The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Not to be a downer but if he would do something so serious why would it affect your job if he is the one committing the crime?
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:56 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Not to be a downer but if he would do something so serious why would it affect your job if he is the one committing the crime?
I know when the management of the KFC of our town was involved in the distribution of illicit drugs, the store was closed down. If the person who opens a new store of a national/international franchise and that person commits a felony, then no one owns the the store. Therefore, it will close down unless they can find a new owner, but there is no guarantee someone would be willing to put a personal financial stake in owning a store given the illicit activity that took place. With that said, the employees of these franchises are vulnerable to losing their jobs.

Not sure if this applies to ink's story. If so, I am terribly sorry; hopefully all goes well.
Old June 14th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Brynjolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
I know when the management of the KFC of our town was involved in the distribution of illicit drugs, the store was closed down. If the person who opens a new store of a national/international franchise and that person commits a felony, then no one owns the the store. Therefore, it will close down unless they can find a new owner, but there is no guarantee someone would be willing to put a personal financial stake in owning a store given the illicit activity that took place. With that said, the employees of these franchises are vulnerable to losing their jobs.

Not sure if this applies to ink's story. If so, I am terribly sorry; hopefully all goes well.
Ah I thought the guy was the co worker not the boss. I do hope everything goes well.
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Inkblots

Nature: Calm
No, he wasn't in charge, but he was on his way to being assistant manager. The main reason it effects me is that there were only 4 of us working in the store, ideally there should be at least 5 or 6, but we can't afford to hire that many and still give them decent hours, which means we all have to start working more hours to make up for him until a new person can be hired and trained. He was also - by far - the best salesperson, and was practically carrying the store by himself. If we go too long without meeting our quotas and sales goals, head office will just assume we aren't doing our jobs and "restaff" the store (i.e., fire all of us and transfer people over from another store). He was also the "get **** done" guy, and far more organized and timely with shipments/paperwork/etc. than the manager. I wish I could pick up the slack, but I just haven't been there long enough to have learned how to do half the stuff he did.

And it's just really hard for me to do my job right now because he was a friend and I trusted him, I felt way more loyalty to him than to the manager, and I feel like he betrayed us. He was a good teacher, always gave good advice, and now I just can't help but question it. We spent a lot of time geeking out about movies and stuff, and I spent more time working with him than anyone else. I worked what was supposed to be his shift today. His name's still up on the schedule, but his slot is blank. His shredded employee card is in a plastic bag pinned on the wall so the manager doesn't forget to send it out for company records, and his name tag is still sitting on the desk where we eat lunch because it's the one thing he always forgets to put away. It's just... sad. The manager was obviously pretty upset about it and completely distracted, I just wanted to go home and cry the whole day... I know I didn't do nearly as well as I should have. It's hard when you have to pretend to be all happy and cheerful when customers come in, and they ask how it's going, and I have to lie through my teeth when all I want to do is shout at them to go away. I'm just glad none of his regular customers came in today.

At least I have tomorrow off and I'm going riding. All I've wanted to do since I found out was go visit the horses and forget it all for a couple hours.

Last edited by Inkblots; June 14th, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Brynjolf

That is a huge bummer dude. I hope everything goes well for you and the other employees.
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Quote:
Did you hear about Russia banning teaching kids that homosexuals exist?
Yeah, that's what the link in my post was about

It's so disgusting, but I guess Putin et al don't play by the rules of the rest of the world. It's a great reminder of how lucky we are to be living in countries that are moving forwards instead of backwards.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old June 17th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Virgilin
Salmon Fishing in Vulcan

Send a message via Skype™ to Virgilin
Can I join too? I would love to! I am gender fluid myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Yeah, that's what the link in my post was about

It's so disgusting, but I guess Putin et al don't play by the rules of the rest of the world. It's a great reminder of how lucky we are to be living in countries that are moving forwards instead of backwards.
I heard about was Russia is doing too. The government officials come to school personally and inform the kids about it. It is disgusting and shouldn't be happening. Homosexuality is as natural as everything else and shouldn't be treated differently.
Though I heard that Russia is loses 1 million of its population each year. Maybe it's due to that? They want to increase their population by emphasizing heterosexuality? Either way it's wrong.

| Paired to warship | PM | VM | About |
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Brynjolf

This whole issue just sickens me.. Are we implying that they aren't allowing the homosexuals to live or something? D:
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
No, none of that sort. It's just that they ban "homosexual propaganda". Apparently that ban isn't defined very well, so rights and freedoms activists are afraid that the government will use it to limit free speech, a free press, and so on. From what I've read, it doesn't seem to come with a criminal sentence, just a heavy fine, so I think we can call it censorship.

