga. I'll probably only be watching this when they're done with the first season and I get the chance to marathon the whole thing in one or two sittings.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
antemortem
I... was perfect

Spoiler:
Episode 12 had very little progression, though I will say I'll be really upset if Jean doesn't make it out alive and Eren continues to sit completely useless, haha.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

There are so many fan videos using the SnK OP. :P I can't stop listening to the OP. <3

Episode 12 out today, whooo

Spoiler:
Slow pacing, yeah. I started feeling a tad upset seeing Jean running from the titan; I don't want him to die. :(

Mikasa was cute when she blushed. xD

Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:16 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Hnggg, these episodes are waay too short. Every week I just want more and every week just goes by slower and slower hfdsuifhf. I really hope this anime doesn't do an SAO and start off amazing and just gets progressively more and more boring with each episode, because that was so disappointing. But yeah, loving the anime so far, with how intense and on-edge every episode (nearly :p) feels, and it's just such an interesting and well-done plot. I wouldn't really call it unique, since it can kinda be compared to a lot of zombie movies and such, but unlike with those, I actually find this anime interesting :D

Spoiler:
Get moving already! They spent a whole episode getting to that boulder, and then a whole episode protecting Eren from the titans. Not getting anywhere! And I'm still curious to what caused titan Eren to attack Mikasa in the first place, since I didn't think he cared about anything other than killing titans >:O But yeah, hoping we'll see some action and some actual progression in the episode, because the last two have been relatively boring (relatively being a key word, since they're still amazing kdfhsfhg). Also I don't get how Eren can't see that Mikasa is madly in love with him :O She's constantly doing everything to protect him, and always wants to be with him. Like, I get why he would think she's just treating him as a little kid, but sheez. Take the hints man!
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
antemortem
I... was perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Spoiler:
Get moving already! They spent a whole episode getting to that boulder, and then a whole episode protecting Eren from the titans. Not getting anywhere! And I'm still curious to what caused titan Eren to attack Mikasa in the first place, since I didn't think he cared about anything other than killing titans >:O But yeah, hoping we'll see some action and some actual progression in the episode, because the last two have been relatively boring (relatively being a key word, since they're still amazing kdfhsfhg). Also I don't get how Eren can't see that Mikasa is madly in love with him :O She's constantly doing everything to protect him, and always wants to be with him. Like, I get why he would think she's just treating him as a little kid, but sheez. Take the hints man!
Spoiler:
I AGREE! He's like 'I am not your brother, stop treating me like your actual family.' Yeah, well, no ****, she's like so far in love with you it's not even funny, lmao.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
derozio
Community Supporter

Dunno if I should enclose in spoiler or not. Might just as well.

Spoiler:
Too bad Eren's the oblivious kind. He's probably never gonna realize that Mikasa has the hots for him. :p I'm OKAY WITH THAT. CUZ MIKASA IS MINNNEEEE!!!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here