The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:36 PM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Yeah, Grey DeLisle might end up being Azula in the spirit realm (at least that's what my friends have been discussing recently whenever the topic of Korra comes up). That would be pretty interesting because I'll be honest, making Iroh in this series voiced by the voice actor for Zuko was a bit strange. I understand maybe as a cameo, but his voice just does not match that character to me. I hope they don't do the same thing with Grey for the same reason. Her voice was good for Azula but I feel like if they keep the voice for an older character (age-wise I mean, like Iroh) it won't make much sense.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Antemortem
I wish Kevin Spacey hadn't aged

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Dante Basco should not be voicing the new Iron character. It just... it really doesn't match the character. The voice is too low to complement the character's physical appearance, mainly the face. I think they should have done something different with that. Not wanting to give up Basco is not a solid reason, if that has anything to do with it.
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Just thought you'd guys want to know that Korra should be aired in Mid April!

Source: http://www.critiques4geeks.com/2013/...air-mid-april/
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Leijon
coz darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
Community Supporter

OMG! SO EXCITED FOR THE S2!! AHHHHHH! I wonder what would happen with Korra and the gang in the season premire tho!

8tw, This is gunnerpow7 on a new alt ::::*
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Spoiler:

Holy crap shiny Drifloon! That little lemon with the cloudy icing on top. That's one of my favorite shinies!

Anyway, back on topic. I'm excited for book two as well! :D
I'm mostly excited to find out more about Korra's family and perhaps get in some character development. While you're at it, make it less plot-heavy please! I feel the first book was a tad too plot-heavy. It really made characters like Mako that shallow, and it makes it difficult to like them when you compare the depth of these characters to the ones from ATLA. It's not a matter of only having twelve episodes to work with either. Even if you judge ATLA from its first twelve episodes too, you'd see that Aang, Katara and Sokka had way more character than Korra, Mako, Bolin and Asami.
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
Yukiyo Kayume
The Leviathan

Nature: Relaxed
Username
: Yukiyo Kayume
Element
: Water
Answer a discussion topic
:

Discussion Topics

8. If you could meet any ATLA/LOK character, who would it be and why? - I'd really like to meet Aang, because he is so laid back, fun and bubbly. being around him would definitely make me feel cheery too!

7. Where in the Avatar world would you like to be able to visit the most and why? - any of the Water tribes, because it is my favorite element <3 I'd want to be with my people, of course!

4. Which element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival? - I think they are all dangerous in combat if being used by a master. any element could easily crush a non-bender. for survival... I'm not sure, I can see how all of them would be useful.

Air - wind --> windmills --> power or using it for faster/safer sailing, easy traveling
Fire - warmth, cooking (anywhere), hunting
Earth - shelter, hunting, protection (earth armor)
Water - healing, sailing, hunting (breathing underwater, might be easier to catch fish that way)

hm, i could probably think of more examples but yeah..xD

1. Who is your favorite character? - I really liked that girl in the earlier episodes from the Water Tribe, the moon girl who Sokka loved. (sorry I cannot remember her name)

--

well, I hope I can be a part of your lovely group <3!

Friend Code: 2148-9230-3068
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
pikachu00
Unhatched Egg

Username:pikachu00
Element:Water
Who is your favorite character? I like them all, but I'll go with Sokka.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:13 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
Ah...why haven't I noticed this before? Whatever. I'll sign myself up.

Username: Minato Arisato
Element: Fire
Who is your favorite character? Eh...Zuko, I guess. I really liked his character development. I'm not too sure about my favorite character from the Legend of Korra series. None of them made much of an impression on me.
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:30 AM
pikachu00
Unhatched Egg

Actualy, I think Zuko's my favorite character too. Water used to be my favorite element, but now it's fire.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
Leijon
Community Supporter

I believe we should introduce a new topic to be prevent the club from getting stale.

What is your favorite episode of ATLA or LOK?
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to all the new benders!

First thing's first, here's the news:

Korra coming out this summer now? :D

Though I'd have to rewatch it all soon, my favorite episode was when Amon attacked the pro-bending arena the night of the tournament. Lin had some amazing moments on the fight on top of the glass dome.

Anyone interested in rewatching this together?

Old May 27th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Leijon
Community Supporter

ATLA: Episodes where there are Katara x Aang stuff ;D especially the end :D

LOK: Pretty much the end of the book. Idrk why.
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Here's the sneak peek, in case anyone missed it. No air date was announced, still.

I found this on tumblr today: Grey DeLisle voicing Azula ordering a pizza :D

What do you think about Princess Azula? Is she as evil as she seems, or is there more to her? Also, do you think she will be appearing in Legend of Korra?

Old June 19th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Leijon
Community Supporter

What do you think about Princess Azula? Is she as evil as she seems, or is there more to her?

I guess that she might turned over a new leaf but seeing her as a sneaky gal, I really have a hunch that she would be planning behind her brother's back >:)
Old June 19th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Azula is as evil as she seems, I'd say. She's the true heir in the family... unfortunately for everyone. She made her friends be evil... she's the root of their evil!
Old June 25th, 2013, 08:30 PM
thefallendetective
-johnlocked-

Nature: Lonely
Hello there, I would like to join the ATLA/LOK club please! You can call me Marina! (/゚▽゚)/

Username: thefallendetective
Element: fire

What do you think about Princess Azula? Is she as evil as she seems, or is there more to her?
I used to detest Azula, no doubt, but after pondering for a very long time (after ATLA ended), my
opinion of her has taken a 180 degree turn. Considering her past where she thought that everyone
thinks she is a monster, I really do pity her now. If given a second chance, I think she would change
for the better and make real friends instead of ruling with terror. Someone just needs to show her that
having power/control over people isn't everything. Well, I hope others will share the same opinion as
me! (^∇^)
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

@thefallendetective: Welcome to the club, my dear!