The Russian establishment sees LGBT rights through the lens of nationalism, as well. Every time they crack down on a demonstration or parade they're bound to arrest some foreigners. It's hard to make LGBT look good in Russia. It's hard to do the kind of activism they do in the West without offending some important people.
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Brynjolf

That is so unbelievably lame.. I want to punch the czar of Russia (if they still have those) in the face for letting that go on. Or punch all of russias government :(
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Katholic Nun

It's all about children. From what I understand they're still allowed to talk about gay people, they're just not allowed to do it with children or in the presence of children. Which is a fantastic way to create a new generation of homophobia.

And welcome, Virgilin!

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

From what I've read it's completely political. There are sound MP's in the United Russia party taking a rational approach to this law, so the result to me sounds like democracy hard at work. The party is catering to the conservatives who have had enough of LGBT demonstrations, and who they know will have their back during the next election cycle.
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
That is just ridiculous... But I guess it could be worse... there are some countries in Africa where being gay is punishable by death...
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Virgilin
Salmon Fishing in Vulcan

Send a message via Skype™ to Virgilin
Yeah in Africa it is the way it is because some tribes choose to stick to their old traditional values.
The reason why this whole thing is happening may be demography-related too, as I've mentioned before. But then again, politicians would do everything for votes, even if the cost is some of therights of their fello citizens. Parties, such as Putin's, especially would take such actions I suppose to confiRm their legitimacy, since they are suspected of rigging the elections.

Also thank you for letting me join!!

| Paired to warship | PM | VM | About |
Old June 21st, 2013, 03:59 AM
GreatTornado
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
I'd like to join.

I'm planning to come out soon :D

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13

Challenges In Progress:
The Location Challenge - Black 2
The Random Pokemon Challenge - Black 2
Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Katholic Nun

Hey GreatTornado, welcome!

Tell us a bit about yourself? How old are you? What's your background? Are your loved ones likely to be accepting? We want to hear everything and help if we can

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
I just heard about a new gaming convention that might be right up our alley.

Quote:
GaymerX, previously GaymerCon, is the first gaming convention with a focus on queer geek culture.
Gaming is the largest entertainment industry, one that is larger than music and film, yet until now, there has never been a safe space for queer geeks and their friends to come together, discuss queer theory in games as a community, and party as one.
GaymerX is that convention - a weekend of fun, socializing, and educational panels in the heart of San Francisco.
http://gaymerconnect.com/

It's close enough to me that I might actually be able to go. They say it's adults only though, since it's the first time they've held it, and they don't want to risk any of them getting hurt. (Also, I noticed shirts aren't listed in their dress code. lol)
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Inkblots

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I just heard about a new gaming convention that might be right up our alley.

http://gaymerconnect.com/

It's close enough to me that I might actually be able to go. They say it's adults only though, since it's the first time they've held it, and they don't want to risk any of them getting hurt. (Also, I noticed shirts aren't listed in their dress code. lol)
That sounds really cool! Unfortunately, I live several hours' plane ride from San Francisco, haha. But hopefully it will be a success and maybe there'll be some stuff cropping up around where I live.

I've only actually been to one convention (just a small sci-fi/fantasy convention. It was playing host to the Constellation Awards, which I had been blogging about, and I was offered a press pass for the weekend. It was pretty damn awesome. I never would have been able to afford going otherwise.), but I had so much fun! It was amazing to be in a space where everyone is so friendly and accepting, and you know that you'll be able to find common interests and strike up a conversation with nearly every person you meet.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Do you ever feel like 'this is me'? Is there any kind of identity that clicks? It doesn't have to be visual.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:01 PM
GreatTornado
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
Thanks Raichu for the accepting welcome!

