Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Reload this Page [Gen V] (RMT) Dual Screen Bulk

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old June 5th, 2013 (11:16 PM). Edited June 6th, 2013 by Mithel_Celestia.
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Rate my Team!

=== [doublesvgc2013] Dual Screen Bulk ===
VGC Tier/RMU Doubles Battle/Battle Competition

Latias @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Heal Pulse

Ok, I know people might consider Cresselia as a better dual screener, I agree, but one thing Cresselia lacks is a reliable instant, weather-independent, healing move in Recover and a support healing in Heal Pulse and, on an additional note, is faster than Cresselia. It's purpose is pretty strait forward. Set-up Dual Screens, recover off damage, heal ally. This Cleric is important to my team and this set and bulk is the reason.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Rest

Cresselia is mostly seen as only a support, but the irony in this is that this is supposed to be a set-up tank, wall, etc. If the opponent is focused on Special attacks, this is sent out along with Latias, who will set-up a Light Screen in conjunction with Cresselia's Calm Mind.

Daze (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Basically, this is only a Revenge-killer. If I need to take out an opposition as fast as I can, this will be sent out to deal with it. This will experience alot of switch-outs

Suicune @ Wacan Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SAtk / 140 Spd
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Protect

I don't know about this one. Just a filler to a much need bulk offense, but this can also establish Tailwind if ever need, but mostly not important since I don't go for speed, but it's an added bonus.

Corona (Arcanine) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- ExtremeSpeed
- Protect

Intimidate support offense and bulk. Arcanine is sent out along with Latias if Physical is the oppositions aim. ExtremeSpeed is a powerful priority if I need to take out a low health target or if i think the damage will benefit my ally. Speed is not an issue for this. Also, alot of switch ins and out.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Protect

... I don't know about this one. Maybe a Dark check for my two important Psychic types, but their bulk is already enough for Dark-types to not be a problem. I would still rather keep it if I do need a check or just so it can cover types my other members can't deal with.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old June 16th, 2013 (05:49 AM).
Alluring Illusion

Lol no reviews yet? Anyway just a bump, I want to know what you guys think of this. If you want to see this team in action, just search the pokemon showdown replays under trainer: Mithel_Celestia

Trainer Data:

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old June 16th, 2013 (06:04 AM).
I hate Smeargle.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
Hnnnnnng, I tried dragging someone else over here to do it because he's more experienced at this than I am but blah.

He did point out to me though that Scraggy can kill 4 of your team. You're lucky that Taunt is rare in doubles and most Latias run a bulky attacker set. Nonetheless, what are you gonna do if you end up with that thing as your last Pokemon?

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old June 17th, 2013 (04:34 AM).
Alluring Illusion

Well I'm already defeated if Latias is last, but most people tend to knockout my latias sooner anyway because of it's heal pulse and dual screens.

Trainer Data:

Old June 19th, 2013 (01:04 PM).
This is a Sailor's Prayer
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrael
I would honestly get rid of Suicune in favor of a Prankster Tailwind setter (Whimsicott, Thundurus, Tornadus)

Out of those 3 I would say Whimiscott would be the best, since it outspeeds the other two and can also be an AMAZING Terrakion partner.

And as Griff pointed out, Scraggy is a huge threat to your team. So in this case, you can use either of those 3 Tailwind setters I listed. Two are flying and that's an obvious threat to Scraggy, and Whimiscott can just use Charm and basically cripple the Scraggy.

As long as these struggles are aimless, we will all be standing still.
Trade Thread3DS FCPair
Old June 21st, 2013 (09:08 PM).
Alluring Illusion

^ I might consider that, but Suicune's tailwind is not why it is there rather it's bulk and tailwind support as an optional plus.

Anyway, I'm thinking of adding a Shed Skin Scrafty with the same moveset type as cresselia's(Rest Bulk Up set) and wonder if that's a smart move.

Trainer Data:

Old June 22nd, 2013 (05:47 PM).
I hate Smeargle.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
That doesn't help with your Scrafty weakness, unfortunately. Hmm, your best bet would be to take your team to nuggetbridge.com and get it ripped apart there. I'm the only one who does doubles here and all I'm good for is to iron out the biggest weaknesses that's often seen in teams completely new to doubles. The guys there make me look like a runt (even though I've beaten several of them, haw haw).

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links