The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 9th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Adrian Smidth

As the imps ran towards them, Adrian put on a stern face and raised his hammer, not at all sure that he was up for this. The butler imp threw itself forward, but was suddenly stopped but something hitting its head and throwing it aside. Not Adrian's hammer. Something unseen? He would have halted his movements, puzzled, if not a second imp had leaped towards them just then. However, Penelope stepped forward bravely and kicked a football into its stomach. The fairy imp's wings fluttered energetically in painful surprise.

Just then, Adrian realized that he heard a new tune sounding in the air. He turned his head towards the sound and gasped when he saw that there was a new house there. A fifth house. And in front of it was a girl who had just hit an imp so hard that it exploded into a couple of big, bright gems on the ground. Behind her, another imp leaped forward though... The bunny imp. It bit her shoulder.

Adrian didn't think twice. Maybe because that imp wore Jet's ears and teeth and he felt like it should be his responsibility. Maybe because if a monster bites a girl in front of you, you just have to do what you can to help her.

He ran away from the group and reached the new house and the girl just when she had managed to get the line of a fishing pole snared around the imps throat, beginning to strangle it. With a short battlecry, Adrian took a leap, raised the plastic mjölnir and swung it down hard onto the bunny imp's head. It exploded into some large gems almost immediately.

One of the gems bounced Adrian's way and touched his foot. As it did, it evaporated into nowhere. Before saying anything, Adrian reached down and touched the other gems as well - it felt oddly satisfying. Then, still panting slightly, he stood up and faced the girl who had just almost singlehandedly taken down two monsters.

She was pretty short but more muscular than him, and she looked Asian... No, Hispanic... No, he didn't really know, but did it even matter?

"Hi," he said. "I'm Adrian. Welcome to the MEDIUM."

--

The fourth imp, the one with bear-like features, was tantalizing Liam and Vinnie back in between the circle of houses. But all of the sudden, a fifth imp leaped up behind them with a scream. This one had four arms and a rhino beetle horn in its face. It was time for Vinnie and Liam to get their hands dirty as well!

--

Two of the characters present were not partaking in the battle at all. One was BURKESTROYERSPRITE, who was now walking out from the house behind Adrian and Odetta. The other was the mixed SPRITE, who was just hovering close to Penelope, Liam and Vinnie, as if it just wanted to watch and wait for something... And when its eyes fell upon the newcomer BURKESTROYERSPRITE, it seemed as if its wait was over.

The two sprites were drawn to each other as if there was a supernatural force controlling them. When they touched, an immensely bright light was let out, blinding the onlookers in case they weren't looking in the opposite direction.

When the light subsided, a dark figure stood there. Completely black, like the imps, and with white lights for eyes just like them. But the eyes of this figure weren't narrow and evil. They were round and open and seemed almost... Happy. The smile with the bright teeth beneath, which weren't at all as pointy as the teeth of the imps, also added to the perception of this dark figure as someone who would likely not attack the kids.

((OOC: we're on the second page, wohoo!))

Last edited by Adventure; June 9th, 2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old June 9th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy

Vinnie Valentine

"Aye, my name's Liam. I be from Scotland," Liam began. "Now before I get all friendly with ye lads and lassies, I got to get a few things off my chest. I don't like to step around the truth too much, so I'll do my best to be charming as all Scotsman are," he then turned to Adrian.

"Ye lad talk too much. Ye ramble on and on long enough and I'm going to ignore ya." Yes, finally somebody who calls it as it is! Adrian's smug smile disappeared quickly, leaving only a conflicted and sad face. Then apparently it was my turn. "Ye must be an interesting one. Rather friendly and all until a girl pops in and suddenly ye are all over that. Give her time to breath and such. I thought the French were romantic, not desperate." Okay wow f*ck that. I was actually just pissed that nobody bothered to ask me my name, but now I actually am going to try and win over Penelope. Just because of that. Game on, Liam.

"Ye girl..eh I got nothing bad to say. I hope ye pick the right one out of this lot. Oh and next time, warn me before ye hug me again. I rather give ye a proper one next time." Okay so that's his game. Bash everyone except the girl and then feign indifference. Clever man, clever man. It's going to be tricky snagging the girl with this guy around. Before anybody could respond to the snark load that was just unleashed, a loud hissing noise grabbed everyone's attention. A black, small creature, with glowing white eyes and a butler tuxedo coat on started to creep towards the group. It was kinda frightening, being black and very imp-like. It was like something out of a video game, an enemy.

"WHAT IS THAT!" yelled Adrian. Funny, he wasn't so smug now. Then Penelope exclaimed, "Why is it coming closer?!" She hid behind Liam. (Liam, +1)

"That is an IMP," the sprite collage said, "It is your enemy. You should use your STRIFE WEAPONS to kill it, or more will come."

The imp was joined by three or four other buddies, each wearing something that the sprite mashup had. I guess whatever we prototyped affects more than the sprite. It's a good thing I didn't prototype something dangerous or deadly, that would have sucked. I was still a little nervous, however. What if these guys were tough? Or if they were poisonous and such? Do we even take physical injury from battle wounds? I guess I shouldn't try finding out, regardless. I materialized my chakram at this point. Better than nothing I guess.

"Better get those fighting skills tuned and raise your stats a bit!" Mr. Sprite said. He seemed really happy for some reason, no idea why. Maybe he got it from one of the other prototypings, because he sure didn't sound anything like Reginald. I wonder if *real* Reginald is on Earth with Mémé....

"HOW DO WE DO THAT?" Adrian said, again extremely loud. Jesus did he get off the smug express with the quickness. (Not that I can talk, I'm pretty much petrified at this point.) "HOW DO WE RAISE OUR SKILLS!?"

The SPRITE smiled almost as smugly as Adrian did a minute ago. Almost. "Use them!"

"Oh!"

The imps lunged at us, with deadly sharp claws and teeth showing. But a gunshot rang through the air. The lead imp tumbed to the ground, got back up, and ran off. Holy sh*t, gunshots didn't even hurt them? Another imp peeled off to follow is bullet-ridden cohort, while another (a fairy winged one) seemed ready to jump at Penelope. She quickly stepped out from behind Liam, and made quick work of the imp attacking her. Adrian ran off after the two imps that left, while a fifth player strugged to hold them off herself (yesss more females. But I had one to worry about already). By the time Penelope had finished off her imp, a fifth one emerged, with beetle like features. It approached Penelope from behind, as she bent over to gather some loot from the enemy.

