The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Riork5
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Where do I find hm surf? In dark future?
Old June 20th, 2013, 03:46 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riork5 View Post
Where do I find hm surf? In dark future?
Spoiler:
You should go to Argent Warehouse and search there .

Support for:
Old June 20th, 2013, 06:44 AM
czen29

cool .. battle rooms are very useful ) i can train and train my pokemon more without bush grinding ) and dafuq i wasted my 50bp on a magikarp XD acts of my careless gaming hahaha :D
and p.s. is that ?????? thing worth 9999bp obtainable ?? any clues on what is it ?? hehe
Old June 20th, 2013, 07:31 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by czen29 View Post
and p.s. is that ?????? thing worth 9999bp obtainable ?? any clues on what is it ?? hehe
They are very usefull .

Support for:
Old June 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM
shreyanshvalentino

what is meant by active/normal battle mode???
Old June 20th, 2013, 10:23 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by czen29 View Post
cool .. battle rooms are very useful ) i can train and train my pokemon more without bush grinding ) and dafuq i wasted my 50bp on a magikarp XD acts of my careless gaming hahaha :D
Yeah, like aka4794 said, you migth want to buy that "thing" sometime in the game. Whatever it may be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyanshvalentino View Post
what is meant by active/normal battle mode???
There are two battle modes in normal pokemon silver - Shift and Set. "Normal" battle mode is simply "Shift" mode from the original version, but "Active" battle mode is an asm hack to "Set" mode to add another simple functionality. It won't make a big difference to "Set" mode though.

Also thanks, aka4794, for answering some of these questions! I'm actually even a bit bored of replying to everything.
There are threads of the hack elsewhere as well, and besides, I've also gotten private messages asking lots of different stuff.

And what comes to that thing, I'm planning to make a video containing information about all kinds of secrets and sidequests of the game (no one this far has found them all, that I can say for sure!). That's mostly for describing how to finish all the sidequests and that kind of stuff, so that there wouldn't have to be that much explaining to do

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old June 20th, 2013, 07:55 PM
MedicineMan
Unhatched Egg

Love the beta! Almost finished playing it.
Could anyone tell me how you're supposed to get Zapdos? I've been chasing the damn thing around forever but can't corner it.
Old June 20th, 2013, 11:23 PM
tifaluv

Oh wow it's finally in a near complete version! Nice downloading now
Old June 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
Love the beta! Almost finished playing it.
Could anyone tell me how you're supposed to get Zapdos? I've been chasing the damn thing around forever but can't corner it.
Thanks!
And what comes to chasing Zapdos, there is ~20% chance (I remember it being lower when I first build this script, but I think I modified to be around 20% later) it will run up the stairs when it's flown next to them (upper-right corner). When it has done that, it won't try to escape you anymore (had this in mind from the start too.
Not like it would have totally gone away but disappeared for a while and attacked you by surprise or something. *would have made the player think "Not again....").

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaluv View Post
Oh wow it's finally in a near complete version! Nice downloading now
Well actually, there is a high chance there will still be beta 5 before the complete release. But beta 4 is really far in the development already so try it out and see how it is

Hacks I support

Old June 21st, 2013, 12:44 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Also thanks, aka4794, for answering some of these questions!
No problem. If I can (I mean 'If I know answer' ), I help.

Anyway I also have question. I used hfd (Idk what is full name this tool, I got it in tool pack...) to look for pokemon moves list but it show me some strange things - some pokemons don't have moves, some pokemon have strange moveset (like Nidoran[M]: Defense Curl, Slash, Swift, Sandstorm - it looks like Sandslash moveset).
Did you change place when moveset is located?

And, I have an idea for event - I'll send it using PM (but I must write it correctly [I still have problem with English ^.^']).

Support for:
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:25 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka4794 View Post
No problem. If I can (I mean 'If I know answer' ), I help.

