The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:25 PM
jiminy_jam
Stuck inside a Net Ball

Nature: Calm
I do like the idea of sorting by number, that's pretty cool, although it does sound a little tedious.

The problem with my system is that I have near 2 full boxes of Water Pokemon.
Luckily I'm near finished the National Dex in White, so I don't need much more space.
Old June 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM
lmcde22

alphabetical order is my method. Makes it so much easier to find them. like box 1 might be A&B, box 2 would be C&D. so on and so forth. Its good because i don't have to worry about dual-type mayhem and because there arent many with V, W, X, Y & Z they can all go in one box and leave me room for Legendaries and EV trained poke's in theyre own boxes. Saves me searching for my best team when I'm going to wifi battle or whatever.
Old June 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Soldier Randy

Nature: Calm
I play Fire Red, and I organized them by their pokédex number, first Bulbasaur, then Ivysaur, and so on.
Also change the Box's name, so they end up like this:

Box 1: 1-30
Box 2: 31-60
Box 3: 61-90

And that way it's easy to find them.
The remaining boxes are for shinies, eggs and others, like, I have a male Snorlax on the box it has to be, and a female (you can catch 2 Snorlax) on the remaining box.
I try to have all evolutions (have one Charmander, one Charmeleon and one Charizard for example), that way the boxes are completely full.
Other thing is if I found a shiny pokémon, let's say Starmie, but I haven't caught one Starmie at all (wich it actually happened like a week ago), even though it's shiny, it will go to the normal spot.
My blog: "You know... that guy". Why don't you take a look at it? Just started it and if you have suggestion for any subject for me to write about I will gladly considerate it and give my thoughts on it!

yknowdatguy.blogspot.com
Old June 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't organize my Pokémon in a particular way, but I put Synchronize Pokémon in their own box, as well as the Pokémon I intend to use in Battle facilities. In D/P/Pt, I kept Unown in their own box as well.

Old June 5th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Sorting 649+ Pokemon through 20+ boxes?

Seriously though? I used to try to put them in number order, but it became too time consuming and I saw very little point in continuing. I just leave them as they are. Only time they move around is when I cycle my team around.
Old June 5th, 2013, 05:29 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

For me, I just put them in any order, setting aside boxes for: legendaries, shinies, and level 100's. If a shiny or legendary makes it to level 100, they go in the level 100 box anyways.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:08 PM
SubVirus

i've never organized my pokemon lol... they go where they go when i catch them.
I got a little organized when i started breeding but i only moved pokemon i cared about essentially.

Fire Red | Soul Silver | Expert Emerald 0/8 | Platinum | Blaze Black 6/8 | X
Delta Species Challenge: Pearl 1/8
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I previously organized by type, level, and gender. But I had way too many normal types for that to work haha.

Now my boxes are crowded and messy. I almost always have to search for a box with an open space. x:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:35 AM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
I actually just developed an OCD a few days ago, organizing my pokemon according to various classifications... although some may be "forced" into those habitats to save space.

Lakeside/Riverside = consists of grass, water, and rarely even other pokemons that would normally live near the said habitat. Marill, Deerling, Stantler, Shaymin, Keldeo, Wooper, Whiscash, Basculin, Magikarp, Golduck to name a few.

Deep Sea/Ocean = consists of most water pokemon. This includes any water type that you literally should find in the sea/ocean. Some examples are Jellicent, Shellder, Corsola, Kingler, Tentacruel, Gyarados, Stunfisk, etc.

Caves/Tunnels = includes a lot of pokemon found in caves. Usually rock pokemon, but also includes other non-rock pokemon such as Golbat, Dunsparce, Koffing, Muk and Woobat. Basically, sewers are also considered tunnels, so..

Hot Zone = this includes pokemon that could live in extreme temperatures, or at least could produce those extreme temperatures. Since desert and ground pokemon (not placed in the Cave box) are very few, I've included all fire pokemon in the box(es) as well. Cacnea, Krookorok, Trapinch, Numel, and Sandshrew are found here.

Fields = this includes pokemon found in mostly any grass of patch, and does not match other boxes' quotas. Normal pokemons are most commonly found here, as well as some poison types found in grass such as Stunky, Arbok and Seviper. No need to give examples for normals you find in the field. There are at least two Fields boxes in every game i play. Flying types are also found here.

Forest = includes all bugs and even most grass types. Typically, all of them are found in forests, but not strictly. Bellossom, for example, isn't really a forest-exclusive... but since most of the oddish line are also found in forests, i've included bellossom here. Some exceptions such as Slakoth and Sudowoodo are also found here.

PowerPlant = All steel types and electric types. Scizor and Forretress are included in the Forest box, though.

Stronk/Strong = includes most legendaries and all dragons.

Party = mostly the ones i'm currently using for battles. Also includes the HM slaves.