Time to tip the scales in my favor.

"Watch out!" I yelled, jumping to stand in front of Penelope as the imp lunged. It jumped at me, teeth gnashing and claws scratching. I managed to hold it away from scratching anything vital on me, while also getting my chakram maneuvered into slicing its chest. It jumped away, and I readied my chakram in a Frisbee throwing position. Yeah, I know that's not how they are traditionally thrown, but I'm not about to twirl this razor sharp disc on my fingers. As it prepared to pounce again, I threw my weapon, severing the little bastard's arm. It squealed and exploded into black mist, leaving behind only a few colorful gems on the ground. They kinda looked like fruit gushers.....

My heart racing a little from the excitement, I turned back to Penelope. " Est ce que vous allez bien?" I probably shouldn't have said it so formally, but I didn't wanna make her feel weird.

I glanced towards Liam as he dealt with his imp. Knight to E4.

((ooc: I know that chess pun was sooo lame but I couldn't help myself... ;_)

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
It seemed that introductions were over. And it wasn't bad enough that most of the people around him gawked at his accent. What? They heard a Scot before. Imagine their shock when Liam tried his Irish accent. That would be even more confused. Their brains would probably melt. Upon completing his rather brief disorientation of each of the people that he was stuck with, a small plump black creature with glowing white silts for eyes and sharp tiny teeth emerged. For now, Liam's interest was honestly piqued. Would they finally have some action? Would defeating the little creature uncover some clues on how the hell do get out? It was worth a shot. While Liam was pretty focused on killing the creature or at least prepared to do so (the fact he had a sword on hand gave him enough confidence to defeat a small creature that barely reached his knees), Adrian panicked.

"WHAT IS THAT!" he said very loudly, losing any sense of the composure he tried to show before. The kid talked a lot and would make sense he would be the first to vocalize any sense of fear.

"That is an IMP," the strange SPRITE said, suddenly standing beside Adrian. "It is your enemy. You should use your STRIFE WEAPONS to kill it, or more will come."

Well, that's awfully obvious, ye dumb sprite thing.

More of the "imps" showed up, not to Liam's surprise. Of course it had friends. Ever play a game when only one enemy showed up? These other "imps" looked a bit different though. One had fairy wings but was clad in only its black skin otherwise, reminding Liam of his own sprite. The others were probably connected to others somehow too, but Liam didn't bother to check and confirm. He didn't care enough. He only hoped everyone was useful enough to hold their own.

"Better get those fighting skills tuned and raise your stats a bit!" the SPRITE said, soundly awfully cheery about the whole thing. Maybe it shared Liam's enthusiasm about actually doing something. Then again, the information was awfully easy to process and it didn't take a genius to understand that they had to fight to level up.

"HOW DO WE DO THAT?" Adrian screamed again. Was he daft? It was common sense. "HOW DO WE RAISE OUR SKILLS!?" That confirmed it. Adrian was thick headed, whiny, loud, obnoxious and borderline useless. At least that was the impression so far. Liam wanted to yell at boy, scolding him, but the IMPs didn't leave him much of an opportunity. All of the other "gamers" leapt into the fray, engaging the IMPs with their particular choice of weapon. Penelope appeared to use a soccer ball and someone else actually seemed to shoot the damn things with something, but Liam may have been imagining things. As he zoned out, observing the fight, he found himself joined by Vinnie in a tight situation, surrounding by two IMPs, not resembling anything he noticed before. Vinnie handled one that was about to sneak attack Penelope pretty handily, impressing Liam with a surprising degree of skill. At least Vinnie and Penelope (in hindsight) were pretty useful. Unlike Adrian.

This left Liam with an IMP resembling a bear. A small, tiny, insignificant bear. Liam remain unimpressed. He generated his sword into his right hand, and took a stance, awaiting the bear's first attack. It leapt up at Liam's face, and he parried the attack. The bear IMP bounced away and went for another leap, but Liam sidestepped this one, kicking the IMP aside. As it rolled on the ground, Liam pursued the creature and jabbed his sword into the IMP as it laid limp on the ground. It dissipated into a black mist, leaving behind an handful of gems on the ground. Liam picked up his loot and turned the others, before his eyes traced another black figure seemingly watching over all the kids. Unlike the IMPs, he didn't look hostile, but it didn't ease Liam's mind any.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Adrian Smidth

Adrian looked up, puzzled, at the thing that their merged sprite had turned into.

"What's that?" he asked Odetta.

The dark sprite seemed to have heard him. It turned its face towards them, where it was standing in between the two groups of kids. Its smile widened and all of a sudden - it laughed.

"Hello!" it said, in a voice that sounded more like a man in his twenties than like any of the previous spriteversion voices. "I am so happy to see you, you cannot even begin to understand! Well, I will try to make you understand, of course. Welcome to the MEDIUM!"

Adrian was a bit irritated. Hadn't he been welcomed here enough times already?

"I am sure you are all feeling pretty confused and maybe angry or scared right now. You must have realized that you have left Earth, you have left the confines of your very UNIVERSE, actually. And with that, you are no longer bound by the physical or logical laws of it. Space, time and life out here in the depths of PARADOX SPACE works very differently. See, the MEDIUM is where you are now. And it is like a solar system, much smaller of course, with many LANDS orbiting the center, and outside of them there is an asteroid belt and outside of that... the vastness of PARADOX SPACE spreads out. I hope that gives you at least some kind of picture as to where you are now, on the planet that is the Land of Grass and Growth!"

"Hold on there, loremaster!" Adrian said, stepping forward until he stood only a meter away from the tall, black, winged figure. It still smiled down at him, patiently. "I get that you are some kind of mix of all our sprites and those sprites tried to give a bunch of info all at once, at least mine did. But we all just started playing a game. A computer game. How is this even possible?" He waved his hands as if to gesture to everything around him.

