Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 17th, 2013 (06:53 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
From what I've read it's completely political. There are sound MP's in the United Russia party taking a rational approach to this law, so the result to me sounds like democracy hard at work. The party is catering to the conservatives who have had enough of LGBT demonstrations, and who they know will have their back during the next election cycle.
Old June 17th, 2013 (09:27 PM).
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
That is just ridiculous... But I guess it could be worse... there are some countries in Africa where being gay is punishable by death...
Old June 18th, 2013 (09:26 AM).
Salmon Fishing in Vulcan

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Virgilin
Yeah in Africa it is the way it is because some tribes choose to stick to their old traditional values.
The reason why this whole thing is happening may be demography-related too, as I've mentioned before. But then again, politicians would do everything for votes, even if the cost is some of therights of their fello citizens. Parties, such as Putin's, especially would take such actions I suppose to confiRm their legitimacy, since they are suspected of rigging the elections.

Also thank you for letting me join!!

| Paired to warship | PM | VM | About |
Old June 21st, 2013 (03:59 AM).
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
I'd like to join.

I'm planning to come out soon :D

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old June 23rd, 2013 (07:33 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Hey GreatTornado, welcome!

Tell us a bit about yourself? How old are you? What's your background? Are your loved ones likely to be accepting? We want to hear everything and help if we can

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old June 23rd, 2013 (10:56 AM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
I just heard about a new gaming convention that might be right up our alley.

Quote:
GaymerX, previously GaymerCon, is the first gaming convention with a focus on queer geek culture.
Gaming is the largest entertainment industry, one that is larger than music and film, yet until now, there has never been a safe space for queer geeks and their friends to come together, discuss queer theory in games as a community, and party as one.
GaymerX is that convention - a weekend of fun, socializing, and educational panels in the heart of San Francisco.
http://gaymerconnect.com/

It's close enough to me that I might actually be able to go. They say it's adults only though, since it's the first time they've held it, and they don't want to risk any of them getting hurt. (Also, I noticed shirts aren't listed in their dress code. lol)
Old June 23rd, 2013 (07:00 PM).

Quote originally posted by QuilavaKing:
I just heard about a new gaming convention that might be right up our alley.

http://gaymerconnect.com/

It's close enough to me that I might actually be able to go. They say it's adults only though, since it's the first time they've held it, and they don't want to risk any of them getting hurt. (Also, I noticed shirts aren't listed in their dress code. lol)
That sounds really cool! Unfortunately, I live several hours' plane ride from San Francisco, haha. But hopefully it will be a success and maybe there'll be some stuff cropping up around where I live.

I've only actually been to one convention (just a small sci-fi/fantasy convention. It was playing host to the Constellation Awards, which I had been blogging about, and I was offered a press pass for the weekend. It was pretty damn awesome. I never would have been able to afford going otherwise.), but I had so much fun! It was amazing to be in a space where everyone is so friendly and accepting, and you know that you'll be able to find common interests and strike up a conversation with nearly every person you meet.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (07:19 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Do you ever feel like 'this is me'? Is there any kind of identity that clicks? It doesn't have to be visual.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (10:01 PM).

Thanks Raichu for the accepting welcome!

*WARNING: WALL OF TEXT!**WARNING: WALL OF TEXT!**WARNING: WALL OF TEXT!*

I'm 12 years old, turning 13 next week (Yay), I'm a gay guy who loves Taylor Swift and is out to only one person irl (I came out to her yesterday and she wasn't negative!). I live in Australia and my parents.... well I don't know about them. I've noticed that when they think me and my sister are sleeping they sometimes watch LGBT shows but they never show any distaste or (for a lack of a better word)appreciation for the LGBT community. You can find me on Empty Closets as GreatTornado (So Creative).

I actually have a crush on someone and I was wondering if I could get a little advice. He is in another grade but same year level as me (For better story telling let's call him John (Not his actual name but I have nothing against John's)). I really like him, I dream about us in a relationship a lot. I think he might be gay/bi because he sure seems like it (Stereotypes, it's all I have). He likes drama and has a lot of friends that are girls but some of his friends are boys. We have some P.E., English and Mathematics classes together and sometimes before and during school we talk, but not at recess or lunch since he likes hanging out with his other friends. I believe I am currently at the start of the friend zone with him but I don't know what to do now.

