Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page First Person Shooting games opinions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

View Poll Results: FPS ratings
I LOVE FPS'S AND MURDER 5 12.82%
Yes 13 33.33%
No 2 5.13%
Some... 14 35.90%
NO WAI THEY SUX 5 12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 15th, 2013 (11:52 AM). Edited June 15th, 2013 by Mew.
The New Species Pokémon - mostly inactive

Nature: Brave
What's your opinion on FPS's? God, the people who play them seem to hate Pokémon...
Old June 15th, 2013 (01:05 PM).
Shape the future!
Gold Tier

Nature: Careful
Depends on the game.

Of my top five most played games, three are first person shooters: all of them multiplayer. There's something about the rush of energy I get when I try to headshot an enemy at mid range while strafing to avoid incoming fire. That feeling of excitement when I rush through an enemy spawn only to get kill after kill, weaving and dodging to avoid getting shot at. Getting a sniper kill against an enemy sniper who's been pestering me all round long...

I find them really, really fun. I'll admit they aren't for everyone; I only really enjoy playing them for the multiplayer aspect. I like creating a character and advancing through ranks, unlocking and earning attachments.

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old June 15th, 2013 (03:45 PM).

Considering that's where most of the multiplayer is, that's where I mostly am. I also play TPS, racing, strategy, RPG, MMO, simulation, platformer, finger-shooter, RTS, action, adventure, etc. everything from E to M, from fainting Pokemon to gibbing locusts, from flooring a Reventon to saving every realm, every Universe.
Old June 15th, 2013 (05:33 PM).

Nature: Modest
The Poll seems a bit biased? Murder? A FPS typically sets you in a military environment thus no murder. I like them but really only ArmA because i'm going to enlist

Old June 15th, 2013 (05:37 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
I like some games. I used to liked CoD but the fans on Youtube ruined it for me.(some are fine though) I was watching a walkthrough and someone was like "THIS GAME SUX PLAY CALL OF DUTY THAT'S THE MANLIEST GAME EVER." And there's this kid whose obsessed and I mean OBSESSED with Microsoft and he has bad grammar(he does it on purpose) and he always ends his posts like "MICROSOFT 4 LIFE!!" or something. It's really annoying. I like some shooting games(Halo for example) those are fine.
Old June 15th, 2013 (05:42 PM).
the closed eyes of love
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Koishi Komeiji
Most FPS games have a bunch of multiplayer aspects included, in fact, most FPS are centered around the multiplayer. I used to play a lot of Call of Duty, but I just started to hate the competitive parts of it (I'm the type of guy who plays for fun), and soon stopped playing it altogether.
beloved
theme
credit
Old June 15th, 2013 (06:15 PM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I can only really enjoy FPS games when I play with friends. I used to play alone all the time but now I get bored really fast as I'm not as competitive as when I am with my friends, and the campaign modes to me even on the hardest difficulty are just far to simple and easy, maybe I just got better I don't know but they to me don't seem as good as they used to be.
Old June 16th, 2013 (06:47 AM).

And what's the reason you claim, that FPS gamers hate Pokemon?
Old June 16th, 2013 (07:37 AM).
Tsunderes forever

I used to play Halo before my boyfriend's 360 got the RROD. as for others most are okay but CoD. ( reason: all these stupid parents buying it for their little darlings who are clearly too young to play at M rated game and then hearing them on multi-player). I'll only play FPS on single player.

so yeah some FPS are okay.
Old June 16th, 2013 (07:38 AM).
The New Species Pokémon - mostly inactive

Nature: Brave
Yep. Most of them hate all the good games.

Mew

Old June 16th, 2013 (01:14 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote originally posted by Curtis talli:
I used to play Halo before my boyfriend's 360 got the RROD. as for others most are okay but CoD. ( reason: all these stupid parents buying it for their little darlings who are clearly too young to play at M rated game and then hearing them on multi-player). I'll only play FPS on single player.

so yeah some FPS are okay.

YES THANK YOU. And then on youtube they say that other games but call of duty suck and it's the manliest game ever etc.
Old June 16th, 2013 (01:39 PM).
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
The only FPSs i play are the Bioshock series and Borderlands 2. sure, i play FPS games, but not as dumb as the Call of Duty series that everyone mindlessly play

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old June 16th, 2013 (04:15 PM).

Nature: Quirky
I think I might be one of the few people who play Pokemon as much as other FPS games. Personally, they're (mostly) mindless games that I can play without thinking, whereas Pokemon is a game that requires some strategy. I enjoy the FPS genre, and I feel I can enjoy all types of games, from pure puzzle to turn-based strategy to mindless shooters. Games such as Call of Duty aren't that bad if you take away the immature and unintelligent parts of the community (but, let's face it, that's not going to happen).

Obviously there is no game that is marketed towards every type of gamer, and it's just a matter of personal preference which genre of games you decide to play - Pokemon, FPS, etc.
Old June 16th, 2013 (04:33 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I love FPS games! It has to be my favorite genre of games. I don't play as much FPS's as I used to a few years ago, but I used to play a ton of Soldier front (IJJI), AVA, Combat Arms, L4D, Ace of Spades, a ton of small commuity FPS's on Steam, and I also did try COD (but I didn't really like it.)