*WARNING: WALL OF TEXT!**WARNING: WALL OF TEXT!**WARNING: WALL OF TEXT!*

I'm 12 years old, turning 13 next week (Yay), I'm a gay guy who loves Taylor Swift and is out to only one person irl (I came out to her yesterday and she wasn't negative!). I live in Australia and my parents.... well I don't know about them. I've noticed that when they think me and my sister are sleeping they sometimes watch LGBT shows but they never show any distaste or (for a lack of a better word)appreciation for the LGBT community. You can find me on Empty Closets as GreatTornado (So Creative).

I actually have a crush on someone and I was wondering if I could get a little advice. He is in another grade but same year level as me (For better story telling let's call him John (Not his actual name but I have nothing against John's)). I really like him, I dream about us in a relationship a lot. I think he might be gay/bi because he sure seems like it (Stereotypes, it's all I have). He likes drama and has a lot of friends that are girls but some of his friends are boys. We have some P.E., English and Mathematics classes together and sometimes before and during school we talk, but not at recess or lunch since he likes hanging out with his other friends. I believe I am currently at the start of the friend zone with him but I don't know what to do now.

I plan to come out to other friends soon but not my parents until either:
A) I am in a (serious) relationship with another guy
B) I get a clear view on their stance on LGBT

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13

Challenges In Progress:
The Location Challenge - Black 2
The Random Pokemon Challenge - Black 2
Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:10 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Hello. Wondering if anyone could help with this. I've noted my disdain for referencing myself as a person, ie. as an entity possessing any sort of physical form. I'm wondering if there is in fact a term for someone who doesn't identify with their body (and not due to spirituality). Like, when I see myself in a reflection or photograph it scarcely connects that 'this is me'. Also, I've long had a penchant for creating characters and imagining myself as them. I would appreciate having something to call this (lack of) of self-identity, if anyone can help me there. I don't suppose this is gender or sex related but I do suppose if anyone might be familiar with this, it'll be the folks here.
Huh, this sounds a lot like me, especially lately... although I've always just assumed it was normal, considering how rarely I actually look at myself in the mirror, and how often I take on other forms within video games. I definitely do the same thing with creating characters though... whole alternate worlds and communities in fact.

Why do you think you feel that way? I typed up a bunch of existential stuff about why I feel similarly, but I'm thinking I should just let you explain it yourself. lol
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old June 24th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Inkblots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Hello. Wondering if anyone could help with this. I've noted my disdain for referencing myself as a person, ie. as an entity possessing any sort of physical form. I'm wondering if there is in fact a term for someone who doesn't identify with their body (and not due to spirituality). Like, when I see myself in a reflection or photograph it scarcely connects that 'this is me'. Also, I've long had a penchant for creating characters and imagining myself as them. I would appreciate having something to call this (lack of) of self-identity, if anyone can help me there. I don't suppose this is gender or sex related but I do suppose if anyone might be familiar with this, it'll be the folks here.
I majored in psych, so the first thing that popped into my head was that it's some sort of dissociation? There are a couple of disorders that can cause that type of feeling, but if it's not actually causing you distress or interfering with your life, then they wouldn't apply to you.

Do you not identify with having a body in general, or is that you have a mental image of yourself that doesn't match what you actually look like?
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Brynjolf

Oh my gosh guys. I got a girlfriend :o

On the other hand GreatTornado I think that the worst thing someone can do is sit and wonder what would have happened. I did that for a long time "will she like me back?" and it was horrible. I ended up telling her I liked her and she screwed me over but I think it is much better than having to sit and wonder what would have happened.

I think it would be best if you eventually told him about the crush. Don't overthink it or get too nervous, but do think about what is best.

I would hang out with him first honestly. Just to get a feel for what he is, you know?
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Oh my gosh guys. I got a girlfriend :o
Whoa, whoa, just whoaaa.

Why aren't you telling us more about the very nice lady friend of yours?

That just isn't fair, Insomniac, and you know it. Spill the beans! All of them! The whole can! beans come in a can right?
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Katholic Nun

Some do, like baked beans. They're so delicious. Green beans, on the other hand, are devil food and must be destroyed.

Back on topic, I'm so happy for you GreatTornado. You're taking this step so young, it's fantastic to see. It took me til I was 22 years old to come out to my family and even then they found out through circumstances beyond my control.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links