Poor girl never was quite stable nor approachable. She feuded with Zuko and sought to be loved by their father, when Ozai ended up using her and leaving her alone with the Fire Nation. The friends she made through fear and intimidation eventually left her. She then hallucinated about her mother, and even after imagining that her mom loved her, she wouldn't accept it. She thought she was a monster and that her mother loved Zuko more. :(
However, Azula was pretty nasty as a child and had an awful personality during the beach episode. She sought power from a young age, and her blue flames are the product of that. If she had a second chance to grow up outside of a royal family, Azula could turn out way better, but her ruthless personality would still be present...

Here's hoping that the character development in Book 2 will be just as intringuing. We have a new character and trailer! :D

Book 2 New Character Revealed
Spoiler:

Quote:
Fans of The Walking Dead and Legend of Korra rejoice: Steven Yeun, known to fans of the AMC horror show as Glenn, will be joining the voice cast of the Nickelodeon animated series as Wan, the very first Avatar in existence. Yeun’s character will appear in two episodes titled “Beginnings 1 & 2″ during the second season — aka Book 2: Spirits — debuting later this year.

Wan’s story will take place 10,000 years before Korra’s time, and follow the teenage explorer and skilled bender as he tries to bring balance between mankind and the spirits, a quest that ultimately leads to becoming the first Avatar.

Source

Book 2 New Trailer:
Spoiler:
Book 2 Trailer posted on July 19th.

476 HD screenshots from the new trailer

Old August 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Nature: Timid
I'm super pumped to finally see the very first Avatar. The trailer's stunning and I seriously cannot wait.. so many good things coming in the next few months. <3

Her design was adorable but I'm afraid she did come off as one of the only truly evil characters in the first series.. though that was mainly because of her background as the daughter of the Fire Lord. I really wished she would have changed towards the end so it saddened me to see what happened to her, but suppose it was inevitable. I'd love to see more of her in LoK!

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Avatar by Lilith | Signature by Achromatic
Old August 9th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Grimwohl

I always wanted to me an air bender.
I think they can do some cool stuff, and a lot of things I'd do with that power. Sign me up for that ok!
PKMN White FC = 0949 2646 1655
PKMN Y FC = 4828 4374 4469
Shiny Value : 2963 (not 834, sorry!)
Friend Me!
Old August 9th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter

Ooh the Owl Spirit (protector of that library?) was in the trailer! :D Super exciting, it's meant to be coming out September right?

She was severely twisted by her heritage and, no doubt, her father. I think it got to a stage where she knew no better, her point of view was very consistent.

I kind of feel sorry for her character, as it's not her fault, but she eventually took her anger and power-frenzy too far, to a point where she could not be saved.

I would prefer if she wasn't in LoK. I think her character has been put to bed, a small reference to her would be better than an actual appearance.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
White Raven
Working on The Mysterious Meteorite

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to White Raven
Username: Jeanne
Element: Water
Answer a discussion topic: Favorite character. Sokka, the legendary non bender! By far the funniest, I mean just look at him!

and this!
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, Grimwohl and Jeanne! Sokka is pretty neat and funny! Oh, and his boomerang is cool.

Book 2 airs in a few more days! Let's get pumped! New topic you can sling your boomerang at, wowzers.

What is your favorite weapon? Some choices are air glider, boomerang, Mai's weapons, Equalist's shock gloves, etc, click here for more ideas.

Also, a new trailer is out. Book 2 having an hour premiere this Friday, the 13th, at 7 PM Eastern / 6 PM Central.

Old September 10th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Karasuma
It's beemo time!

Nature: Modest
Could I join this? I recently saw all 12 episodes of The Legend of Korra, thanks to nickelodeon for putting up all episodes for free. I love the whole scenario and the animation looks beautiful. I do love The Last Airbender more, but I see The Legend of Korra having extraordinary potential, especially with the new trailer showing off the Book: Spirits. This is going to be an awesome Fall.

I'm a big fan of Bumi, the way how he acts sometimes reminds me of my crazy uncle. I wonder what happened to Tai-Lee and the Kyoshi warriors. I wish for the next season we see more flashback of 40 year old Aang and the rest of the gang. I shed tears when I saw Sokka older and still being the funny guy. Oh and how Toph keeps calling Aang 'Twinkletoes'.
Old September 13th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Sure, though did you want to be in a particular element, air water earth or fire?

Another trailer is up as a sneak peak about what happens tonight!

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/lege...id=korranation

Old September 13th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Netto Azure
<<Diving Mastah>>

Nature: Modest
"Then everything changed when the Water Nation attacked..."

That sums up what happened.

Scuba Diver Kylan wants to battle!
Kingler (Lv. 49) - Hyper Cutter - (Crabhammer, X-Scissor)
Kingdra (Lv. 49) - Swift Swim - (Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump)
November 21, 2014 / Staff Collab 2014

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links