• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Anime/Manga Challenge

Years
The Anime/Manga Challenge

In this challenge you will be making a team based off of a character in the anime or manga.
You are allowed to specify which manga or which season of the anime, but other than that the person after you gets to decide what character's team you'll be using.
Rules
1) You must use the team exactly, NFEs and all.
2) If you know the nicknames that trainer uses, use them.
3) If the trainer doesn't use nicknames you still can if you want
4) You may use any game, or rom hacks, but if you use a rom hack put that under the game section of the sign-up instead.
5) When assigning someone a team, give them possible teams. For example if someone is playing Red don't give them Aaron(in the anime he only has Gen 3 and newer pokemon).
6) When assigning a character with more than 6 pokemon, like Ash, specify which of that character's pokemon they should use or you can let them choose.
7) You may hack in or trade pokemon.

8) This rule is sort of hard to explain, but if someone wants 5-6 pokemon, or however many, you can combing people, but it has to make sense. You couldn't combine Ash and Brock, not good enough. They are friends but that's it really. A good example would be Hunter J who has 3 pokemon and you combine her with her henchmen who have 5, then you have 8 to choose from to assign to somebody. Use your best judgement on whether or not they are related enough to combine, another decent example would be team rocket's jessie and james except they have enough pokemon individually. Hope I explained that well enough, if you have questions, I have answers.
9) If a trainer has less than 6 pokemon then list them out for the person you are assigning so they don't have to look it up. (Optional)

If they don't list out the pokemon for you to use, I suggest bulbapedia. Or if you are assigning a character bulbapedia has a subsection for which pokemon characters have in the manga and/or anime.

Challengers
Spoiler:
Sign-up
Name:
Game:
Anime or Manga:
Season of anime/Which Manga:
Number of Pokemon:
Other restrictions:

Sample Sign-up/Response
Name: Billy Bob Joe
Game: FireRed
Anime or Manga: Anime
Season of anime/Which Manga: Season 1-Indigo League
Number of Pokemon: 5-6
Other restrictions: None

Hey Billy Bob Joe, I'm gonna give you Ritchie he has a Pikachu, Charmeleon, Butterfree, Tailow, and a Pupitar.
Good luck and have fun!

Alright now my sign up

Name: NobodyAdam
Game: Emerald
Anime or Manga: Manga
Season of anime/Which Manga: Any
Number of Pokemon: 2+
I love Sydian, approved?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Okay, I'll give you Ruby from the Pokemon Adventures manga. You can find his Pokemon here. (He has quite a few Pokemon).

As for my sign-up:

Name: Seraphimon-sama
Game: Blaze Black 2 (hack of Black 2)
Number of Pokemon: 6
Other restrictions: No Bug-types

Years
Name: AoTora
Game: LeafGreen (Randomized if it's needed in order to obtain all the pokemon one person has)
Season of anime/Which Manga: Any season that has any of first three gens pokes.
Number of Pokemon: All the ones that the chosen person has.
Other restrictions: Anybody but Ash :) (I already played AshGray so I don't really want to play again as Ash in FR) =)

Years
AoTora, I'll give you May. Unfortunately, my internet is running rather slow, but I know she has Blaziken, Beautifly, Skitty, Eevee (I know it evolves later, but Glaceon is Gen IV, so it would stay as Eevee), Bulbasaur (not sure if it ever evolved) and Squirtle (again not sure if evolved).

Name: Slaying Moon
Game: Pearl
Anime or Manga: Either

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
AoTora, I'll give you May. Unfortunately, my internet is running rather slow, but I know she has Blaziken, Beautifly, Skitty, Eevee (I know it evolves later, but Glaceon is Gen IV, so it would stay as Eevee), Bulbasaur (not sure if it ever evolved) and Squirtle (again not sure if evolved).

Name: Slaying Moon
Game: Pearl
Anime or Manga: Either

May's Bulbasaur evolved into Venusaur and as far as I know, her Squirtle evolved into Wartortle, but I'm not sure about that one.

And Moon, you can have Pearl from the Manga.
His Pokémon are Chatot(nicknamed Chatler), Infernape(nicknamed Chimler), Luxray(nicknamed Rayler), Buizel(nicknamed Zeller), Diglett(nicknamed Digler), Tauros(nicknamed Tauler).