The sprite smiled and looked over at Liam, Vinnie, Penelope, Adrian and Odetta in turns. "Well, you see... Like I said, the laws that you think make up reality, they do not all apply here. And that game, CHESS, was a mechanism that put aside some of those laws to fetch a number of PLAYERS from within my UNIVERSE, so that the game could be played. As it is always played. Outside of a UNIVERSE."

Adrian shook his head and looked at Liam and the others to see if they believed this. They had just been fighting little trolls after all...

"What do you mean 'my' universe?" he then asked slowly.

The dark sprite smiled wider than ever and stretched his arms and wings out. "Pardon me, that was a bit selfishly said. I meant to say from 'my' planet, I guess. I shaped it, after all. I would think that if you planted a colony of flowers in a flowerbed and cared for them for a long time, you would refer to them as your flowers, would you not?"

Adrian blinked. "What'r you sayin."

"I am not demanding that you praise me as your lord or anything at this point really," the dark sprite said with a wink. "But I am GOD."

((OOC: do ask "GOD" questions if you think your characters would have any, about anything,
as pretty soon he might disappear again :p ))

Last edited by Adventure; June 17th, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious

Odetta Freeman

As Odetta continued grappling with the creature, the other kids started fighting them as well. One of them, a boy, ran to her instead and hit the one in front of her, killing it. After he collected the gem things that burst out of it he turned to her and said, “Hi, I'm Adrian. Welcome to the MEDIUM." Odetta didn’t thank him because she didn’t really need the help but she gave an acknowledging nod in his direction anyway. There were other gems in still there from the first thing she killed so she went over to them and tried grabbing them only to see them disappear. She frowned and wondered what the point was in trying to get something that disappeared when you touched it but didn’t worry about it for long.

Taking this chance to look around, Odetta saw that the other kids had taken down the other monsters, although there now was a larger one with wings in the middle. She quickly let go of the rod, which disappeared the same way it had appeared before, and grabbed her rifle which she aimed at the new humanoid creature, ready to use the last bullet in the magazine if it moved. Maybe something more human like would be hurt by bullets. Adrian asked her what it was but she didn’t know so she simply (and a touch sarcastically) responded “I dunno, maybe it’ll introduce itself.” Instead of moving, though, it spoke and did exactly that.

"Hello! I am so happy to see you, you cannot even begin to understand! Well, I will try to make you understand, of course. Welcome to the MEDIUM!" It...he...whatever...was a lot jollier than Odetta had expected although she kept the rifle trained on him, crosshairs straight on his head. He continued and explained more about this Medium place and Adrian questioned him leading to the explanation that the laws of physics didn’t apply and yada yada yada. Did any of this really matter? The way Odetta saw it was that they were in a game and they had to win to save their families, simple. She didn’t care where they were, how they got here, or how it all worked. Who this guy was did matter though, but only to the extent of whether he was a friend or foe. Soon enough, though, she had a name. “I am GOD.”

God? Like the all-seeing, all-powerful creator of all? The one from the Bible? Odetta sighed. “Figures, God would probably be the only one capable of pulling something like this.” She finally lowered her rifle and looked God straight in the eyes. “Look, I know that they say ‘God works in mysterious ways’ so you’ve probably got some big plan in place incomprehensible to mortal minds with legitimate reasons for us all being here, but what I don’t get is why you need all the sprites for this, considering that you’re an omniscient being with the power to create worlds and all that fun stuff. ‘cause I kinda want Burke back.” Burke was the only friend she had here and she didn’t really feel like making any new ones since they were here to win a game and save everyone, not to make friends and hang out. It wasn’t anything against Adrian or any of the others, but she just had more important things to do.

Last edited by Geras32; June 17th, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

GOD

“Look, I know that they say ‘God works in mysterious ways’ so you’ve probably got some big plan in place incomprehensible to mortal minds with legitimate reasons for us all being here, but what I don’t get is why you need all the sprites for this, considering that you’re an omniscient being with the power to create worlds and all that fun stuff. ‘cause I kinda want Burke back.”

God nodded, still smiling. "Burke is not gone forever... Well, he is merged with that Destroyer for a long time."

He started to pace forth and back between them. "I needed all those prototypings to take physical shape in the MEDIUM, because I do not have much power here." He made an embarrassed gesture with a hand and the corresponding wing.

"See... My final reward was to have amazing power over a single world - which in one of your languages is called EARTH. I made sure life evolved on EARTH. Sometimes I had to start over, like with the dinosaurs, ugh... Reptilians are pretty difficult to cultivate." God scratched his head. It was unclear if it had hair or not, black tufts could be seen though.

"But in this MEDIUM, I am apparently confined to having the powers of all your SPRITES combined. Pretty nifty though!" His wings suddenly changed into glimmering fairy ones, he grew a white vest, a pompom appeared in one of his hands and the other turned into a branch with leaves. "Haha. This will surely be very interesting later on. But do not worry. If I remember correctly, you will most often have your SPRITES split up. I will only be able to talk with you like this on special occasions. Such as the start of the game, where you might need an extra push."

He turned back into his blank form and looked at Odetta, a bit of worry in his eyes. "Is there anything else you wonder, friends? Because more enemies are coming and I want to show you a fun - and even necessary - way to improve your weapons."

Old June 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Vinnie Valentine - Talking with JESUS

I turned around from Penelope to see a new creature-thing. All black with a human body and angel wings....he looked sorta like a fantasy RPG villain. His white, featureless eyes were a little spooky, not to mention the fact that he was just floating above us, watching. I unequipped my chakram and crossed my arms towards the Angel. I squinted my eyes against the glare of the Sunset on the horizon. For some reason, I felt drawn to this new character. I looked over at Adrian and the new girl, who were walking towards the Angel. Looking around, Liam and Penelope had noticed him too....wait. Where was our sprite? I scanned the area but did not see the strange informant. Maybe it ran off? Or...somehow turned into the Black Angel? Whatever, I'm sure its fine.

Adrian must have asked it something, because it turned to him and the girl.

"Hello!" said the Angel in a young adult Male's voice. "I am so happy to see you, you cannot even begin to understand! Well, I will try to make you understand, of course. Welcome to the MEDIUM!" Sure sounds like the sprites, saying the same thing over and over.

