The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 5th, 2013 (06:12 PM).
Zeffy
merry freaking Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
You just gotta enjoy the show, not the inner-workings. Anime =/= Games.
Precisely my point! Never again will I try to figure out how Pikachu learned an egg move by training, he just did! XD
Old June 6th, 2013 (03:42 PM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
Lots of things are different in the anime. Ever seen pokémon use hold items there? And the pokémon centers seem to take care of the pokémon for real instead of just stuffing them into a machine that blops for a few seconds.

Also, I made a thing :] Anyone read this before? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...56#post7691356

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old June 6th, 2013 (05:34 PM).
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I made something like that. I made a really simple ROM Hack called SolidSapphire that I just doubled every Trainer, Gym and Elite Four's Level as well as Wild encounters too.
Old June 6th, 2013 (08:00 PM).
Zeffy

I nuzlocked Emerald a while back but I sort of stopped midway due to a lot of other stuff. I want to play Emerald again but I'm afraid I won't have anymore time since uni's starting ;-;
Old June 9th, 2013 (02:00 AM).
Adventure

I started playing Crystal just now. Wanted to make a nuzlocke but realized that I wanted specific pokémon so I dumped that idea quickly. Nostalgia is enough thrill for me now, it seems.

Currently my team is made up of ball-like pokémon: Poliwag, Geodude, Ghastly, Cyndaquil. I should get a Venonat and Oddish too, or something xD

Next round, I should try four legged pokémon alone, or something.

Or something. Lol.

Old June 9th, 2013 (03:42 AM).
T!M

I remember when my friend and I had Pokemon Silver and Gold respectively and we were trying to figure out why our mutual friend's game (Crystal) had different and moving sprites. We went so far as to assume we were holding our own Gameboy Color's wrong.
Old June 9th, 2013 (05:31 AM).
Dark Pit
Where's your goddess now?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dark Pit
I remember one day I was playing Pokemon Platinum...

I was at the end of the game, up to battling Giratina, but little did I know that I didn't have the right supplies to finish the job. I was already in battle, so what did I do? RUN. I ran to go to the PokeMart to restock and replenish...

I come back to the Distortion World, and no Giratina. Saddest moment ever

(at least I later found out I could rebattle Giratina!)
Old June 11th, 2013 (09:22 AM).
Adventure

@ Classic Sonic, aww, well good thing you could rebattle it later!

Funny how some TCG related threads popped up in Pokemon General now. We can still chitchat about the TCG in this thread, right? And anime, manga, games and anything else relating to pokémon. Because the thing with this thread is that we can just chat on seamlessly between the medias where pokémon appear... right?

I miss my pokémon TCG cards, I used to collect and even play with them when I was a kid. Still have a whole bunch stashed somewhere in my family's house :p

Old June 11th, 2013 (07:13 PM).
Zeffy

I could never bring myself to collect Pokémon TCG. The only time i played them is through the gameboy game that they have, which turned out to be quite fun... until I started losing a lot XD
Old June 11th, 2013 (07:59 PM).
T!M

I've sunk about 120 USD into Booster Pack codes for TCG Online.
Old June 11th, 2013 (09:42 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I used to play/collect the TCG a lot when it first came out. I still have all my old cards in my closet, organized out and safely tucked away. Except for my old "Gym Leader" deck, the one I used to use when I ran a TCG League a long while back. Still have my shirt for that too.

Recently, I thought about getting back into the TCG again, especially since there's the online version. But since I need to buy the booster packs to get the codes to play online, its not really a good choice for me. I have no room for the cards, and have other trading card sets coming out to spend my money on. So unfortunately, I just kind of don't play the TCG anymore. I miss it.

Though there is the GameBoy game. That was a really fun game. Should pick it up again. I never played through the whole story line.
Old June 12th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
But since I need to buy the booster packs to get the codes to play online,
There are 'other' methods. Do you think I spent 120 bucks on booster packs to get booster codes from said packs? Heck no!
Old June 12th, 2013 (01:26 PM).
Adventure

I did play the TCG! When I was like 10 years old. Then the people who played kind of disappeared = grew up and I could only play with my siblings. So it wasn't too long before I gave up on that :<

There's a gameboy game, hm? With an actual storyline? Might be worth trying if I can get my hands on it ^^

Old June 12th, 2013 (10:48 PM).
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
I think me and my cousins were the only ones that actually knew the rules of the TCG, as anyone else I knew just collected the cards for the sake of having them. We still try and have battles every once and a while when we get together, but it must've been at least a year now since I busted my cards out (even though I've gotten into the habit of buying booster packs again...)