Some of them had natures and movesets listed too so if you wanna go more in-depth, you can find all the info here

Oh and here's my sign-up:
Name: KagamiChan
Game: Randomized Heart Gold
Anime/Manga: Either one works
Number of Pokémon: I'd love to limit myself to 4
Other restrictions: none

Years
Name: Pave Low
Game: Depending on which anime is chosen; Emerald or Diamond
Season of anime/Which Manga: Any that are gen 3 or 4
Number of Pokemon: Any up to 6
Other restrictions: No mainstream characters

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Name: Pave Low
Game: Depending on which anime is chosen; Emerald or Diamond
Season of anime/Which Manga: Any that are gen 3 or 4
Number of Pokemon: Any up to 6
Other restrictions: No mainstream characters

You forgot to assign me a character and stuff xD

You should take Nando the minstrel.

He uses Roserade, Sunflora, Kricketune, Altaria, Kricketot(but you can leave this one out since you already got Kricketune), Lopunny, Armaldo

Years
You forgot to assign me a character and stuff xD

You should take Nando the minstrel.

He uses Roserade, Sunflora, Kricketune, Altaria, Kricketot(but you can leave this one out since you already got Kricketune), Lopunny, Armaldo

Sorry, I should've added that I really want to avoid grass-types, so would it be possible to do that again please?

And for you I got Macy, the girl who fell in love with Ash.

Possible Pokemon: Quilava, Electabuzz, Starmie, Magcargo, Vulpix

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Sorry, I should've added that I really want to avoid grass-types, so would it be possible to do that again please?

And for you I got Macy, the girl who fell in love with Ash.

Possible Pokemon: Quilava, Electabuzz, Starmie, Magcargo, Vulpix
there's too many fire types in 1 team >u< and I kinda wanted someone with only 4 pokemon @w@(or a Glaceon >.> <.< )
And how about you do Katie, Ash's first opponent in the Ever Grande Conference Victory Tournament.

She uses Venomoth, Golduck, Dugtrio, Misdreavus, Scizor and Walrein

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Name: Pokemagician
Game: Black
Anime or Manga: Either is good, will probably do the other next time anyway! :D
Other restrictions: Preferably not Ash or someone super generic

Can't see anyone above who needs a character!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Name: Pokemagician
Game: Black
Anime or Manga: Either is good, will probably do the other next time anyway! :D
Other restrictions: Preferably not Ash or someone super generic

Can't see anyone above who needs a character!

How about Dino from the Anime?

His known Pokémon are: Deerling, Tranquill, Darmanitan, Druddigon, Cofagrigus, Leavanny, Galvantula, Chandelure, Gigalith, Seismitoad, Heatmor and Mandibuzz.

Feel free to pick a team of 6 or rotate them.

Oh, and I could use another character since the one I got has too many fire types for a team of 4 so it would almost feel like a Fire Monotype which I don't want to do... just yet :X

koopacrazy

The Super Koopa!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
How about Emerald from the manga his pokes are
Sceptile, Dusclops, Sudowoodo, Snorlax, Mantine, and Mr. Mime

Name:Koopacrazy
Game:Pokemon Red
Anime or Manga: Manga
Season of anime/Which Manga:Red/Blue or Yellow
Number of Pokemon:6
Other restrictions:No Main Characters (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Emerald sounds great/
Anyways, how about you take Giovanni?
His Pokémon are Beedrill, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Dugtrio, Golem, Cloyster, Rhyhorn, Rhydon.

Feel free to pick 6 or rotate them xD

Years
I was gone for a while - but I accomplished a lot in this challenge so far :3 I randomized my game - and I changed it to emerald since it seems better for May :3 I had no troubles getting venusaur, wartortle, beautifly and torchick (which I chose as my starter of course) but I had troubles getting the rest of her members. Skitty and eevee were not showing in any rout no matter how many times I ran over them - but I managed to capture a pair of delcatties and a pair of flareons so I bred them. Skitty became pretty good as I trained it and I went to safari zone just so I could find another everstone (So far no luck =( ) my eevee's happiness is full so it's keep trying to evolve into either umbreon either espeon >_> I've captured a ton of pokemon and got a ton of good items but sadly none of them was holding an everstone :( So I ll be keep trying for that. I think that I am almost done with game - so far so good - I had no troubles beating any of the gyms so far so I am crossing fingers that I beat the game without any major problems :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Name: monesterhair005
Game: Platinum
Season of anime: Any
Oh, and Kagami, if you still want a new character, then you can have Casey.
Her pokemon are: Meganium, Pidgey, Rattata, Elekid, and Beedrill. Pick 4.

Years
monsterhair005 you can have Brock ^^ He has: Steelix, geodude, crobat, foretress, ludicolo, marshtomp, sudowoodo, croagunk and chansey ^^(choose 6 of them) :)

Back