"I am sure you are all feeling pretty confused and maybe angry or scared right now. You must have realized that you have left Earth, you have left the confines of your very UNIVERSE, actually. And with that, you are no longer bound by the physical or logical laws of it. Space, time and life out here in the depths of PARADOX SPACE works very differently. See, the MEDIUM is where you are now. And it is like a solar system, much smaller of course, with many LANDS orbiting the center, and outside of them there is an asteroid belt and outside of that... the vastness of PARADOX SPACE spreads out. I hope that gives you at least some kind of picture as to where you are now, on the planet that is the Land of Grass and Growth!"

Ugh, astronomy. So like....the planets are all orbiting the thing, but they're called lands....and there's some asteroids and stuff. And the paradox thing is outside the solar system which is smaller than a normal solar system? And then- aw, screw it I'll just pretend they're like the worlds in Demon's Souls.

"Hold on there, loremaster!" Adrian said, moving towards the Angel, "I get that you are some kind of mix of all our sprites and those sprites tried to give a bunch of info all at once, at least mine did. But we all just started playing a game. A computer game. How is this even possible?" That's a good question. The Angel responded by looking over each of us slowly, still smiling.

"Well, you see... Like I said, the laws that you think make up reality, they do not all apply here. And that game, CHESS, was a mechanism that put aside some of those laws to fetch a number of PLAYERS from within my UNIVERSE, so that the game could be played. As it is always played. Outside of a UNIVERSE." Okay, so basically f*ck the Laws of the Universe. Haha, like that ExDeath thing in Dissidia: "The laws of the universe mean NOTHIIIIIIIIING!" Pchoeye pvkawww sssssssss powk. Haha yeah. That was great.....

But then I had a question, and apparently so did Adrian.

"What do you mean 'my' universe?" He asked very slowly. It was a real "omg I just figured something out that's creepy and ominous that will probably lead to a commercial break" type of moment. The Angel smiled wider and extended his arms out, as if showing us the new bathroom he painted.

"Pardon me, that was a bit selfishly said. I meant to say from 'my' planet, I guess. I shaped it, after all. I would think that if you planted a colony of flowers in a flowerbed and cared for them for a long time, you would refer to them as your flowers, would you not?"

Oh Jesus did he just say that. "What'r you sayin."

"I am not demanding that you praise me as your lord or anything at this point really," the Angel said with a wink. "But I am GOD." Dun dun DUN. Okay yeah he's probably full of sh*t. Why would God blow his own universe up? I mean, he did do the whole flood thing, which was kinda a dick move, but come on. Blow it up completely? The new girl had a question now.

"Figures, God would probably be the only one capable of pulling something like this.Look, I know that they say ‘God works in mysterious ways’ so you've probably got some big plan in place incomprehensible to mortal minds with legitimate reasons for us all being here, but what I don’t get is why you need all the sprites for this, considering that you’re an omniscient being with the power to create worlds and all that fun stuff. ‘cause I kinda want Burke back." Okay well I miss Reginald too you don't see me tearing up.

God nodded, still smiling. "Burke is not gone forever... Well, he is merged with that Destroyer for a long time."

He started to pace forth and back between them. "I needed all those prototypings to take physical shape in the MEDIUM, because I do not have much power here."

He made an embarrassed gesture with a hand and the corresponding wing."See... My final reward was to have amazing power over a single world - which in one of your languages is called EARTH. I made sure life evolved on EARTH. Sometimes I had to start over, like with the dinosaurs, ugh... Reptilians are pretty difficult to cultivate."

God scratched his head. It was unclear if it had hair or not, black tufts could be seen though.

"But in this MEDIUM, I am apparently confined to having the powers of all your SPRITES combined. Pretty nifty though!" His wings suddenly changed into glimmering fairy ones, he grew a white vest, a pompom appeared in one of his hands and the other turned into a branch with leaves. "Haha. This will surely be very interesting later on. But do not worry. If I remember correctly, you will most often have your SPRITES split up. I will only be able to talk with you like this on special occasions. Such as the start of the game, where you might need an extra push."

He turned back into his blank form and looked at Odetta, a bit of worry in his eyes. "Is there anything else you wonder, friends? Because more enemies are coming and I want to show you a fun - and even necessary - way to improve your weapons."

"Yeah. I got one. Who was right? Are you Ra, Yahweh, Allah, Artemis, Jupiter, Zeus, Shiva, Quetzalcoatl? Who had the right idea, if anyone?"

Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:39 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

GOD

At Vinnie's question, God seemed to really think hard about what to say. Finally, he sighed. "Well. None of them were right. But that does not mean that religion was not an amusing phenomena! I mean, oh, I do not mean amusing. I mean, it was... I really think it helped humankind onwards in the strife of evolution."

He looked at all of the kids again. "The evolution which was always meant to lead to this game. See... If a world grows to host intelligent life, CHESS might find its way there to reap the planet." He shuddered a little. "That is basically what it is. To get players. And the point of that is even bigger than anything and I actually do not think it's a good thing if I tell you the whole reason for you being here yet. What is imporant now is that you guys survive. And grow as people. And..."

He suddenly froze and looked out over the grasslands that seemingly infinitely surrounded the little cluster of houses. Some more black things were seen far away. More enemies.

"Yeah, about those weapons? Listen up. Remember how you used an item from your inventory on the PROTOTRUDER to make a TOTEMATERIAL? All of you should now go back to your own homes and find some interesing item. Use that and your weapon on the PROTOTRUDER at the same time, and you will receive a TOTEMATERIAL that when used on the alchemiter will produce a new weapon for you!"

GOD smiled widely and began motioning the kids back towards their respective homes. "You will then have two weapons in your STRIFE DECK. The old, unmodified one, and the new mixed one. Try to think of an item to use that will make your weapon more dangerous - for others, not for yourself! And hurry up!"

Adrian swallowed and tried to stop seeming so frantic and silly. "Okay..." he said and nodded to the others before walking back to his own house. He missed his rabbit already.

- Find an item to put in the PROTOTRUDER together with your current WEAPON.

- Put the new TOTEMATERIAL on the ALCHEMITER and the new WEAPON will be created.

