Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback & Support
Reload this Page Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback & Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old June 6th, 2013 (05:03 AM).
Charlie Brown
twisted logic
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Is there an option somewhere for me to turn off autoplay videos on profiles? I was listening to some music on my laptop and clicked on someone's profile and BAM their video starts playing over my music and it's loud and my internet is already slow as is :(
Old June 6th, 2013 (05:10 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Charlie Brown:
Is there an option somewhere for me to turn off autoplay videos on profiles? I was listening to some music on my laptop and clicked on someone's profile and BAM their video starts playing over my music and it's loud and my internet is already slow as is :(
Actually, this has been a problem with a lot of people. There isn't a known way to get rid of the autoplay on profiles just yet (unless someone wants to correct me on that one).

You can read this thread for more information: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300604&highlight=autoplay

Hope this helps. :)

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old June 6th, 2013 (05:23 AM).
Charlie Brown
twisted logic
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
Actually, this has been a problem with a lot of people. There isn't a known way to get rid of the autoplay on profiles just yet (unless someone wants to correct me on that one).

You can read this thread for more information: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300604&highlight=autoplay

Hope this helps. :)
Thanks heaps for that, Shawn! Glad I'm not the only one experiencing the problem; hopefully a solution will come up soon, but if not I'll just deal with it (Y)
Old June 7th, 2013 (06:48 AM).
Bartolomeo
Youtube = Crap

Why is 'PC's Adoption Center' being linked to new members via forum wide notice if it isn't even functioning at the moment?

The Monster Trio
Old June 7th, 2013 (07:06 AM).
Livewire

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote originally posted by Bartolomeo:
Why is 'PC's Adoption Center' being linked to new members via forum wide notice if it isn't even functioning at the moment?
It probably wasn't removed when we closed it, is all. A minor inconvience at best?

BSS | D&D | PM | VM
Old June 7th, 2013 (07:31 AM).
Bartolomeo
Youtube = Crap

Not even an inconvenience, haha. :p Was just curious. And wanted to bring it to staff's notice is all.

The Monster Trio
Old June 7th, 2013 (12:36 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Are they giving emblems for the most recent comday? I was on the battle server for a while chatting and relaxing and acting all cool.
Old June 7th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
Are they giving emblems for the most recent comday? I was on the battle server for a while chatting and relaxing and acting all cool.
Yes they are, you have to post in this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302509
Make sure you include the needed information o 3o

However Wolflare has not gotten around to distributing them yet, so if you have already posted, just be patient. You'll get them o 3o

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 7th, 2013 (02:18 PM).
Sheep

Quote originally posted by Bartolomeo:
Uh oh, I had completely forgotten about this notice. :( I'll be sure to bring it up with the higher staff if it wasn't brought up already. The center was closed and I don't think I ever requested the notification be taken down. Thank you for letting me know!
Burnin’ up, we love, trust in it

cool | family | my star | twin | credit
Old June 8th, 2013 (08:59 AM).
SubVirus

Is there something i can do to see "This website is offline No cached version is available" less?
Old June 8th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
Honest
شكرا

Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Reload the page and hope for the best, really. The site won't come back till the server decides to stop derping out.
Old June 8th, 2013 (09:08 AM).
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Actually it's better to just come back a little later and check again then. If everyone kept trying to access PokeCommunity while it's down, it'll go a little slower. I think.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 8th, 2013 (09:20 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

You see that because too many people are trying to connect to the server (usually it's because of an obscene number of guests, something around 1300 guests while there's usually less than 300 registered users online), which overloads the server. Your best bet is to wait half an hour before trying to reconnect.
Old June 8th, 2013 (11:48 AM).
SubVirus

Some forums out there host guests separately to attempt to combat this. It also makes guests not able to see as much content though.

I have a hard time imagining your top members on all at once statistic at the bottom of the forum....
Quote:
Most users ever online was 3,375, July 27th, 2010 at 03:03 PM
Old June 8th, 2013 (12:56 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote originally posted by SubVirus:
Some forums out there host guests separately to attempt to combat this. It also makes guests not able to see as much content though.

I have a hard time imagining your top members on all at once statistic at the bottom of the forum....
That was the result of a glitch or something along those lines.
Old June 15th, 2013 (10:52 PM).
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Just wondering if there is a mobile version of this epic forum. The awesome background image just helps to chew up my data allowance. I don't know for sure, but I must not be the only one thinking this and will like to use a mobile version that is far less is size compared to the desktop version.

Thanks.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old June 15th, 2013 (11:22 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

We have mobile apps for the site. Details on the most recent fixes can be found here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302759

Note that the app is still fairly unstable.

Personally, I've found the best way to browse from my phone is to switch to vBulletin default or some other style that is very light on the images, and then turn off signatures and avatars so that the pages load faster and it doesn't eat through your data plan as rapidly.
Old June 16th, 2013 (12:32 AM).
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Cool thanks for that. How do you change themes to the one you was talking about and have it as the default theme every time I visit? Also do you need to be logged in to see the newly set default theme?

How come this forum is so slow and has overloading issues and database query errors?

Thanks

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old June 16th, 2013 (01:08 AM).
coolerice03
Unhatched Egg

Hi guys I have a question:
Do you need 15 post to create a new thread in Forum games?
I was creating a Thread but it say posting links with 15 post above is not allowed?
TIA
Old June 16th, 2013 (01:25 AM).
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu:
Cool thanks for that. How do you change themes to the one you was talking about and have it as the default theme every time I visit? Also do you need to be logged in to see the newly set default theme?

How come this forum is so slow and has overloading issues and database query errors?

Thanks
You can change themes either at the very bottom of the page on the left with a drop down menu of go here for visual examples. Play around a little and see which one has few images and suits your style. It will automatically set as your default theme when you choose it, though only on that device. It will not bind itself to your account.

Also we are slow because we are only running on one limited server and we get quite a lot of guests at random times. I'm no tech expert and I can't say anything past that.

Quote originally posted by coolerice03:
Hi guys I have a question:
Do you need 15 post to create a new thread in Forum games?
I was creating a Thread but it say posting links with 15 post above is not allowed?
TIA :)
No, you can post a new thread in any forum despite the amount of posts you have. You just cannot use images or give links until you have a post count of 15. Just remove all links and images from your thread and it should be good to go :) Alternatively you could wait until you have 15 posts, we have many places here on PC where you can post ^.^ Just keep in mind that some forums and sub-forums do not contribute to your post count such as Trade Shops and Forum Games. Forums and sub-forums like that will list that they do not add to your post count in the forum splash > 3<

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old June 16th, 2013 (05:15 PM).
Gnarizard

What thread do I go to? I really one someone to trade me a bulbasaur.
Old June 16th, 2013 (05:17 PM).
Honest
شكرا

Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Well, the section of the forum that deals with all forms of trading is fittingly called Trade Corner. There, there exists a thread called the Quick Trade Thread found right here. Hope that helped!
Old June 16th, 2013 (05:17 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Go to the Trade Corner forum and click on the Quick Trade Thread. Be sure to read the rules of the topic and forum!
Old June 16th, 2013 (05:31 PM).
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Hey.

Um how do you add a background image to your profile? I am stumped as to how.

Thank you.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old June 16th, 2013 (05:39 PM).
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu:
Hey.

Um how do you add a background image to your profile? I am stumped as to how.

Thank you.
You have to be at least a Tier 2 Supporter, which means you have to donate at least $10 USD to the forums.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links