Like others have mentioned, I love the competitiveness brought out by most FPS's, and I do enjoy multiplayer games, so that's definitely something you almost always get with first person shooters. I'm honestly just a fan of shooting games. I might not be the best at them, but they are entertaining and they don't require much skill other than some decent coordination.
Old June 16th, 2013 (05:00 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Considering I've played about 1100 hours of Battlefield 3 you could say I like first person shooters. Good mechanics, solid gunplay and just the ability for anything to happen make FPS's enjoyable. I do not play CoD, that is the most diluted P
FPS and lowers the guality of the genre overall. I play semi serious a lot of the time but multiplayer with friends and meeting new people is fun. If it's a team game with the option to play many roles that also extends the life cycle for me.

And no, I love Pokemon! My battle buddies don't understand it...
Old June 16th, 2013 (07:52 PM).
Let the legend begin.
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
First person shooters aren't really my thing, as I've never found any sort of first person game all that fun, including things like Minecraft and The Elder Scrolls games. I much prefer if I'm controlling a character, that I can see all of their limbs (rather than just your hands, and occassionally your feet), as the first person cameras always seem a little phony to me. If I was using some sort of controller that simulated an actual gun by pointing it at the screen, I might be able to get into them a bit more.

So overall, I don't mind first person shooters, but rarely do I find myself playing them.
Old June 16th, 2013 (10:56 PM).
Carrion
Gold Tier

I used to love FPS games, but I feel that the market has been oversaturated over time so I lost interest not too long after BF3 started pedaling the dumb premium thing (that and it's like it's trying to be CoD.)
Old June 17th, 2013 (04:17 AM).
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
I like Fallout and zombie games which are usually FPS.
But I don't do the multiplayer stuff, no CoD or anything.
Old June 19th, 2013 (05:37 PM).
Queen of the Dark

I am a huge fan of most Fps games like elder scrolls, Fallout, Far cry, ect but being said unless its open world me no like <.<.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303290
Old July 7th, 2013 (11:31 PM).

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by KannibalKween:
I am a huge fan of most Fps games like elder scrolls, Fallout, Far cry, ect but being said unless its open world me no like <.<.
I wouldn't really consider Elder Scrolls to be an FPS o3o

Quote originally posted by UltraMew:
What's your opinion on FPS's? God, the people who play them seem to hate Pokémon...
A lot of people who play mainstream shooters are a bunch of idiots, I wouldn't listen to any of them

I'm not really one for the mainstream FPSes like CoD and BF but I do play tons of TF2, and Counter Strike, with hundreds of hours on each, and I did play a lot of Halo 3 back in the day when that was popular, although I've grown out of console gaming as it's a very silly thing... ok I'm not getting into that here, lol.

It's kind of an odd question to answer because it's not really like a very controversial thing and either you don't like FPSes because you're bad at them or you don't like the violence. Or you like them a lot.
Old July 8th, 2013 (01:45 AM).
I am the Scorpion King B[
Crystal Tier

I like FPS games, but i hate the ones that are constantly mentioned in youtube comments (CoD, Battlefield). I love Borderlands (tho it can be seen as a RPG too) and Far Cry, but CoD and Battlefield ruin FPS imo. Cant say anything about Halo since i dont own a Xbox. Some are good and some are way too overrated. Hearing little kids scream that you "hardscope" (dude... wtf thats how you USE A SNIPER) made me hate CoD and BF

Destiny gear | Twitter | Video Games | #TheHunt (Destiny Edition): 13/22
Old July 8th, 2013 (04:53 AM).
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
The actual games aren't bad at all. I don't mind playing any FPS, really. The communities suck but most of the games don't. Sometimes it's fun to shoot things, but not when you have to mute every other player in the middle of a match because they won't shut up.
Old July 8th, 2013 (06:55 AM).
I am the Scorpion King B[
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Sweets Witch:
The actual games aren't bad at all. I don't mind playing any FPS, really. The communities suck but most of the games don't. Sometimes it's fun to shoot things, but not when you have to mute every other player in the middle of a match because they won't shut up.
Excactly. For instance: Battlefield 3 had a good story and a fun co-op, but the online community ruins the Multiplauer. Since CoD is way too focused on Multiplayer and its campaign is pretty crap, id prefer BF3 over CoD if i had to pick. Idk about Far Cry's community since i barely played online with it, and Borderlands is bragging about the rarest loot and eliminating tough enemies together.

Destiny gear | Twitter | Video Games | #TheHunt (Destiny Edition): 13/22
Old July 8th, 2013 (09:52 AM).
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I like classic FPS like Doom and Quake. Not fond of the new ones.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old July 8th, 2013 (12:07 PM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
I quite like them, or at least a good number of them. While I'm not a huge COD fan, I still enjoy playing the games once in a while (mainly so I can troll idiots online). Mainly, though, I like games like the Borderlands and Bioshock series, as well as the FPS Fallout games.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links