- Make up a (funny) name fitting of your new WEAPON. You are free to decide the design and new properties of it yourself, but don't make it the ultimate end-game weapon just yet. If you feel uncreative, let me know and I will design and name the new weapon for you.

Old July 10th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Penelope Cruz
--- Act 0
Everything... was rather confusing to Penelope. Suddenly an all black being that had taken the shape of a man with... wings, yeah, wings spoke to them. The words that came out of his mouth interested Penelope for the time being but she didn't really care to ask any questions like he had ask. She could think of a few inappropriate questions, who was more attractive, Adrian, Vinnie, or Liam? It might ease her decision, well, not that she had to get close to any of them, because a women didn't need a man to define herself or better herself. Something her mother once told her, Penelope frowned at the memories of her family, seeing them (even Vieve and Gav) again was something she looked forward to.

Paying attention to the last part the "God" person spoke Penelope wondered what was in her house that could be utilized as a more dangerous weapon. What could you combine with a soccer ball to make it more dangerous? Fire? Blech, all the ideas she had weren't of any help,

"Well... If anyone gentleman wants to accompany back to my house, follow along," Penelope beamed, looking at Liam and Vinnie as Adrian had already taken off.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

"Well. None of them were right. But that does not mean that religion was not an amusing phenomena! I mean, oh, I do not mean amusing. I mean, it was... I really think it helped humankind onwards in the strife of evolution. The evolution which was always meant to lead to this game. See... If a world grows to host intelligent life, CHESS might find its way there to reap the planet."

He shuddered a little. "That is basically what it is. To get players. And the point of that is even bigger than anything and I actually do not think it's a good thing if I tell you the whole reason for you being here yet. What is imporant now is that you guys survive. And grow as people. And..."

He suddenly froze and looked out towards the fields. I looked too, and saw some black monsters.

"Yeah, about those weapons? Listen up. Remember how you used an item from your inventory on the PROTOTRUDER to make a TOTEMATERIAL? All of you should now go back to your own homes and find some interesing item. Use that and your weapon on the PROTOTRUDER at the same time, and you will receive a TOTEMATERIAL that when used on the alchemiter will produce a new weapon for you!" Awesome. I can make up all kinds of stuff with this!

"You will then have two weapons in your STRIFE DECK. The old, unmodified one, and the new mixed one. Try to think of an item to use that will make your weapon more dangerous - for others, not for yourself! And hurry up!"

Adrian nodded towards everyone else and headed back to his house. Eh, who needs him.

"Well... If anyone gentleman wants to accompany back to my house, follow along," said Penelope. I shrugged, and looked at Liam, Penelope, and the new girl.

"Actually, I was thinking that perhaps we four should go to my house. I have a lot of swords and **** if Liam wants to get a bigger one or something, plus in general everything a house needs. Which for my house, is a lot." I guestured to my château.

"All sorts of weapons, movies, applainces, even a suit of armor are in there. Problem is, I don't really know what I could use to make my weapon better. But you guys are fee to use any of it, as long as you give it back later! Anyone game?"

Old July 10th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Adrian stopped on his porch when he heard Vinnie's words. Hmmm. He had a hammer. He didn't have overly many interesting things in his own house. Plus, it reminded him of his poor sisters rather than comfort him right now. He sighed quietly and walked back to the group.

"I'll come," he said with a nervous face and looked towards the horizon. There were clearly black creatures walking towards them now, and they weren't even far away.

"Yes, yes, very good!" GOD said with a bright smile and suddenly flew up into the air. "When you have made your new weapons, you should ascend to the highest floor of a building and wait for IMPS to reach you."

"Just, wait?" Adrian asked, dumbfounded.

"Yes. When you kill one, you'll see what happens. I can reveal that you are meant to go upwards for now, and that your goal is to reach one of the gates that look much like the portal you entered to escape from Earth."

With that and another wink, he flew away towards the creatures some rolling hills away. Hopefully to stall them, Adrian thought before he looked up into the sky above the houses. There was actually something... shimmering up there. Like dots of colorful light high above each of their houses. Were those the gates? How were they supposed to get there?

Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:19 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Vinnie led the way into his house. Penelope and Adrian followed rather eagerly, then Liam with a half-content look and lastly Odetta a bit more carefully.

Vinnie's house was a "chateau" as he'd like to call it. They entered the front hallway, where the kitchen was right in front of them, some rooms on the sides and some stairs going both up and down. The machines were on the upper floor, the PROTOTRUDER in the living room and the ALCHEMITER in one of the bedrooms there. Downstairs was Vinnie's "bat cave", his second bedroom where he kept a lot of interesting stuff that could maybe be used for alchemizing.

"Okay, time to go wild, then? What kind of weapons do you guys have again? I have a hammer. So I guess I want to alchemize it with something that hurts to be hit with," Adrian said plainly and moved into the kitchen to look for a knife or frying pan or something.

Same instructions as before...

- Find an item to put in the PROTOTRUDER together with your current WEAPON.

- Put the new TOTEMATERIAL on the ALCHEMITER and the new WEAPON will be created.

- Make up a (funny) name fitting of your new WEAPON. You are free to decide the design and new properties of it yourself, but don't make it the ultimate end-game weapon just yet. If you feel uncreative, let me know and I will design and name the new weapon for you.

Old July 25th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Odetta Freeman

Odetta was in the middle of walking back to her house to mix her fishing rod with her rifle when she heard the curly-haired kid say something about him having "swords and ****" at his house. She realized that she could probably get something now to mix the stupid fishing rod with later. It seemed everyone else liked the sound of that too since everybody followed that kid into his house. Adrian asked everyone what weapons they had before asking for suggestions on what to mix his hammer with. "I've got a damn fishing rod, but I don't think it really matters how deadly the thing you mix your weapon with is, considering the fact that this is a place where I can kill something faster with a fishing rod than with a rifle." Odetta walked around the kitchen opening drawers and cupboards everywhere as she spoke. There didn't seem to be anything worth it in the kitchen so she jogged down the stairs to continue her search there.