And I remember one of my friends actually had that TCG game. It was actually quite well done, having I believe the first 3 or 4 sets of cards included. I didn't really find out about the story that much, but it played much similar to the way the TCGO does now, I presume. Might have to give it a try again at some point.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old June 13th, 2013 (08:04 PM).
Zeffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
There's a gameboy game, hm? With an actual storyline? Might be worth trying if I can get my hands on it ^^
fyi there are still GYM leaders in the game. I find it quite confusing but eh, it's a fun game :
Old June 18th, 2013 (05:31 AM). Edited June 18th, 2013 by Adventure.
Adventure

Completely unrelated to anything - I just noticed that Brendino's avatar caterpie has a yellow nose while the sprite in his signature has a green nose. Either, it's just a differently colored caterpie in the anime, or they changed its design a bit?

Kind of like they did with Jynx ^^ It used to be black but they made it purple later.

Old June 18th, 2013 (10:44 AM). Edited June 19th, 2013 by Brendino.
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Completely unrelated to anything - I just noticed that Brendino's avatar caterpie has a yellow nose while the sprite in his signature has a green nose. Either, it's just a differently colored caterpie in the anime, or they changed its design a bit?

Kind of like they did with Jynx ^^ It used to be black but they made it purple later.
Haha, I never would've noticed that. It looks like it was just a mistake made by the folks working on the anime, as any time a Caterpie showed up prior to Hoenn, it had the wrong colored nose, and a light colored antenna. In it's most recent appearance in the anime, its nose was back to the right color, but its antenna was still a little bit lighter than its official art.

There have been a few other coloring errors throughout the anime as well, especially early on (although, there was an instance in Hoenn where they messed up a couple of Pokemon at once), but I don't Caterpie had a deliberate color change like Jynx, it was just an honest mistake.

Old June 18th, 2013 (04:25 PM).
Zeffy

I've seen a lot of minor color errors of Pokémon in the anime. It can't really be helped, I think.
Old June 19th, 2013 (03:08 PM).
Adventure

Brendino you have broken links ;; I wanted to see, haha.

Also, I'd like to say hello with new mod glasses on. Doesn't mean I'm suddenly owning and deciding everything. What it means is that activities and improvements might finally take place!

Please work together with me to make PG a lively place and throw suggestions my way if you think you have an idea for Pokémon General, Pokémon Manga/Comics or Pokémon Voting Polls!

Old June 19th, 2013 (04:49 PM).
T!M

Quote:

Also, I'd like to say hello with new mod glasses on. Doesn't mean I'm suddenly owning and deciding everything. What it means is that activities and improvements might finally take place!

Please work together with me to make PG a lively place and throw suggestions my way if you think you have an idea for Pokémon General, Pokémon Manga/Comics or Pokémon Voting Polls!
CONGRATS, BRUH! It's nice to know that I talked to you extensively here on the Daily C-C before you became a head-honcho. :3

I SAW YOU EVOLVE!
Old June 19th, 2013 (05:24 PM).
Adventure

Totally, bro!

Hey, give feedback on the splash banner I just made for PG. I can't make it more advanced than that without enlisting my pair for help :p But I also don't think it needs to be more fancy than that. Do you?

Old June 19th, 2013 (05:38 PM).
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Quote:

O_O Don't know what happened, but they should be working now.

And congratulations on being named back on to the staff! Too bad that means we'll be missing one more person from the supporter collab, though. Oh well, I'm sure it's a fair trade off, haha.

Old June 19th, 2013 (06:16 PM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I know we may not be talking about Pokemon right now but congrats on becoming a mod again, Rika! Can't wait to see what new improvements you make to the section, and nice pic of Sapphire on the forum splash as well!

But yeah, congrats gurl and I do hope you last longer this time.
Old June 19th, 2013 (08:05 PM).
Zeffy

The forum splash is fantastic as it is imo :> needs more brock tho
Old June 20th, 2013 (01:49 AM).
Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
And congratulations on being named back on to the staff! Too bad that means we'll be missing one more person from the supporter collab, though. Oh well, I'm sure it's a fair trade off, haha.
This post is so funny now. Right back at ya, partner!

We'll be creating a much needed rules thread for PG. So, dear regulars, is there something in particular you think should be in the rules? Something that you have noticed might be good to put there that may not be obvious at a first thought.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links