The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
When was the first time you met your best friend? Was it an awkward moment, or a glorious realization of a true friendship?

On a random chat site my brother had recently joined, he allowed me to have one friend. So I went on Chat Now and then when Ebony popped up I begged her not to leave (everyone else did) so she stayed. She is still my bestie! ^ ^

Then my second bestie, Sky, I was doing the same thing and she was there, fun, excitable and awesome, just like Ebony. I love them both so much!!!! <3
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
I met my best friend in Year 3, when they had just arrived at school from America. They had come down and sat down at our table so we decided to start up a conversation- after introductions and general 'welcome to the school', we decided to talk more at lunch and gradually we bonded together slowly. It went from small conversations, to playing games together, talking a bit more, going over to their place and even the occassional sleepover. It was a rather long time getting to know her, but we're basically bread and butter. I hang out at her place quite a bit and chat with her at school, although she went back to the US, a few days ago so that was really saddening. But yeah that's how I met her. :]

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I don't have a best friend anymore, just friends, they're all equal, even if we interact with each other in different ways. I used to have a really good mate who I met in primary school in about year 2, we always hung out, went to each others houses and played games etc. I remember just opening a conversation about something we had in common (Pokemon) and it went from there. Unfortunately he went to another school and we don't see each other or talk anymore, still saw my best friend but less and less after a few years we just went down different paths in life in life I guess.
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i met my best friends online at anime site..still the favorite place to my heart till now..AnimeNation..it was crazy fun days we were more of punch of crazy people mods had no clue how to deal with us...in 28th this running june it's 3 years now ..Love Yall dear friends <33

um my bestie irl is someone i met in an awkward situation...someone told me she's a thief who destroyed their life..but when i looked at her she seemed as harm as a baby lamb...that was at prep school ..then i went to high school and she was at the same high school...i talked to her once and twice to end up knowing that all what was said about her were lies....i even told her what i heard..she kept laughing like crazy but since then( we were 15) we are best friends...destroying life!!!? hah beyatch she's the only person who handled the insanity of moi and still alive!!!!! lol <33

Old June 18th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Daenerys

Nature: Calm
Actually I have three best friends. The first one, Taru, I met when I was 7.
We were in the same class in primary school. We do not even really spent time with each other until junior high school, we started out of necessity to spend time with each other. After that we were inseparable. We had our own problems, because her betrayed my trust. Finally, we harvested between us, and we are still occasions. Now she has a 2-year-old daughter with my stepbrother.

The other two I met as a teenager when I started dating my boyfriend. Jouko is my boyfriend's best friend too and he also was dating my little sister a couple of years. Jouko is a really funny guy and we spend a lot of time with each other.

Last but not least, Anton. He is also my boyfriend's friend. He is a true computer genius and helps me when I have some problems with my laptop. He is a very skeptical person, and is used primarily by all his free time playing or car repair ('cause it's always broken)..

I love my friends a very much, and I don't need any more friends. Those three are the pillars of my life <3
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Passenger
Retired
Community Supporter

I've met my best friend who is now like my brother in 2007 online while playing Diablo II on forums about that game. We got along really from the very start, although our true friendship started in 2010. We still never met IRL.
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:58 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post
I don't have a best friend anymore, just friends, they're all equal, even if we interact with each other in different ways.
This pretty much sums up me. I used to have a best friend, but we went through a rough path in our friendship and it gone to the point where he felt I was "hovering" him too much and that's when I realized we weren't as close as we used to be. I gave him space and avoided him mostly and we've made up ever since. While we haven't seen or talked each other in a while , we seem to be better on speaking terms now. So because of this I've decided not to have a best friend but a bunch of really good friends.

Well anyway, that guy was my best friend until at least we entered high school. We met in grade school I believe on the first day of kindergarten. Either way we met in Kindergarten. The way I remember it, we were introducing ourselves and he introduced me to him and I guess we clicked from there. We would go to each other's house almost everyday and play Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Smash Brothers and other games. I guess we had so much in common, like both of us being big fans of Pokemon (and we're both still are it seems) that made us such good friends. What's good was that we lived just down the street from each other (still true today, though I think we lives in a college dorm now.) so that's how we hung out so much.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I met my best friend through the mother's and toddler's group last year. We get on well as we both have a three year. (though her's is a boy).
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Best friend? Which one?