When she reached what she assumed would be a basement Odetta saw a bed and computer as if it were a bedroom along with a vast array of weapons and other stuff covering the walls. Some of them had rather eccentric appearances but she just shrugged it off and started looking for a really useful one. However, for the most they were all just swords with only looks separating one from the other. Her eyes wandered until they found the suit of armor propped up, or rather its hands. She really missed boxing but figured that she probably needed to be able to move her fingers if she was going to be climbing to roofs and things like that. The iron gauntlets on that thing seemed to offer protection, punching strength, and finger movement. Having made up her mind on their usefulness, Odetta took the pair of gauntlets and left back to her home.

Back home, Odetta went about following the instructions given to them by God. She ran through the steps in her mind as she did them. Use the item and your weapon on the prototruder at the same time... Odetta held up the fishing rod and the rifle, but she found herself looking back at the gauntlets she had taken. Was using the rifle really the best choice? She would have to worry about ammo and should probably wait until she could find more, or alchemize more, or whatever before she used it. In truth she probably just wanted to punch some imps and was trying to justify pleasure over practicality but those were actually legitimate points. In the end she decided that she was wasting too much time thinking and put the gun down, putting the rod and the on the prototruder. As told, a totematerial was created just like the first time. Also like the first time, Odetta took the totematerial and used it on the alchemiter.

After the machine did its thing, Odetta was rewarded with the Sturgeon Slugger, which looked like a metal fishing pole with a metal gauntlet in place of a hook. It really didn't seem any more useful than the original thing until she tried putting her hand into the gauntlet. It fit. That meant that she could punch things and since it was still attatched to the rod it would count! Although being attached to the fishing line complicated things a little. It could get tangled around her arm as she was punching things if the line was out too far or she could punch too hard and pull the rod out of her other hand if the line was out too little. Well at least she could also use it as a flail.

Mostly satisfied with her creation, Odetta grabbed a large hunting backpack and stuffed it with ammo, non-perishable food items (canned food, jerky, crackers and stuff) and some bottles of water along with her typical survival things before tying her rifle to it. She didn't put it on yet since she had some monsters to fight but would be back for it when it was time to go through that gate. Although she still had no idea how she would get there. Then, with Sturgeon Slugger in hand, Odetta climbed to the roof of her home as she had many times before and waited.

Last edited by Geras32; July 25th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old July 26th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Adrian

The kitchen was large and elegant. Apparently Vinnie wasn't a poor kid, no sir. Adrian shuddered a little - what if he was the lamest guy around here? He had to try and fit in. Like he always did.

Pulling out some drawers, he soon spotted a stand with knives on a shelf. Now, they looked deadly. But wasn't that a bit boring? Something inside him said that here, he could practically mix ANYTHING with his hammer, and end up with an extraordinary weapon. He materialized the PLASTIC MJÖLNIR in his hand and felt the low weight. This wasn't a too lethal weapon yet. He had to make it heavier. And possibly pointier? Hmm. A knife would be good after all...

But then he absentmindedly pulled out another drawer and spotted a bunch of silver forks. The urge to make something interesting came over him, and PLASTIC MJÖLNIR disappeared back into the nether. Before Vinnie or someone else who might be in the vicinity could stop him, he scooped up at least ten of the forks in his arms and ran out from the kitchen, out from Vinnie's house.

In the yard between their houses, Adrian heard the sound of... barking? No, squealing maybe more. He ran to his own house, and only caught a glimpse of black above his head - it made him came to a halt on his porch and look up. GOD was fluttering above his porch, a smile on his face.

"Hurry up, they are soon here~!" he hinted, in a far too cheerful manner. Adrian nodded and ran inside.

The PROTOTRUDER was still in his room, and Adrian tried to shove all the forks into it. Didn't work. "WHAT!" he blurted out. But his mind had already started searching for new possibilities, as it always did. Last time, when he had created the portal, the figure on the screen had taken an item from his inventory and - oh.

He opened up the superhero messenger bag he was still wearing around his upper body, and poured the forks down into it. Looking down, he could somehow see two things down there, both with labels. DIRTY SOCK and FORKJUMBLE. He sure didn't want to prototype a dirty sock with his weapon. Though... Maybe he should try just for the heck of it?

He first, somehow and very abstractly, took the label and button saying FORKJUMBLE from his inventory and placed them in the hatch of the PROTOTRUDER. There was a button he could press. But not yet. First, he went over to his computer and looked in the STRIFEDECK. Only the PLASTIC MJÖLNIR was there still, of course. But how would he...

He tried to imagine the STRIFEDECK inside his head. In front of him in the air. With labels like the items in the inventory had had. Boy, being a character inside a game sure felt surreal sometimes. He grabbed the label saying PLASTIC MJÖLNIR in the air in front of him and placed it in the PROTOTRUDER before pressing the button on the machine. A new TOTEMATERIAL popped up, being slightly curved in comparison to the first one.

He looked in his inventory - the FORKJUMBLE was back already! As if he had never used it. So, apparently items weren't used up in the PROTOTRUDER. They could be alchemized several times. In several combinations... Hmm.

He put the PLASTIC MJÖLNIR + DIRTY SOCK into the machine and pressed the button. Another TOTEMATERIAL popped up, and he made sure to separate the two when he took them in his arms (they felt strangely rubbery) and brought them down to the ALCHEMITER in the entrance hall.

The first one yielded something called a FORKSMITER. It was his mjölnir toy but in silver rather than plastic. Pretty heavy. Also, on the hitting edges of the hammer, little parts of fork were sticking out - if he were to squash an IMP with this, it would leave a dotted pattern of holes in its black skin. Quite interesting! But heavy, still. He had to train for a bit, to be able to wield this effectively.

He put the second TOTEMATERIAL in, but a red light flashed on the ALCHEMITER for a moment, and nothing happened. Adrian looked closer at a little screen next to the tiny platform. "Not enough GRIST." So he had to do something to get more of this GRIST in order to build more things. Okay.

For now, the FORKSMITER was a good enough upgrade (Adrian noticed that when he imagined the STRIFEDECK in front of him though, the PLASTIC MJÖLNIR was still there as well). Now what? He had forgotten what GOD had instructed them to do next.

He went out from his house again and looked for someone else. Up there was GOD, hovering near one of the houses... Hang on. Was there someone on the roof of that building? It was the girl from earlier! The one who arrived after the others. What was she doing up there? Adrian ran into her house, meaning to get up to where she was.