Anyway I also have question. I used hfd (Idk what is full name this tool, I got it in tool pack...) to look for pokemon moves list but it show me some strange things - some pokemons don't have moves, some pokemon have strange moveset (like Nidoran[M]: Defense Curl, Slash, Swift, Sandstorm - it looks like Sandslash moveset).
Did you change place when moveset is located?
I haven't re-located the pointer table that tells where the movesets of the pokemon are located, so it's most likely the tool that is doing stuff wrong. A good editor would be able to locate the moves pokemon learn through that pointer table.

But anyways, I have re-located lots of stuff and for example, no trainer editor made for Gold/Silver can read the pokemon data of any trainer in the game. Hex editors and assemblers (hex editors are more newbie-friendly to use than these) are your best bet for checking what is edited and where...

Quote:
And, I have an idea for event - I'll send it using PM (but I must write it correctly [I still have problem with English ^.^']).
Alrighty! If it sounds good, I'll think about building it in the game. I do have most stuff planned out already though.

Hacks I support

Old June 21st, 2013, 01:37 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
so it's most likely the tool that is doing stuff wrong.
Well... I hadn't any idea, in original Gold/Silver rom this tool show it correctly.

Quote:
(hex editors are more newbie-friendly to use than these) are your best bet for checking what is edited and where...
Hex editing make me insane xD.

Quote:
Alrighty! If it sounds good, I'll think about building it in the game. I do have most stuff planned out already though.
Well, I wanted to do similar in my hack but now I'm fighting with map connection. I don't understand it now (well, I must watch your tutorials on YT, I think that it'll help me ). Or I'll just make my hack using Fire Red...

Support for:
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:58 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Well... I hadn't any idea, in original Gold/Silver rom this tool show it correctly.
I actually guessed that. The programmer of the tool didn't know much about hacking though if he didn't program the functionality to read the moveset learning datas through pointer tables. Most hackers edit parts of the pointer table anyhow.

Quote:
Hex editing make me insane xD.

Well, I wanted to do similar in my hack but now I'm fighting with map connection. I don't understand it now (well, I must watch your tutorials on YT, I think that it'll help me ). Or I'll just make my hack using Fire Red...
Those tutorials I've uploaded aren't that newbie-friendly and if you want to understand what I talk about in them, you're going to have to experiment on your own as well. But if you do, you're definitely going to get the hang of hex editing, pointers, different memories and why those exist, scripting, assembly ("ASM"), and even more.
(And what comes to scripting, I don't get the point in even trying to learn to script before understanding how hex editing works. It's just so unnatural way to go for it even though people seem to do this a lot. That's also why I talk about scripting much later in the video series when the viewer has gotten hang of the "basics" first.)

I'd totally recommend watching them, but don't get discouraged if you can't keep up. The answers may lie (="are", not "bluff") just ahead.

Well, I got a little off-topic here. If you've questions, you can for example send me Visitor Message

Hacks I support

Old June 21st, 2013, 03:39 AM
crazy.devil
^^ just kidding

can anyone upload it for java mobile phone on mobile9.com or any other site????
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:00 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Crazy.devil, you only need MeBoyBuilder to make it for java mobile phone. It's easy (to do).

Support for:

Last edited by aka4794; June 21st, 2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:01 AM
crazy.devil
^^ just kidding

i cant do it.my pc is not working.someone please upload it.
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:04 AM
godlesplay

where is lost key which you need in greenwood ?
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM
nerevar
Unhatched Egg

I must say, this is a great hack - just about the only thing I disliked was the code in the warehouse bit. The whole thing seems... forced (why not just put it automatically in if we have it written down? or at least open the thing permanently).

Also, can anyone give me some hints on
Spoiler:
Zapdos? It's the only of the legendary birds I'm missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
where is lost key which you need in greenwood ?
In the same place the person who needs it was.
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:29 PM
crazy.devil
^^ just kidding

finally found the mobile version.this hack rocks miksy.
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:26 PM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerevar View Post
Spoiler:
Welcome Lord Nerevar, Moon-and-Star...

