Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: pick a cutie x
2 8.70%
9 39.13%
12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Hey y'all!! Welcome to Pokemon of the week! Every fourth week, I've decided we'll have an NFE week. So the three Pokemon we're voting on this week are unevolved cutie pops! Let's see what we got!

Rufflet!

Cleffa!

Wingull!

So, which one of these adorable bbys do you want to be in the forum splash next week?

paired to crono
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

Nature: Adamant
I'm picking Cleffa. It's a very cute Pokemon from my very favorite generation. I honestly don't care much for Wingull, but Rufflet was certainly a tough contender for my affection this week, since it is a very cool looking Pokemon who evolves into a friggin bald eagle!

Remind me to use a Cleffa one of these days. >.<
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old June 16th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'm always gravitated towards the Hoenn Pokémon, that's why I picked Wingull.

I'm not a fan of the Clefairy line and as for Rufflet, I love it's design but I've never used it so it wouldn't really be fair to judge it based on solely appearance. Wingull and Pelipper are an awesome bird duo, two that have been stand outs for me for a long time now! Cute.
Old June 16th, 2013, 04:18 PM
danks_
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Nature: Serious
If I had to pick one of the three for my team, I'd definitely go for Cleffa. Wingull was just never one of my favourite pokemons and I've never used a Rufflet before, so... Going for what I could use.
Old June 16th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Limerent
I can hear you.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Wingull! Like the above poster, my favourite region is also Hoenn, and Wingull is definitely iconic for me. Yesterday I caught one and nicknamed it Chippy because seagulls always steal your chips at the beach, so cute! Rufflet I'd never heard of before (missed 5th gen) and Cleffa is just too girly for me, small and pink is not my thing. So my vote goes to king of the ocean breeze, Wingull! :D
Hi.
Old June 16th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

I was torn between Cleffa and Wingull, but seeing as how both this week and last week's POTW were Water-types, my vote goes to Cleffa.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old June 16th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Creame
Dreams take you higher ♥

Nature: Jolly
I must say Cleffa!
I just love that little ball of cuteness.. I do not really like Wingull and/or Pelliper! Rufflet does look cute too, but hey.. I'm still a girl and pink is the way to go!
What we see with our eyes, we value with our heart. ~

Eeveelutions ♥
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm picking Cleffa as well, cos I have a soft spot for cute Pokemon as well.

And I love its evolution line as well!
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Wobbu
γ ℯ ℯ

Wingull is definitely my favorite of the three! It makes me think about beaches and oceans, and it's also one of my favorite flying-types. I also like Rufflet, but not as much as Wingull. Cleffa are cool because they are from outer space, but I've never used one before (unlike Wingull and Rufflet).

Avatar Source | Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old June 16th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Aslan
the pretender

WROOOOAR PEEKO

I love Wingull though. Personally I think it's the most adorable thing ever, so my vote goes to the little seagull. :]

it's a matter of time
before we learn to fly
Old June 16th, 2013, 10:01 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Aaah I'm going to chose Peeko - I mean, Wingull. I liked Mr. Briney and Peeko in the games and especially in Pokemon Adventures, so yes, definitely choosing Wingull. She's really cute too, even though I don't really like her evolutionary form. But this is about NFEs, right?

Now about the other too, I like Cleffa too, she's a cutie pie, and I'm actually using a Clefable now as my lead when I go around Unova capturing Pokemon. I still need to breed to get Cleffa though. Rufflet, well, I've never used him, though I've had both White and White 2, but then again, I don't really use Normal/Flying types that much.
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Gotta love Wingull. First flying-type pokémon I ever caught - being imaginative as I was, I nicknamed it "GullyWings" xD. Peeko's the best character in Emerald too :P
Plus as a water/flying-type Wingull / Pelipper are way less terrifying than Mantine (And to a lesser extent Mantyke) - I mean c'mon, stingrays killed Steve Irwin!
I'm also not a fan of Cleffa's family - I like the designs, and they have their uses in battle but they always disappoint me. Had a Rufflet once, evolved it into Braviary. Sure it was strong, but something about it, like a lot of Gen V pokémon, means I just can't love it enough. Despite what I said about Cleffa, I've not had a Wingull as a team member for years.

So definitely GullyWings Wingull.
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
I guess Cleffa since I like Clefable, not big on the other two.
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Daenerys

Nature: Calm
I must say Cleffa ! I don't know why but I have never particularly liked wingull :/ Rufflet is cute too but... Cleffa wins !
Don't Worry, Be Happy !
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

I don't particularly like any of them and there are many NFE designs I prefer to them all, but I guess I'll pick Rufflet on the basis that it's the cuter of the three and evolves in to Braviary. Braviary > Pelipper or Clefairy & Clefable

I hate Wingull for all those endless encounters in R/S/E.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Rufflet, cause I'm PROUD TO BE AN AMMUURRRICCCAN!
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:58 PM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

It's just gotta be Wingull. I mean come on, just look at how cute the thing is I can't even recognize how perfect it is klsjdflhjgoiherioj.

Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:38 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I finally decided to vote for Wingull. I like the other two, but I like Wingull's simple design. Plus, Wingull was my first Pokemon I caught (excluding my crap first playthrough of Yellow) so GULLWIN will always be special for me! :) And I mean...look at it. It's adorable.

WROOOOOAR PEEKO!

paired to crono
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

WROARRR I voted in the poll, but forgot to post.

My vote goes to Cleffa. She's cute, pink, nostalgic fuel for me cuz RBY, and if you manage to get seismic toss or soft boiled, she's an amazing team member. The two birds are alright, but I never really bonded with them. I've never used Rufflet in-game and Wingull was my HM slave. xD
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here