IMPS on their way to Odetta

CHESS sensed that the first player was ready. The barriers were broken. The enemies were let in, at last. The first onslaught was merely a horde of IMPS, sent to get the players going rather than them lazying around as soon as they had entered. They had to get a decent weapon and then get through their first portals, in order to jump into the story of LOGAG. That, or die by the teeth of the IMPS.

If the players should somehow survive the first onslaught without escaping through their PORTALS, the next wave came. This time with OGREs. An OGRE was much bigger than an IMP and had menacing fangs and fists. Sure to get even a brave player running away. If they weren't stupid.

In any case, they had to kill enemies, or UNDERLINGS as they can also be called, in order to get anywhere from here. Killing UNDERLINGS earned them GRIST to alchemize with. And also, every time they killed UNDERLINGS, it counted towards their level increasing.

Currently, all players had reached LEVEL 2 after slaying one IMP each. If they slayed 2 imps now, they would get to level 3. Slaying 3 IMPS then would get them to level 4 etc. It wasn't much more complicated than that, other than killing more dangerous UNDERLINGS might propel you faster through levels. And for each new level, you might get new abilities and your skills would increase.

((OOC: EVERYONE - as you have now grown a level, choose one of the following stats to increase -

CONSTITUTION: ties in with your health bar
IMAGINATION: ties in with your mana meter
WILLPOWER: ties in with your energy hold

Look at one of your earlier posts to figure out what you had last. I should probably add these to the OP :p))

And IMPS came. A horde of them, in various forms from the various prototypings. Still only representing one prototyping each though. Some of them ran directly into Odetta's home, while others climbed the outside of the building to reach the roof where she was... It was as if they sensed her and Adrian being ready, while they were a bit apprehensive about going near Vinnie's house yet.

((OOC: Geras - as soon as Odetta has grown to LEVEL 3, end your post. They are still just as easy to kill as before, especially since you have a better weapon now.))

Last edited by Adventure; July 27th, 2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old July 27th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Penelope Cruz
--- Act 0
Peneloped shrugged her shoulders, Vinnie probably did have cooler things at his house to merge (or whatever it was called) with her SOCCER BALL. She wasn't quite sure what she was going to do, how would it turn out? She needed something that would cause more damage, something that would slow her opponents down. It looked like Adrian was going, perhaps Liam would join them?

Just to make sure Penelope turned toward the tallest boy, "Are you coming or not?"

Not really sure if he was coming, but Penelope didn't wait to find out. Her mouth dropped when she saw Vinnie's "house" because it was like a freaking mansion! Was he rich? Man, to live in this house must have been a blast... Unless there was like family problems but with a big house like this one could easily escape. Penelope skipped, yeah, like she was on the yellow brick road, only by herself. There was a new girl here but Penelope wasn't sure what her name was or who she was, maybe they would have the time to chat later, yeah, later was always good. Unless a mob of those imps came and attacked them, then they would all be at end game.

Penelope entered the house and separated from everyone else, she was on a mission. She lost herself on one of the floors and found herself in the library, there was nothing here that would help her. Oh! Oh! Oh! An idea popped into Penelope's head and she exited the library as quickly as she came and headed to the kitchen she had passed earlier. There was evidence that others had been in here, but they weren't now and that was good. After she looked in three drawers she found what she was looking for, a box of matches. Thankfully, they were enough in there.

What had that God person had said? Oh yeah, she needed to get TOTEMATERIAL by using the PROTOTRUDER and ALCHEMITER. It was easy enough find seeing how big it was, Penelope followed the instructions to the letter that how much a perfectionist she was. The MATCHES + SOCCER BALL were placed inside the PROTOTRUDER. She gathered the TOTEMATERIAL and placed it on the ALCHEMITER.

MATCHBALL.

Cool, a brand new weapon to utilize except it looked exactly the same as her old weapon. Oh well, if things went according to plan it would work just fine. Now what? Where was everyone else? Liam? Vinnie? Adrian? New Girl? Penelope stood in the middle of the ground level floor ready to go out the door.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

IMPs generally everywhere and near Penelope

The moment Penelope steps out, another winged IMP locks eyes with her. A second later, it throws herself at her. Better try that weapon out now!

The yard between the homes is starting to get overrun by IMPS actually. To get from Vinnie's house back to your own, if anyone would like that, you'd have to run really fast or beat a couple of UNDERLINGS on your way. Time to get up to one of the roofs, like Odetta has done. GOD still just flies around up there without interfering more.

The thing is, yeah, what is the thing with all this, really?

The thing: Every time you grow a level, your house will start shaking. Not the house you are in, but your own house. Regardless of where you currently are.

Suddenly, the roof of your house will rise up, and it will be as if a new floor was just squeezed in between the roof and the previous top floor. For every level you grow, your house will become taller. You are all currently on level 2. If you reach level 4, (by killing 2+3=5 imps), or if you are in a house who's owner reaches level 4, you will be able to reach your FIRST GATE.

The gate looks like a glowing spirograph, floating quietly above each and every house. They are of your own chosen color - but someone else can pass through your gate and you can go through someone else's gate.

To pass through it, you simply have to jump up through it. Until all PLAYERS have passed through a FIRST GATE, the IMPS will keep coming.

Where will you end up when you pass through a FIRST GATE? Well, end a post if that happens, and we'll see... GOD seems eager that you reach a gate, is all. Plus, you'll be drowning in IMPS eventually, if you don't.

Old August 6th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Adrian & Odetta

The boy rushed through the front lawn (which was, indeed, very nice) and stormed inside the house. He heard sounds behind him and turned around only to see a minor horde of imps running in between all of their houses. With a little squeak, he slammed the door closed and leaned against it, hoping that no imps would figure out how to turn the handle for a while.

Now what? Where was that girl? Oh right, on the roof. Her home was relatively simple. Much like Adrian's own actually. He didn't bother exploring the bottom floor - in only a few seconds he was up on the top floor. But Odetta was nowhere to be seen. How had she reached the roof? Adrian scratched his head and looked for a balcony or a hatch or something.

