The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:51 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I know, finally it's over, we finally know what Sylveon is! Now to move on the mascots...

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I think the most exciting thing for me about the new Fairy-type being revealed is that we can finally put the Sylveon speculation of what type it is to rest. A long overdue reveal and so glad that puts an end to this chapter.

Still, I wonder what it will be that makes it evolve. I still think a ribbon-like item may be a strong possibility or maybe a new stone.
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Ribbon makes sense. It's also a good way to reintegrate Pokemon contests / PokeBlocks. Also a hint that maybe a Gen III remake is to come?
My Trade Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
Ribbon makes sense. It's also a good way to reintegrate Pokemon contests / PokeBlocks. Also a hint that maybe a Gen III remake is to come? :P
Yes please!

I do like the idea of a Ribbon type of item influencing Eevee to evolve into Sylveon. Although it may be a completely new method since each group of Eeveelutions introduced have always had a unique method of evolution. Flareon, Vaporeon and Jolteon were through Elemental Stones, Espeon and Umbreon through happiness, Glaceon and Leafeon through leveling up at a certain area.

Old June 11th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I'm thinking that Eevee may evolve into Sylveon through the use of Pokemon-amie. Also, has anyone else considered the possibility of Sylveon's counterpart being a Dragon type Eeveelution? It makes sense, with all previous Eevee evolutions being paired with types they are either weak or strong against. Perhaps Eevee will evolve into Sylveon by making it happy using Pokemon-amie, and will evolve into Sylveon's counterpart by making it unhappy.
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:20 AM
reshilegend
Let's find the key we've lost

Send a message via Skype™ to reshilegend
Now Jigglypuff becomes the ultimate dragon killer. <_< [/sarcasm]

I kinda expected something like this. I wonder if we can transfer our 5th gen pokemon now, seeing as some old ones will be retyped.

Still not sure how to feel about "fairy".

Last edited by reshilegend; July 27th, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:35 AM
MarinoKadame

If I ever want to make the same team than Green/Blue ( Female one ) from the manga she will be stronger, same with the Lass trainers that will end up with Fairy pokemons.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:00 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
so Sylveon is the first pure Fairy type, eh? Now that that's over with, I'm curious to know how Eevee evolves into it and what moves it knows.
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:01 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I knew that Sylveon would be a Fairy for the past few weeks. Can't help but how Eevee will become Sylveon, tbh.

Old June 11th, 2013, 08:10 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
so Sylveon is the first pure Fairy type, eh? Now that that's over with, I'm curious to know how Eevee evolves into it and what moves it knows.
Clefairy could become pure Fairy too... I don't see how Jigglypuff is a Fairy type... If they brought in Sound type, Jigglypuff would make sense as a Normal/Sound type, but not Fairy...

Old June 11th, 2013, 08:17 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I think the most exciting thing for me about the new Fairy-type being revealed is that we can finally put the Sylveon speculation of what type it is to rest. A long overdue reveal and so glad that puts an end to this chapter.

Still, I wonder what it will be that makes it evolve. I still think a ribbon-like item may be a strong possibility or maybe a new stone.
I fee like it may evolve by using Poke Aime as the official site's Aime portion seems to imply that there's surprises for using it, it's worded in a way that reminds me of certain evolution methods.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:06 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deku View Post
Perhaps Eevee will evolve into Sylveon by making it happy using Pokemon-amie, and will evolve into Sylveon's counterpart by making it unhappy.
IMO this would be awesome, I've always wanted that Pokemon evolve with not only happiness but with hatred too, Digimon already made that move (Dark Evolution), like when Greymon evolves into SullGreymon if it was mistreated or forced to evolve, but I guess that would be too dark for the games, as Pokemon will be (again) accused of suggesting animal abuse (*cough*peta*cough*)... But maybe they will make a dragon Eevee someday? Not sure how it will look though...

Last edited by AnonygooseD; June 11th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Oh Sylveon....I must accept this.

Sylveon is gonna straight up slaughter those ever-popular Dargon-types! Heck yeah! I'm happy about that, if anything.
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

It kinda made sense, with it's name, and appearance which didt look like an already existing type. Im excited to try out Sylveon in game for my team, it definately has a spot now.
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
It kinda made sense, with it's name, and appearance which didt look like an already existing type. Im excited to try out Sylveon in game for my team, it definately has a spot now.
This. I was kinda skeptical about using Sylveon on my team but now that it's Fairy type I'm pretty sure I will, I'm excited to use a new type! It has been 14 years since Dark and Steel were introduced.

Old June 11th, 2013, 03:48 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I knew it all along.

Seriously, those who said "new type" from Sylveon Reveal Day™, kudos to you. Your prizes are waiting at the building behind the Gogoat Grazing Field in Lumiose City. Don't blame me if they are all claimed already.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old June 11th, 2013, 03:49 PM
The_Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
This. There was so much hype about it, and I'm glad there was a surprise.
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerserge View Post
Sylveon is gonna straight up slaughter those ever-popular Dargon-types! Heck yeah! I'm happy about that, if anything.
Me too. Although I like some Dragon pokemon, I have always thought that they have an unfair advantage over other types. I am glad that there is a new type that is going to be super effective against them.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I was guessing Bug-type or new type. I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be Normal because Eevee is already Normal and an Eeveelution is a change of Eevee's genetic code to adapt to its surroundings, so an evolution of Eevee can't be Normal-type because it defies canon logic.

I'm not too interested in it, though. Fairy-type seem to be more delicate Pokémon, I'm not too fond of these.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old June 15th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Celebi and Clefairy should friggin be Fairy, I hope Mismagius will be Fairy, too.
But, back to Sylveon's topic, how do you think It would evolve into a Fairy? It may be some event that unlocks an area where leveling-up Eevee will make it evolve into Sylveon? (like Magnezone's evolution)
Old June 15th, 2013, 04:01 PM
MarinoKadame

Eevee will maybe evolve into Sylveon by using Pokemon-Amie.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old June 16th, 2013, 01:37 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

I hope it's not by Pokemon-Amie, why not evolve while holding a Pink Bow Pink Ribbon? Or just anything else because I would like to use Pokemon-Amie only to achieve the maximum happiness for my precious pokes to evolve
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:25 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
I'm just really curious about something, though: what on earth made people think Sylveon was going to be Bug type?
I love the type, but I feel it's being misrepresented. Fairies can be evil, fearsome creatures, but Gamefreak's treating them like dolls. Not too fond of Sylveon's design, in that respect.

Last edited by tente2; June 16th, 2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:42 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
I wonder if Sylveon is going to be the only new Eeveelution this time? I am waiting to see another Eeveelution this generation. Dragon type? How do you make a canine-like Pokémon look like a dragon?
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:56 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
I wonder if Sylveon is going to be the only new Eeveelution this time? I am waiting to see another Eeveelution this generation. Dragon type? How do you make a canine-like Pokémon look like a dragon?
That's what other people were thinking, too. Since Dragon is the only originally-special type that hasn't gotten an Eeveelution yet. I am impartial to the idea; I wouldn't mind it.

I've seen one piece of really good fanart from years ago, but I have no idea where it is now.

Sponsored Links