I met my best friend Tyler when I was attending college in San Diego. Then there's also Vero, whom I met during a graphic design class when I was younger. There's another best friend I had, whom I met on here, but we're not even talking to each other anymore. We've become complete strangers.

Nowadays, all my best friends live very far away so I don't see them as often anymore. My IRL friends are not really my best friends, they're just people I hang with quite often, so it's probably safe to say that I technically do not have a close best friend.

CHASE ELLIOTT
enjoyillinois.com 300 winner | chicago, illinois | july 19, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
With one of them I honestly don't remember. It feels like we just met one day.

But with another one I remember very clearly. I went over to his house when I was in 1st grade because his mom was babysitting me after school that day. We opened the door and he was on a flattened cardboard box at the top of the stairs. He was planning to slide down and out the door, but the problem was the stairs weren't directly in front of the door so he ended up hitting the wall because he found out that you can't steer cardboard.
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Airhead
Banned

Thank all of you for posting such nice stories! For those who don't get to see them much, I'm sorry. I haven't seen Ebony for about a year now, but I am positive we're still besties!

After all, the moment lasts a minute, the memory lasts a lifetime. ^ ^
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Castform
Raise your what!?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I met my best irl friend the first day of 3rd grade, his name was Sam and we instantly connected and became best friends. We did everything together until we graduated and then we lost touch. I will always consider him my best irl friend and still hope to see him again one day. He taught me a lot and I really miss him. I will always have memories I guess.

My best online friend(and the person who I consider my best friend overall) I met at PC's battle server. His name is Tom, and we just instantly became best friends, it wasnt awkward at all, but I knew after about a week that there was something special. We love to talk, and always are having fun and joking around together. As I have sadly learned, it is easy to distance yourself from a best friend if you arent prepared, so we are making sure we stay besties for life :3.
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:52 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
My first good friend I met before either of us could even speak.
Then I didn't see him for years. When I did later, I ended up closer to his younger sister than I was to him.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:59 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
I really don't remember when I first met my best friends lol were still close now I guess it must have been awkward because we were only in kindergarden. we were so cute hahaha
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Vital
ignore the whisper
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Blah, I feel like I have so many best friends. I'll just talk about the one I've known longest.

One I met in second grade, and we've been going to school together ever since then, save for two years. We just started talking and got to know each other. And now we're besties. =D
Old June 20th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Airhead
Banned

Friendship is so magical! I am glad some people kept in touch! Me, Sky and Ebony never met in real life, but at least we don't have the problem of stealing boyfriends, haha. xD
Old June 20th, 2013, 09:32 PM
DjentlemanJoe
A True Djentleman

My best friend I met at 14. I used to watch him get beaten up. I was good friends with his mortal enemy, and now I'm his bodyguard practically.

I moved from the UK to SA, and were still best buds. He's just had a baby girl who is my godchild and he's flying over to my wedding next year. Best man and best friend.

Been through too much together since.

Friends are your chosen family, that's for sure.

Twitter: @LordJSullivan / @SUNManga
Ask for BBM / Channel pin if you have
Old June 20th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

I met my best friend a few years ago when I was nine years old. Her name's Ishi, and she's my small-eyed, freckled-face pretend-sister, who loves One Direction as much as I love Justin Bieber. We have lots of things in common, from writing our own stories to sports, but in a way, we're the exact opposite of one another. She's really sensitive -- if you say a joke that might offend her, you're in big trouble. She admits she's a crybaby, and since I'm pretty strong inside, I help her out.

I'll never forget the day when she asked me for a blue ballpen, back in 2010.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old June 21st, 2013, 09:27 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
The first time I met my best friend in real life was during our 9th or 10th grade math class. She sat in front of me but we never really talked much.. and honestly we didn't seem to have interest in talking to each other at all at that point. It took us until freshman year in college to start talking more since she wanted an anime recommendation and I recommended one that got her hooked. Now we're still best friends and have been in a few classes together. :)