Imps began climbing along the walls of the house on all four sides. While there were some that crawled through the windows, apparently finding Adrian more appealing than Odetta, the majority seemed to be headed for the roof. Perhaps it was because Odetta was closest to the gate, but honestly, she didn't care about the reason. Once the first one made it to the rooftop, Odetta let out some line, put the gauntlet on, then charged at it. While she wished she had two gauntlets to punch with, she was fine with one just because she was happy could punch these imps at all. In her fervor, Odetta threw a haymaker straight at the imp's face. Unfortunately, it seemed she had too much fervor and she pulled the fishing rod out of her other hand when she pulled her fist back. The action put her off balance and open for an attack by the imp, which bit her shoulder (which happened to be the one opposite the one the other imp bit). Strangely enough, this time it didn't really hurt that much. It was still annoying though. She punched the thing a couple times (not caring that in the process the rod was being flung around) and it evaporated into black mist and gem things again. "I hate this strife weapon stuff," she said, picking up the rod and letting out a good bit more fishing line. Once that was done, Odetta walked back to the center of the roof and prepared herself for the many other imps that had made it to the roof.

Inside the house, two imps had just climbed in from a window and surprise attacked Adrian from behind, making him tumble down onto the floor. His FORKSMITER materialized just as an imp came in for a take-down attack, and now it was instead flung away by a smash from the weapon. It made impact with the wall and gave Adrian time to hop up from the floor - but the other imp leaped forward, scratch-ready with its claws. Interestingly, both of these looked like Vinnie's butler in their clothing style. They sure didn't behave like him though.

Adrian, still not used to actually swinging a heavy weapon, didn't get a good hit in, but managed to fend off the imp with the handle of the FORKSMITER. But now the first imp was up and ready again. Adrian took a deep breath and decided to just go for it. He sure hoped that he had some extra lives in this CHESS game.

He swung the FORKSMITER, fork-side first, and hit an imp easily. When he really tried, they weren't that difficult to hit actually. And they were also incredibly light. The imp was squashed by the pointy forkface of the weapon against the wall, and exploded into a couple of shiny GRIST pieces. The other imp, meanwhile, came in and bit Adrian's leg. He screamed, loud enough for even Odetta on the roof to hear. But he swung the heavy FORKSMITER down and pinned the imp against the floor. Apparently also enough to kill it, because it exploded too.

Falling to his knees and taking a deep breath, Adrian tried to calm down. He had killed imps. He could do this. Yes. He wouldn't die yet. No. Oh god, more of them were coming. He had to get to the - hang on, what was that?

He moved closer to the window, stepping on and absorbing some GRIST in the process, and looked out. His house was standing there, on the opposite side of the yard. And it was shaking. Suddenly, before his eyes, it was as if a new floor just popped in between the highest and the floor. As if it was squeezed in magically, looking as natural as ever. The roof was now closer to the glimmering gate above... His eyes widened. So THAT was what they had to do. Kill imps.

He climbed out from the window, grabbed hold of a drainpipe, and tried to get to the roof before imps caught up with him from below.

Odetta stood on the roof as more and more imps made it onto there with her. She let out a little more line so she could move into a boxing stance and prepared herself for some more action when it occured to her that this would be much cooler somewhere besides the land of flowers and sunshine. Or whatever it was called. She tried thinking of what sort of place that "somewhere" could be, but her mind was blank. What sorts of things were cool? Rain in movies made things cool, so that could replace the sunshine. What else... explosions? Once she had two things, Odetta didn't feel like trying to think of more and settled on the land of rain and explosions.

With that done, she immediately refocused herself on the imps only to be distracted once more by a scream from within the house. It seemed like one of the other kids had followed her. Whatever. As long as they weren't messing things up in there, specifically mom's and Laila's, then she didn't care. Suddenly, the imps all charged at her simultaneously. There were like one...two...three...a lot. It didn't look like punching them would kill them more than one at a time so she grabbed the rod with the other hand and prepared to swing. Imitating a baseball player's stance, she waited until they were almost upon her before she finally struck. "Home run!" she shouted as she sent three of them tumbling off the slanted roof.

While she was watching the results of her handiwork, Odetta failed to notice a pair that had sneaked behind her until they jumped onto her back. One of them started hacking at her back with its claws while the other climbed around onto her face. The extra weight and her inability to see caused her to lose balance and fall herself, rolling down the side of the roof. Fortunately, the imps hit themselves against the roof as she rolled and lost their grips, one of them having enough sense to latch onto the roof with its claws while the other rolled down with her.

Odetta struggled to slow herself as she tumbled and once she finally did, she slid off the side of the roof anyway. While she managed to grab the edge with one hand, the other imp that followed her wasn't so lucky and went falling down into the shrubs below. It no doubt survived, but she couldn't worry about that right now. As she lifted her head from looking down at the fallen imp, Odetta saw Adrian climbing a drainpipe next to her. "Aren't you supposed to be climbing your house?" she asked before remembering she had more important things to do like not getting killed by monsters."Whatever, you might want to climb faster. You probably wanna get to the roof before they get to you."

"Huh?" Adrian said and glanced downwards. One imp with bunny ears was quickly climbing up after him, and another one with wings zoomed in from the air. "Waaah!"

Odetta pulled the gauntlet hand up to grab the edge of the roof as well when the imp that stayed on the roof peeked its head over the edge and bit her hand. Too bad for the imp, it bit the wrong hand. Protected by the armor, Odetta grabbed the creature's tongue while her hand was still in its mouth and pulled it down to her level before punching its head agains the wall, killing it. The moment she did so, the roof jumped upwards. She quickly grabbed the edge with her other hand to keep from falling, a fall that was a bit more dangerous at three stories.

Adrian managed to kick the bunny-imp in the head and make it tumble down back to the ground, just before the whole house began shaking. "Oh no, here we go!" he said, knowing that the same thing must be happening now as was happening to his own house earlier. He clung on for dear life as the very drainpipe he held on to extended. Odetta must have killed some imps.

After looking briefly at Adrian, Odetta lifted herself up onto the roof and pulled the rod up with her. Adrian had almost reached the roof now, despite the sudden extra floor on the house. But the flying imp was bugging him, hindering him from reaching up to the very top of the house wall.

Finally safe, Odetta looked back down at the boy and held her hand out to him. "Need a hand?"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links