I plan to come out to other friends soon but not my parents until either:
A) I am in a (serious) relationship with another guy
B) I get a clear view on their stance on LGBT

Challenges Completed:
Old June 23rd, 2013 (11:10 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Quote originally posted by Cassino:
Hello. Wondering if anyone could help with this. I've noted my disdain for referencing myself as a person, ie. as an entity possessing any sort of physical form. I'm wondering if there is in fact a term for someone who doesn't identify with their body (and not due to spirituality). Like, when I see myself in a reflection or photograph it scarcely connects that 'this is me'. Also, I've long had a penchant for creating characters and imagining myself as them. I would appreciate having something to call this (lack of) of self-identity, if anyone can help me there. I don't suppose this is gender or sex related but I do suppose if anyone might be familiar with this, it'll be the folks here.
Huh, this sounds a lot like me, especially lately... although I've always just assumed it was normal, considering how rarely I actually look at myself in the mirror, and how often I take on other forms within video games. I definitely do the same thing with creating characters though... whole alternate worlds and communities in fact.

Why do you think you feel that way? I typed up a bunch of existential stuff about why I feel similarly, but I'm thinking I should just let you explain it yourself. lol
Old June 24th, 2013 (06:35 AM).

Quote originally posted by Cassino:
Hello. Wondering if anyone could help with this. I've noted my disdain for referencing myself as a person, ie. as an entity possessing any sort of physical form. I'm wondering if there is in fact a term for someone who doesn't identify with their body (and not due to spirituality). Like, when I see myself in a reflection or photograph it scarcely connects that 'this is me'. Also, I've long had a penchant for creating characters and imagining myself as them. I would appreciate having something to call this (lack of) of self-identity, if anyone can help me there. I don't suppose this is gender or sex related but I do suppose if anyone might be familiar with this, it'll be the folks here.
I majored in psych, so the first thing that popped into my head was that it's some sort of dissociation? There are a couple of disorders that can cause that type of feeling, but if it's not actually causing you distress or interfering with your life, then they wouldn't apply to you.

Do you not identify with having a body in general, or is that you have a mental image of yourself that doesn't match what you actually look like?
Old June 24th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
It's so overt, it's covert!

Oh my gosh guys. I got a girlfriend :o

On the other hand GreatTornado I think that the worst thing someone can do is sit and wonder what would have happened. I did that for a long time "will she like me back?" and it was horrible. I ended up telling her I liked her and she screwed me over but I think it is much better than having to sit and wonder what would have happened.

I think it would be best if you eventually told him about the crush. Don't overthink it or get too nervous, but do think about what is best.

I would hang out with him first honestly. Just to get a feel for what he is, you know?
Old June 25th, 2013 (12:58 AM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Insomniac:
Oh my gosh guys. I got a girlfriend :o
Whoa, whoa, just whoaaa.

Why aren't you telling us more about the very nice lady friend of yours?

That just isn't fair, Insomniac, and you know it. Spill the beans! All of them! The whole can! beans come in a can right?
Old June 25th, 2013 (01:51 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Some do, like baked beans. They're so delicious. Green beans, on the other hand, are devil food and must be destroyed.

Back on topic, I'm so happy for you GreatTornado. You're taking this step so young, it's fantastic to see. It took me til I was 22 years old to come out to my family and even then they found out through circumstances beyond my control.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old June 25th, 2013 (02:46 AM). Edited June 25th, 2013 by Phantom.
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
Some do, like baked beans. They're so delicious. Green beans, on the other hand, are devil food and must be destroyed.

Back on topic, I'm so happy for you GreatTornado. You're taking this step so young, it's fantastic to see. It took me til I was 22 years old to come out to my family and even then they found out through circumstances beyond my control.
RIGHT. Those were the beans I was thinking about. Mmmm, beans. Now I'm hungry.

So, spill the assorted beans Insomniac. Andy will just have to pick through any green ones.

I'm waiting.

And yeah, good on you GreatTornado. I'm going on 23 here and I still haven't completely come out of the closet; family-wise at least. What can I say? Narnia is fraking awesome. I mean there are little goat leg people here, centaurs, and a really fluffy ass lion. He's fluffy. Fluffy. You find something better than a big, poofy, cuddly, lion that doesn't eat people.

On a side note, Pride is this week. Should be funfun. I'm being forced to go by my friend because, according to him, I am starving the local lesbian population by not making myself more readily available. I just think it's because I'm the only person he can bully into watching the drag show.
Old June 25th, 2013 (10:27 AM).

Quote originally posted by PhantomX0990:
Whoa, whoa, just whoaaa.

Why aren't you telling us more about the very nice lady friend of yours?

That just isn't fair, Insomniac, and you know it. Spill the beans! All of them! The whole can! beans come in a can right?
Okay fine, you guys can have some beans.

She lives in Minnesota (I told myself I wouldn't have a LDR again but god she's amazing) and she is a biracial girl. She is gorrrgeeoousss.

That's all the beans y'aller gonna get!

Also I didn't know GreatTornado was planning on coming out soon.. I'm jealous! Good for you if you do end up taking that big step
Old June 25th, 2013 (01:20 PM).