Anyway, here's hints
Spoiler:
You must get the code which you'll use in Abadoned Research Center in Argent Warehouse...

Support for:
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:52 PM
tifaluv

I talked to the scientist about the code for the warehouse and he just says half of it and talks about forgetting a pattern or something

I looked in this thread and the code Miksy told someone here doesn't work for me. It just says wrong. Any help?
Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:27 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Tifaluv - the full code is in other place.
Spoiler:
Not West but East. In the research center looks like Radio Tower.

Support for:
Old June 22nd, 2013, 03:05 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy.devil View Post
finally found the mobile version.this hack rocks miksy.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerevar View Post
I must say, this is a great hack - just about the only thing I disliked was the code in the warehouse bit. The whole thing seems... forced (why not just put it automatically in if we have it written down? or at least open the thing permanently).

Spoiler:

Quote:

Anyway, here's hints
Spoiler:
You must get the code which you'll use in Abadoned Research Center in Argent Warehouse...
What aka4794 said here is part true, and if I got what you meant, you've already managed to get inside the research center in Argent Warehouse. So Zapdos will be there once you've first "lead" it flying there.

Spoiler:
There is a girl in Area 110 describing how she saw a yellow bird pokemon flying by. Zapdos is in fact the one and you can run into it in Area 110 by checking a certain, obvious spot on the left side of the map. Zapdos will surprise you from behind, and fly to the upper-part of the map. Follow it there and "talk" to it. This will make Zapdos fly to Argent W. research center.

Also, I guess it could modify entering the password a little bit. For example, change Cancel option to "Auto" which would automatically input the password if you've "Code Paper" in your key item pocket. That wouldn't be cool though! But it would make several people happy

I'll see what to do about it, but I'll take your suggestion in notice.
By the way, cool to hear you liked it otherwise

Hacks I support

Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
nerevarine

Quote:
Thanks

Quote:
What aka4794 said here is part true, and if I got what you meant, you've already managed to get inside the research center in Argent Warehouse. So Zapdos will be there once you've first "lead" it flying there.
Yes, I should probably have mentioned I knew (from a video earlier in the thread) where I could catch him.

Quote:
Spoiler:
There is a girl in Area 110 describing how she saw a yellow bird pokemon flying by. Zapdos is in fact the one and you can run into it in Area 110 by checking a certain, obvious spot on the left side of the map. Zapdos will surprise you from behind, and fly to the upper-part of the map. Follow it there and "talk" to it. This will make Zapdos fly to Argent W. research center.
D'oh! Now I feel stupid
Spoiler:
I met him, only didn't follow the bird to the top...

Quote:
Also, I guess it could modify entering the password a little bit. For example, change Cancel option to "Auto" which would automatically input the password if you've "Code Paper" in your key item pocket. That wouldn't be cool though! But it would make several people happy
Well, putting it in once, isn't that bad - I guess I was more annoyed than a normal player since I came there looking for a certain pokemon a few times, thus entering it again and again became annoying.

Though probably less annoying than the amount of grinding required to do the King of the Sea quest (I don't think I'm going to do it this time around )

Quote:
By the way, cool to hear you liked it otherwise
Definately - the additions You've made to the gen II formula make it one of the most interesting things I've played.

One thing I forgot - is there anything we can do with the man in the Trading House? He certainly doesn't seem to accept the thing I bring him
Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mochorro

Nature: Adamant
Wow, Beta 4 of this master piece! This makes me want to finish my exams ASAP to start my summer holidays and play this. Congratulations on your progress and your scripting skills Misky, you're a truly amazing hacker.

A challenging Pokémon Black hack!

Hacks I support:
Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon Adventure: Green Chapter, Pokémon RD LoG, and Pokémon Resolute Version.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here