Old June 21st, 2013, 09:37 AM
ANARCHit3cht

Best fri--what? I have never had one of those. Whether it is because of me, or other people, there has never really been anyone that I would label as my "Best" friend. I mean, I suppose by the definition of Best I technically do have one, but that doesn't mean that I have any good friends... I think I'd wait for someone to come along who actually truly embodies what it means to be a "best friend" before I actually go around starting to label someone as this. I think that with a lot of people, it is a pretty pointless title that holds very little meaning. Often I find, that for these people, they think they person that they hang out with the most is their best friend, but their often wrong. Their BEST friend, is the one that will always have their back no matter what... through the the thick and the thin.
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:39 AM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
I met my best friend back when we were in pre-school. Our moms worked together and made us play together and we've been inseparable ever since. Our friendship sort of faded after graduating high school because she moved like 3 hours away to a university while I was still at home. But now we're going to be living together in a few months at that university. So hopefully we can be as close as we once were.
I had another best friend from about ninth grade to middle of my senior year in high school. But she got mixed into a bad crowd and so we drifted away from each other. I miss her sometimes, we only became friends because we both had the same sort of humor.
Old June 21st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANARCHit3cht View Post
Best fri--what? I have never had one of those. Whether it is because of me, or other people, there has never really been anyone that I would label as my "Best" friend. I mean, I suppose by the definition of Best I technically do have one, but that doesn't mean that I have any good friends... I think I'd wait for someone to come along who actually truly embodies what it means to be a "best friend" before I actually go around starting to label someone as this. I think that with a lot of people, it is a pretty pointless title that holds very little meaning. Often I find, that for these people, they think they person that they hang out with the most is their best friend, but their often wrong. Their BEST friend, is the one that will always have their back no matter what... through the the thick and the thin.
This is it for me too. I have lots of good friends I've met through work, school, and through other friends, but either they moved, or I moved, so it sucks that we can't talk or hang out often (or at all anymore.) I can't really call them a best friend.. and I used to think I had one until I realized.. I really didn't matter to them. No one has ever really had my back even though I've gone out of my way for them a lot of times. Left me not being able to trust anyone fully, so I doubt I ever will have a "best" friend in that sense. I'm not really that bothered because I have a handful of good friends that give me good laughs and I enjoy their company a lot. But when things get down to it, through the thick and the thin, I can really only trust to rely on myself.
However, I guess, the one person (who isn't family) that I really can trust is my boyfriend, so perhaps in a sense he is my best friend. I met him on PC about 6 years ago.
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:20 PM
ANARCHit3cht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
This is it for me too. I have lots of good friends I've met through work, school, and through other friends, but either they moved, or I moved, so it sucks that we can't talk or hang out often (or at all anymore.) I can't really call them a best friend.. and I used to think I had one until I realized.. I really didn't matter to them. No one has ever really had my back even though I've gone out of my way for them a lot of times. Left me not being able to trust anyone fully, so I doubt I ever will have a "best" friend in that sense. I'm not really that bothered because I have a handful of good friends that give me good laughs and I enjoy their company a lot. But when things get down to it, through the thick and the thin, I can really only trust to rely on myself.
However, I guess, the one person (who isn't family) that I really can trust is my boyfriend, so perhaps in a sense he is my best friend. I met him on PC about 6 years ago.

The only person I even consider POSSIBLY being my best friend, moved away. It is a terrible feeling, because she was one of the few people that was actually chill. She liked to do all the things that most of the kids around here do(that is smoke, drink, party) but she wasn't all "young and reckless" about it. By that mean, she wasn't some stupid ******* who tried to inebriate themselves into a coma. She didn't start drama... and she just all around was a chill person. Luckily, she didn't move that far, just up north a state to Oregon. Unluckily, I'm broke and don't have any method of transportation aside from my feet. She is coming down next month though, which is something that I'm pretty excited for because I haven't seen her for such a long time. Definitely gonna have to hit a few parties with her, haha. I think the coolest part about this is, I never pictured that SHE would be my "best" friend or what have you. It is kinda strange to see who falls into what place in your life. Even the people that I "like better/hang out with more" don't really compare to the same level of friendship that I share with this other person.

I can't really trust anyone outside my family, which kind of sucks, but most people around here are some pretty scandalous people. I mean, I trust A LOT of people, but I wouldn't devote them the same amount that I would to my family or the few other people that I trust like family. When I do, usually something goes bad, so you can say that I've learned experience. And although I always hope for the best, I tend to expect the worst and am quite elated when my hopes actually come to be true.
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Aristocrat
mustache

Nature: Relaxed
I have a couple of friends, but I've never considered them as my best friends, or at least close friends. I'm not really the friendly type of guy.
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I met my best friend last year in 8th grade. She is really an awesome girl. I've had tons of best friends but this is the most recent.

I don't really keep my best friends for long though. I have a constant group of friends, but never 1 constant bestie.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links