Thanks for all the support everyone
I thought most people came out at at ages 14-18 I've heard of late bloomers but I didn't think that there were so many of them o.o

I've got a mini update (Yay). I asked the friend I'm out to if my crush has kik and she gave me his kik name so now I have added him. I said hi but he hasn't replied yet :/ I also sent him an email earlier that day asking if he had kik or Facebook or something like that because the holidays are coming up and I want to keep in touch with him. I hope I don't sound creepy or anything...

That's about it. Hopefully I can get a conversation going on kik.

Challenges Completed:
Old June 25th, 2013 (06:52 PM).

The age at which someone comes out is really variable and depends on so many factors, I don't know if there's really an average age. I didn't know or hear of many people coming out before they were at least 18, probably partly because my high school was not the most gay-friendly school in the world - superficially, the school appeared accepting, but there were so many people who would casually use "gay" as an insult for every little thing (e.g., "I can't believe we have to write an essay, this is so gay"), that I think it made people feel it was an unsafe place to talk about it. (My sister is now going to the same school. She says things have improved a lot in that department.)

For me (and a lot of other aces) I didn't even have a word to describe what I am until I was about 20. I just assumed I was straight (and a really late bloomer) for a long time. I'm 22 now, and I've come out to my friends, but I still haven't come out to my family, because I just don't know how to bring it up.

It's great that you've figured this out at your age though, and have the courage to come out. I wish I could go back to my 13-year-old self when so many of my friends started dating and explain to her why I didn't feel the same way. It would have saved me so much confusion.
Old June 25th, 2013 (09:54 PM).

Well schools ended but nothing happened much. Me and my crush talked a bit but yeah.

Off-topic: Also, I have a really red pimple on my neck (ACNE D: ) and a little kid came up to me and asked if I was a vampire. I said yes and showed him my sharp teeth and he ran away xD I think I ruined his childhood or something XD

Challenges Completed:
Old June 25th, 2013 (11:41 PM).
WITH SEAWATER

Man, my gf is too cute, and she doesn't even believe it :P
I keep wanting to drop hints to my mom like, hey, y'know, she's my girlfriend...but for some reason I keep getting interrupted by other people/things (i'm on vacation lol) and I can never bring the subject back around =__= Long-distance is still annoying, especially when she's way too shy to want to cam with me, and if I can manage to convince her to do it, she gets red and doesn't stay very long. Sweet girl. I might start saving up so I can try to go visit her next summer. I hope I'll be able to :D
Old June 26th, 2013 (06:54 PM).

Quote originally posted by GreatTornado:
Well schools ended but nothing happened much. Me and my crush talked a bit but yeah.

Off-topic: Also, I have a really red pimple on my neck (ACNE D: ) and a little kid came up to me and asked if I was a vampire. I said yes and showed him my sharp teeth and he ran away xD I think I ruined his childhood or something XD
I think that's hilarious :D

Also it might be slow talking to your crush for a while, but my tip of advice is to not contact him too often. It might give off a creepy vibe if you're trying to contact him on kik every other day.

I suggest getting him to warm up to you, and waiting for him to contact you. If he doesn't wait a day or two and say hey or what's up.

I learned this the hard way. :\ I kept texting my crush like every day and she got all weirded out.
Old June 27th, 2013 (06:46 AM).
✿♥✿
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
Same-sex marriage is now legal in California! Plenty however don't seem too happy about it. I'd truly like to see this become permanent so here's to the future!
Old June 27th, 2013 (11:56 AM).

Quote originally posted by Xolace:
Same-sex marriage is now legal in California! Plenty however don't seem too happy about it. I'd truly like to see this become permanent so here's to the future! :)
I think it's weird that I'm gay myself but I don't really.. I don't feel affected by this at all. When I heard about it I kind of shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

I know it IS in fact a huge deal though and I'm glad it's finally legal :)
Old June 27th, 2013 (01:59 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
It's a huge win for the LGBT community. It was funny seeing all the bigots come out of hiding yesterday on social networks, though it's kinda sad to see all of the nasty things people decide to say behind the safety of their keyboards and computers. Nevertheless, it's kind of expected that Bible-thumpers would be out and about after being hit with a new dose of reality. What I don't understand is why people think gays marrying will affect them in any way? Why do people criticize something they don't even understand? The effort some people put into advocating for DOMA and Prop 8 was beyond bizarre to me.
Old June 27th, 2013 (02:52 PM).
Thanks for everything.

Nature: Serious
It is really good news to hear. Hopefully it can get legalised in other states too - it's another step for the LGBT community.

The Get Together will be my final event here. I'm finished afterwards.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)