Daycare = most "pink" pokemon are found here. Chansey, Clefairy, Wigglytuff, Granbull... etc. Not strictly daycare though, i just had nothing to name it. Porygon is found here.

Gloompit/Stinkpit = Includes a lot of dark and ghost types. Ice types that couldn't fit into the deep ocean category are also found here... such as Swinub (cave box is too full), Glalie, Delibird, and ugly Jynx.

Experts = Fighting and Psychic types.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Because I capture so few Pokemon in game (i.e. only ones that I get as gifts or will conceivably use in my team), there isn't really so much a sorting process as a 'first come first served' policy re: space. I imagine I would have a system by type if I was serious about collecting critters, but the 'system' I have at the moment seems to work well so far.
Old June 19th, 2013, 10:59 AM
TheYellowPixel

I go by levels (0-10, 11-20, 21-30... Etc), then a separate box for Shinies, EV Trained, and Breeding.
Old June 19th, 2013, 11:13 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
I used to just put them in whatever box they were sent to but then I started putting the Water types in a "Water" box and Fire types in a "Fire" box and so forth.
Old June 19th, 2013, 11:15 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I do National Dex order in the games I have a lot of Pokemon in. My White 2 file has at least 14 boxes completely filled with every Pokemon in order so... it's really the only way to do it lol

In my games where I don't bother to collect, I have no organization at all cause I only fill like, 3 boxes max.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old June 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I don't organise them in the pc box, I mostly just throw them in.

Although occasionally if I'm doing a lot of breeding I'll set aside a box to put my breeding pokemon in....and maybe another box for shiny pokemon. That's about it in terms of organisation.
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Good question. I usually put the NFEs in one box and the Fully Evolved in another box. Any Eggs that I don't use go into a third box. If I have lots of Pokemon, and feel the need to use more boxes, I would color-code each box to help me distinguish each Pokemon.
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Boxes? I never bother with those, I only focus on the six Pokémon that are on my team and any extras just are placed randomly in my PC boxes.

Old July 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM
matsuko
Alliterating Artist

Nature: Quiet
i sort them by level, with a box for pokemon i still need to sort. so it's like lvs 1-10, lvs 11-20, etc.

fc: 1075-0821-0618
b2: 3741 0655 5412
name: matsuko

also, i do draw pokemon often. check out my album on here, or go to my deviant art which is linked on my profile!
Old July 4th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Mine are in the boxes however they end up there. I don't have time to arrange them all and to me I really don't care. The only box I keep organized is my egg box.
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Proud To Be A Brony
Typhlosion goes BOOM

Nature: Bashful
I play black2 and my sorting system is
TeamPkmn (all pokemon I use in my team)
Keep (pokemon I will keep, but not use, mainly for pokedex)
Trade (I do alot of trading now and have a box full of pokemon for trade)
Starters (name says it all)
Training (pokemon that NEED training)
Legends (short for legendaries)
Storage 1 and 2 (for any pokemon I have more than one of, mainly for the trade box really)
Quite simple really :D

I'm a Brony, I'm proud to be one, and nobody can change who I am!
Old July 6th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Arlo

I use lots of pokemon through the course of a game, so I'm constantly rummaging around in my boxes, rearranging my team.

Going from the first box to the right, I sort by quality, subdivided by special or physical if necessary. The first box is the first string pokemon - the ones I know I can count on - then it goes down from there, all the way to the junk I know I'm never going to use. Going from the last box to the left, I have duplicates, things I'm going to breed, things I've bred, extra eggs and babies and so on. Somewhere in the middle I have boxes for stuff I want to keep but am probably not going to use - preevos, shinies, legendaries, events and the like.
Old July 7th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't sort my Pokemon in any particular order, I only just put them next to Pokemon I think look nice with them!

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old July 9th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Iash654

i usually jsut throw them in with no order in mind. however i usually have a box just for unknows. also in my SS i had a box for my "ultimate" team because i started to try and complete the pokedex and train loads to evolve them in the E4
Pokemon ...

My Pokemon Fanfic: http://dft.ba/-6pHm
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
When I do bother to sort out my Pokemon (I don't believe they are currently sorted in any game but Soul Silver) I usually went with the type method. Though, of course, there was the dual-typing crisis in which I just put then in one of the two types that they are. But in my Soul Silver I decided to go with what color the Pokemon was according to the dex. So when I went to my PC you would see a box full of white, a box full of blue, and so forth. It was a pretty interesting method in my opinion!
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:18 PM
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
I really have no sorting method when I'm going through the game, especially when it comes to older games. I typically have one box for Legendarys and other novalty pokemon, and then everything else goes in the other boxes.

On Black 2 though where I've caught just about all of them; I have them sorted by their dex number
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Unlike some people I know, I rename my boxes and just store them and stuff. But I always go biggest to smallest. That is something I will NEVER stop doing. xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links